• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So today Earthbound celebrates its 20th anniversary. People most likely believe that today or a few days from now at PAX, Nintendo will reveal Ness/Lucas or both.

Do you think Isaac will be revealed along with him or he is going to be saved for some other newcomer trailer? I would personally love it as it would be the psychics together! Plus Isaac would get some exposure as it is unlikely that Nintendo will make a solo trailer for him, unless we are getting more characters :) Like Jenna or Felix!

Obviously I would prefer the latter with Golden Sun having its own legendary reveal with its own music, Isaac battling some foe, being introduced to Smash and then he tags up with another character from Golden Sun!
I honestly think it would be a very smart idea. Maybe it could be a rematch between Ness/Lucas vs Wario, like in the SSE. But this time, (if Lucas is cut) Ness is about to lose against Wario and then is saved by none other than Isaac. You know. Throwing ideas there.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Have there been any new developments? Or have we just collectively chosen to ignore the rumors and be positive? :p

Either way, I like it.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Have there been any new developments? Or have we just collectively chosen to ignore the rumors and be positive? :p

Either way, I like it.
I would prefer to say that we have all collectively decided to be smart and positive :p

iam8bit

Smash Ace
It also seems like opinion is shifting from "the remaining newcomers are confirmed" to "actually, nobody knows for certain" in regards to the leak, so there's that.

A light shimmer of hope for our Isaac. Embarrass

Sadly, I haven't been able to play my downloaded Golden Sun, but at least I gave the game a GLOWING review on the post-play survey on Club Nintendo. It's not like I haven't played it before. :awesome:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It also seems like opinion is shifting from "the remaining newcomers are confirmed" to "actually, nobody knows for certain" in regards to the leak, so there's that.

A light shimmer of hope for our Isaac. Embarrass

Sadly, I haven't been able to play my downloaded Golden Sun, but at least I gave the game a GLOWING review on the post-play survey on Club Nintendo. It's not like I haven't played it before. :awesome:
Yea when I got Dark Dawn, I wrote a review asking for Isaac in Smash as well as a Golden Sun with Isaac in the lead. And I asked for a new game! Plus I gave it a good rating! Those reviews must do something if everybody writes good right?

Plus it's good that the initial panic of the leak has simmered down quite a bit. Still a massive chance for Isaac :) Right you are!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Yea when I got Dark Dawn, I wrote a review asking for Isaac in Smash as well as a Golden Sun with Isaac in the lead. And I asked for a new game! Plus I gave it a good rating! Those reviews must do something if everybody writes good right?

Plus it's good that the initial panic of the leak has simmered down quite a bit. Still a massive chance for Isaac :) Right you are!
And don't forget, the leaker did not unlock all characters (or had a build that didn't have all of them) so any newcomer left could be anyone at this point. The support for Isaac still keeps going strong. Personally, I'm glad to know about the clone characters now than later because if they weren't shown and were the only ones left to be revealed, I would have led myself to disappointment. But hey, that's just me. :p

I remember hearing if all of us old and new fans asked, we would get GS4. http://www.goldensunrealm.com/
Haven't been to that site in years. It was a great one for anything GoldenSun back in the day. :)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
And don't forget, the leaker did not unlock all characters (or had a build that didn't have all of them) so any newcomer left could be anyone at this point. The support for Isaac still keeps going strong. Personally, I'm glad to know about the clone characters now than later because if they weren't shown and were the only ones left to be revealed, I would have led myself to disappointment. But hey, that's just me. :p

I remember hearing if all of us old and new fans asked, we would get GS4. http://www.goldensunrealm.com/
Haven't been to that site in years. It was a great one for anything GoldenSun back in the day. :)
Hey it still is. We are still playing Golden Sun aren't we?

There was a petition for GS4 created by fans but it was unable to pick up steam.

Plus Isaac was mentioned in some not so absurd sounding leaks, so I still think he is in the game! Yea if the clone characters were only characters left to be revealed, it would have been a sad day for Smash 4.

But it is not! Cause Isaac is going to be revealed plus other wanted newcomers :p

Keeping the spirit alive :)

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice

There was a petition for GS4 created by fans but it was unable to pick up steam.

Plus Isaac was mentioned in some not so absurd sounding leaks, so I still think he is in the game! Yea if the clone characters were only characters left to be revealed, it would have been a sad day for Smash 4.

But it is not! Cause Isaac is going to be revealed plus other wanted newcomers :p

I like your way of thinking. For me it's either positive thinking or going insane, and at least I'm already kinda nuts for still be supporting Isaac for the 47th time after all we've been through, so... Let's keep our hopes up! :D

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

And it should be kept alive. Even though we found out about several other characters, that just only brings down to who is left to be added in and here is hoping that Isaac is in.

As I was driving home yesterday, I had a weird feeling that Matthew could in fact be playable and honestly, I wouldn't be bothered by it one bit. I would be really happy because not only will we have a GS rep., it still shows that Nintendo cares for the series and may well be thinking of getting GS4 out there someday. Plus, I know we would definitely get an Isaac alt costume for him, in which of course, a lot of us Isaac supporters would use in a heartbeat. Haha!

Be prepared for anything. We still have 2 weeks till release in Japan. Isaac stays strong in my book.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I like your way of thinking. For me it's either positive thinking or going insane, and at least I'm already kinda nuts for still be supporting Isaac for the 47th time after all we've been through, so... Let's keep our hopes up! :D
I disagree that you are going nuts for still supporting Isaac. The only thing to look for is an official word from Sakurai.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I disagree that you are going nuts for still supporting Isaac. The only thing to look for is an official word from Sakurai.
I meant it as an "I've been disappointed so many times yet I still don't care because I want the character", not as if supporting the character itself was bad :p

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
And it should be kept alive. Even though we found out about several other characters, that just only brings down to who is left to be added in and here is hoping that Isaac is in.

As I was driving home yesterday, I had a weird feeling that Matthew could in fact be playable and honestly, I wouldn't be bothered by it one bit. I would be really happy because not only will we have a GS rep., it still shows that Nintendo cares for the series and may well be thinking of getting GS4 out there someday. Plus, I know we would definitely get an Isaac alt costume for him, in which of course, a lot of us Isaac supporters would use in a heartbeat. Haha!

Be prepared for anything. We still have 2 weeks till release in Japan. Isaac stays strong in my book.
If Matthew is playable, I can without a doubt say Isaac will as well. Who knows, Isaac the original character and Matthew the clone. That would be the only clone I wouldn't mind much :laugh: Plus Matthew is an actual clone through and through.

Well we are not going absolutely insane but still supporting him. Keeping the spirit alive since hope never dies :) And Sakurai is going to give a positive word regarding Isaac's playable character inclusion in a few weeks/days time. You heard it here first folks! :p

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I meant it as an "I've been disappointed so many times yet I still don't care because I want the character", not as if supporting the character itself was bad :p
That is good to hear. I figured you were making that distinction when you said that earlier, but I felt like reiterating that no one is crazy for still supporting Isaac.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, there's no way to blame you, crazier are the ones who don't like the game and Isaac!

(Not really because of everybody having their own tastes and opinions, but I think you guys get my point)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The funny thing is that, without the leaks I personally think things look excellent for Isaac (and K. Rool). We know there are more characters, and all the "leaks" talking about specific characters being the remaining ones are basically debunked, no one knows who the remaining characters are. Out of all the characters said to be cut, the one character who could logically still be in the game is Wolf, mainly because of the fact that he's the only one who wasn't a starting character in past games and isn't third party.

So, yeah, I'm still optimistic for Isaac. I lost all hope for Lip at this point, but Isaac and K. Rool I'm still optimistic for.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The funny thing is that, without the leaks I personally think things look excellent for Isaac (and K. Rool). We know there are more characters, and all the "leaks" talking about specific characters being the remaining ones are basically debunked, no one knows who the remaining characters are. Out of all the characters said to be cut, the one character who could logically still be in the game is Wolf, mainly because of the fact that he's the only one who wasn't a starting character in past games and isn't third party.

So, yeah, I'm still optimistic for Isaac. I lost all hope for Lip at this point, but Isaac and K. Rool I'm still optimistic for.
Exactly! The no news is good news because he is most likely a grand reveal. The leaks are the ones spoiling the fun. Same with K. Rool.

When Golden Sun - DD was announced, the original games were referred to as legendary by Nintendo as well! And now they are one of the first games on the eShop. Nintendo I guess has recognized Golden Sun's value and Isaac is playable. Plus since Sakurai has referred to Little Mac as an upgraded trophy and to other characters that were "sadly" not upgraded, I see Isaac making a grand entry as the 2nd upgrade!

Staying optimistic is the best way ahead. Thanks for keeping your enthusiasm up!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

If I was Sakurai, besides Isaac, I would want to put all these characters in: K. Rool, Krystal, Ridley, etc. They just would make sense to be in the roster, even though I don't support them, they would fit in really well (inb4 Ridley can't fit in because he's too big. lol).

Am I the only one who feels like the whole roster would feel complete if Isaac is in? (Besides the obvious that he should be in there because we want him in there)

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about which characters should appear in the roster.
What I DON'T think should happen, is characters who are potentially good to be playable get stuck at being simple AT or not even appearing at all.
AT characters should be the ones that will never be playable because they directly wouldn't make any sense, like Nintendog, PONG, or Mr. Resetti, for example.

But for characters like Lyn, Ghirahim, Waluigi, Takamaru, Isaac... etc, who could be awesome, to be kept like that... it should be a crime. I'd rather not get them as AT at all if they are not in the game, I feel that the saltiness is real when they're shown BUT not playable.

I think every smash roster has been missing a certain "essentiality" though, and Sakurai keeps ignoring it over and over and it's starting to get annoying at the 4th installment of the franchise.

That's just my opinion anyways.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If I was Sakurai, besides Isaac, I would want to put all these characters in: K. Rool, Krystal, Ridley, etc. They just would make sense to be in the roster, even though I don't support them, they would fit in really well (inb4 Ridley can't fit in because he's too big. lol).

Am I the only one who feels like the whole roster would feel complete if Isaac is in? (Besides the obvious that he should be in there because we want him in there)
Nope you are not the only one. I have been thinking from the start that as long as the roster has Isaac it will be complete. Now that I look at how the roster has developed, the addition of a single legendary Venus adept can make it feel complete. Almost every other franchise has been represented, Golden Sun is left. The game should represent every legendary or awesome franchise Nintendo has ever had, preferably with multiple characters, but the iconic one of each should be represented.

Plus Isaac will bring to the table a gameplay and moveset which NO other character has. Obviously this is beyond the point that I am EXTREMELY biased towards him :p

I would still like the other characters though, but Isaac first! I agree with @ BSTCloud BSTCloud . Sakurai has been ignoring absolutely essential or need to be represented characters for so long! Isaac was excluded out of Brawl and the first character that we got was Villager! Not against him but there are other characters which could have been prioritised before him. What I don't want is more clones or more characters from Mario! I want characters from more franchises! Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Muramasa Castle, etc. need to be represented as well!

Takamaru and Lyn would have been fine additions indeed. But Isaac can fill in for them! Especially since he can also be a samurai :)

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Everyone in this thread who is reasoning out that Isaac still has a chance is basically in denial. He was my most supported character for Smash 4 but I've been through this before in the Brawl days. Back when people were upset with that roster and thinking "Those must only be the characters you get through SSE! There have to be more"

This is going to be the same type of deal and its better to not get your hopes up because Isaac's chances are looking extremely bleak now.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Everyone in this thread who is reasoning out that Isaac still has a chance is basically in denial. He was my most supported character for Smash 4 but I've been through this before in the Brawl days. Back when people were upset with that roster and thinking "Those must only be the characters you get through SSE! There have to be more"

This is going to be the same type of deal and its better to not get your hopes up because Isaac's chances are looking extremely bleak now.
Nah man he has a helluva chance :p

We are getting our hopes up till we unlock every single character to discover playable Isaac on Smash 4 Wii U or till Sakurai announces Isaac as playable. This time things will be different. The roster is much bigger than before AND some of the inclusions are there based on fan demand. Plus Little Mac can be a predecessor type, an example of an upgradeable trophy with Isaac being the 2nd :)

No need to bring bad mood in here! Join the party!

And be positive!

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Nah man he has a helluva chance :p

We are getting our hopes up till we unlock every single character to discover playable Isaac on Smash 4 Wii U or till Sakurai announces Isaac as playable. This time things will be different. The roster is much bigger than before AND some of the inclusions are there based on fan demand. Plus Little Mac can be a predecessor type, an example of an upgradeable trophy with Isaac being the 2nd :)

No need to bring bad mood in here! Join the party!

And be positive!
You aren't actually reading anything I say so there's no point to even argue this with you.

You're in golden butterfly land over there. I mean I'm sure its nice for the people in the thread because it gives them hope, but they'll just be more disappointed in the long run.

I wish I was wrong, but I'm not going to be.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider

You aren't actually reading anything I say so there's no point to even argue this with you.

You're in golden butterfly land over there. I mean I'm sure its nice for the people in the thread because it gives them hope, but they'll just be more disappointed in the long run.

*Sigh* Look, can you at least try to be positive? I realize his chances are fairly low, but they're still there. And until Sakurai officially announces that the leak is real, I'm going to maintain a healthy amount of skepticism about that.

Yes, I will be disappointed of Isaac doesn't get in. However, I won't be so disappointed I won't be able to get over it. The roster so far is fine (discounting the leak) and I will be happy with getting the game just with what we've seen.

I want Isaac in. Al of us in this thread want him in. You can at least pretend to be positive or leave. We don't need a bunch or cynicism.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
*Sigh* Look, can you at least try to be positive? I realize his chances are fairly low, but they're still there. And until Sakurai officially announces that the leak is real, I'm going to maintain a healthy amount of skepticism about that.

Yes, I will be disappointed of Isaac doesn't get in. However, I won't be so disappointed I won't be able to get over it. The roster so far is fine (discounting the leak) and I will be happy with getting the game just with what we've seen.

I want Isaac in. Al of us in this thread want him in. You can at least pretend to be positive or leave. We don't need a bunch or cynicism.
I personally think Isaac's chances are still above 50%, he's one of the most likely characters in my eyes to fill in one of those remaining slots. His chances have dropped significantly, but saying its for sure fact that he's out is stupid. The fact is we haven't seen Isaac or any Golden Sun references at all in any way, shape, or form, even though there's nothing to suggest at all that unlockable AT's are still a thing and not even all starting Brawl AT's have been shown either, which is very suspicious.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just joined the forums today, but sign me to support Isaac, despite what the leaks says, I'm going to support him 'till he gets confirmed or deconfirmed as a playable character (hopefully it will be the first option :laugh:).

I also intend to post here a complete movepool for him, that being said, Isaac for Sm4sh.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, just joined the forums today, but sign me to support Isaac, despite what the leaks says, I'm going to support him 'till he gets confirmed or deconfirmed as a playable character (hopefully it will be the first option :laugh:).

I also intend to post here a complete movepool for him, that being said, Isaac for Sm4sh.
Glad to see a fellow Isaac supporter. Welcome to Smash Boards Earth Adept!

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Glad to see a fellow Isaac supporter. Welcome to Smash Boards Earth Adept!
Thanks, I've been following this forum, mainly this thread and I've seen that it has been through gloomy times, specially during the ESRB leak, so I decided to join the forums to discuss about Smash and to support Isaac 'till the very end. Now let's all hope that our favorite Earth Adept makes it in as a playable.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88

Believe, I've been in Golden Butterfly land during the Brawl days. Not gonna make that same mistake again. The difference is, at this point in time, we don't know the full roster yet! Isaac still has the same chance as any other that hasn't been deconfirmed yet. I don't see you going to the Bandana Dee or K. Rool threads and writing the same stuff there.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Thanks, I've been following this forum, mainly this thread and I've seen that it has been through gloomy times, specially during the ESRB leak, so I decided to join the forums to discuss about Smash and to support Isaac 'till the very end. Now let's all hope that our favorite Earth Adept makes it in as a playable.
Detractors are running rampant believing in the ESRB "Leak". They should make sure they wait on Sakurai's word before making an presumptions about the Roster.

It is the same thing with the Gematsu "leak", people who believed in it started running rampant and shouting how some characters won't make the cut. Some people will believe everything.

And it is good to see another Isaac supporter that will stick with him through thick and thin.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Detractors are running rampant believing in the ESRB "Leak". They should make sure they wait on Sakurai's word before making an presumptions about the Roster.

It is the same thing with the Gematsu "leak", people who believed in it started running rampant and shouting how some characters won't make the cut. Some people will believe everything.

And it is good to see another Isaac supporter that will stick with him through thick and thin.
I've seen similar comments like this on other threads from you, but... the way you're wording this I think is very bad. I don't think people will just suddenly stop supporting Isaac after supporting him so long, or any other characters for that matter. You can still support a character even if you think the character is unlikely. I still support Isaac, I still support Lip, I just think Isaac still has a fairly good chance (around 60%) and Lip I just think is abysmally low, around 20% at this point, even though I really want both of them.

Some people just don't want to get their hopes up. For me, with Isaac, the lack of seeing him so far is what makes me believe either he's playable or potentially being saved for DLC. Some people say that his lack of being shown as an AT means nothing, but honestly, I think that means literally EVERYTHING for Isaac. He should've been one of the first AT's to be confirmed... if he was still going to be an AT.

And Shulk, a character with a small history with Nintendo and likely isn't going to appear in future games, is in while Isaac has far bigger history with Nintendo, his games sold better, and has been requested a lot longer. Shulk got the treatment now that Isaac should've gotten in Brawl, really.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
And Shulk, a character with a small history with Nintendo and likely isn't going to appear in future games, is in while Isaac has far bigger history with Nintendo, his games sold better, and has been requested a lot longer. Shulk got the treatment now that Isaac should've gotten in Brawl, really.
And then, we get an awesome reveal with Shulk being beaten by Ganondorf and just when Ganondorf was about to deliver the finishing blow, Isaac comes to rescue the helpless guy from the King of Evil. Or we could just have an awesome display of PSI Powers vs. Psyenergy, a trailer featuring two of my favorite characters, Ness and Isaac.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I've seen similar comments like this on other threads from you, but... the way you're wording this I think is very bad. I don't think people will just suddenly stop supporting Isaac after supporting him so long, or any other characters for that matter. You can still support a character even if you think the character is unlikely. I still support Isaac, I still support Lip, I just think Isaac still has a fairly good chance (around 60%) and Lip I just think is abysmally low, around 20% at this point, even though I really want both of them.

Some people just don't want to get their hopes up. For me, with Isaac, the lack of seeing him so far is what makes me believe either he's playable or potentially being saved for DLC. Some people say that his lack of being shown as an AT means nothing, but honestly, I think that means literally EVERYTHING for Isaac. He should've been one of the first AT's to be confirmed... if he was still going to be an AT.

I don't think it was worded wrong or are you talking about this sentence?: "Some people will believe anything." That is in relation to how many people jump from leak to leak after one is proven false and hopes the one they pick is right.

Though people who believe in the leak are running rampant to character threads and detracting the character.

Everyone should wait until an official word from Sakurai is given before believing anything; especially if they are going to talk down to other people's supported characters if they think they are right.

In response to bold: This is mainly about the detractors not those that think he won't get in.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Considering the roster leak includes Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Chorus Creatures, I'm calling the roster leak a half-truth prank.

I believe it was made by someone who had access to the game, but that the someone put a bunch of fake characters in and removed some real characters.

Only Bowser Jr. and Shulk are safe to call confirmed/leaked.

We'll see, but I still see Isaac as pretty likely.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
It seems a little ridiculous to me to say that the roster Deconfirms any characters. I would accept that several characters are confirmed, but even if the leak is legit we don't see all the characters. I think that most of us expected Isaac to be unlockable, so I'm not surprised he's not shown in an incomplete roster.

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice

Conflicted on whether or not to like this, I agree with what you are saying but I don't want it to be true

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Man, I wish I had some of your guys' optimism XD Or then again, maybe not - I think I'd prefer not to go through the disillusionment that Brawl's roster brought on once more, haha. Although, to be honest, I'm already quite happy with what we've got. I just feel like it needs that one last character I really want, whether it's Isaac or just Mewtwo making his return.

Well, I'll just sit here twiddling my thumbs in the skeptics' corner, being either unsurprised when Isaac doesn't make it in or very pleasantly surprised when he does :upsidedown:

Last edited:

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Don't believe it. Don't believe in the leaks! They're just made by idiots who run on our tears!
Oh I think his chances are looking bleak but in no relation to the leak (No rhyme intended), I agree with what BluePikmin is saying calling the leak made by idiots is a bit close-minded. Personally I think the leak is real and I am happy (except not too happy for dark Pit) but I don't think that it changes Isaacs chances at all! More just his chances stayed the same but I didn't think they were too great to begin with. That said I still expect that we will see him in smash 4

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Well, it's not like we're supporting Isaac only when his chances are great.

Most of us knew he's not a shoe-in. Of course, it is our belief that he's worthy of being in the game, moreso even than some of the confirmed and apparent newcomers. Still, we have this thread to SUPPORT the character, because we want him in the game.

Isaac's has not been deconfirmed in any way, so we will keep supporting. ;)

Top Bottom