• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is SBB ruined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Yeah but considering that the online mode is ****, there's no wavedashing and that the game has such a small character roster comprised by mostly clones and only 2 3rd party characters.......I just think this game will fail.
Well.... The Online Mode IS pretty bad. BUT theres is one. Melee did NOT have that. Wavedashing IS NOT needed to play smash. Wavedashing was JUST a GLITCH. How did you expect them to not come acrossed it? And melee had 7 Alike Characters out of 25. Thats a little more than 1/4.... Brawl has 6 Alike Characters out of 35... Thats 1/5 the roster..... There are less clones and more characters in brawl..... And well i didnt really like wave dashing and neither did alot of ppl..... Well there i just made brawl good again...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The guy thinks Ike, Luigi, and Lucas are clones. This is major fail.

He doesnt get that the old clones are now very different.

He thinks Wolf is a clone. More fail.

This guy fails.. cmon people, he said IKE was a clone. IKE.

Stop posting here in 3...

Now.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
So I'm a troll for having a opinion, or because I've touched on some truth that you are all to afraid to admit. Regardless of the differences, all the characters I mentioned are clone characters. They might have different animations with certain attacks, but they are at there core"clone characters". When u subtract the amount of clone characters you are left with 26-28 real characters as I've mentioned before, sure its bigger then melee but is it really by that great of a margin.

If u read the interview with Sak u will understand how wonky his logic is as it relates to online. The **** he was speweing was disgusting, plus the exclusion of 3rd party characters so he will not over saturate the roster with "non nintendo characters" is complete BS.....I guess having a record high amount of clones chars is better huh Sak.
You're being considered a troll now because you aren't listening to anyone's else opinion but your own and your not taking any of the other points people suggested as anything at all. You're just ranting at best, ranting isn't a discussion.

Darkslash

Smash Master
You know I bet this thread is flame baiting........ Ohh well as Long as i got my

Flame Shield I will be alright

ON TOPIC: Okay Ike a Clone? Of what Roy?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I'm a troll for having a opinion, or because I've touched on some truth that you are all to afraid to admit. Regardless of the differences, all the characters I mentioned are clone characters. They might have different animations with certain attacks, but they are at there core"clone characters". When u subtract the amount of clone characters you are left with 26-28 real characters as I've mentioned before, sure its bigger then melee but is it really by that great of a margin.

If u read the interview with Sak u will understand how wonky his logic is as it relates to online. The **** he was speweing was disgusting, plus the exclusion of 3rd party characters so he will not over saturate the roster with "non nintendo characters" is complete BS.....I guess having a record high amount of clones chars is better huh Sak.
Nah, you're allowed to have your own opinion whenever you want. It's just the fact that your opinion is based off something nonexistent. Have you actually played the game? If you have and you call Ike and Lucario clones, you're fvcking ********. There are 5 "clones", Melee had 6 clones that were much, much closer to their cloned character. If you said you didn't like Brawl due to the online mode, that's a different story. But your logic is about as mature as an infants.

And this part makes me laugh the most: "plus the exclusion of 3rd party characters so he will not over saturate the roster with "non nintendo characters" is complete BS"

Nintendo game? Nintendo roster. You seriously are a fvcking ******.

Embrio

Smash Cadet
I understand what u r all saying about the clones, I can also understand why u may chose to view them as distinct enough that u wouldn't consider them clones but the fact of the matter is that at there core they r clones. No amount of denial or"explanation"can overwrite that, if Im not mistaken SBB might have the higest count of clones char ever featured in a fight.

Now as for the gameplay, it's slow, floaty and the absence of the techs really hinders the games potential as a competitve tittle in my eyes. Melee was so deep and technical, Brawl seems clunky and superficial.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591

did you watch video's or read impressions,there are no direct clones in this game.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I understand what u r all saying about the clones, I can also understand why u may chose to view them as distinct enough that u wouldn't consider them clones but the fact of the matter is that at there core they r clones. No amount of denial or"explanation"can overwrite that, if Im not mistaken SBB might have the higest count of clones char ever featured in a fighter.
Dead or alive anyone?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I understand what u r all saying about the clones, I can also understand why u may chose to view them as distinct enough that u wouldn't consider them clones but the fact of the matter is that at there core they r clones. No amount of denial or"explanation"can overwrite that, if Im not mistaken SBB might have the higest count of clones char ever featured in a fighter.

lol DBZ tekochi (sp)3 laughs at you

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
YEA MAN I AGREE
i r agree whit u
pikachu = ganondorf
nes = fox
samus = mario
link = bowser

those are the clones your referring to right?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Don't worry. You are mistaken. Epically.

I would've tried to take you seriously, but then you said Ike and Lucario were clones. Ike. Lucario. Show me the characters that play like them. I can't wait for this...

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Why are you feeding the troll?

Listen Embrio... nobody is taking you seriously anymore. You don't even know what a clone is. This is the last thing I'm gonna say in this thread, because no amount of facepalming is going to stop this.

Embrio

Smash Cadet
You guys do realize Ike and Lucario are clones of M2 and Marth right, as i mentioned before the differences are only in animation. How anyone can honestly sit here and argue that is beyond me....

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I understand what u r all saying about the clones, I can also understand why u may chose to view them as distinct enough that u wouldn't consider them clones but the fact of the matter is that at there core they r clones. No amount of denial or"explanation"can overwrite that, if Im not mistaken SBB might have the higest count of clones char ever featured in a fight.

Now as for the gameplay, it's slow, floaty and the absence of the techs really hinders the games potential as a competitve tittle in my eyes. Melee was so deep and technical, Brawl seems clunky and superficial.
You are either:

A. a troll

B. the biggest moron known to man

Here's a challenge: tell us why Ike is a clone.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You guys do realize Ike and Lucario are clones of M2 and Marth right, as i mentioned before the differences are only in animation. How anyone can honestly sit here and argue that is beyond me....
Yeah, Ike definitely has Marth's Dancing Blade and Dolphin Slash, and Lucario definitely has Mewtwo's Disable and Confusion.

Darkslash

Smash Master
JESUS CHRIST HOW MANY TIMES MUST I POST THIS PICTURE. Wait NVM found a Better One :D

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
What's an "M2"? I know of no character in Brawl whose name can be abbreviated to M2.

IKE DOES NOT PLAY LIKE MARTH. Get that through your thick head and then go back to GameFAQs where you belong. Or were you rejected from there too?

I don't know how YOU can "honestly sit here and argue that". See how that works?

I will allow you one more facepalm before you GTFO.

Zevox

Smash Lord
The only possible way you could claim that all of those characters are true clones is by claiming that anyone with even a single move identical to another is a clone. In which case Samus and Captain Falcon are clones due to having the same shoulder-bash dash attack, Mario and Sonic are clones due to sharing the same neutral A punch-punch-kick combo, Sonic and Fox are clones due to sharing the same uair flip-kick, and God knows how much else. Characters have been sharing a handful of similar moves since game 1, simply because there are only so many ways you can punch/kick/swing a sword/etc.

The simple fact is that two of the characters you listed are not clones at all without using that kind of inane definition, so discounting them already brings Brawl's clone count down below Melee (6 to 7), and most of the others share so few moves that considering them the same as Melee's 6 non-Luigi clones is a laughable thought at best. Just look at some of the videos of Lucas and Wolf for crying out loud - they're not even close to Ness and Fox. If they had different special attacks, they couldn't be considered clones of any sort at all. To say that Brawl is worse than Melee in this area is utterly laughable and only makes you look ignorant.

And as for that last, you must never have heard of that DBZ game with over 100 characters. Way more clones than any other fighter, from what I've heard.

Because we've actually watched them play and noticed that they're nothing of the sort. How you could claim anything like that without having never seen a good-quality video of them is utterly baffling. Hell, we've known Ike was nothing even close to a Marth clone since E for All. Here, since I have time, I'll even give you a complete breakdown of their moves:

Dash attack: Marth slashes low, tripping his opponent up. Ike takes a swipe at his opponent's chest, knocking them back. Not cloned.

Neutral A combo: Marth does a series of vertical slashes. Ike does a punch-punch-stomp combo. Not cloned.
F-tilt: Marth does a quick, upward vertical slash. Ike does a nearly horizontal slash. Not cloned.
U-tilt: Marth does a vertical overhead slash. Ike slams his sword's hilt upward. Not cloned.
D-tilt: Marth stabs his sword out quickly. Ike slashes his horizontally. Similar to Link, but not cloned.

F-smash: Marth does a quick, one-handed vertical slash. Ike does a slow, two-handed vertical slash. Similar, but not cloned (Ike's is actually taken from the SSB64 Link).
D-smash: Marth crouches and slashes on both sides of his feet. Ike remains standing and slashes low on both sides. Similar, but all characters have that same concept for this move, and differ only in whether they use their feet or a weapon for it. Not cloned.
U-Smash: Marth stabs his sword straight above him. Ike swings his in a huge, 270 degree arc around and over his body. Not cloned.

Nair: Marth does a spinning double horizontal slash. Ike does a 270 degree vertical slash around his body. Not cloned.
Fair: Marth does a quick, one-handed vertical slash. Ike does a slow, two-handed vertical slash. Similar, but not cloned.
Dair: Marth does a vertical slash below him. Ike does a sword plant ala Link. Not cloned.
Uair: Marth does a vertial slash above him. Ike twirls his sword above himself helicopter-style. Not cloned.
Bair: Marth does a quick, vertical slash behind him. Ike does an insanely fast horizontal slash that turns him around. Not cloned.

Specials:
B: Marth has Shield Breaker, a chargeable forward thrust. Ike has Eruption, a chargeable move where he stabs the ground with his sword, causing flames to erupt in a pillar in front of him. Both can be charged, but so can DK's punch, Link's arrows, and many, many other neutral B moves, and they are otherwise nothing alike. Not cloned.
Side B: Marth has Dancing Blade, an elaborate sword combo. Ike has Quick Draw, a chargeable, charging sword slash. Not cloned.
Up B: Marth has Dolphin slash, a quick, vertical, jumping slash attack. Ike has Aether, a move straight from his game where he throws his sword above him, leaps up and grabs it, then plummets while it before him to strike foes below him. Not cloned.
Down B: Both have counter. Their only cloned move.

Final Smash: Marth has Critical Hit, an insanely quick, single-stroke, instant-kill move. Ike has Great Aether, an elaborate mid-air sword combo followed by a plummet to the ground which ends in an explosion. Not cloned.

I'd do the same for Lucario/Mewtwo, but I don't have quite that much free time to spend on this. Just watch some Lucario videos and figure it out for yourself. They're no more so clones than Ike and Marth.

Zevox

Embrio

Smash Cadet
You are either:

A. a troll

B. the biggest moron known to man

Here's a challenge: tell us why Ike is a clone.
Ike is actually more like roy didn't anything IMO, but if u watch any match vids or consult with any top players u will understand things more clearly.

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
Ike plays more like ****ing Ganon than Marth you twit.

HE USES HIS FISTS MORE THAN HIS SWORD!!!! about as much

Marth doesn't.

Lucario has... One move in common with m2. All his normals and others are different.

I say we ban this troll, he's REALLY ANNOYING ME >.>

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
This is the last thing I'm posting here so you can stop getting your craved attention.

Lucario is not even close to a clone of Mewtwo, but let's say he was. Mewtwo isn't in this game. So, he's a clone of a past character? Oh, ****! Mario's a clone of Melee Mario! Dammit! DK too! Even Bowser?? FVCK!!!!

Ike, well... see for yourself.

Ike's big, obnoxiously slow, and has completely different attacks altogether. Their one likeness is that they both use a sword, in which case we would have a ****load of clones on our hands. Wait, Ganondorf and Diddy Kong both use their hands and feet! CLONES!!!!! ZOMG!!!!

Ike is actually more like roy didn't anything IMO, but if u watch any match vids or consult with any top players u will understand things more clearly.
Top players. Okay then. Hey, top players, is Ike a clone? Lucky for us, a lot of them happen to be here, and most of them have more than 7 posts.

You fail, Brawl wins. Don't play it, I don't care.

/thread.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
This topic is boring. You're boring OP.

Trolling this place is far too easy.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I agree.

Is anyone else getting tired of all of these "Do you think the game might suck? :confused::confused::confused:" threads?

I certainly am.

Edit: Op, do you honestly think "THe game is mostly clones? youre an idiot if you think that. THere is only one real clone, and thats Toon Link.

Ness is SO different than Lucas, think Wolf & Fox. Very different A moves.

The roster is not small. Wanting it larger would overcomplicate things.

The online is not ****. Nintendo isnt overly skilled at online, nor do they like it, but it is not **** online. if it was, noone would use it, and people do.
I agree with most of your points. But I gotta say, a larger roster wouldn't have ruined things but this one is fine. And the online is pretty crummy. The problem isn't Nintendo is inexperienced or don't like it, it's that they refuse to make it what the fans like. They still seem to view online as a gimmick or extra.

In this Gen online is very important, but Nintendo doesn't seem to realize that.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I've watched several matches with Ike, and I can safely say that you are A) blind. B) a troll C) a moron

Edit: Darkslash, I'm stealing that.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice

We call you a troll because your "OPINION" seems to be based off of ignorance. Can we close this ****ty thread already.

Beside everything, you joined TODAY, and all your posts are in this topic. Gj on the trolling.

stfunerds

Smash Apprentice
i think wat he's getting at is not that its gonna suck, obviously its not, but just that it'll initially be a let down, which it will UNTIL you accept it and get over. Most people have blocked out any negative thoughts about this game so they're fine. But...the truth is that Nintendo was lazy on this one. Yes we all had hopes too high for this game to reach.
Significant things they did mess up on.
-character roster
-items, ats—7 years and this is all you came up with. work on your dam creativity nintendo. Emphasis on WORK. I expected A LOT more items then there are. The wii was supposed to be a revolutionary system, so I wanted freaking monumental amount of new stuff.
levels—although there are a lot of great stages, many feel very similar and I think they could've had a few more themes.
Online—its 2008—get with the times really.

So yes there are some significant downers about the game, as there have been with the other wii games I've played. Not saying it isn't going to be fun, but for some expecting it to be infinitely fun is not a good idea. This game is not infinitely great, not "off the charts", its just very high up on the charts. And before u piss at me for criticizing the game you all idolize and say THEN DON'T BUY/PLAY THE GAME!!! realize that I may not. Maybe I'll buy it and return it or sell it to someone who can't find it in stores.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I get what you're saying stfunerds... but I have to disagree... the roster was only disappointing to me at first because I didn't actually think of what it meant. What you're actually saying is that things seem bad before you actually think about them, and not thinking before you complain is a very big mistake.

Embrio

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't know where this troll nonsense is coming from, im simply intiating some conversation and debate over a topic...isn't that the entire point to a forum. Oh and has anyone even played M2 before, if anything lucario is basically what m2 should have been but that doesnt distract from the fact that he essentially a clone. Oh and considering Sak promised 50 chars I would say 28 (I dont count clones as real chars) is quite a letdown.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Seeing Nintendo Worked on this for 3 years and not 7( I think Iwata or Sakurai said they started brawl after E3 05)
Character Roster: Hmm 35/39 to 25/26 They came a long way in 3 years
Online:AT LEAST WE HAVE ONLINE
Items/AT: AT are a new Feature and they are like Smash balls. They are a Last resort Item. Besides i doubt i will play with Items. or Over use them :laugh:

I honestly don't know where this troll nonsense is coming from, im simply intiating some conversation and debate over a topic...isn't that the entire point to a forum. Oh and has anyone even played M2 before, if anything lucario is basically what m2 should have been but that doesnt distract from the fact that he essentially a clone. Oh and considering Sak promised 50 chars I would say 28 (I dont count clones as real chars) is quite a letdown.
Okay Let me get this straight. You thought Sakurai would Promise 50 char. please Tell me where he said that. Ohh yes I remeber HE DIDN'T. WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT IDEA????
And who the **** is M2? I know MewTwo but not M2. And there are no clones.... GOD not only does this man Deserve a Face palm but also a Failure

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Please, do explain how Lucario is a clone. Oh wait... you can't, because he isn't.

I'm going to humor you and say that Ike, Luigi, Lucas, Wolf, Falco, Toon Link, and Ganondorf are all clones.

Even if they are (which most of them really aren't), that leaves 32 completely unique movesets in the game. Please, point to me where Sakurai promised 50 characters in the game. Oh, that's right... you can't because HE DIDN'T.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
But, you're blatantly wrong. Especially on that 50 character thing.

EDIT: Also, subtract the 'clones' from Melee's total and see how much of an improvement we got.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Falco, Lucas, Ike, Luigi, Wolf...

THEY ARE NOT CLONES! Sakurai even made a point of
getting that through on the dojo...

Sakurai never promised us ****...

The B moves are similar, but that's like saying DK and Link are clones
because off there Up Specials...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom