• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Um? I really think this is the wrong way to interpret leakers and encourage and guide Isaac supporters, don't you think?
Being a detractor of Isaac does not help in the slightest and concerning that those who believe in the "leak" have been saying that Isaac won't get in, then the action of Isaac's supporters are reasonable.

Plus those who believe in this "leak" mainly just want to tell Isaac supporters "I told you so.".

In response to bold: Encourage? Guide? If anything, those who believe in the "leak" just are being negative about Isaac's chances. This is nothing about "encouraging" or "guiding", that is just trying to cover the negativity in sheep's clothing.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I think the leak is real, however, just because it doesn't show us Isaac, it doesn't mean Isaac won't be playable. Personally, I believe his chances are still good and I'm going to root for him 'till he gets confirmed. Also, I don't mind Matthew getting instead of Isaac, they are pretty much the same, but my favoritism and most wanted newcomer will always be Isaac.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
:facepalm: First off, why is that the best facepalm smilie?

Second, I was not implying that they were actually idiots. Can you guys take a joke?

Third, I am not trying to guide or encourage everyone. I'm just trying to be optimistic. Is that a crime?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Third, I am not trying to guide or encourage everyone. I'm just trying to be optimistic. Is that a crime?
BluePikmin11 should have never made that assumption. Mainly, it was an attack used to get you to withdraw your point on the matter.

Detractors will only see optimism as negativity or hostility.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have a pretty hard time on how to say it, I just feel like you guys are raising your optimism for Isaac too high to the point where you expect him to be playable in the game, even as it gets closer to the 3DS release date. I'm just going to stop rambling about though, I'm only ruining the way you guys are looking at me as a whole now.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Believe, I've been in Golden Butterfly land during the Brawl days. Not gonna make that same mistake again. The difference is, at this point in time, we don't know the full roster yet! Isaac still has the same chance as any other that hasn't been deconfirmed yet. I don't see you going to the Bandana Dee or K. Rool threads and writing the same stuff there.
Then learn to read because I've been telling the delusional Bandana Dee supporters that their stupid character has no chance for years.

Only reason I'm posting here is because I'm trying to get you guys to be realistic and not get let down as fellow Isaac supporters. It's not that I'm being negative, i'm being realistic.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I have a pretty hard time on how to say it, I just feel like you guys are raising your optimism for Isaac too high to the point where you expect him to be playable in the game, even as it gets closer to the 3DS release date. I'm just going to stop rambling about though, I'm only ruining the way you guys are looking at me as a whole now.
And I believe you are attempting to get Isaac supporters worried. You may think our "optimism is too high", but it is just right.

Then learn to read because I've been telling the delusional Bandana Dee supporters that their stupid character has no chance for years.

Only reason I'm posting here is because I'm trying to get you guys to be realistic and not get let down as fellow Isaac supporters. It's not that I'm being negative, i'm being realistic.
You are being negative. You are trying to force us to agree with your point of view; otherwise, you would have stopped trying to enforce your belief that Isaac is not playable from the first time you brought it up.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
No need to attack other people for their choice of character, even on your own character thread. Not cool.

And while I agree that it may be best to err on the side of caution, try not to word it in such an inflammatory way, it could be seen as flamebaiting.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Right, and you were never overly optimistic for characters with chances even weaker than Isaac's. :rolleyes:

If hope is to be held out anywhere for Isaac, this seems like the right place to do it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What exactly is the point of you saying this? We don't know whether or not Isaac is playable, and we don't really have a reason to believe he is absolutely out of the question, so why not let people interpret his chances as they will? Isaac is a viable character choice with a fair chance of being playable; there's no need to tell his supporters that they're being too "optimistic."

By the way, you said something very similar to us Robin supporters a while back.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Regardless the game is gonna be great IMO. I highly doubt Isaac will be playable now, but who knows? Maybe DLC will head our way :)

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Um? I really think this is the wrong way to interpret leakers and encourage and guide Isaac supporters, don't you think?
No, not really.

Even if they're legitimate, the entire business of leaks is to destroy the hype train and spoil everything for us weeks earlier than it otherwise would have been. To have the final run to the game's release be a downhill disappointment as we just see official confirmation of things we already know.

It's bad enough we're going to know everything with the Japanese release. They want to spoil it all weeks earlier than that. How else to describe them but as people out to spoil everyone's fun?

What exactly is the point of you saying this? We don't know whether or not Isaac is playable, and we don't really have a reason to believe he is absolutely out of the question, so why not let people interpret his chances as they will? Isaac is a viable character choice with a fair chance of being playable; there's no need to tell his supporters that they're being too "optimistic."

By the way, you said something very similar to us Robin supporters a while back.
It's not as though that same thing wasn't said multiple times in the Prince Sablé thread, to be fair.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It's not as though that same thing wasn't said multiple times in the Prince Sablé thread, to be fair.
It is best not to continue that trend even if it happens to the Thread of a character you are supporting; otherwise, it is nothing more than petty revenge that contributes nothing.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

You're right on the first part, I'm going to stop then and just let people be. :(

And that was mostly because Chrom was pretty much part of a leak that had a good amount of legitimacy until Robin's reveal, Isaac wasn't part of a leak that had very legitimate info, it's not pretty similar to what I said back then.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

He did? Now that makes me even more optimistic for Isaac's inclusion :p

Isaac (Robin) and Robin (Reflet) both belong in Smash so I am still looking forward to Isaac. As @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman said, according to me, if Isaac was an AT, he would have been one of the 1st ones to be shown as one since he was the Strongest AT in Brawl! Isaac was more popular than Shulk, more influential and older than Shulk, thus I still believe in Isaac's inclusion as well. Or he might be saved for DLC which could also be fine as long as he makes his way in the game. Since the Mario Kart 8 DLC announcement, it is easier to hope that Smash 4 will also have character + stage DLC.

This is the Isaac thread, obviously we are going to optimistic about his inclusion and hope for the best. It would be nice if you people didn't come barging in the thread with intentions to sullen the mood!

I still think Isaac's chances are strong, even after the leak killed a lot of the hype. Since he will be one of the most different characters with a large moveset and will represent the best game on the GBA!

Isaac for Smash 4! Sakurai give us a playable Isaac reveal already so then we can truly become super positive for the game :)

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
You know, I'm starting to think that Isaac will be added as DLC rather than on disc. Why? well, we haven't seen his assist trophy yet, and he's one of the most commonly requested characters. Let's look at the some other unannounced unlockable ATs:
Gray fox: Most likely cut.
Shadow: Confirmed!
Barbara: Trophy spotted by the leak.
What are we left with? Three unrepresented series that could easily have (and deserve) playable characters. I predict that his AT will get cut, and then we will see him announced as DLC a couple of months after the wii u release.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You know, I'm starting to think that Isaac will be added as DLC rather than on disc. Why? well, we haven't seen his assist trophy yet, and he's one of the most commonly requested characters. Let's look at the some other unannounced unlockable ATs:
Gray fox: Most likely cut.
Shadow: Confirmed!
Barbara: Trophy spotted by the leak.
What are we left with? Three unrepresented series that could easily have (and deserve) playable characters. I predict that his AT will get cut, and then we will see him announced as DLC a couple of months after the wii u release.
The main argument against this: The trophies that haven't been shown were hidden unlockables in Brawl.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
He did? Now that makes me even more optimistic for Isaac's inclusion :p

Isaac (Robin) and Robin (Reflet) both belong in Smash so I am still looking forward to Isaac. As @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman said, according to me, if Isaac was an AT, he would have been one of the 1st ones to be shown as one since he was the Strongest AT in Brawl! Isaac was more popular than Shulk, more influential and older than Shulk, thus I still believe in Isaac's inclusion as well. Or he might be saved for DLC which could also be fine as long as he makes his way in the game. Since the Mario Kart 8 DLC announcement, it is easier to hope that Smash 4 will also have character + stage DLC.

This is the Isaac thread, obviously we are going to optimistic about his inclusion and hope for the best. It would be nice if you people didn't come barging in the thread with intentions to sullen the mood!

I still think Isaac's chances are strong, even after the leak killed a lot of the hype. Since he will be one of the most different characters with a large moveset and will represent the best game on the GBA!

Isaac for Smash 4! Sakurai give us a playable Isaac reveal already so then we can truly become super positive for the game :)
Isaac has always been considered highly questionable due to Golden Sun being irrelevant, everyone for this game jumped on the bandwagon of Shulk... even though Golden Sun never became irrelevant and has three games to its name, one even coming out between Brawl and this game. The only reason Isaac was never considered "likely" by most is that Dark Dawn wasn't as good as the first two games and didn't sell the best.

The main argument against this: The trophies that haven't been shown were hidden unlockables in Brawl.
The main argument against this: we have no idea at all if unlockable AT's are even a thing this time. We haven't even gotten all of the starting AT's, let alone the unlockable ones. In theory, if all the remaining returning AT's were staying as AT's, they'd have just been shown off right away, but Sakurai didn't do that. He showed a bunch of returning AT's (including highly popular requests like Waluigi), but ignores one of the most popularly requested promotions?

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
There are quite a few starter ATs that have not been shown yet as well. Such as:
-Excitebike
-Helirin
-Jill
-Kat ana
-Resetti

Also, the three unlockables still unrevealed all share something in common: they are unlocked through the number of brawls played. The other three not obtained in this fashion I described earlier.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd say unlockable ATs seem pretty likely this time again considering even Pokeball Pokemon appear to be unlockable if the latest pic is anything to go by.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Isaac has always been considered highly questionable due to Golden Sun being irrelevant, everyone for this game jumped on the bandwagon of Shulk... even though Golden Sun never became irrelevant and has three games to its name, one even coming out between Brawl and this game. The only reason Isaac was never considered "likely" by most is that Dark Dawn wasn't as good as the first two games and didn't sell the best.

The main argument against this: we have no idea at all if unlockable AT's are even a thing this time. We haven't even gotten all of the starting AT's, let alone the unlockable ones. In theory, if all the remaining returning AT's were staying as AT's, they'd have just been shown off right away, but Sakurai didn't do that. He showed a bunch of returning AT's (including highly popular requests like Waluigi), but ignores one of the most popularly requested promotions?
I agree with you 100%! Isaac's popularity as well as demand for inclusion was eclipsing Shulk's for quite a long time! On many threads throughout the Internet as well, there were some threads with Isaac or Shulk for Smash and Isaac usually won out not by a very large margin but a notable one nonetheless. After the Gematsu leak with Shulk in it, his popularity skyrocketed whereas people starting thinking that Golden Sun is irrelevant and won't be included and jumped on the Shulk bandwagon. Golden Sun has 3 games and the first 2 were really influential during the GBA era. Dark Dawn, in my opinion, doesn't matter. The character's popularity is still there and his potential moveset is still there. Plus his amazing history remains the same.

I agree about Assist Trophy inclusion as well. Many of the demanded characters like Waluigi, Skull Kid and Ghirahim have been deconfirmed by revealing them as ATs. The trophy that was upgraded has also been shown i.e. Little Mac. Seeing how Isaac is one of the MOST demanded characters usually 4th or 5th, and his AT was the strongest in Brawl, the silence does seem suspicious. I think it increases the chances for Isaac's inclusion a lot more.

As I said, GS:TBS and TLA have both come out on Wii U VC in Japan, so Nintendo still remembers Golden Sun and I can see Isaac's appearance in Smash 4 to be atleast a tribute to that!

Here's to for our favourite Venus adept in Sm4sh!

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai give us a playable Isaac reveal already so then we can truly become super positive for the game :)
Man, my hype for the game is kinda dead these days, if Isaac were to be playable I'd freak out and have the hypest weeks of my life. Only imagining it makes me wanna spend my bucks instantly.

And if he's not, something appealing to me would do the job.

To keep the trophy count, let's list Brawl's trophies not announced/revealed yet.
-Excitebikes.
-Herlin.
-Infantry & Tanks.
-Jeff.
-Jill.
-Kat & Ana.
-Mr Resetti.
-Ray MK III.

I discounted Gray Fox since he's not returning without Snake so we're not expecting him back for now. And, of course, Isaac.
I think it's safe to assume none of them is nearly as requested as Isaac (besides from Ray and he's not even close).
Sakurai has revealed 15 returning AT, the more he does, the more chances Isaac has to be playable.

If we ever reach a state where every Brawl AT is on Smash4 and there's still no word on Isaac, it's either the biggest trolling in history, or Jackpot.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Out of the remaining AT's, the only one other than Isaac that has an even remote shot at being playable is Ray, and the fact that the Custom Robo series never hit it off seriously hurts that all-together. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn didn't sell the best, but the first two Golden Sun games sold extremely well and were very popular. Frankly, I always thought Isaac was the second mostlikely AT to be promoted to playable. Little Mac was the obvious first.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Man, my hype for the game is kinda dead these days, if Isaac were to be playable I'd freak out and have the hypest weeks of my life. Only imagining it makes me wanna spend my bucks instantly.

And if he's not, something appealing to me would do the job.

To keep the trophy count, let's list Brawl's trophies not announced/revealed yet.
-Excitebikes.
-Herlin.
-Infantry & Tanks.
-Jeff.
-Jill.
-Kat & Ana.
-Mr Resetti.
-Ray MK III.

I discounted Gray Fox since he's not returning without Snake so we're not expecting him back for now. And, of course, Isaac.
I think it's safe to assume none of them is nearly as requested as Isaac (besides from Ray and he's not even close).
Sakurai has revealed 15 returning AT, the more he does, the more chances Isaac has to be playable.

If we ever reach a state where every Brawl AT is on Smash4 and there's still no word on Isaac, it's either the biggest trolling in history, or Jackpot.
Yup! Isaac is THE most demanded assist trophy character since Little Mac has already been upgraded. Plus many other demanded ATs have been deconfirmed so Isaac according to me has a fairly good chance!

Sakurai is a troll so I wouldn't put things behind him such as revealing every AT except Isaac, then revealing our adept as playable. A troll through and through!

Hey troll, reveal playable Isaac please :p!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just don't get your hopes up to the point where you think without a shadow of a doubt he's in, but there's no reason to give up on Isaac, either. There's still plenty of things going for him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If people should have learned anything by now, it's don't get your hopes up to the point where you think the inclusion is guaranteed beyond a shadow of a doubt with any potential newcomer, and a number of the veterans too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If people should have learned anything by now, it's don't get your hopes up to the point where you think the inclusion is guaranteed beyond a shadow of a doubt with any potential newcomer, and a number of the veterans too.
Pretty much this. Even if circumstances favor a character it doesn't mean anything.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
You know, I love Xenoblade. I actually went and bought my own copy last week so I could play it again. However, it's probably not going to stay relevant. It wasn't even as popular as Golden Sun was. Actually, even after the hype Gematsu brought, it's still not as popular as it was when it first came out. I honestly think people overestimate both of their popularity es.
Honestly, the only characters you can always expect to see are iconic characters like Link and Mario. Everyone else could be cut at any point. Is it likely they'll be cut? No. Is the possibility there? Yes.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I just (of course it sucks since I made it with mspaint in like 5 minutes, but whatever) made a bingo-ey chart with the remaining Brawl trophies.
The rules of the game are simple: each time a Brawl trophy gets revealed to be returning for smash4, you draw a cross on its slot.
If every slot except the central one gets crossed, you win.
In fact, as long as the central spot doesn't get crossed, you win as well.

Can we win? :p

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I just (of course it sucks since I made it with mspaint in like 5 minutes, but whatever) made a bingo-ey chart with the remaining Brawl trophies.
The rules of the game are simple: each time a Brawl trophy gets revealed to be returning for smash4, you draw a cross on its slot.

Where's Grey Fox?

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I discounted him since he's probably not coming back without Snake and he's not been announced as a returning veteran yet, but I can make the "Brawl Bingo Game: Grey Fox edition" in which he's... somewhere altering the perfect 3x3 roster.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You know, I love Xenoblade. I actually went and bought my own copy last week so I could play it again. However, it's probably not going to stay relevant. It wasn't even as popular as Golden Sun was. Actually, even after the hype Gematsu brought, it's still not as popular as it was when it first came out. I honestly think people overestimate both of their popularity es.

Honestly, the only characters you can always expect to see are iconic characters like Link and Mario. Everyone else could be cut at any point. Is it likely they'll be cut? No. Is the possibility there? Yes.
The point is that Golden Sun as a whole is more popular than Xenoblade. If Xenoblade can get a rep in, so can Golden Sun.

Where's Grey Fox?
Snake is basically already dead, so Gray Fox wasn't even added, obviously.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Wow. All three of us on that didn't ask the question posted at the same time. For once, I posted the explanation first!

Anyway, how about we change it to "you win as long as the center doesn't get covered". :p

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Isn't assuming that Snake is cut just as wrong as others assuming that Isaac doesn't make it in?

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Isn't assuming that Snake is cut just as wrong as others assuming that Isaac doesn't make it in?
I see it more as Snake doesn't have much of a history with Nintendo and the fact we probably would've seen him by now. He could still be in though. I'm not denying that fact.

And yes, the same could be said for most people right now. I'm more focused on the first point I said.

Last edited:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Wow. All three of us on that didn't ask the question posted at the same time. For once, I posted the explanation first!

Anyway, how about we change it to "you win as long as the center doesn't get covered". :p
Curses! I was too late! :sadeyes:
That's the whole point basically, but the narrative (and the reflexion of actual improvisation) are part of the comical relief of the post :laugh:

I think since "As long as Isaac doesn't get deconfirmed, we will support it", then "As long as Snake doesn't get confirmed, we will not expect his trophy back".

You could look at it either way, but it was obviously not meant to go against Snake in any case, as you can see he was my main in Brawl and the point of the post was to joke around basically.

EDIT: Damn you @ Aureola Aureola , I'm late again! :demon:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Barbara should probably be there too considering we don't know her AT status.

The point is that Golden Sun as a whole is more popular than Xenoblade. If Xenoblade can get a rep in, so can Golden Sun.
If only Sakurai wasn't skewing things so drastically to the recent...

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Curses! I was too late! :sadeyes:
That's the whole point basically, but the narrative (and the reflexion of actual improvisation) are part of the comical relief of the post :laugh:

I think since "As long as Isaac doesn't get deconfirmed, we will support it", then "As long as Snake doesn't get confirmed, we will not expect his trophy back".

You could look at it either way, but it was obviously not meant to go against Snake in any case, as you can see he was my main in Brawl and the point of the post was to joke around basically.

EDIT: Damn you @ Aureola Aureola , I'm late again! :demon:
I'm really enjoying the fact I'm posting first all the time. I'm usually the one to get :4greninja:'d.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Well, I still have to make it so Isaac remains in the center, so... Voilà! My new invention!

This is just too perfect :sadeyes:

I'm really enjoying the fact I'm posting first all the time. I'm usually the one to get :4greninja:'d.
Such unfairness! I'm playing with a disadvantage!
I guess I'll have to improve my speed thinking in english. All this chatting sure is helpful, that I can tell :seuss:

Top Bottom