• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Zelda a Pit counter?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Reasons i think that Zelda seems to be a Pit counter

1. Easy to fair dair bair sweet spot, because of his floatiness.
2. Arrow can be reflected (not the biggest reason at all though)
3. Pit's Forward B can be punished with Faore's Wind (consistently?)
4. His weak aerials don't punish juggling or aerial pursuit that well.
5. Easily spiked.

This is besides my own observation of me winning against Pits. So is Zelda a Pit counter? To me she seems to be a counter to a predicted-to-be top tier character.

S2

Smash Lord
Compared to some other character matchups he's not nearly as problematic. That's mostly because Zelda can outcamp him. Pit presents a huge problem to characters with bad recoveries, no reflector, and no projectiles. Fortunately, Zelda has all of those things covered.

That being said, I wouldn't call any matchup easy against a good opponent.

I haven't tried yet (I don't play a lot of Pit's actually), but I would guess that he's easy to gimp on recovery with Din's since you can hit Pit at the start of his recovery and he won't get it back.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
well i fight an extremely good pit player an it can be quite problematic.
1. hard to land sweetspot b/c of air dogde system
2. if arrows are spammed it can get annoying. i dont see how zelda can out camp him he has one of the best projectiles in the game.
3. have you not seen pit's f air and b air they have range and power
4. trying to spike pit can be bit risky.
5. dir fire is easily avioded and pit has 2 reflectors.
6. yes his recovery is gimpable with up b but lots of time he doesnt need it. he has multi jumps.
7. also pit is fast and has a sword
maybe its b/c im fighting one of the best smasher in georgia.
i think they might be even in advantages.

Rugaji4

Smash Rookie
I don't know much about Pit neither Zelda, I'm not sure.

;x

popsofctown

Smash Champion
well i fight an extremely good pit player an it can be quite problematic.
1. hard to land sweetspot b/c of air dogde system
2. if arrows are spammed it can get annoying. i dont see how zelda can out camp him he has one of the best projectiles in the game.
3. have you not seen pit's f air and b air they have range and power
4. trying to spike pit can be bit risky.
5. dir fire is easily avioded and pit has 2 reflectors.
6. yes his recovery is gimpable with up b but lots of time he doesnt need it. he has multi jumps.
7. also pit is fast and has a sword
maybe its b/c im fighting one of the best smasher in georgia.
i think they might be even in advantages.
1. The air dodge is not specific to Pit. Do you understand what a counter discussion is about?
2. Zelda can't outcamp. She can punish arrow at certain ranges though.
3. They aren't that strong. They are average or so.
4. Trying to spike anyone can be risky. Pit's up air isn't very painful though, nor is his up B.
5. Reflectors are slower than perfect shields, and everyone has that. If Pit is blocking your Din's fires, you are spamming it, and not using it tactically.
6. True, his up B doesn't happen much.
7. "also pit is fast and has a sword" I'm pretty sure it's not a sword, he cuts his bow in half and uses them as knives doesn't he? Anyway, a sword has nothing to do with anything, it is only the graphics. What matters is the range time and damage of moves, not their appearance.
Being fast doesn't give you specific advantages over zelda, it gives advantage over everyone equally.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I think that by saying Pit 'has a sword' he is referring to the fact that he has a disjointed hitbox. Though on the other hand, Zelda has a fair amount of disjointed hitboxes as well.

Luthien

Smash Ace
2. Zelda can't outcamp. She can punish arrow at certain ranges though.

Compared to some other character matchups he's not nearly as problematic. That's mostly because Zelda can outcamp him.
*Confused*

Right now, I'm going with S2's opinion, since his guide owns. Could one of you explain why you think Zelda can/can't outcamp Pit (I have yet to fight a Pit without horrendous wifi lag, so I don't know the matchup well).

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
Zelda can out camp pit because she has a reflector and an equally spammable projectile. If you combine that with normal dodging and evasion, you can force Pit to approach. That makes Pit an easy target for more Din's fire and a electric toe to the face.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I haven't played many good pits either, but I think it depends on the stage, and what strategy you use. If you can use din's safely and he reflects, out smart him, and follow up with a grab or smash.

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
Zelda vs pit in my opinion is a very close match up. Zelda has the upper hand just because pit is so light and zelda has so many moves with good knock off power. But when it comes to pit and his arrows, they can be annoying.

Yes zelda has a reflector but timing it isn't always perfect and with its start up lag you can't use it at all distances. But it is still her best defense. Because most pits won't shoot another arrow once they get hit by their own.

Another good way to beat his arrows are to short hop above them then use dins in the air. You will hover over the arrows height and you can bend the dins down to hit him while approaching. You should still do this when you are relatively far away if you do it close it is risky because you are vulnerable after you let dins explode so make sure you hit.

Also i love this get far away enough that dins will go past pit but that the hit box will still go off and hit him. Then use dins let him hit you with an arrow. Dins will do more damage and catch them off guard you can even approach during this time if you hit. Since I'm pretty sure pits arrow will cancel the dins and then you can start dashing before it even explodes.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Reasons i think that Zelda seems to be a Pit counter

1. Easy to fair dair bair sweet spot, because of his floatiness.
2. Arrow can be reflected (not the biggest reason at all though)
3. Pit's Forward B can be punished with Faore's Wind (consistently?)
4. His weak aerials don't punish juggling or aerial pursuit that well.
5. Easily spiked.

This is besides my own observation of me winning against Pits. So is Zelda a Pit counter? To me she seems to be a counter to a predicted-to-be top tier character.
Pit vs Zelda is not really lop sided either way. Do you have any vids? I'd like to see.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
A counter, as i understood it, is a character that has specific rock-paper-scissors advantages over another, not a character that can always beat another.

I think that Pit is a higher tier character than Zelda, stronger all around, but that she has specific advantages over Pit. They don't necessarily fully cancel out Pit's being a great character.

Oh, and no, no vids DM. I don't have the equipment, haven't actually taken the time to learn the process.

KOdEx

Smash Cadet
From what I've read in the thread and experienced first hand the projectile and reflector isn't what makes or breaks the match up. I believe it really is the stage in most cases. Smaller stages(as in main platform size) with some platforms are good for Zelda because she doesn't have to move around a lot, she can also hide and combo from the platforms. Bigger stages for Pit because he's more maneuverable and could kite Zelda around the stage if he needed, and he can potentially have more control over the space in the level.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Zelda doesn't have an advantage over Pit, she justs makes the fight different. Pit can definitely out camp Zelda though. His arrows are faster and will interrupt her Din's Fire. Saying that you can use Din's fire in the air to fly over his arrows doesn't work since he can control their trajectory. Her reflector doesn't help much, it only makes Pit hold his arrows to see if you use Nayru's Love first. And he can short hop and bend the arrows so they won't come back to him.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
A counter, as i understood it, is a character that has specific rock-paper-scissors advantages over another, not a character that can always beat another.

I think that Pit is a higher tier character than Zelda, stronger all around, but that she has specific advantages over Pit. They don't necessarily fully cancel out Pit's being a great character.

Oh, and no, no vids DM. I don't have the equipment, haven't actually taken the time to learn the process.
Ok. Let me know when u do.

Top Bottom