• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is SBB ruined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
i think wat he's getting at is not that its gonna suck, obviously its not, but just that it'll initially be a let down, which it will UNTIL you accept it and get over. Most people have blocked out any negative thoughts about this game so they're fine. But...the truth is that Nintendo was lazy on this one. Yes we all had hopes too high for this game to reach.
Significant things they did mess up on.
-character roster
-items, ats—7 years and this is all you came up with. work on your dam creativity nintendo. Emphasis on WORK. I expected A LOT more items then there are. The wii was supposed to be a revolutionary system, so I wanted freaking monumental amount of new stuff.
levels—although there are a lot of great stages, many feel very similar and I think they could've had a few more themes.
Online—its 2008—get with the times really.

So yes there are some significant downers about the game, as there have been with the other wii games I've played. Not saying it isn't going to be fun, but for some expecting it to be infinitely fun is not a good idea. This game is not infinitely great, not "off the charts", its just very high up on the charts. And before u piss at me for criticizing the game you all idolize and say THEN DON'T BUY/PLAY THE GAME!!! realize that I may not. Maybe I'll buy it and return it or sell it to someone who can't find it in stores.
Heh, okay... they messed up. Don't buy the game. But remember that 1) it wasn't seven years, the game was in production for 3, which is a long @$$ time for a game. I only wish they took half as long for Sonic games anymore. 2) if 35 characters isn't enough for you, go buy SNK vs. Capcom or something. They maxed this thing out. Characters, stages, the sheer amount of trophies, stickers, items, etc... it's mindboggling how they fit it all on here, plus (finally) a seemingly awesome 1P mode. Your opinion I respect a little more than the OP, but still dude, if you deem this game a let down, you just had WAY too high of expectations. Either that or you wanted to wait another 3 years and have a multidisc edition of the game with every bit of Nintendo nostalgia available.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't know where this troll nonsense is coming from, im simply intiating some conversation and debate over a topic...isn't that the entire point to a forum. Oh and has anyone even played M2 before, if anything lucario is basically what m2 should have been but that doesnt distract from the fact that he essentially a clone. Oh and considering Sak promised 50 chars I would say 28 (I dont count clones as real chars) is quite a letdown.
Troll nonsense? LOL! is this what you do for fun. Do you hear yourself talk? This is not a debate, you don't have good facts or knowledge to back your claims. All you have are statements of increasing ignorance, you have no substance. Stop trolling. IT'S SO OBVIOUS. Cmon man, you joined TODAY. To make this piece of ****.

Embrio

Smash Cadet
I'll go into why Ike and Lucario are clones tommorow but I have to get going here real quick, so in closing I will say this. As a competitve smash player I am deeply dissapointed by the way this game plays, mechanically its shallow and the character variety is crippled due to the inclusion of clone characters. Melee had clone chars but melee's game engine gave them so much diversity where as brawls flat mechanics will produce the oppoiste effect. The online system is a joke and I doubt there will be much depth to it in the future, again Ill post more about this later but I gotta get going here real quick.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I honestly don't know where this troll nonsense is coming from, im simply intiating some conversation and debate over a topic...isn't that the entire point to a forum. Oh and has anyone even played M2 before, if anything lucario is basically what m2 should have been but that doesnt distract from the fact that he essentially a clone. Oh and considering Sak promised 50 chars I would say 28 (I dont count clones as real chars) is quite a letdown.
1) Show me where Sakurai promised 50 characters. I'm waiting.

2) Mewtwo was in the last game. Even if Lucario was a clone of him, which he's not, he's still not a "clone" because Mewtwo isn't in this game.

ZOMG!!!! CLONES!!!! You're right. They should definitely change every game. I was hoping Zelda would get Pikachu's cool thunder move, or maybe DK's punch.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I'll go into why Ike and Lucario are clones tommorow but I have to get going here real quick, so in closing I will say this. As a competitve smash player I am deeply dissapointed by the way this game plays, mechanically its shallow and the character variety is crippled due to the inclusion of clone characters. Melee had clone chars but melee's game engine gave them so much diversity where as brawls flat mechanics will produce the oppoiste effect. The online system is a joke and I doubt there will be much depth to it in the future, again Ill post more about this later but I gotta get going here real quick.
Translation: LOL, I'm a troll, LOL

I believe my n00b-speak translator is functioning at maximum capacity today!

naevorc

Smash Apprentice

Alright, go post in the melee forum then, and stay there forever.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yes! Quick, while he's away! Let's close the thread! Maybe he'll start posting angry threads about how he hates the mods and get permanently banned!

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'll go into why Ike and Lucario are clones tommorow
I'll look forward to that with much pent up laughter, given I just gave you a [post=3972108]complete breakdown of all of Ike and Marth's moves[/post], showing that they are not even close to clones. What on earth you could possibly say to prove that wrong when I could pull up literally dozens of videos off Youtube alone which back up every point I made in that post is beyond me.

Zevox

Shenz0r

Smash Apprentice
I pity you. You are an ungrateful troll.

At least we HAVE Wi-Fi, alright? I can just imagine your face if Wi-Fi was deconfirmed, and you'd be saying how Brawl fails for having no online.

Ike and Lucario being clones are stupid. That's like saying Bowser's a clone of Yoshi for having the same Down-B.

Pengie

Smash Lord
I didn't think it was actually possible for there to be a steaming pile of crap on the Internet but this thread has proven me wrong.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Hmm what's the Rush? Maybe you found out that you were wrong :laugh::laugh::laugh: the closest thing to a Clone in Brawl is Toon LInk and he not much of a clone as Link. And I doubt you are a Competitive Smash player. No one ever heard of you until today.

Okay 1 Lucario has 1 move in common with MewTwo he's a clone.

Okay what the logic in that

one move in common...........makes him a clone................

Met

Smash Ace
Lol I Am Drunk Whoever Made This Post Is A Nub Wtf I Have Been Playng Thisgame All The Times Man And You Are A Rong Muthha****ka Ow Is Ike A Clone You Are ****** Lolz All Of His Oves Are Dffrent. Just Because He Swings His Sowrd Arounddoesn't Mean He Is A Clone. I Can Swing My Fukkin Wiener Around And It Doesn't Mean I Am A Clone Of Anyother Dude Who Swings His Wiener. You Are Wrong Get Over It Nub Get In The Nub Tub And Scrub Off That Nub **** *** **** *****.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
I'll look forward to that with much pent up laughter, given I just gave you a [post=3972108]complete breakdown of all of Ike and Marth's moves[/post], showing that they are not even close to clones. What on earth you could possibly say to prove that wrong when I could pull up literally dozens of videos off Youtube alone which back up every point I made in that post is beyond me.

Zevox
He's a troll, most likely in 8th grade but that's just my gut feeling. Most likely he is laughing with his friend or something "LOLOLOL". Lock already someone, pleeease.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Lol I Am Drunk Whoever Made This Post Is A Nub Wtf I Have Been Playng Thisgame All The Times Man And You Are A Rong Muthha****ka Ow Is Ike A Clone You Are ****** Lolz All Of His Oves Are Dffrent. Just Because He Swings His Sowrd Arounddoesn't Mean He Is A Clone. I Can Swing My Fukkin Wiener Around And It Doesn't Mean I Am A Clone Of Anyother Dude Who Swings His Wiener. You Are Wrong Get Over It Nub Get In The Nub Tub And Scrub Off That Nub **** *** **** *****.
What was the point of this post?

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
these threads are so stupid, it really is completely ridiculous at this point, i think smashboards should just shut down until brawl is released in NA for everyone's sake :dizzy:

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Ike and Lucario are clones.

I did not know that. XP
Yep. 'Cause they both have a counter attack.

Also, Fox and Wolf are clones because they're both furries, despite the fact that they play COMPLETELY differently, which anyone who's played the game would know.

And Luigi and Mario are clones despite the fact that they share almost no moves now that Fludd is here.

Pikachu and Zelda are clones; they both use electric attacks! And, of course, this means that they're also clones of Ness and Lucas.

Man, this thread fails. Absolute crap.

And one interview on 1Up doesn't prove anything.
Famitsu: 40/40
Nintendo Power: 10/10

That's good enough for me!

Gillenium

Smash Rookie
lol, I've never seen a group of gamers take a game so seriously before coming to this forum. It's funny to read! What happened to playing videogames to have fun...?

I like fun..

This game looks amazingly fun!

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Name 5 people who said that.
Well, I didn't even think that Melee had competitive play until two years ago or so. Incidentally, in response to your earlier post, Brawl really does have competitive potential. It's just based more heavily around intelligence and technique that the reflexes to make your character have a horrible seizure while simultaneously thrashing along the floor at twice his running speed.

kitsuneboy_geoff fails at being funny
I'd expect better from a moderator, actually. Don't you guys have a rule against 1-liners?

smash64

Smash Champion
well i defently think Brawl will be much better cuz it seems like its like super smash bros 64 and melee put in 1 so yeah i look forward to that

Bailey

Smash Hero
Dude you honestly know nothing about Melee then if you think competitive play is seizuring along the ground.

Melee was a faster game then the first one we all know. Some characters could move insanely fast (Fox). But Fox doesn't need to be played insanely fast to win. You have to be smart too.

There is no combo ability in Brawl, there is like no stun either.

I played Brawl. As I said before great party game bad competitive

EDIT: Smash64 Brawl is nothing like Melee or 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom