• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Well, I still have to make it so Isaac remains in the center, so... Voilà! My new invention!

This is just too perfect :sadeyes:

Such unfairness! I'm playing with a disadvantage!
I guess I'll have to improve my speed thinking in english. All this chatting sure is helpful, that I can tell :seuss:
Even better! Now people won't complain about missing some ATs!

English isn't your main language? Huh. I couldn't ever tell.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Barbara should probably be there too considering we don't know her AT status.

If only Sakurai wasn't skewing things so drastically to the recent...
Even that's not an argument, Dark Dawn was only a few years ago. Then there's the fact that he brought back Dr. Mario and added Duck Hunt Dog according to the leak.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, I still have to make it so Isaac remains in the center, so... Voilà! My new invention!

Such unfairness! I'm playing with a disadvantage!
I guess I'll have to improve my speed thinking in english. All this chatting sure is helpful, that I can tell :seuss:
Now, let's look at this list again:

Barbara (unlockable). Advance Wars (unlockable). Isaac (unlockable). Ray Mark III (unlockable). Grey Fox (unlockable).

So, of 11 ATs in that picture, basically half of them are unlockable ATs. The only unlockable one who has been revealed was Shadow. Who was revealed alongside Sonic, his series rep, and his unlock condition in Brawl, so it makes sense to show him off.

The "oh he would have been shown by now" would make a lot more sense if several of the ATs that were previously unlockable had been shown, instead of just Shadow. If we already saw Advance Wars and Barbara, for example, it would carry a lot more weight, in my opinion.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Even better! Now people won't complain about missing some ATs!

English isn't your main language? Huh. I couldn't ever tell.
It sure will satisfy everybody now, hum. Now, let's get some trophy reveals.
(I swear if after all these silly bingo things the next returning AT confirmed is Isaac I'm hiding under the sheets to never get out again in shame)

Aaand to not fill too much the thread with off topic, shortly, no it's not, I'm from Spain ;P I sure take my time to write the posts, re-read them a few times to check for possible mistakes and correct'em though, but I'll take it as a compliment Embarrass.
That also explains why I get :4greninja:'d every time :sadeyes:
PS. Just as a curiosity, the hardest thing to do was to relate the english names of the characters to the ones in my version. Isaac is Hans in the spanish version, Jenna is Nadia, and... I don't remember right now, but a few of 'em changed and I got super confused the first days when posting itt, hah.

Even that's not an argument, Dark Dawn was only a few years ago. Then there's the fact that he brought back Dr. Mario and added Duck Hunt Dog according to the leak.
What I will never stop wondering is why Shulk got the treatment Isaac didn't get, or, to put it the other way, why didn't Isaac get the treatment Shulk got.

I don't want to think Sakurai hates Golden Sun or something, but I seriously would like to know if he thinks the franchise has no potential or he does not see a way to extract it. At least some explanation of why one of the best candidates is never in the game.

The "oh he would have been shown by now" would make a lot more sense if several of the ATs that were previously unlockable had been shown, instead of just Shadow. If we already saw Advance Wars and Barbara, for example, it would carry a lot more weight, in my opinion.
I know, I know, I was just trying to bring some silly humor to the thread, you're absolutely correct, don't look too deep into my little foolish posts :p

But seriously though, if unlockable AT start getting revealed via PoTD or any other way and Isaac does not, that could mean something! Which leads me to a few posts of mine ago.
Even if he's neither an unlockable AT nor a character, that'd mean either Sakurai threw GS off the bridge or he's a planned DLC character.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I agree with you 100%! Isaac's popularity as well as demand for inclusion was eclipsing Shulk's for quite a long time! On many threads throughout the Internet as well, there were some threads with Isaac or Shulk for Smash and Isaac usually won out not by a very large margin but a notable one nonetheless. After the Gematsu leak with Shulk in it, his popularity skyrocketed whereas people starting thinking that Golden Sun is irrelevant and won't be included and jumped on the Shulk bandwagon. Golden Sun has 3 games and the first 2 were really influential during the GBA era. Dark Dawn, in my opinion, doesn't matter. The character's popularity is still there and his potential moveset is still there. Plus his amazing history remains the same.

I agree about Assist Trophy inclusion as well. Many of the demanded characters like Waluigi, Skull Kid and Ghirahim have been deconfirmed by revealing them as ATs. The trophy that was upgraded has also been shown i.e. Little Mac. Seeing how Isaac is one of the MOST demanded characters usually 4th or 5th, and his AT was the strongest in Brawl, the silence does seem suspicious. I think it increases the chances for Isaac's inclusion a lot more.

As I said, GS:TBS and TLA have both come out on Wii U VC in Japan, so Nintendo still remembers Golden Sun and I can see Isaac's appearance in Smash 4 to be atleast a tribute to that!

Here's to for our favourite Venus adept in Sm4sh!
i was gonna say on the smashboards character popularity poll, isaac was the 5th most requested, just above little mac! i'm really hoping sakurai did give isaac the same treatment he gave to little mac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
i was gonna say on the smashboards character popularity poll, isaac was the 5th most requested, just above little mac! i'm really hoping sakurai did give isaac the same treatment he gave to little mac.
He was? I didn't think Isaac was more requested than Little Mac.

What I will never stop wondering is why Shulk got the treatment Isaac didn't get, or, to put it the other way, why didn't Isaac get the treatment Shulk got.

I don't want to think Sakurai hates Golden Sun or something, but I seriously would like to know if he thinks the franchise has no potential or he does not see a way to extract it. At least some explanation of why one of the best candidates is never in the game.
This is why I still think Isaac is playable, or will be saved for DLC if he didn't make the final roster. Isaac HAS potential, and it doesn't take much research to figure it out. Sakurai clearly saw potential in Isaac's Move Psynergy, doesn't take much more to look around and see everything else Isaac is capable of.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You got a link for that cause that's pretty impressive if that's true.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That's one popularity poll and Isaac is in fifth with 219 votes. Its impressive, but it doesn't mean a whole lot.
Hey its 33.7 % which means a 3rd of the people who voted, wanted him as well! Actually to be honest, I always thought Isaac was more popular than Little Mac for Smash since in many forums around the internet (can't list all of 'em) Isaac was always 4th or 5th place and Little Mac was usually behind by a margin. Thus I was surprised to see that Little Mac got upgraded first and also that Little Mac is regarded as more popular than our Earth adept.

It is funny though that out of the top 5 in the poll, only 1 has been revealed whereas the rest 4 are still remaining to confirmed. Plus none of them have been shown in the recent most leak. Isaac, Ridley, K. Rool and Mewtwo. Doesn't that seem a bit off? Out of top 5 contenders throughout the internet (the ranking is pretty much the same, except Ridley is now more popular than K. Rool), only the 3rd party rep (Megaman) has been revealed and the 4 , not in the leak, have not been revealed. Maybe they are the remaining newcomers for a final announcement?

Cause that will be legendary, plus it will make Smash 4 too lucrative a chance to pass up, even for non Smash fans who love any of these 4 characters!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Honestly, I don't see K. Rool getting in. I think Dixie is in instead, if there is more DK representation.

However, Mewtwo and Ridley are both in. They just aren't revealed yet.

We're running out of time for more trailers. I'm so nervous...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Honestly, I don't see K. Rool getting in. I think Dixie is in instead, if there is more DK representation.

Don't be. I seriously think K. Rool would be a better representation though cause Dixie stands a high chance of simply being a modified Diddy clone. Plus we could always have some more heavy weight characters.

I think Isaac is also in but hasn't been announced yet. Best case scenario, Isaac is announced along with a clone or another Golden Sun rep, as well a reveal for Golden Sun 4 (What is Cameot doing next anyway?)!

More likely scenario, only Isaac gets in with 2 stages, one for Wii U and one for 3DS with some of the legendary Golden Sun music!

Don't get nervous! We are here to maintain the positive vibe of this thread which is much better than some tension we had before :)

Yep! We will totally win this game. Everything except the centre will be crossed out as Isaac will be playable! I hope :) I believe!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I completely disagree on Dixie. The only thing going for Dixie is fake leaks and TF, which doesn't appear to be represented in any way. K. Rool wins on all other margins: popularity, teases, importance to the DK franchise, etc. Even though BOTH should be playable.

Don't be. I seriously think K. Rool would be a better representation though cause Dixie stands a high chance of simply being a modified Diddy clone. Plus we could always have some more heavy weight characters.

I think Isaac is also in but hasn't been announced yet. Best case scenario, Isaac is announced along with a clone or another Golden Sun rep, as well a reveal for Golden Sun 4 (What is Cameot doing next anyway?)!

More likely scenario, only Isaac gets in with 2 stages, one for Wii U and one for 3DS with some of the legendary Golden Sun music!

Don't get nervous! We are here to maintain the positive vibe of this thread which is much better than some tension we had before :)

Yep! We will totally win this game. Everything except the centre will be crossed out as Isaac will be playable! I hope :) I believe!
Isaac... just makes TOO much damn sense. The leaks make him look less likely, but the fact is that Isaac makes so much sense I can't stop believing he's in.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
So for the sake of argument, let's just assume that Isaac isn't playable again this time around. Do you plan on maining a different character in his place?

For me, Robin is the closest candidate. He's a magic wielding sword user and shares Isaac's Japanese name. I even bought Fire Emblem Awakening and played through it just so I can feel true to the source character.

Of course, I would love for Isaac to be in as another main for me, but if worse comes to worse... :4robinm:

Am I the only one?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

as i said before, we need more villains. we have enough female fighters atm.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I completely disagree on Dixie. The only thing going for Dixie is fake leaks and TF, which doesn't appear to be represented in any way. K. Rool wins on all other margins: popularity, teases, importance to the DK franchise, etc. Even though BOTH should be playable.
Well, to be fair, I'm an outsider who kind of loathes the DK series (I really, really hate the aesthetic, even if I'm the only one on the planet). So I'm looking at it from a different viewpoint. Dixie is more recognizable to the masses these days. Of course, so was Chrom, so that doesn't say a ton.

Isaac... just makes TOO much damn sense. The leaks make him look less likely, but the fact is that Isaac makes so much sense I can't stop believing he's in.
Isaac does make a huge ton of sense. I hope so badly that he's in. C'mon, Sakurai. Let him be in...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So for the sake of argument, let's just assume that Isaac isn't playable again this time around. Do you plan on maining a different character in his place?

For me, Robin is the closest candidate. He's a magic wielding sword user and shares Isaac's Japanese name. I even bought Fire Emblem Awakening and played through it just so I can feel true to the source character.

Of course, I would love for Isaac to be in as another main for me, but if worse comes to worse... :4robinm:

Am I the only one?
I main characters I like, not necessarily characters I can play as well. If I like a character enough I'll learn how to play as them. That said, sometimes I find a character I play as so well I just have to play as them all the time. I play Sonic and Ike a lot in Brawl because I like them as characters, but I play as Marth because I like his play style.

I want to make Robin one of my mains... but Robin won't replace Isaac. There's no way.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yup! Isaac is just too awesome to not be included. Heck it was a game that challenged other RPGs on the Gameboy Advance. And succeeded in it too with Golden Sun being one of the most critically acclaimed games on the GBA along with one of the best-selling games. And he has such a huge arsenal of moves! Plus he can use all elements with Djinns which add a lot to the gameplay.

I want to make Robin one of my mains... but Robin won't replace Isaac. There's no way.
True that. Although I will use Robin as well, he can never replace Isaac! Isaac's play style is much different plus he is my favourite character from my favourite game. I haven't even played Awakening so no matter how awesome Robin is, my 100% main would be Isaac (when he is super hopefully revealed) while Robin would be a character I would use for fun or as a break. Same with Ike although he is just a pure swordsman.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I admit at this point I'm remaining cautious in regards to Isaac due to the fact that he was a carry over want for me from Brawl and I've kind of already been through this song and dance several years ago. The fact for me is I felt that Isaac was already kind of a long shot in this particular variation but I would definitely be happy to be wrong in that regards.

Admittedly unlike Brawl some of these discussions are difficult to have to a degree because unlike Brawl I've gotten a number of characters I actually wanted to see and unfortunately as some of those fanbases clash it sort of making it a situation where it's liking picking which child I like best. Particularly when my new favorites clash with some of my old favorites.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I admit at this point I'm remaining cautious in regards to Isaac due to the fact that he was a carry over want for me from Brawl and I've kind of already been through this song and dance several years ago. The fact for me is I felt that Isaac was already kind of a long shot in this particular variation but I would definitely be happy to be wrong in that regards.

Admittedly unlike Brawl some of these discussions are difficult to have to a degree because unlike Brawl I've gotten a number of characters I actually wanted to see and unfortunately as some of those fanbases clash it sort of making it a situation where it's liking picking which child I like best. Particularly when my new favorites clash with some of my old favorites.
Well being optimistic is not going to hurt anyone so we are still rooting for our Earth adept. He is not supposed to be a long shot but Nintendo has made him one by excluding him from Brawl and then releasing a sub-par sequel 7 years after 2nd game in the series.

We are not clashing with any other fanbases and are fine with other inclusions. We just think Isaac is a worthy candidate who definitely deserves a spot on the roster due to his moveset variety, and his history on the GBA with Golden Sun often being called as the best GBA game or atleast in the top 3. Plus it is one of the only JRPGs that Nintendo has made. That is why we sometimes mention Shulk and say that if he gets in, Isaac should also get a playable spot!

It happens though that we also have new favourites but this is the ONLY favourite for me :) I hope none of your favourites clashes with Isaac but looking at your signature, one probably doesn't :p

Welcome to the discussion!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Does the 3DS stage selection screen bother anyone else?

There's only room for one more stage and I'm not convinced said stage isn't a Rhythm Heaven one.......

Arteen

Smash Lord
Isaac has nearly everything going for him.
  • Handheld synergy (a new handheld character for the new handheld Smash)
  • Incredible moveset potential
  • He's a SSB "veteran" of sorts (and even had a music track!)
  • His Brawl appearance used one of the most unique aspects of the character and showed that he wouldn't be just another sword-wielder
  • His venus psynergy is unlike anything else in the game (especially with no grass Pokemon)
  • With Mewtwo and Lucas (potentially) out, the roster is also low on psychics
  • He'd easily fit as a fighter (compared to, say, Ridley, who Sakurai previously dismissed, or Villager, who missed Brawl for a similar reason)
  • He's recognizable (thanks to his Brawl appearance)
  • The series has three games over a decade
  • The original games GBA games were critical and commercial successes
  • The series had a recent post-Brawl release
  • The last game ended with a cliffhanger which implies that we haven't seen the last of Golden Sun
  • SSB4 is otherwise lacking in GBA-era characters
  • Isaac would, literally, rock
His latest game was a headliner at two of Nintendo's E3 conferences and Nintendo prioritized Golden Sun as one of the first GBA virtual console games, so clearly someone important at Nintendo thinks Golden Sun matters.

Well, everything going for him except, unfortunately, Sakurai. So I really don't think he has a shot anymore.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Isaac has nearly everything going for him.
  • Handheld synergy (a new handheld character for the new handheld Smash)
  • He's a SSB "veteran" of sorts (and even had a music track!)
  • His Brawl appearance used one of the most unique aspects of the character and showed that he wouldn't be just another sword-wielder
  • His venus psynergy is unlike anything else in the game (especially with no grass Pokemon)
  • With Mewtwo and Lucas (potentially) out, the roster is also low on psychics
  • He'd easily fit as a fighter (compared to, say, Ridley, who Sakurai previously dismissed, or Villager, who missed Brawl for a similar reason)
  • He's recognizable (thanks to his Brawl appearance)
  • The series has three games over a decade
  • The original games GBA games were critical and commercial successes
  • The series had a recent post-Brawl release
  • The last game ended with a cliffhanger which implies that we haven't seen the last of Golden Sun
  • SSB4 is otherwise lacking in GBA-era characters
  • Isaac would, literally, rock
His latest game was a headliner at two of Nintendo's E3 conferences and Nintendo prioritized Golden Sun as one of the first GBA virtual console games, so clearly someone important at Nintendo thinks Golden Sun matters.
Man this part of your post was awesome!

Well, everything going for him except, unfortunately, Sakurai. So I really don't think he has a shot anymore.
Why the hell did you post a downer like that at the end?

Your post was perfect and outlined everything that Isaac has going for him and why it is likely that he will get in and then you contradicted everything you said with one line. I don't think only Sakurai's bias matters. As you said, probably someone important at Nintendo thinks Golden Sun is important and realizes his potential, he should make it in the game!

After all in the end it is Nintendo's game not Sakurai's game! Be positive!

And there is also DLC so now we don't have much stress about him not making it in! Atleast I don't!

Isaac will make it in as a playable character in Smash 4, in my opinion which I have stated multiple times and the awesome part of your post corroborated that!

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Like I said in my first post here, I present to you, my Isaac moveset idea for Smash Bros. 4.

Isaac will be a pretty unique character, like in the Golden Sun, he will fast and his hits will deal good amounts of damage. He will be a medium-heavy character and his jumps are slightly bigger then Link's.
He will feature a mixture of swordplay and psyenergy and he will even feature his main Djinni (Flint) in one of his attacks.

Attacks:
Basic Attack (A): Forward slash.
Basic Combo (A-A-A): Forward slash, connected by a upward smash with a small leap and while in the air, Isaac performs a slightly stronger slash to finish the combo.

Dash Attack: Isaac leaps forward and slashs (like in GS game).

Forward Tilt: Just another sword slash, like Marth's basic attack.
Up Tilt: Isaac surrounds himself with vines about his size, casting Mad Growth.
Down tilt: Isaac performs a quick 180º degree slash from his right side to his left side.

Neutral aerial: Isaac quickly surronds himslef with rocks (this will be like Kirby's or Pikachu's neutral air).
Forward aerial: A heavy forward slash.
Backward aerial: Isaac will turn around to perform a slash like Ike's forward tilt.
Up aerial: Isaac will cast Force upwards. This attack will have high range and moderate knockback power.
Down aerial: Isaac will form spire on the top of his palm and then he will smack the rock downwards. Meteor Smash.

Forward Smash: Isaac will call forth Flint and he will perform a powerful forward smash. After using Flint, the next forward Smash will have Isaac summon Venus. After summoning Venus, there will be a cooldown of 15 seconds and during that time, any forward smash will be weaker and won't use Flint. When Flint is ready to be used again, Isaac will flash.

Up Smash: Isaac surrounds himself with vines 1.5 times his size, casting Wild Growth. This attack has high range, but little knockback power.

Down Smash: Isaac casts Earthquake. This attack consists in Isaac punching the ground, making two pillars of earth erupt around him. This attack will have high knockback power.

Grab: Isaac casts Catch Psyenergy.
Grab attack: Isaac performs a small psyenergy burst, damaging the opponent.
Forward throw: Isaac launchs the enemy and throws a rock at them.
Up throw: Isaac launchs the enemy to the air and casts Force on them.
Down throw: Isaac grabs his opponent with a Psyenergy hand, and then slams then againts the ground.
Backward throw: Isaac uses a psyenergy hand to put the opponent behind him and then he punchs the earth to make a stone pillar hit the opponent.

Special moves:
Neutral Special: Ragnarok - Isaac summons a huge blade to strike his opponent. After hitting the ground, the blade will explode for additional damage.
Side Special: Move - Isaac pushes away opponents, like he did in Brawl, however, the hand will be the same size as Isaac and it will have a much smaller range. This attack won't deal any damage.
Up Special: Retreat - Isaac, teleports himself in the form of colorful bubbles. This attack won't deal any damage.
Down Special: Gaia - Isaac stabs his sword into the ground, making two stones erupt around him.

Final Smash: Odyssey - Isaac will summon a small blade. If it hits, then Isaac will summon another small blade and then he will summon a huge blade, shattering the smaller ones and dealing massive damage to the caught victims. If the first blade doesn't hit anyone, then this move won't be possible to perform.

Hope you guys enjoy my moveset and sorry for any mistake, English isn't my mother tongue .

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Like I said in my first post here, I present to you, my Isaac moveset idea for Smash Bros. 4.

Isaac will be a pretty unique character, like in the Golden Sun, he will fast and his hits will deal good amounts of damage. He will be a medium-heavy character and his jumps are slightly bigger then Link's.
He will feature a mixture of swordplay and psyenergy and he will even feature his main Djinni (Flint) in one of his attacks.

Attacks:
Basic Attack (A): Forward slash.
Basic Combo (A-A-A): Forward slash, connected by a upward smash with a small leap and while in the air, Isaac performs a slightly stronger slash to finish the combo.

Dash Attack: Isaac leaps forward and slashs (like in GS game).

Forward Tilt: Just another sword slash, like Marth's basic attack.
Up Tilt: Isaac surrounds himself with vines about his size, casting Mad Growth.
Down tilt: Isaac performs a quick 180º degree slash from his right side to his left side.

Neutral aerial: Isaac quickly surronds himslef with rocks (this will be like Kirby's or Pikachu's neutral air).
Forward aerial: A heavy forward slash.
Backward aerial: Isaac will turn around to perform a slash like Ike's forward tilt.
Up aerial: Isaac will cast Force upwards. This attack will have high range and moderate knockback power.
Down aerial: Isaac will form spire on the top of his palm and then he will smack the rock downwards. Meteor Smash.

Forward Smash: Isaac will call forth Flint and he will perform a powerful forward smash. After using Flint, the next forward Smash will have Isaac summon Venus. After summoning Venus, there will be a cooldown of 15 seconds and during that time, any forward smash will be weaker and won't use Flint. When Flint is ready to be used again, Isaac will flash.

Up Smash: Isaac surrounds himself with vines 1.5 times his size, casting Wild Growth. This attack has high range, but little knockback power.

Down Smash: Isaac casts Earthquake. This attack consists in Isaac punching the ground, making two pillars of earth erupt around him. This attack will have high knockback power.

Grab: Isaac casts Catch Psyenergy.
Grab attack: Isaac performs a small psyenergy burst, damaging the opponent.
Forward throw: Isaac launchs the enemy and throws a rock at them.
Up throw: Isaac launchs the enemy to the air and casts Force on them.
Down throw: Isaac grabs his opponent with a Psyenergy hand, and then slams then againts the ground.
Backward throw: Isaac uses a psyenergy hand to put the opponent behind him and then he punchs the earth to make a stone pillar hit the opponent.

Special moves:
Neutral Special: Ragnarok - Isaac summons a huge blade to strike his opponent. After hitting the ground, the blade will explode for additional damage.
Side Special: Move - Isaac pushes away opponents, like he did in Brawl, however, the hand will be the same size as Isaac and it will have a much smaller range. This attack won't deal any damage.
Up Special: Retreat - Isaac, teleports himself in the form of colorful bubbles. This attack won't deal any damage.
Down Special: Gaia - Isaac stabs his sword into the ground, making two stones erupt around him.

Final Smash: Odyssey - Isaac will summon a small blade. If it hits, then Isaac will summon another small blade and then he will summon a huge blade, shattering the smaller ones and dealing massive damage to the caught victims. If the first blade doesn't hit anyone, then this move won't be possible to perform.

Hope you guys enjoy my moveset and sorry for any mistake, English isn't my mother tongue .
Cool moveset. I'll ask @ N3ON N3ON to add it.

Hey @ N3ON N3ON , can you add this moveset to the firs tpost?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well being optimistic is not going to hurt anyone so we are still rooting for our Earth adept. He is not supposed to be a long shot but Nintendo has made him one by excluding him from Brawl and then releasing a sub-par sequel 7 years after 2nd game in the series.

We are not clashing with any other fanbases and are fine with other inclusions. We just think Isaac is a worthy candidate who definitely deserves a spot on the roster due to his moveset variety, and his history on the GBA with Golden Sun often being called as the best GBA game or atleast in the top 3. Plus it is one of the only JRPGs that Nintendo has made. That is why we sometimes mention Shulk and say that if he gets in, Isaac should also get a playable spot!

It happens though that we also have new favourites but this is the ONLY favourite for me :) I hope none of your favourites clashes with Isaac but looking at your signature, one probably doesn't :p

Welcome to the discussion!
I have no issue the optimism of others, by all means all the power to you after all I have no more information then anyone else does. The positive and negatives of the discussion are part of what this thread should be for, I feel that should be kept in mind. It was mostly just a personal statement based on my view of the situation and not much else and also the reason why I've mostly stayed out of the discussion this time for the most part when it comes to the character.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
So, there's a direct tomorrow. Lets hope that one of two things happen:

1. Isaac is revealed.
2. The leak is disproven.

Basically, option one is the best option because its both of them!

Out of curiousity, am I the only one who thinks growth would be a decent recovery?At least if you could climb it. If you can't, it would be the worst in the game.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
If you ask me, I think Isaac deserves the Palutena treatment. He just has so much moveset potential! So much...

P.S. Could someone please add me too the support list?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

1. Isaac is revealed.

Out of curiousity, am I the only one who thinks growth would be a decent recovery?At least if you could climb it. If you can't, it would be the worst in the game.
It's Japan-only, from what I can tell. So no character reveal.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I'm excited about the possibility of the Wolf/Impa leak being real. Nothing's set in stone, guys. :)

D

Deleted member

1. Isaac is revealed.

Both'd be nice, but unlikely. The 3DS direct will refer to 3DS games, most of them likely Japan-only. I'd care more right now if Golden Sun 4 was announced.

I do agree with what Arteen said about Isaac's pros, especially since Golden Sun & The Lost Age were early launches in Japan's eShop (although, embarssingly, I didn't know they were called "Ogon no Taiyo"... should've done my homework). But, if Isaac's not part of the final roster, I won't be too upset. I know some of the people who posted lately are wanting to shield us from failure and disappointment, but while skeptism and negativity are part of a healthy thread, you shouldn't put down the optimists, either. That's my take. Besides, I am expecting a handful of Golden Sun trophies this time, so at least I have that. If they make trophies for human Pokemon characters (*cough*Ghetsis*cough*Essentia*cough*Flare Admins*cough*), I'd be cool with that part entirely.

I'll still support Isaac to the end... and beyond, since I still think DLC will happen down the road.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

1. Isaac is revealed.

I personally think Growth would be a good tether move like Link's Hookshot.

Edit: Personally, I think we are getting a character tomorrow.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
If we know anything about Sakurai, it's that one of those things is that he does not like false hype. If that's the case, he would have shown Isaac as an AT by now. Especially since Isaac is one of the top 5 most wanted characters.

I definitely agree that Isaac should get the Palutena treatment. Speaking of her, isn't one of her moves similar to Isaac's "move"?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we know anything about Sakurai, it's that one of those things is that he does not like false hype. If that's the case, he would have shown Isaac as an AT by now. Especially since Isaac is one of the top 5 most wanted characters.

I definitely agree that Isaac should get the Palutena treatment. Speaking of her, isn't one of her moves similar to Isaac's "move"?
The problem with that logic is, he's never teased Isaac in any way, so its not a matter of "false hype." COULD lack of showing Isaac's AT be him hinting at Isaac? Incredibly possible. In theory, I'd say it does hint that he's saving something, but its not necessarily a matter of "false hype."

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
The direct is Japan-only? I don't remember reading that. If so, that is still not really a reason to think we won't get anything Smash-related, especially since the game releases next month.

And it would be awesome to get the Palutena treatment, who it actually doesn't make much sense to have all those customs.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The direct is Japan-only? I don't remember reading that. If so, that is still not really a reason to think we won't get anything Smash-related, especially since the game releases next month.

And it would be awesome to get the Palutena treatment, who it actually doesn't make much sense to have all those customs.
So far it appears to be. Might be good to keep an eye on the Direct in general, though. We COULD get something Golden Sun related, even if its not Smash-related.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

I think we are getting something Smash related, seeing as SSB4 3DS in Japan is barely even two weeks away.

You mean Palutena's custom moves? Those are based on the "Blessing Powers" that she gives Pit in Kid Icarus Uprising.

Top Bottom