• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this even Possible?

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
My 10 year old cousin told me he beat Melee in just 6 hours, got all the characters, beat all Events including 51, and got the Celebi requirement and showed me proof by letting me use his memory card. Now I find it impossible for a ten year old kid to go through all that hell in just 6 hours and he's not even that good. I whooped his *** all the time and yet, it took me about 3 weeks to beat the whole game.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Unless 5 hours of that was him doing a 4 player VS mode, he's lying. That's the least ammount of time needed to unlock Mewtwo, who's needed to unlock final event modes, stages and Mr Game and Watch.

~rh

Smash Lord
1 stock + downb w/ kirby + small stage = maybe? =/

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It *might* have taken him 6 hrs to figure out how to use action replay. If you still have his mem card, i believe there is a power on time stat under the misc. data.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
As mic said, you need 20 hours of versus play (combined, so if you have 4 controllers you can do it in 5 hours) to unlock MewTwo.

So, 5 hours, then he would have to do all the misc things that I'm 99% sure add up to more than 1 hour of playing time. He lil cousin is a liar.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
...I guess it's possible... did he have any help?
He might have...I don't know, he said that his sister's friends were over and he whooped them all, but they're all 16. Again, that's another lie I bet. They probably helped him.

The more I think of it, he does lie quite often. He always tries to talk big.

Zodiac

Smash Master
My 10 year old cousin told me he beat Melee in just 6 hours, got all the characters, beat all Events including 51, and got the Celebi requirement and showed me proof by letting me use his memory card. Now I find it impossible for a ten year old kid to go through all that hell in just 6 hours and he's not even that good. I whooped his *** all the time and yet, it took me about 3 weeks to beat the whole game.
It took me about 5-8 hours, but then again, I knew how to get EVERYTHING

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but didn't you hear all the other people say that you need to play the game for 20 hours to unlock Mewtwo? I'm sure it took you 5-6 hours for all the other characters and stuff though.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
One of his friends may have beaten the game fully, and then lent the memory card to your cousin who copied it.

Copy is done, I believe, by switch teh game on with the completed memory card then you take it out while the game is running and then put the empty one in, then either hit reset or I think go back to the main screen or something like that I can't remember.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Well, It takes 20 hours of vs. play time OR 700 vs. matches to unlock Mewtwo. You can unlock every character by playing a certain number of vs. matches, 1,000 for G&W being the highest. So I suppose if he did one-stock matches and killed himself over and over, it's possible.

Still, highly improbable.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I spent about 7-8 hours before I beat mine, but I already knew everything in the game, so yea.

I do remember though spending most of that time platin as fox in a-stock games and killing myself on yoshi's story. That itself took most of the night.

Mischief Maker

Smash Cadet
With Action Replay, nothing is impossible.

Without Action Replay, that guy is a dirty lier unless he's played it before.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Actually, this is plausible through the 1-stock match method. I'd say you could do a 1-stock match in about 12 seconds (counting loading time). That leads to 5 matches a minute, or 300 an hour. So you can unlock Mr. Game & Watch in about 3 hours and 20 minutes (let's add 10 minutes for the unlock battles, so that's 3h30min). Now you have two and a half hours to do the 51 events. More than enough for good players.

Unfortunately, I don't know the Celebi requirements right now, so I don't know the rest. But from what I see, it's plausible for a good player.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i suggest you ask him how he cleared 15 minute melee, then make him show you his strategy...then you can laugh as the liar fails after 5 mins...and say 'so how did you unlock falco then???'. assuming he's the noob we all know he is, he wont know anything about playing for a certian amount of matches to unlock characters, so he wont be able to say anthing. if he does try to make any excuses about failing, be sure to demandingly say 'NO JOHNS' at every single one.

if he somehow does clear the 15 min melee with the strategy he says, then...you should check his 'bonus records', and see if he has any rediculous ones like 'youve played 1,000,000 matches' or anything. that right there is screaming AR. unless your friend is mew2king, in which case i wouldnt doubt he could unlock everything in a few hours...

third way to discover the truth is wait till he's not at home, then break into his house and search his room for the AR!!!! although im not sure thats legal, but im sure the judge would understand. maybe. actaully, he'd probably say 'NO JOHNS!!'

sagemoon

Smash Lord
cool i beat this game in like 2 mins...
All it took was my blank memory card
My friends memory card with all the data.
A couple mins later and BAM i beat the game in 2 mins.
Simple eh?

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
In that case, Sagemoon, you didn't beat it. Your friend did and now you're trying to take all the credit, foreshame :p.
I, on the other hand, beat everything myself although, I kept it on VE (takes less time that way) unless something required more (fighting Giga Bowser or Crazy Hand for their trophies, for example). Oddly enough, event 51 took fewer attempts than the one where you play as Ness against Samus, Kirby, Fox, Captain Falcon, and Falco (that one still gets me a lot...I guess I suck with Ness...he was my best in SSB, though). I also did not get every trophy, like the two super-secrets and the one you get for getting every achievement in 1P mode (never could get the one for no hits :( ).

It took me over a month, though (on and off, probably around a week of actual game time). Now I get to do it all over again, since I accidentally deleted my save (messing around with the Debug Menu).

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Celebi requires the score display which requires 5000 KO's. It also requires all stages and characters if I am correct.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I bet, that if you'd looked at the Misc. Records and Power Time, your lil' cousin would've been caught red handed. Belive it, he is lying. Or else he must have used an AR.

Kaede - KeyWei

Smash Cadet
So 5 hours for MEwTwo? and 15 mins for Multiman Melee!! 45 mins to do other stuff?
Dosn't it take like 5-10 minutes to do 1 character in Classic? Multiply that by 25.
I agree with everyone else. Fraud!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
well, you can unlock all the characters through # of vs matches, so i think someone figured it would be possible... using one stock matches, but it would basically be a waste of 6 hours of your life.

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
lol never use AR with a memory card.
Well, that was only the first time it's been deleted by accident.
I periodically remove certain things so I can unlock them all over again (gives me something to do). So this would actually be the second time I've deleted the whole file. I'm just glad I didn't screw up and format the entire card :laugh:.

I prefer to unlock things without Vs mode, unless necessary (like Mewtwo and a bunch of the stages). I just get some satisfaction from beating the 100 Man Melee with Fox, so he can challenge Falco (Reflector and Fox Illusion helped a lot). Maybe that's what takes me so long...

P.S. I know you don't have to use Fox for that, but that's just something I like to do (like getting Young Link with Zelda, and Marth with Link).

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I know as a fact he doesn't have AR. He had to have had help, I just know it. Or, he probably cheated like I did and got the data from a friend. I don't care if you call me a n00b for cheating but there were some things I had to do myself, like beating events 40-51, meeting the Celebi requirement, etc. And thanks for the Records ideas, people. I'll make sure I check his records next time I'm at his house.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Next time you're over at his house, tell him to erase his data and show you how he did it. If he says, "No, I'd have to start all over" or something, just say, "It only took you 5 hours" or something.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
make sure to check things like, how many kills vs SDs his profiles have, and his records in clasic and adventure mode, things like these would give away if he used an AR or vs mode to unlock everything

and iff hes earned the pop-up after 4,996 (i think thats the number) vs bouts then hes deff. cheating

you can copy data by simply holding A when your cube is starting accessing the memorycards going to melee and selecting copy data, nothing fancy

and i think mew2 is only 200 vs matches or 20 hrs, i could be wrong tho

mood4food77

Smash Hero
was he including trophies as part of beaten, cause without trophies, it's possible to do that, set up 1 vs 1 against a level 9 ness on DK's level, it takes 3 seconds each time

psicicle

Smash Ace
Just bluff it, go to some website that says you need 20 hours for mewtwo (that leaves out the combined VS thing) and make hime confess or something.

Top Bottom