• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That Tournament: December 10th, 2011

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Just fyi Julian John or Tommy are both their at the story every day usually up until about 7 or 8. You can just walk in and as to talk to them. (the early you come the better)
yeah dropping in is ideal, but the problem is that the store opens fairly late (as you know) and that window clashes w/real life stuff for me

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
yes i have his email, and the owners as well. just trust me guys, i'm not ******** lol

edit: fwiw this isn't that different from the other times in terms of response time, i think people are just a little more restless right now for w/e reason

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
Thanks a lot for having these - they are incredibly fun.

I did not go to the last 2 because of business with school, and this tournament will likely occur during finals week, but I will work harder during the week just so that I can have time for this.

The naming of this tournament is absolutely perfect - I love the name, keep it.

The venue is cool too - I can understand the need for language control.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
14th is a no go unfortunately. only options in may are the 21st (santa cruz already hosting a tourney this day), and the 28th (fanime). realize that's not good news, but it is what it is at this stage. not going to step on toes and run one on the 21st; however, if there is sufficient demand for the 28th, then we can run one despite it being the same day as fanime. i already know that zac is going to fanime and he supplies numerous setups and power supplies, so the willingness of people to bring equipment in his absence would be necessary (in addition to general demand of course) b/c i'd probably rather not run the tournament than have too few setups

otherwise, we plan on running at least a couple of tournies in june and another the week before genesis. still working on the details, will keep you guys posted. so while we're throwing dates around, what are some ideal dates in june?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
The SC tourney may yet switch dates, which would let you have a tourney on the 21st. I will let you know as soon as it's nailed down, which I hope to be in the next day or two.

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
If anyone plays 13 (like with normal deck of cards) I recently invented a sweet way to play for money with some of my friends if any of you are down at the next tourney lemme know.

=p

Also I am excited to see all my smasher friends again, its been a while.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Pay $5 to launch bomb after a single. If you win the round at the end, everyone pays you $5?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
sorry, guess i should have asked a mod to change the title. 14th is not happening (see my previous post); may do one next weekend if santa cruz moves their tourney

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah haha alright thanks tarheel. hoping that i can make it to an sj tourny sooner or later grahhh :D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
>: ( LOL

i can't help that onski is takin a mad long break to work on his documentary

ahhhhh chok-johns

don't worry mccain

move out of modesto syndrome will kick in!!!!

i'm going to a tourny this weekend! but... it's brawl/marvel haha. if theres no melee i might as well go

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
We aren't having a tourney on the 21st anymore, Julian, so feel free to put one on. Sorry for the confusion.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Confirmed for May 21st

same location, same times, etc.

want to do pools again, so we're going to adhere more strictly to the schedule. also want to clarify that bringing setups provides free/discounted venue fee; it does not waive tournament entry fees. hoping for another strong turnout

Elliot

Smash Rookie
Me and Yamer are considering driving down to this all the way from Idaho. Can anyone house us this weekend? It's probably going to just be the two of us but there is a chance we bring like one or two more guys.

If you have any information you can call us at
Elliot: 208 227 4404
Mike (Yamer): 208 403 7786

Edit: We can also bring a setup or two if we make it.

Top Bottom