• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is my name "Emo" to you? AKA: Lone Shadow's Emo Sui-scheme.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
"Lone Shadow" sounds wicked sick - don't pay attention to anyone who calls it emo... unless you take that as a compliment (unlikely because you stated that you aren't emo at all in real life). As to where it comes from, the first thought that popped in my mind was that old cowboy stereotype out on the old west toting his dual pistols... But that's wrong, isn't it...?

danielrofl

Smash Cadet
Excuse me, but "emo" is a word.

It is a genre of music that dates back to the late 80's - early 90's.

The media abused the term enough until it became something it's not (like that doesn't happen all the time).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo = history lesson.
Actually no, it isn't a genre of music. The bands that are mentioned in the wikipedia link actually reject the term. Watch this
Thats Ian Mackaye of Embrace (The Teen Idles, Minor Threat, Fugazi) giving his thoughts on this so called 'genre of music'. Dont watch it if you find swearing offensive!
Another thing to look at, "Where the term emo actually originated is uncertain, but members of Rites of Spring mentioned in a 1985 interview in Flipside Magazine that some of their fans had started using the term to describe their music. "
There is another pioneer of the "genre", the term was started by fans, not the musicians. Emo is and never will be a genre accepted by anyone other than fans in need of silly labels and the media.
Im sure you would agree as you seem like someone who understands the bull**** the media can come up with. You were already aware that the media took the term way out of proportion, but now you should realise it was never a legitimate term to begin with.

Sorry to go so off topic.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
What a horrible term. Emo is a something that is pointless made by cliques and aserine people. There are two things I consider when using the term. There is the "emo" trend (Which I will never understand; if it's rock music with melodies and guys with a very limited range in vocals, its simply just garbage or soft rock. Clothes are just clothes. Wearing a cap makes me automatically a jock and wearing a pink shirt makes me gay and making me wear a bandana means I'm a gangster. Sheesh! Let me wear what makes me feel comfortable about myself. Being sad all the time is just sad. There is happiness to sorrow so emo doesn't refer to just one human feeling. That makes it a hypocritical of a word.) Then there is the true "esscence" of emo, and that is enveloping one's self with their emotions and feelings. However, it doesn't mean its a bad thing. For what I know, a lot of girls find sensitive guys sexy.

Lone Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Wow

Jeez guys I go inactive for like a month and this threads gets pretty big lol, anyways thanks to everyone who gave thier honest opinions (which some I loved lol) and some were weird, a movie?? Anyways I give the cookie who said my name was badass rofl. Thanks again! :chuckle:

Lone Shadow is a name that only the most badass of people can handle.

Smash Master
Your name is emo. It says you are alone and unnoticable. That's how emos feel.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The only thing I would say is emo here is that you're letting a bunch of strangers decide things for you.

Having no faith in your own decisions is the emo part of this thread, not your name, your name is pretty awesome. (Don't let my opinions change yours though, mate)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't think your name is emo, and in any case, anyone that assumes you're emo for having the name is an idiot and their opinion doesn't really matter.

smash inc

Smash Cadet
Emo isn't a person its a style of music to be exact bands like My chemical Romance.
But i'm called emo myself because of my hair which is pretty stupid because i'm none of that.. i play sports and am very happy person.

Top Bottom