• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
If Isaac is in the Wii U version, maybe it's because that the GBA VC is on the Wii U. Who knows?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
guys the mii fighter slot isn't there! its not real!
The Mii fighters are not available in a certain mode. Plus that message says, A new All-Star Mode has been unlocked. And this was seen on the stream.

But don't worry, I still believe in Wii U exclusive LAUNCH characters which would be added to the 3DS version via free DLC. Mark my words, we will be seeing some unexpected newcomer trailers to hype up the Wii U version after a few weeks! I think :)

Keep the positivity alive!

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Well Project M Isaac + Smash 4 Isaac is now a possibility.

Remember this, there is no point in Isaac joining Smash with Golden Sun in this state.
If we got Golden Sun 3DS-Wii U + DLC Golden Sun character it would be fine for me.

But i dont want Isaac in Smash with a dead Golden Sun.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The Mii fighters are not available in a certain mode. Plus that message says, A new All-Star Mode has been unlocked. And this was seen on the stream.

But don't worry, I still believe in Wii U exclusive LAUNCH characters which would be added to the 3DS version via free DLC. Mark my words, we will be seeing some unexpected newcomer trailers to hype up the Wii U version after a few weeks! I think :)

Keep the positivity alive!
Have we seen the new All Star Mode? Without the lock?

I'm sorry, if this is the final roster, I am about this close to cancelling my preorder. Nintendo's marketing team has screwed up so bad here. Not having Isaac is one thing. Teasing and mocking the fans about Ridley and Mewtwo is another.

D

Deleted member

Well Project M Isaac + Smash 4 Isaac is now a possibility.

Remember this, there is no point in Isaac joining Smash with Golden Sun in this state.
If we got Golden Sun 3DS-Wii U + DLC Golden Sun character it would be fine for me.

But i dont want Isaac in Smash with a dead Golden Sun.
Well, the first part is a glass half-full proposition. Since I got Project M working, I'll give it a shot.

But, some fighters have had their last games decades ago. I know you want a new Golden Sun game (don't we all), but if we get Isaac in as a DLC fighter (he'll most likely be first wave), that'll be the first priority.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I was sad for a moment, but leave it to all these great supporters to put my faith in Isaac back where it belongs.

We still have Wii U to look forward to, with 3DS DLC possibility.

AND Project: M!

It boggles my mind that Camelot is credited, but no Golden Sun content has been revealed so far.
(Perhaps, it might not even be DLC... maybe it's Disc Locked Content that gets unlocked for everyone when the Wii U version comes along).

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I'm sorry, if this is the final roster, I am about this close to cancelling my preorder. Nintendo's marketing team has screwed up so bad here. Not having Isaac is one thing. Teasing and mocking the fans about Ridley and Mewtwo is another.
You guys are making assumptions again. :c
Calm down for a bit.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I was sad for a moment, but leave it to all these great supporters to put my faith in Isaac back where it belongs.

We still have Wii U to look forward to, with 3DS DLC possibility.

AND Project: M!

It boggles my mind that Camelot is credited, but no Golden Sun content has been revealed so far.
(Perhaps, it might not even be DLC... maybe it's Disc Locked Content that gets unlocked for everyone when the Wii U version comes along).
"When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably" - Walt Disney

Thus I will keep believing in Isaac. Wii U version keeps my hopes alive!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I hate to say it, but I'm actually more confident than ever about Isaac being planned for DLC, or being a Wii U starter and being made available via patch for the 3DS version once the Wii U version comes out. Isaac is the one who really makes me believe this. Nearly all the AT's from Brawl are back, except about 1-2, Isaac (an EXTREMELY popular request for AT promotion, probably the #2 most requested AT promotion with massive moveset potential) is absent, with no other references to him or his franchise whatsoever? And there's far more obscure franchises represented via AT's already?

Yeah, sorry, that just screams DLC to me. I kept saying that for the longest time; if Isaac's AT is absent, I think he's being planned for DLC. And now its happened. Funny how Isaac is the one who sells it for me.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The lack of Isaac Assist is odd. DLC is a very real possibility.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I can take Isaac not appearing at all for now. It's going to be strange if we don't see any Golden Sun content at all on the handheld version of Smash though.

It's better than a clear cut deconfirmation as an assist trophy at least. We have some kind of shot at character dlc in the future.

Not sure what else to say.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You guys are making assumptions again. :c
Calm down for a bit.
I'm pretty sure we've said this before, but GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR THREAD.

You aren't allowed to come in just to detract. We've warned you about it before. We can be as pessimistic as we want. You can't tell us how to feel, and you can't come in just to order around people whose character did not get in.

Let me ask again: Have we seen an unlocked All Star Mode yet?

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Man, today's been a roller coaster. For the sake of optimism, this does leave the door wide open for Isaac DLC like many of us have expected and hoped for, but even so, the idea that Golden Sun is flat-out missing from the 3DS version at launch is extremely deflating. Maybe there will be DLC, maybe there will be more unlocks once the Wii U version releases, but we don't know if those things will come to pass. What we do know that Isaac isn't playable and he isn't an AT, and it's awfully difficult to get hype over that.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

Yeah, I really feel like the Ridley teasing went a bit too far. It's bad enough that he's not playable, or that another Metroid character isn't playable, but then to go and do that... I mean, Sakurai could have mentioned Ridley by name and shown him in that Direct. The indirectness was teasing. If it wasn't intended that way, they should have been more careful because Ridley fans have already had it bad enough, you know? Such a highly requested character...

I could have tolerated a roster without Isaac, as much as I wanted him. But a roster with Dark Pit and Doctor Mario, but no third DK/Metroid rep or Mewtwo is unpassable. I'm done hyping SSB rosters as long as Sakurai is in charge. He just doesn't seem to get it, and the bias to KI is beyond noticeable.

(and before anybody says anything, I can list both a DK and Metroid character that could have been costumes promoted to playable instead of Dark Pit)

Last edited:

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
This worries me. If Isaac doesn't make it into Smash 4, how will he ever make it into future Smashes? The Golden Sun franchise has been decaying slowly to being less relevant.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm a strong believer in DLC and Isaac is definitely a top contender for it, seriously. It's just a shame that we might have to wait closer to the Wii U version's release before any indication of DLC, they probably want to hype it more during that time.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
We're lucky really. (sorta)

The scenario in which Isaac isn't playable is a better one than I expected, as opposed to Isaac appearing as an assist and us desperately trying to convince others (and probably ourselves) that an assist can become playable through dlc.

The absence of Ray Mk II and Jill Dozer concerns me though, are we to believe they'll be dlc characters too? Why were they removed as assist trophies?

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Sakurai is strange, I mean, he manages to hype us with Mega Man, Little Mac, all sort of awesome characters, and then he decides to end the roster with clones. Also, let's be honest here, that Dark Pit is just Sakurai fanservicing himself. I know he kinda deserves it, but leaving Mewtwo, Ridley, Isaac and K.Roll out, it's just wrong and makes absolutely no sense.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't think there's a chance for Wii U interconnectivity. It would make a lot of the people who bought the 3DS version very unhappy. Forcing them to buy another version to get a complete roster, when they were promised both games would have the same roster, is not going to go well. I don't see Nintendo torpedoing their reputation like that.

I believe it was also stated that no DLC was currently in the works.

I'm starting to think Nintendo just forgot Golden Sun.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The options seem to be:
-AT on Wii U only (weird)
-DLC Character
-No Isaac or GS AT at all

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
My birthday is in November. The last Pokemon game launched on my birthday, the next one is launching the day before. It has been often speculated before (not officially) that most likely, the Wii U version of Smash will launch around the same date to maximise sales near the sale period at that time.

Maybe Nintendo just wants to give me an AWESOME birthday by making Isaac playable in the Wii U version launching at that time :p Then adding him via free patch on the 3DS version!

Cheers people, it's not over till it's over. This is just the start!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The options seem to be:
-AT on Wii U only (weird)
-DLC Character
-No Isaac or GS AT at all
And, of those, I think the third is actually the most likely at this point. As much as I hate to admit it. As you say, restricting Isaac to AT on Wii U only is just weird. He was considered the best AT, he was very popular, why restrict him to just one?

I don't have much hope, if any, for DLC until they actually announce that they are at least working on some character DLC.

So, yeah, I'm kind of losing faith in Nintendo. Not only have they cut completely a character from my second favorite game of all time, but they've openly mocked and ridiculed certain aspects of their fanbase. They've teased and then failed to deliver on plenty of aspects of this game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just can't imagine why Sakurai would completely scrap a GS AT. I can understand Ray MK to an extent (though that's also saddening), since Custom Robo hasn't had a game since pre-Brawl, and Jill only ever had one game that never made huge waves... but Isaac if nothing else still came from a fairly notable series which had a post-Brawl title...

If Saki can return... Isaac definitely should as well. Or at least we should get Matthew in his place. Something...

Plus it's not like the AT's effect has been appropriated by something or someone else.

I just can't wrap my mind around a complete omission... GS might not be huge, or super popular anymore... but it's still definitely AT worthy, especially when it has a character as popular as Isaac.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If we have any hope left, it's on the 13th. If there is any cross-system carryover things, it would have to be announced then. Because otherwise, people would start to get their games in Japan and rage and despair over the shamelessly withheld content the way we are now.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Wait, so let me get this straight, Isaac ISN'T EVEN AN ASSIST TROPHY? So if this game does not have DLC, then literally no Golden Sun content in this game...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
And, of those, I think the third is actually the most likely at this point. As much as I hate to admit it. As you say, restricting Isaac to AT on Wii U only is just weird. He was considered the best AT, he was very popular, why restrict him to just one?

I don't have much hope, if any, for DLC until they actually announce that they are at least working on some character DLC.

So, yeah, I'm kind of losing faith in Nintendo. Not only have they cut completely a character from my second favorite game of all time, but they've openly mocked and ridiculed certain aspects of their fanbase. They've teased and then failed to deliver on plenty of aspects of this game.
Golden Sun not getting any representation at all would be beyond bizarre. Isaac was a popular assist trophy, there was no good reason for him to be cut. Relevancy isn't an issue when it comes to assist trophies.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Well, the SSB4 hype train derailed I guess. No playable Mewtwo on the roster is pretty much a killer for me. No Golden Sun content in any way, shape or form is stupid as well, I mean how the heck the most unique Brawl Assist Trophy character who was a highly requested playable newcomer got actually demoted, and his series got completely cut in term of any form of representation? At least we got some great and widely requested newcomers like Mega Man, Little Mac, Shulk and Bowser Jr, but without additional contents, free or paid, it's going to be disappointing.

All my hope goes for new characters announced for the Wii U version, who can be added to the 3DS version either by connecting them or with an online download. A few days ago I would think that this idea would be completely stupid, but now I'm genuinely hoping for it. Dr. Mario gave me huge hopes for Mewtwo before the former being in and the later not being in would be the dumbest thing in the Smash history, and indeed it became the dumbest thing in the Smash history.

But now we should support the concept of downloadable additional characters before any specific character, because maybe Sakurai will only show exclusive game modes for the Wii U version to increase the hype for the new console SSB game. Also I really, really want to discover more newcomer trailers in live, because I only watched four of them and Robin was the only one that made me really hyped.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
For Assist Trophy, there's still the Wii U version. It was confirmed that what the games would share is the fighters. Things such as items, stages and Assist Trophies -even Pokemon- are going to be in more quantity in the Wii U version.

D

Deleted member

Wait, so let me get this straight, Isaac ISN'T EVEN AN ASSIST TROPHY? So if this game does not have DLC, then literally no Golden Sun content in this game...
That's how it looks.

I call shenanigans on this, especially since Golden Sun had a game released between Brawl and 4.

That's why I'm hoping for DLC, because it's clear they won't make a Smash 5 for many, many years.

Hopefully, the Japanese gaming masses will both bail us out and help us when they see this roster and realize that several of their wanted characters not only failed to make the cut, but didn't appear at all.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
I refuse to believe that 100% of all the Golden Sun content was cut...that's absurd and I'm going to be incredibly salty about it if that's what happened.

To have so many characters cut and then even GS totally removed, if this is the final roster/final everything, I'm incredibly disappointed.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Someone on GAF apparently saw Isaac's wifi icon among the ATs in the customization menu... but there's no proof of it atm.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I don't think there's a chance for Wii U interconnectivity. It would make a lot of the people who bought the 3DS version very unhappy. Forcing them to buy another version to get a complete roster, when they were promised both games would have the same roster, is not going to go well. I don't see Nintendo torpedoing their reputation like that.
Or they could just go see a friend who has a Wii U...

Top Bottom