• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is the ken combo even still possible?

HADOOKEN

Smash Apprentice
I've seen alot of threads about how brawl is too "floaty" to be able to combo well, or at all.

even more, ive seen alot of posters lately creating threads asking for administrators to cancle their account because they are so pissed at brawl they are quitting smash all together...

so my question is, is the Ken combo with marth even still possible, or is it just too easy to get out of that its not worth it? (ken combo= Marth's Fairs into a final Dair for ko.)

also, if you guys have other "combos" your realizing done work anymore, post them here and rant a lil' if you want

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
It can only be landed if your opponent can't DI properly
Yeah thats true cuz it is REALLY hard to pull one off in Brawl compared to pulling it off on lvl 9 comps ridiculously easily. If you can pull one off in Brawl, you can't use as much Fairs (at most 3 or 4 I guess) before the Dair and the Dair is harder to spike (imo). Just look for a mistake the opponent does and you can do that as well as other stuff like Dthrow/Uthrow?-Dair when at the edge.

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
Meh, combos in this game sorta exist... well, in the way that the only way to pull a "combo" off is if your opponent doesn't escape it... which is almost always possible.

Eh, that's not really a combo if it can be usually escaped is it? Really, you can hit someone multiple times, you can use Marth's FAir and then DAir for the KO, but it's not really a combo in this game anymore. You can only hit someone in succession if you know what THEY are about to do, or if they suck at escaping. I agree... combos don't exist in brawl.

BTW: Personally, I find all those brawl Combo vids to be a little ridiculous. You can't beat up on a CPU relentlessly and try to call it a combo. And no, you can't beat up on your little sister and call it a combo. If it happened in a tournament, that doesn't excuse the fact your opponent sucked or had a bad day or whatnot. Those. Are. Not. Combos.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
The ken combo has a new name now. Many people affectionately refer to it as "suicide."

acv

Smash Journeyman
What's a "combo?"
a combo is a series of awesome attacks where the opponent cant do anything.awesome people in melee did awesome combos and that awesomeness stayed in melee.in fact its so much awesome that it will take a while to transfer to brawl.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
I believe that the correct term for landing moves in succession without actually "comboing" is called "chaining"?
amirite

Top Bottom