• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we do get a trailer tomorrow, my money would be on Shulk. Since Xenoblade was supposed to be a Japan exclusive game. But hopefully Isaac sneaks in with him.

Edit: Now thinking about, it would make since for a Ridley and Isaac trailer since Norfair was the only stage with Golden Sun music.
I'd love Shulk fighting Master Hand, only to end up with it turning out to be Isaac's Move. Actually, though, if we WERE to get a character reveal, I think Isaac would be more likely because he'd be a 100% handheld-exclusive franchise, and its a handheld-exclusive Direct.

Isaac's reveal trailer? I still think introducing him with Move is the best idea. Why? Because that's kinda his iconic... well, move. Also, if it was a newcomer trailer, people wouldn't get extremely confused on what his role is.

I thought it was only not going to be released in NA? The voice actors were all European, at least.
Yeah, Move disguised as Master Hand. :D

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
It was originally only released in Japan, but through the efforts of Project Rainfall, it was released in North America.

Another reason why the reveal ( if any) would be Shulk tomorrow is that he's one of the most wanted in Japan but is pretty much unknown anywhere else. Until Gematsu and the new leak struck of course.
Wait, where does Europe fit into this than?

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I'd love Shulk fighting Master Hand, only to end up with it turning out to be Isaac's Move. Actually, though, if we WERE to get a character reveal, I think Isaac would be more likely because he'd be a 100% handheld-exclusive franchise, and its a handheld-exclusive Direct.

Yeah, Move disguised as Master Hand. :D
You have a really good point. Why would Shulk be revealed in a 3DS only Direct if his game and the sequel are Wii/WiiU only?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Wait, where does Europe fit into this than?
Xenoblade Chronicles was released in EU in August of 2011, it was originally released in English in Europe which is why it has the British accents scattered through the game, unlike Nintendo of America, The European division simply released the game without any real issue behind it. When Nintendo was brought to the game to NA, they released the version of the game they released in Europe probably as a cost saving measure because without action from Project Rainfall it probably wouldn't have happened at all as they were convinced the game would flop. Much of the issue with Xenoblade Chronicles had to do with Nintendo of America's view on the Wii in North American rather then Nintendo as a whole.

Last edited:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Xenoblade Chronicles was released in EU in August of 2011, it was originally released in English in Europe which is why it has the British accents scattered through the game, unlike Nintendo of America, The European division simply released the game without any real issue behind it. When Nintendo was brought to the game to NA, they released the version of the game they released in Europe probably as a cost saving measure because without action from Project Rainfall it probably wouldn't have happened at all as they were convinced the game would flop. Much of the issue with Xenoblade Chronicles had to do with Nintendo of America's view on the Wii in North American rather then Nintendo as a whole.
Ah. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This might be a bit of a random request, but where do you guys keep the little banner icons for Isaac? I didn't see any in the OP.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I completely disagree on Dixie. The only thing going for Dixie is fake leaks and TF, which doesn't appear to be represented in any way. K. Rool wins on all other margins: popularity, teases, importance to the DK franchise, etc. Even though BOTH should be playable.
I know this post was a couple pages back, but Dixie has more going for her than K. Rool does; she was planned to be in Brawl and almost made it in. That alone gives her an edge over most other DK characters.

Anyways, on-topic, I've always wanted and supported Isaac becoming playable in Smash. Sucks that he probably won't be in the base game, but here's hoping he's DLC...!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I know this post was a couple pages back, but Dixie has more going for her than K. Rool does; she was planned to be in Brawl and almost made it in. That alone gives her an edge over most other DK characters.

Anyways, on-topic, I've always wanted and supported Isaac becoming playable in Smash. Sucks that he probably won't be in the base game, but here's hoping he's DLC...!
People are going to bring that up. There's just one problem. We KNOW why Dixie was "cut." She was planned as part of a tag team with Diddy Kong, NOT as her own character.

I still say that if ANY character were to get announced in this Direct, it'd be Isaac, and I doubt we'll get any announcements because its Japan only (currently) and Sakurai has not mentioned the Direct at all. If Sakurai does mention the Direct he'll probably air live a US presentation to go alongside it and announce it in the Pic of the Day, but I kinda doubt that happening.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
People are going to bring that up. There's just one problem. We KNOW why Dixie was "cut." She was planned as part of a tag team with Diddy Kong, NOT as her own character.
Still, doesn't change the fact that she was going to be playable in some fashion, whereas other DK characters haven't gotten more than a trophy/sticker.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

I still say that if ANY character were to get announced in this Direct, it'd be Isaac, and I doubt we'll get any announcements because its Japan only (currently) and Sakurai has not mentioned the Direct at all. If Sakurai does mention the Direct he'll probably air live a US presentation to go alongside it and announce it in the Pic of the Day, but I kinda doubt that happening.
I'd hope for Isaac. I'm also hoping, as much as a long shot as it is, for a hypthetical GS4 announcement tomorrow.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd hope for Isaac. I'm also hoping, as much as a long shot as it is, for a hypthetical GS4 announcement tomorrow.
I'd hope for Isaac, but I don't expect Isaac. I'm not going to watch the Direct, either, because I won't be awake. If I wake up and see this topic either going or going crazy, I'll assume Isaac was announced. (Well, if the topic is going crazy it COULD be that GS4 was announced.)

The best we can hope for is a GS4 announcement, and I'd be shocked if they aren't working on GS4.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Well, we never know if tomorrow's direct will feature any newcomer trailer, however, I'm pretty sure that it will be related to Smash Bros, due to the leak. I hope we get both an Isaac reveal and the announcement of GS4, because Dark Dawn needs a sequel and a GS game on the 3DS would be so sweet, just imagine, the characters, the psyenergy, the maps, the summons, all that in 3D, ut would be awesome. However, Isaac is unlikely to be revealed tomorrow and both Isaac in SSB4 and GS4 would be a long shot, but if that would happen, the hype levels would reach unmeasurable values.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, we never know if tomorrow's direct will feature any newcomer trailer, however, I'm pretty sure that it will be related to Smash Bros, due to the leak. I hope we get both an Isaac reveal and the announcement of GS4, because Dark Dawn needs a sequel and a GS game on the 3DS would be so sweet, just imagine, the characters, the psyenergy, the maps, the summons, all that in 3D, ut would be awesome. However, Isaac is unlikely to be revealed tomorrow and both Isaac in SSB4 and GS4 would be a long shot, but if that would happen, the hype levels would reach unmeasurable values.
Actually, if GS4 is coming, I think now would be the PERFECT time for Isaac to be in Smash Bros. I don't think its a long shot at all. The problem with that theory is, unless Camelot had someone helping them make GS4 already while they were working on other things, GS4 isn't likely to come out until 2016.

EDIT: I missed a "1" there. Whoops. :p

Last edited:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Actually, if GS4 is coming, I think now would be the PERFECT time for Isaac to be in Smash Bros. I don't think its a long shot at all. The problem with that theory is, unless Camelot had someone helping them make GS4 already while they were working on other things, GS4 isn't likely to come out until 2006.
I assume you mean 2016? :p

Anyway, I would honestly wait two years for GS4 if it was good. Do I want to wait? No. Will we all buy the game regardless of when it comes out? Yes.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Great. You just had to get my hopes up didn't you?

This is why they just released Golden Sun on the Virtual Console. Because they're about to announce Golden Sun 4 in the 3DS Direct.

HYPE!
Just a warning, but this is exactly how we were all feeling over in the Takamaru thread when they announced his game was coming to the US for the first time at San Diego Comic Con. It was Nintendo's big announcement, even. Aaand then he was revealed as an assist trophy the very next day. So yeah. Sorry, not trying to rain on everybody's parade, I'm just saying, some of us been burned by this exact situation once already, so I would recommend not reading into the Virtual Console release too heavily XD

Now a tease for GS4 would be a whole 'nother story. That would be some serious hype, although it may be too late in coming to influence anything here.

I don't really see anything significant coming out of this direct unless it's shown universally, though. I doubt they'd reveal a character in a Japan-only direct and leave everybody else confused as to why this new character suddenly popped up. But, hey, who knows? They are going to have to drop another reveal sometime soon, anyways.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I assume you mean 2016? :p

Anyway, I would honestly wait two years for GS4 if it was good. Do I want to wait? No. Will we all buy the game regardless of when it comes out? Yes.
You replied as I made my edit after noticed I missed the 1. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Adult Isaac had better be an alt. There will be riots if there isn't. (Okay, maybe not riots, but still.)
I don't see how Adult Isaac can be a FULL on alt. They'd have to make Smash Isaac taller for that to be the case. If Smash Isaac appears to be taller than in the original Golden Sun, Adult Isaac (with the beard and coat) could definitely be an alt, they'd just have to change a couple of things. Short Isaac with a beard would just plain look weird, though.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I don't see how Adult Isaac can be a FULL on alt. They'd have to make Smash Isaac taller for that to be the case. If Smash Isaac appears to be taller than in the original Golden Sun, Adult Isaac (with the beard and coat) could definitely be an alt, they'd just have to change a couple of things. Short Isaac with a beard would just plain look weird, though.
Chibi Dark Dawn Isaac! (Sorry. My friend forced me to stream a bunch of anime the past couple days.)
That news would give me the will to actually get more money to buy the game. Which will happen anyway, but will happen much sooner.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Who knows if in a couple hours, we won't go to the Smashbros oficial site and then, all of a sudden, there it is, the Challenger Approaching bar and we see blond hair and blue eyes. Barely believing, we scroll down the page and then, there he is, the newcomer bar for Isaac.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
7 AM EST, 4 AM PST. I definitely will not be awake for it at 6 AM CST.
Eugh, it'll be 7AM for me...too early.
I got up early for the last direct and I ended up being a little bit disappointed. :T
Not going to get up early again, especially if it's a Japan-only Direct. I doubt anything of serious "Oh my goodness" importance is going to happen if it's not a worldwide Direct.

Unless GS4 happens. I would freak out.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Unless GS4 happens. I would freak out.
Yeah, same here. If there's a Golden Sun 4 announced, I would be freaking out so much. My neighbors would be wondering what that infernal "Squuuuueeeeeeeee" noise going on for an hour straight was.

I'm not a morning person, and I wouldn't care. I just wonder how long we'll have to wait for translation.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Yeah, same here. If there's a Golden Sun 4 announced, I would be freaking out so much. My neighbors would be wondering what that infernal "Squuuuueeeeeeeee" noise going on for an hour straight was.

I'm not a morning person, and I wouldn't care. I just wonder how long we'll have to wait for translation.
The basics? Three minutes. The actual details? An hour or two.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
So what would you prefer be announced: Isaac being playable in ssb4 or a teaser trailer for gs4?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So what would you prefer be announced: Isaac being playable in ssb4 or a teaser trailer for gs4?
Isaac in SSB4, because GS4 would be a long way off and a teaser isn't all that great. Isaac being playable in Smash is the more pressing concern at this point.

Top Bottom