• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Ness Worth It?

6tails

Smash Cadet
So I;m new to Ness and what I dont get is how come his moves have huge priority (like Lucas)?? Is it because he uses PK powers or...??

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yes. It's the PK powers.

They're sparkly.

6tails

Smash Cadet
Cool then. I've been reading up some stuff about Ness and I think I'll start using him as a secondary. :bee::bee::bee:

To tell you the truth I like low tiers lol. In fact, ironically I main the lowest character of the low tiers, Captain Falcon FTW!!!!!!!

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Cool then. I've been reading up some stuff about Ness and I think I'll start using him as a secondary. :bee::bee::bee:

To tell you the truth I like low tiers lol. In fact, ironically I main the lowest character of the low tiers, Captain Falcon FTW!!!!!!!
Captain Falcon is my secondary
+ :falcon: = cool.

6tails

Smash Cadet
Lol were opposites, but one things for sure, brawling with low tiers rawks hard! Yeah, throw up your rawkfist! :chuckle:

Uffe

Smash Hero
He's tourney viable.
He's full of priority and takes his vitamins, too. Because growing boys need a good source of calcium. Anyway, he's a good character. He has some bad match ups, some grab release issues and is low tier. But it's not anything that can't be dealt with. As Man of Popsicle already pointed out, he's tourney viable. The only true problem of his is Marth.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Ness is hardcore, drinking steak out of milk cartons. xD

Ness pretty good for a low tier. He has nice range on almost all of his aerials, he has very high priority tilts (like Uffe said, he takes a lot of vitamins.), and he has decent range on the ground with his Upsmash and Fsmash.

The only problems Ness suffers from are grab releases, recovery issues, and IMO his ground movement.

_clinton

Smash Master
The Marth match up is *****ed about to much...Nair is your friend...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
The chaingrab isnt so bad. If you break out right you should only be taking like 15%
It's the follow ups that hurt the most.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
I came from (used to main) a high tier (G&W), and it's just more satisfying to win as Ness. Especially with pkt2's. G&W you can just spam smashes and bairs, the only fun kills are with uair or dair spikes (rare).

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Captain Falcon is my secondary
+ :falcon: = cool.
Same situation. i pwn with ness and fool around with my enemies by playing as cfalc. I would say they are extremely fun to play as and even more awesome when you can play well with them. although i wish i could go to some tourneys as an attempt to raise them in the tiers, but then again I'm not that good.

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
I've also been considering secondary-ing Ness. I really enjoy playing low-tier characters as well, and Ness seems like one of the funner, more satisfying characters to rep. I mean, he gets a spike, awesome throws, great sustain damage, AND a totally badass, mind-game inducing, electrically propelled headbutt.

Yes plz.

_clinton

Smash Master
I've also been considering secondary-ing Ness. I really enjoy playing low-tier characters as well, and Ness seems like one of the funner, more satisfying characters to rep. I mean, he gets a spike, awesome throws, great sustain damage, AND a totally badass, mind-game inducing, electrically propelled headbutt.

Yes plz.
You forgot that he is also in the midweight class but has above average killing power, and has some of the best air moves in the game

*Hits Megapants with newspaper

Top Bottom