• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Olimar a good teamate?

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
A friend of mine from the Dallas' Phase tournaments suggested that me and him should team up next time.

He's an Olimar main, so my question, as the title says, is Oli a good teammate for Snake?

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
It can work, but you can't really save Olimar from getting gimped like other characters can. Depends on how good the Olimar player is at not getting gimped, and how well they are at teamwork. I've teamed with IcyLight a lot in the past, and we've done pretty well most of the time. Good trick is to Dthrow with Olimar near you and if they roll towards the Olimar, the Olimar Dsmashes/Usmashes them ;D.

-Ran

Smash Master
With the popularity of MK in teams, I don't see Snake or Olimar being able to save the other from getting gimped. This gives MK a choice between either character as to what he wants to go after to get a gimp, while his team mate only has to occupy the other. Two team mates that can't rescue each other are a bad mix.

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
ive teamed with aros(oli main from norcal) we ended up getting third in dubs.
Oli and snake is good they both have great killing priority they can camp well(who camps in dubs? XD)Snakes Dthrow is a great move for oli to follow up on,just be sure to watch how oli is doing from time to time if you see him getting juggled or grabbed near the stage go help him asap.you both juggled easy so just watch out for one another.

Oh and there best stage is Hailberd witch is great but the second choice imo would be Fd for room.
And to throw it out there you guys kill mk at 100% mabye even lower depending on the stage

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
In my experience, a campy Olimar is AMAZING to team with, and if they player is very skilled, they can stock tank. Also, Olimar gets easy grabs, which is good for free devestating attacks, like C4 or Fsmash.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Yus! I think Snake and Olimar is a GREAT team!
Honestly! I loove this team!
I've played the Snake and I've played the Olimar. In all honesty I think it's my favorite team. Snake stays alive forever, Olimar can wrack up damage so quickly. Snake and Olimar are both able to kill. I really suggest this team. If I play Snake I'd really like to have an Olimar on my team. And if I play Olimar I'd really like to have a Snake on my team. I love it. (: I'll most definitely try and get some videos.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
imo i dont think olimar is snakes best team partner or even good to be honest from my experiance i like teaming with the most is : mk , d3 , wario and marth theres my favourite 4 to team with

Top Bottom