• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So, if Isaac can't be in the game officially, anyone got a nice Isaac Mii they can share? A Mii Fighter is far from ideal but it could certainly help while waiting for possible DLC.

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
Well I'm done here. Thanks for the positivity everyone. I'm turning my attention to hoping for another GS game instead of Isaac ever being in smash. Sakurai seems to have his character priorities in other places. (Like clones and alts) Anyways here's hoping for possible dlc, even more hope for another, better, GS game. Meanwhile, I'm still only halfway through my first playthrough of dark dawn, so see ya!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Question guys: Once Saturday hits what will happen to this Thread? Could we talk to a Mod to see if it can be moved without it having to be locked?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
So, if Isaac can't be in the game officially, anyone got a nice Isaac Mii they can share? A Mii Fighter is far from ideal but it could certainly help while waiting for possible DLC.
I made a good one, give me a bit to upload it for you :p

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Apparently people are noticing that guys like Isaac, Mewtwo, Dixie and Ridley are misteriously absent from the trophies...

That our last glimmer of hope for DLC, I guess. :sadeyes:

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Worst case scenario in all of this? Nintendo is planning to sell Golden Sun, but hopefully they will not. I honestly believe Nintendo would never do such a thing considering how long they have held on to their older franchises that are rarely used.

For those of use holding out for DLC for Isaac or for some unheard information on him, I believe this the theme that suits our situation and feelings quite nicely:

I dunno, this is more me right now:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Hopefully you guys like it. I thought it turned out pretty good lol. The QR codes are from the Wii U version, let me know if they don't work on the 3DS and I'll upload those ones instead.

Bonus: I made Kraden too :p

Pink Gold Peach and Bayonetta are going to be my Brawler and Gunner, in case you guys wanted those too :p

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

Camelot is indeed in the credits (top left) there is definitely something fishy going on here

Last edited:

Destroyer713

Smash Rookie
Well, I suppose it was fun while it lasted. A shame we'll never see any GS rep in Smash Bros. or even get GS 4, for the matter. But clearly Nintendo hates the series now, so I suppose we can only dream about what it could have been like...

So yeah, peace out everyone. I'll just have to make due with Robin, Greninja, and maybe Shulk if I like his playstyle and his fans don't make me hate him too much.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Are there people still streaming the game?
I don't think so, but it's what people have gathered so far.

Some popular characters misteriously absent from trophies, so far at least.

By the way, what happened with that "Isaac wifi icon" thing? Saw it on NeoGaf too, but never understood what it meant.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
We have been discussing the Waluigi thing before - Camelot doesn't get credited in any game they didn't make. Namely Mario Smash Football, the later Mario Karts etc.
Waluigi is as first party as they come, so that shouldn't be a possibility.
That definitely is fishy and also the reason why I'm not desperate yet.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

If you haven't seen the announcement, all of the SSB4 Character Discussion board will be locked/archived a day or two after JP release.

I'd suggest you guys make a Social Group if you want to continue discussion/save stuff from the OP, etc.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Hmmmm... I think it's definitely a possibility they haven't finished him, and with smash 5 coming out. Those last 4 spots could be reserved for the MIA characters.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think so, but it's what people have gathered so far.

Some popular characters misteriously absent from trophies, so far at least.

By the way, what happened with that "Isaac wifi icon" thing? Saw it on NeoGaf too, but never understood what it meant.
How many trophies have been unlocked overall? There's something like 650 trophies in the 3ds version right? There's every chance they're just extra rare or they just haven't shown up yet.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Guys, let's at least make an effort to get to 200 pages before the topic gets locked :estatic:

How about one last Golden Sun discussion before it's over?

Favourite Adept?
Favourite Element?
Favourite NPC?
Favourite Lighthouse?
Favourite Rock?
Favourite Song?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

Talk about a blow to the gut. I always thought that if Isaac didn't make it as playable, he'd at least reprise his role as Assist Trophy. But now it looks like they had him walk the plank altogether.

Good night everyone, I'm going to sleep...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you haven't seen the announcement, all of the SSB4 Character Discussion board will be locked/archived a day or two after JP release.

I'd suggest you guys make a Social Group if you want to continue discussion/save stuff from the OP, etc.
It's going to be harder for me to make a scene amongst the mods now that I'm not one of them, but I'm still going to make a ruckus about this later.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You know, I just realized Golden Sun actually got downgraded from last time...

Is there a grudge I don't know about?
No, it's just a sign that Isaac will be DLC :)
I HATE to get my hopes up again, but in all honesty, this is the only real explanation. There's no good reason for Isaac to not return as an AT unless Sakurai wants to leave him open for being a potential DLC character later. Or Nintendo sold Golden Sun, but considering all the re-releases on Virtual Console, that's highly unlikely.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You know, I just realized Golden Sun actually got downgraded from last time...

Is there a grudge I don't know about?
It makes absolutely no sense to me. Golden Sun has 3 games to it's name. It's more than deserving of having an assist trophy. I think the majority of people would agree. I'd say the same for Ray really, 5 games in the Custom Robo series at least warrants an assist trophy.

That's the reason I can't shake the feeling something funny is going on. The thought of Golden Sun regressing of all things frankly seems totally alien to me.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Guys, let's at least make an effort to get to 200 pages before the topic gets locked :estatic:

Favourite Adept?
Favourite Element?
Favourite NPC?
Favourite Lighthouse?
Favourite Rock?
Favourite Song?
Are we making a group for Golden Sun discussion? :sadeyes:

Anywho, my answers would be:

- Isaac, Piers a close second
- I actually like Wind Psynergy best, probably
- I was fond of Briggs and Chaucha
- Jupiter lighthouse... dat music
- Probably Air's Rock
- Aside from the usual suspects (main themes and battle themes), I really like "Full moon in Garoh". Such lovely music. <3

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Did Sakurai actually say that the ATs would be different in the Wii U version?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Did Sakurai actually say that the ATs would be different in the Wii U version?
He said that the AT's between versions would be MOSTLY the same. Even then, it'd make more sense for Isaac to be 3DS exclusive than Wii U exclusive.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
The only thing that would make sense to me is Sakurai KNEW the game would leak pretty much. So he proabbul has 2 DLC characters or characters that unlock with an update as a big **** YOU to everyone.

That's totally something he could do.

Its just a shame, though. I will still buy it...duck hunt is an important part of Nintendo's history. But Isaac is wanted...shouldn't that he enough?

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
I honestly believe Isaac, so long as the Wii U has the exact same assist trophy list as the 3DS, will be in the game.
In fact, I'll put my money that he'll be among the Wii you "additional" five characters, as an unlockable.

If he isn't, prepare for the first SSB with DLC characters (Both scenarios, a big win).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Favourite Adept?
Favourite Element?
Favourite NPC?
Favourite Lighthouse?
Favourite Rock?
Favourite Song?
...WHY NOT!?

1.- Jenna!
2.- Venus
3.- Feizhi (from Xian)
4.- Venus
5.- Fire (the music sounds so... Contra/TMNT!)
6.- Saturos' battle theme.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I'll say the same thing I said in another thread but reworded to fit Isaac.

Welp since it seems the threads are going to be locked and archived soon I might as well say my goodbyes (Sad I didn't visit this thread enough). I'm sad Isaac didn't make it but for me anyway this game isn't disappointing I can't wait till it comes out.

Isaac may not be in as of now, and it's kinda bullcrap he's not even here as an AT at least (but that may prove to be a good thing later) but trust me he's got a wonderful chance for DLC at the very least. I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't do DLC for Smash and if Mario Kart 8's DLC is anything to go by then we will be just fine.

Hope to see you guys again when DLC finally comes for him or if worse comes to worse the next Smash Bros for whatever system they think of next. I doubt we will have to wait THAT long though. :)

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
It's going to be harder for me to make a scene amongst the mods now that I'm not one of them, but I'm still going to make a ruckus about this later.
You lost your title of Captain Justice. Those were funny days, dont you agree?

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
Golden Sun is an enjoyable RPG because of its uniqueness, its way of solving puzzles and a cast of generic yet enjoyable characters [although I wish they had more development.] Not a lot of people are familiar with the series back then, and now it's gained a slightly bigger audience thanks to the Virtual Console release. The Lost Age will be released there soon, there's no doubt about it. And even then, I'll still be happy that a lot more people will get to know one of my favorite series of all time.

So in the end, I'm fine with the final roster despite the absence (except for Dark Pit and Palutena. They're getting no warm welcome from me.)

Until then, take care everyone. I shall hopefully see you online the Smash battles one day.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804