• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Laser Locking and Chain Grabbing cheap?

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
Chainggrabbing is not cheap because you generally get it off due to your opponent missing with a laggy attack or powershielding into sheild grab. That and you can only chain grab them when their below about 45%.

Laser locking is not cheap because it relies on your opponent failing to tech as well as you being in the position to lock them. Basically its your opponents fault to not realize to tech.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
We should have count how many of these threads we have...i'd say at least 20

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Not cheap but it is played out by now although chaingrabbing is a good way to rack-up some damage. It depends on the person/victim.

Rave925

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't have a problem with chaingrabbing, mainly because your opponent can always DI out of it. But, with laser locking I think it's a bit unfair, but hey, if it helps you win that is really all that matters.

SD14

Smash Cadet
it is cheap is some situations if you are playing a noob or something and you do one of them to him it is cheap but if you are playing an experienced player it isnt really "cheap" but annoying. But when falco chains yoshi that is cheap cause there is no counter that yoshi can do at all and it is basically yoshi will start the game at 40% if he doesnt die form the dair at the end

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
laser lock isn't cheap because they shouldn't be lying on the ground at any point to let u do tht...... i guess like, if they stumble out of nowhere and u just so happen to be getting ready to spam laser, then tht would be gay

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
I punch people in the nuts when they lock or chain grab.

If you dont want to get punched, dont leave yourself open.

PCHU

Smash Lord
No, it's not cheap.
It's your fault for being grabbed.
You should be smart enough to dodge that grab.
Spacing is a wonderful thing.
Heck no, it's perfectly fine to chain anyone, because it's fun and it shows them what happens when you get grabbed.
If you're lucky, they miss with the spike at the end.

Laser-locking isn't cheap as well.
They should be a long ways from you to use the laser like that.
So, when they start coming toward you, roll the heck away.
Simple.
Who cares how high a percentage they get you at, you're a good player, you stay away from danger.

Top Bottom