• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is jiggly bad?

Glick

Smash Lord
I guess your right on some parts. Dair barely lands and its mostly used to build up damage. I see a lot of follow ups with nair combos with ness. I've seen some badass ness' maybe thats why I think their not terrible.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
I always thought it was a he in brawl but just look at the new costumes. Melee jiggz is obviously a guy since rambo was a guy and rambo puff cant be a girl. plus melee jiggz was stronger and guys are stronger in general. Brawl jiggz has a sun hat, a flower, a female pokemon trainer hat, and a sleepy cap. I've seen girls wearing sleepy caps I don't know about you.

anyway hurricane ike fights for his friends.
Yeah but his enemys will get no sympathy from him though.

Jigglypuff has a strong recovery. But try to call that useful and believe your own words when she gets starKOed at 80%. Y_Y

pastaboy

Smash Champion
I have some problems with this argument. Ness' dair doesn't land that often, his recovery is close to the worst in the game, some of his moves have decent knockback but he doesn't have very good kill moves, and his air game is only decent. Sure he does have good priority, but his moves don't link together that good and its difficult to follow **** up with ness.

its not hard to follow up with ness, hes one of the best ariel jugglers in the game.
Bad in terms of the actual game? Yes. She basically lost her amazing aerial game and got rest nerfed badly, which means she is now useless competitively..
ummm wut i dont think jigglys ariels r bad at all, they r wut make jiggly so awsome, u have to play patient with jiggs and stey in the air and bait your oppenent to thinking ur vulnerable then *** em up. also i dont think this thread shuld exist>_< its too negative for the jiggly boards which is the last thing they need.

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
is jiggly bad... hmmmmmm lets think about this for a second... YES she has weak attacks no recovery beyond jumping... dies at like 50% damage... Sweet final smash though
... hmmmmmm lol yeah ur right her recovery sucks... and rest is weak... and everybody runs into random smashes... and plays with items

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
ummm wut i dont think jigglys ariels r bad at all, they r wut make jiggly so awsome, u have to play patient with jiggs and stey in the air and bait your oppenent to thinking ur vulnerable then *** em up. also i dont think this thread shuldnt exist>_< its too negative for the jiggly boards which is the last thing they need.
the problem with that occurs when your opponent does the same thing with a toon that has better range with good speed.

Also, you should reread what you said here "also i dont think this thread shuldnt exist>_< its too negative for the jiggly boards which is the last thing they need." It doesn't make much sense.

is jiggly bad... hmmmmmm lets think about this for a second... YES she has weak attacks no recovery beyond jumping... dies at like 50% damage... Sweet final smash though
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no recovery?!?!? lol, jiggs might not have the best recovery in the game anymore but its still definitely one of the best out there. Get outta here kid.

Tyser said:
Jigglypuff is god awful.
qft :)

pastaboy

Smash Champion
hhhahaha yee.... i haz bad grammers, i just ment was for jiggly puff to get better you need more ppl to pkay her and place higher in tournys, having a thread dedicated to claiming how bad she is, is not cool.

Tyser

Smash Champion
i just ment was for jiggly puff to get better you need more ppl to play her and place higher in tournys, having a thread dedicated to claiming how bad she is, is not cool.
As a Jigglypuff main, I think it's fine that people point out that she sucks. She's a bad char but I still play her and place pretty high at local tournaments. The fact that people are trying to say that she isnt bad is why I keep coming back here.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Yeah, I hear ya, its too bad I live 15 minutes away from the best 2 people in the midwest so playing only jiggs in a tournament isn't really the best option if I want to beat them.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Who are the best players in the Midwest? I dont keep up with Midwest Power Ranks if there even is one :-P.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I don't think there are power rankings, but from the results of the last 3 circuit events, Anther is best and Needle of Juntah is 2nd best. Then probably Overswarm or somthing.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
glick its not closed because i asked a question and the other one was a joke.

Tyser

Smash Champion
^ Tears are for queers is what you meant. Tiers actually matter a shit ton in Brawl. A ton more than it mattered in Melee. People who say tiers dont matter (in Brawl) are stupid.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Jigglypuff is god awful.

DevilRyodo

Smash Cadet
She's not as good as she was in Melee, but from what I've seen and played she has the tools necessary to dominate.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
...I've seen and played she has the tools necessary to dominate.
^That part was sarcasm, right? I am not good at detecting online sarcasm.

Tiers really aren't the end all be all when you figure in match ups and player skill.
Well, this statement is proven false with Jigglypuff in SSBB...there IS a reason Meta-Knight and Jigglypuff are on near-opposite ends of the tier list.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I woulnt say jigz is outright terrible but the honest truth is, she`s bad. Cons far outweigh the pros, and that plays a huge part in brawl.

Reason alot of people are switching mains or additionally learning one of the more advanced, higher on the tier list characters that have far fewer cons & more pros.

You can kick some *** as jiggz now. But its harder to play as flawlessly as you need to be in order to win as her all the time everytime, in comparison to a high tiered character.

One of the most enjoyable characters to play with on brawl though. So I stick with maintaining jigglypuff as one of my better characters that I have at my disposal.

Glick

Smash Lord
So I think I'm officially not playing jigglypuff for a while. Besides me not having a wii I want to try other characters and jigglypuff just plain sucks. Her redeeming factors aren't even that redeeming.

I'm still going to main jigglypuff after this all but If I want to play competitively with pros, then I'm going to have to learn a character thats good. I've always said that I also main Kirby, but I really don't even play him outside of tournys. D3 or MK would be fun to pick up. I think that I wont play them unless they have more then two jumps.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I think you should get good with all 3 of those Glick. Cover all you're bases that way. I'm pretty much the same way though, I love the multiple jump characters.

Top Bottom