• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ISA Presents: Smash Orientation 2009 - August 29th - Indianapolis, Indiana

Arty

Smash Lord
Er... I don't think you're quite familiar with how I play. I'm well aware with how other people normally abuse the stage. I'd show it was wrong, and make you think it should be banned all over again.

So are you going to this tourney?

If so, do you want to $20 MM on that stage?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I know how good Arty is.

I may do the MM. We'll see at the tournament. $20 is my limit on MMs, so I take those more seriously.

2 out of 3 on Luigi's Mansion, 3 stock 8 minute timer? Time runs out, winner determined by %, tie in stock and % results in a 1-stock rematch?

If you're thinking you're just going to be so awesome with jab lock combos from 0-death, they won't work. Jab locks will never work, nor will laser locks. I am aware of the infinites possible on this stage as well as the "sweet spots" you can stand in that result in you being unable to die by simply holding up on your control stick when you get hit.

Seriously, there's a chance you could win.... but wouldn't it be smarter to MM someone for $20 that DOESN'T win sets by using janky counterpicks? This just seems like a pride thing to me.

Arty

Smash Lord
I know how good Arty is.

I may do the MM. We'll see at the tournament. $20 is my limit on MMs, so I take those more seriously.

2 out of 3 on Luigi's Mansion, 3 stock 8 minute timer? Time runs out, winner determined by %, tie in stock and % results in a 1-stock rematch?
Nope... just one match on Luigis Mansion for $20 with those same rules you stated.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
All this money match talk is getting me really excited.

I'll $1 MM anyone who comes to this (unless they're Cincy people who I play all the time in which case I might turn it down.) Just come up and ask me at the venue.

I main Lucas. Easy money.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nope... just one match on Luigis Mansion for $20 with those same rules you stated.
Sorry, I only do 2 out of 3. One match MMs are too randomy and gimmicky for my taste.

Good for you to find a way out of it that isn't embarassing though, openly admitting you only can do a single match so I don't "catch on" to your gimmick that you think is so broken you can only do for one match and not two or three.

Luigi's must be pretty broken if you think you can win one, but not two or three matches.

Must be.

Seems someone just got beaten by a gimmick once and got a little upset. XD

Arty

Smash Lord
Sorry, I only do 2 out of 3. One match MMs are too randomy and gimmicky for my taste.

Good for you to find a way out of it that isn't embarassing though, openly admitting you only can do a single match so I don't "catch on" to your gimmick that you think is so broken you can only do for one match and not two or three.

Luigi's must be pretty broken if you think you can win one, but not two or three matches.

Must be.

Seems someone just got beaten by a gimmick once and got a little upset. XD
Sorry, I only do 1 match MM on janky stages. Three 8 minute matches are just not my taste.

You said yourself that you know the ways that people exploit the stage, so why are you worried to do one match?

Luigi's Mansion must be a very fair stage, if you need three matches to adjust to all the gay stuff I'm going to do and counter it with your own arsenal of methods to exploit the stage.

Must be.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sorry, I only do 1 match MM on janky stages. Three 8 minute matches are just not my taste.

You said yourself that you know the ways that people exploit the stage, so why are you worried to do one match?

Luigi's Mansion must be a very fair stage, if you need three matches to adjust to all the gay stuff I'm going to do and counter it with your own arsenal of methods to exploit the stage.

Must be.
I already answered.

One match MMs are too randomy and gimmicky for my taste.
One suicide via a mis-pressed button, one unlucky trip, one missed tech... all can end up causing you to lose a match. Betting $20 with the possibility of failure due to things out of my control is gambling, and I don't gamble. That's why I play 2 out of 3, to compensate for potential random occurences. It is unlikely that the same unfortunate circumstance would happen twice.

Three 8 minute matches are just not my taste.
You're just being facetious. Three 8 minute matches is standard tournament play.

Regardless, bravo on finding a way to weasel out. ;)

Icyo

Smash Ace
Who's interested in a $100 MM? Minimum is $50 on mm's for me...

I'll get there at like 6 or so.

SmaDa

Smash Cadet
It's true that Olimar was ordained by the Space Pope. He does tare it up in outside space...

HYPE!

Looking forward to this more and more...

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Actually Smashville should be Banned to many Animals in the Background...And a Live Band On Saturdays....That stage is so broken..

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I need a partner for this but I usually don't figure out teams until like the day before lol. Whatever's good.

Arty

Smash Lord
play me before OS then lol

and regular rules? lets do all Luigis Mansion, its seems to be the popular stage in this topic
Then I won't get to play OS if I lose to you :(
And then our whole debate will be for nothing.

If you want to MM me with regular rules, then I'm all for it.
But if you want to MM me on LM, then wait for my set with OS, if he accepts that is.

Count

Smash Champion
I'm loving the Chicago-Cincy rivalry before you guys even know each other ^_^.

I feel like this tourney has more hype than any I've been at in a while, which is very encouraging for me :).

edit: ook can't wait to team. Imma purchase DK country for nostalgia purposes, I think.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
haaaaahahahaha

Arty, you're too easy. It's been a while since I've been able to laugh like this. We're definitely gonna have to hang out at the tournament. ^_^

I'll see if I accept at the venue.

To everyone who I talked to outside of Nope's house: This is exactly what I'm talking about. Toooooo easy.

I'm loving the Chicago-Cincy rivalry before you guys even know each other ^_^.
Rivalry? I'm playing cat and mouse.

Also, Infern, I wouldn't take the $20 MM with him. He'd probably win on Luigi's Mansion. You'd have a chance with random stuff, but he'd probably win on Luigi's mansion. Arty isn't bad, he's just not fantastic. He seems to have trouble in a few specific matchups (one of them is good for me) and is a tight/aggressive player. He'll be fine with playing just outside your range, and the moment he gets an opportunity he'll attack to do as much damage as possible. This means you can generally expect a grab at lower %, and combo-potential attacks, while at higher % he has no problem being patient and waiting for the KO.

In addition, he is pretty predictable and dashes a little too much for a Falco. This actually slows him down, as most Falcos are continuously guarding space and he likes to give up space more often than he should. Your main plan if you do play him is give him the illusion that you're vulnerable, because he'll take it. You can't let him turn YOU into the aggressor, because he generally plays very well defensively. If you just focus on chipping his % up when he dash attacks (he doesn't boost smash as much as Champ does, so you can hit with both f-tilt hits instead of just the 2nd) you can convince him to be the aggressor. He REALLY doesn't do well when he's pushed outside of his comfort zone, but he balances this out by recovering much better than the average Falco.

I, of course, would play this set ala Overswarm vs. Lou (pool matches) and wouldn't need the above info, but every little bit helps.

Study your opponents before MMing. You should also learn Arty's secondary if you haven't already.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
How about this Arty, if we face in brackets, we will put $20 on the line also, sound good?

Cincy > Chicago, thats just how it is count

if they disagree, Crew Money Battle?

Arty

Smash Lord
How about this Arty, if we face in brackets, we will put $20 on the line also, sound good?

Cincy > Chicago, thats just how it is count

if they disagree, Crew Money Battle?
Alright sure... but I'm not planning on being in the Losers bracket 1st round so I don't think this MM will happen, but I accept nonetheless :laugh:

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Alright sure... but I'm not planning on being in the Losers bracket 1st round so I don't think this MM will happen, but I accept nonetheless :laugh:
Hahaha what a wise guy, hey everybody, we got a wise guy here!

and OS, its cool, im familiar with the falco and luigi matchup. I have been playing with champ since like forever, plus im getting some more games with him this weekend, plus if he goes luigi, i got a bunch of stuff for him. Besides, what does he know about Ike :laugh:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
and OS, its cool, im familiar with the falco and luigi matchup. I have been playing with champ since like forever, plus im getting some more games with him this weekend, plus if he goes luigi, i got a bunch of stuff for him. Besides, what does he know about Ike
Don't go Ike, and lower the MM down to something more reasonable. I'll explain to you why in person. You'd beat his Luigi easily, but his Falco would be close in a real set. It'd definitely be an entertaining MM.

You can also PM if you want to know why you should lower it. =P

I hope Arty is just pulling an Overswarm in this thread and isn't actually thinking we're just a bunch of randoms. >_>

Top Bottom