• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Zero Suit Samus better for 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 or both?

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Quite frankly, I find Zero Suit Samus more of a 'support' character: Her attacks flow nicely and adapt with the teammates' moves. She has good range to cover opponent and a projectile to stun the enemy (presumably give you and your teammate and advantage).

But what do you think? Is Zero Suit Samus a bit of both? Your responses will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Quite frankly, I find Zero Suit Samus more of a 'support' character: Her attacks flow nicely and adapt with the teammates' moves. She has good range to cover opponent and a projectile to stun the enemy (presumably give you and your teammate and advantage).

But what do you think? Is Zero Suit Samus a bit of both? Your responses will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
I've had relatively poor luck on teams with ZSS, but that may be because my teammate was very aggressive, and would jump in the way of my Plasma Whip and get hit by it. I feel like Zamus' style of never really getting tangled with her opponents makes her good for support, but I think use of her would be situational at best.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
ZSS is not a very good team player unless you've already eliminated one of your opponents. You'll tend to Plasma Whip your partner alot without intending to.

Purenchisu

Smash Cadet
ZSS is not a very good team player unless you've already eliminated one of your opponents. You'll tend to Plasma Whip your partner alot without intending to.
yea d.c is right Zamus is a 1v1 player most of her moves tend to hit more then one person if their to close to her i.e your partner..

Ørion

Smash Ace
I would agree that she is more of a 1v1 player. I could see using your plasma whip and while its coming out your teammate landing next to your opponent with it and getting fried. Although, if you could use her stuns in unison with your teammate, you could get really good.

Snakeee

Smash Master
You guys are so wrong. ZSS is a beast in teams, you just have to be careful to not hit your partner. Her moves (especially Forward B) are a lot more spammable and easier to hit with in teams. She can cover so much ground at once so she can basically play the zone at times if you want to. She also does pretty well in 2 vs. 1s. The only problem is that sometimes she dies faster in teams.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Dying fast + too easy to hit teammate = not good for teams.

Twice as gimpable as well.

Don't get me wrong though, I play ZSS in teams when I have to get serious.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Dying fast + too easy to hit teammate = not good for teams.

Twice as gimpable as well.

Don't get me wrong though, I play ZSS in teams when I have to get serious.
You won't hit your teammate if you play decently, and getting gimped is still kind of rare, just easier than in singles.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
You won't hit your teammate if you play decently, and getting gimped is still kind of rare, just easier than in singles.
Hmmm...thanks for the response folks, I might have to think twice about using ZSS for 2 vs 2....but she's still a great 1 vs 1 character, eh? :laugh:

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
ZSS is terrible for 2v2, considering she doesn't have any major support moves. Of course, if you're good enough then of course she'd be good ^.^

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I really like her in 2s because of her fluidity of playstyle. Like snakee said, it's tough to survive due to her low weight, but what i do to make up for that is PLAY REALLY GAY AS SOON AS YOU GET TO 100%. All I do is spam side b or sit on the edge and upair or wait for opponents to give me openings. I often stay alive until 180%, and usually am the one giving my team mate stocks.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I really like her in 2s because of her fluidity of playstyle. Like snakee said, it's tough to survive due to her low weight, but what i do to make up for that is PLAY REALLY GAY AS SOON AS YOU GET TO 100%. All I do is spam side b or sit on the edge and upair or wait for opponents to give me openings. I often stay alive until 180%, and usually am the one giving my team mate stocks.
Finally someone agrees with me. Forward B is definitely the best move in teams, but make sure you're teammate does not get caught in it so you have to be really precise. It's such a good feeling when you forward B KO both opponents. The best part about it is you're teammate can be fighting at the opposite side of the stage and you can easily jump up and Forward B his opponent.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I've had bad luck in team matches with ZSS; it's usually as a result of a lack of communication, but more people = more chances someone is going to be in the right spot at the right time to gimp your recovery. ZSS is deceivingly hard to gimp, but if someone can be at the right spot when they need to be than it just makes it hard.

I wouldn't be able to say how many times I've had a partner less experienced than myself accidentally edgeguard me while I'm fighting off-stage with ZSS.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Finally someone agrees with me. Forward B is definitely the best move in teams, but make sure you're teammate does not get caught in it so you have to be really precise. It's such a good feeling when you forward B KO both opponents. The best part about it is you're teammate can be fighting at the opposite side of the stage and you can easily jump up and Forward B his opponent.
Mate, so are you saying that Zamus is a good 2 vs 2 player, considering yourself and your teammate are of a resonable standard?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Mate, so are you saying that Zamus is a good 2 vs 2 player, considering yourself and your teammate are of a resonable standard?
Yeah, that's what I've been saying in this thread lol, but not just because I've done well with her in teams. She gets so many KOs, can cover a ton of ground, is a great support character, and is also amazing with team combos. Like the other day I teamed with a DK, we did D-smash, D-smash, DK full charge B attack o_O.

Adapt

Smash Lord
d-smash = win for team games

Snakee already put in one partner who likes it... but any heavy hitter who can KO but is too slow will be a great teammate. Cuz they can get the kills that ZSS has trouble with

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's what I've been saying in this thread lol, but not just because I've done well with her in teams. She gets so many KOs, can cover a ton of ground, is a great support character, and is also amazing with team combos. Like the other day I teamed with a DK, we did D-smash, D-smash, DK full charge B attack o_O.
Hmm...*ponders*....Ok then, you've convinced me that ZSS is a good support character-Now which characters would make a good teammate for her? (Apart from DK lol)

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hmm...*ponders*....Ok then, you've convinced me that ZSS is a good support character-Now which characters would make a good teammate for her? (Apart from DK lol)
Off the top of my head, Metaknight (but he's a good teammate for anyone), Ike, DDD, Snake.
Usually a heavy hitter that can hold the stocks

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Hmm...well I haven't teamed with a Marth player yet, but I don't see how it could be a bad team. Maybe not the best though it could definitely work.
Haha, when I came to my friend's house, my friend (Marth) and I (Zamus) played against Snake and Pit (My other pals). It was sooo good! Yeah, I accidentally hit Marth a couple of times, but overall we work quite well!
From then on, I use her as my 'surprise' character.

P.S. I'm AUS so we got Brawl much later)

Kyriel

Smash Cadet
ZSS is amazing in teams. If you say she's not because she can hit her teammate, I hope you realize that every character can do that lol--if you're a good team that has a strategy, then you guys shouldn't be hitting each other anymore than the other team does themselves. Also, 2v2s tend to break out into separate 1v1s, unless one of the opposing players allows their teammate to get ganged up on.

Seriously though. Dsmash? Come on. What team member doesn't love that? Even if it's not used to combo out of, you stop movement of one of the opponents. Even if it's only for one second, that one second counts.

MyTactics

Smash Rookie
You have to play good......

You have to play good if you want to be on a team
I think 1v1 is the best though.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
She's a bit of a double edged sword in teams...I mean she's fast so she can easily cover a lot of ground and run in for support...but you really gotta be careful not to hit your partner with your smashes and specials
Team with GnW and bucket dsmashes, or team with Lucario and get him damage boosts by hitting him by accident.

Seriously, me and some random Lucario got 9th in teams once with that. We didn't even know eachother, lol, kinda just did teams on a whim.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Team with GnW and bucket dsmashes, or team with Lucario and get him damage boosts by hitting him by accident.

Seriously, me and some random Lucario got 9th in teams once with that. We didn't even know eachother, lol, kinda just did teams on a whim.
Bucket d-smashes? Would your opponents really let you do that?

Snakeee

Smash Master
I have to semi-disagree even though it is an amazing and broken tactic. I've tried this a few matches in tourney, and it really depends on what stage you are playing on. High end players will punish you badly for trying to charge the bucket if given the chance. You really need a stage where you can get away with it. I've found the best ones to be Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, and Pokemon Stadium. I mean it can work any stage, but it's much harder to pull off. Charging the bucket should be done while KOing one of the opponents in general.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
I have to semi-disagree even though it is an amazing and broken tactic. I've tried this a few matches in tourney, and it really depends on what stage you are playing on. High end players will punish you badly for trying to charge the bucket if given the chance. You really need a stage where you can get away with it. I've found the best ones to be Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, and Pokemon Stadium. I mean it can work any stage, but it's much harder to pull off. Charging the bucket should be done while KOing one of the opponents in general.
I agree with mr snakee here. :laugh:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think if both you and your teammate can find openings, it's not too hard. For one thing, you don't have to do it all in one go. You can also do it instead of edgeguarding (if you've got a full bucket, KOing isn't that much of a problem).

Ultimately, it's just something to add to the pair, both of whom are pretty good teams characters.

Top Bottom