• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is up-b a viable edgeguarding strategy vs snake?

gr8ape

Smash Apprentice
Since the descent of dedede's up b is stopped by snakes little copter, do you think its a viable option to look out for when edgeguarding snake, or is it more of a luck/rare situation thing...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's hella situational. I've seen Snake spiked out of his upB by Dedede's upB once (maybe twice) and I have never replicated the results despite racking up hundreds of matches against my doubles partners' Snake.

RATED

Smash Lord
this has a certain moment or posicion at Snake's UP - b , or it is really situational.?

there is a way to make this something " consistent" ?(something that can be done with the suficient amount of skill when u want)

- PS: my english is not that good I am from Puerto Rico where the main language is spanish

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Way too risky and situational for my tastes. I'd rather just chase them off stage using traditional methods, such as back air or forward air wall of pains. The only time I ever use Up B as an edge gaurd are against Lucas and Ness to steal their thunder.

RATED

Smash Lord
Way too risky and situational for my tastes. I'd rather just chase them off stage using traditional methods, such as back air or forward air wall of pains. The only time I ever use Up B as an edge gaurd are against Lucas and Ness to steal their thunder.
ok thanks I wanted to know that , and btw thanksfor the lucas and ness thing. I am practicing a lot bcuz maybe in the next summer I will try to go to texas or florida( i have family in both places) to assist some big tourney there. :)

Staco

Smash Champion
Maybe you can use it after the normal gimp near the edge, so that you can recover if you dont hit him. ^^

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
It's situational, but something like Grab release -> Snake C4ing -> UpB -> Snake UpB -> profit, would be cool. :)

Top Bottom