• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is jiggly bad?

Amide

Smash Lord
So I think I'm officially not playing jigglypuff for a while. Besides me not having a wii I want to try other characters and jigglypuff just plain sucks. Her redeeming factors aren't even that redeeming.

I'm still going to main jigglypuff after this all but If I want to play competitively with pros, then I'm going to have to learn a character thats good. I've always said that I also main Kirby, but I really don't even play him outside of tournys. D3 or MK would be fun to pick up. I think that I wont play them unless they have more then two jumps.
This character doesn't have more than 2 jumps, but his recovery is good... You should main Wario for tourneys. he's essentially a better Jigglypuff.

eongilth

Smash Apprentice
I know this is old, but I have to say it: jigglypuff isn't even usable anymore. She doesn't just suck a little; she sucks a lot. It's hard to play with her offensively anymore, maybe even impossible most of the time... it's so sad.

Unless two game-breaking strategies come out for her that can be used on almost every character (yes, two, because one isn't good enough), I doubt that she even deserves to be moved up a few spots.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
you suck at this game if you can't do **** with jiggs... she definitely belongs in mid tier and you should be able to beat all scrubs regardless of what toon they're playing as. Like NoJ is the only G&W I've ever lost a tourney match to and Vidjo and Rofa are the only MK's I've ever lost to and and I think all the matches went 1-2.

Like seriously, sure jiggs blows, but stop johning and just ****ing get better at this **** game. I doubt you play with any seriously good players, and you seriously should be able to beat anyone around you with like any character in this game. Tiers only matter to a large extent if both people playing are upper level players and then tiers generally matter less at the top level of play, well except maybe MK, he's gay. Like I could probably go to where you live and **** everyone there with C. Falcon without having a problem.

Ulevo

Smash Master
you suck at this game if you can't do **** with jiggs... she definitely belongs in mid tier and you should be able to beat all scrubs regardless of what toon they're playing as. Like NoJ is the only G&W I've ever lost a tourney match to and Vidjo and Rofa are the only MK's I've ever lost to and and I think all the matches went 1-2.

Like seriously, sure jiggs blows, but stop johning and just ****ing get better at this **** game. I doubt you play with any seriously good players, and you seriously should be able to beat anyone around you with like any character in this game. Tiers only matter to a large extent if both people playing are upper level players and then tiers generally matter less at the top level of play, well except maybe MK, he's gay. Like I could probably go to where you live and **** everyone there with C. Falcon without having a problem.
Bowyer hit the nail on the head. For once he isn't promoting spam, and you should pay attention to what he's saying.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
LOL, a lot of people have been agreeing with me lately, it's pretty funny actually... but yeah, I'm always right.

eongilth

Smash Apprentice
Dear sweet jesus. Do I detect some hostility?

I didn't say that I couldn't beat anybody with her. I'm saying that she is an utter disappointment. I admit, I'm a n00b, and I probably do suck now, but even the dumbest n00b can see that she fails at this point in time.

Regardless, that is exactly why I'm going to main her.

tyler___

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Jiggly is not uber high tier...But why the hell isn't everyone playing MK then if they 'bads outweigh the goodses'. You should play this game to enjoy it and frankly Jiggly is not very bad.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Dear sweet jesus. Do I detect some hostility?

I didn't say that I couldn't beat anybody with her. I'm saying that she is an utter disappointment. I admit, I'm a n00b, and I probably do suck now, but even the dumbest n00b can see that she fails at this point in time.
I'm not hostile towards you... I just post what's on my mind... and I'm tired of scrubs saying the reason they're losing with jiggs is because jiggs sucks, when the real reason they're losing is because they just suck at this game, like once you stop making excuses, you'll start to get better, but not until then.

I'm an ******* on the boards, but if you actually listen to what I'm saying, instead of getting pissed off that I'm calling you out, you will get better at this ****ing game. I want to help people, but like I like having fun with it, so get over it.

PND

Smash Champion
Does Jiggs suck? In comparison to melee? Yes. In general? No. I firmly believe she should be higher-low tier to bottom of middle, and Azen has said that he agrees Jiggs should be moved up. She's a character of extremes, though. She has extreme shortcomings and extreme strengths, so playing with her is a matter of learning how to use those strengths to cover the weaknesses to the best of your ability.

Bowyer: I heard Anther is considering making the trek up to Only In Niagara in November. Are you? I'd love to have a few matches.

PND

Smash Champion
:confused: It's being hyped that he planning to go. I don't know the specifics. But you should come anyway.

Deidara~Tail~

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least expect, and don't say "unde

Bowyer, this is like the greatest thing you have said for a long time. I salute you, sir.

Jiggly may not be great, but she's better than a majority of those low tiers.

eongilth

Smash Apprentice
Wow. This has got to be one of the most "elitist" communities I've ever been to. It's obvious that none of you want another person to come onto these boards. It was a pure gang bang against me ever since my first post.

Now I think I remember the reason why I stopped coming here after my first post back in '05. I looked at how people treated the newbies, and it was completely atrocious. There is a fine line between a newbie and a n00b, but here, it doesn't really matter. I can understand this kind of behavior in ED, but not here. It really sucks.

I have been playing as jigglypuff since the N64 version came out, and let me tell you; she has fallen very far from what she used to be. I don't care what you say until you show some proof that she can come in first place in tournament levels where everybody has the same playing skill.

Also,

Like I could probably go to where you live and **** everyone there with C. Falcon without having a problem.
What the ****? I don't even know you, and you instantly say that you can **** everybody that I know with bottom tier? Even if it was true, that is a nasty thing to say. Even if the was some sound advice in anything you've said, it's not like I'm going to take it seriously.

Sorry for stating my opinion. Believe me, I won't be doing it again.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
OMG, why don't you stick around to ***** and whine more.

Seriously, stop taking every ****ing thing I say so **** personally. Like I'm sorry you're butt hurt but you are missing everything I'm trying to say to you. I've said it before:
Bowyer said:
I'm an ******* on the boards, but if you actually listen to what I'm saying, instead of getting pissed off that I'm calling you out, you will get better at this ****ing game. I want to help people, but like I like having fun with it, so get over it.
The point is, nearly every scrub out there who plays a bad character, sits there and johns about how the reason they lost is because they were playing that character. As long as those people sit there and make excuses, they will continue to lose over and over, thinking they're playing good, but in reality, there are a ****ing million things they are doing wrong but they will never see that.

I take offense that you assume you and your friends could beat my Captain Falcon, lol. I can beat legitimately good people (not amazing people, such as anther, because its hard as hell to beat them even when using good toons, lol) who are using good characters with C. Falcon, get over it, the point is, if you become a very good player and the people around you aren't amazing, and you don't john the **** up, you can beat good people using ****ty characters.

The tier list by no means that characters in high tier or top tier will always beat mid and low tier characters. when your level of play is low/decent as well as when your level of play gets near the top, the tier list generally gets less and less important (except maybe in the case of MK because he's broke as ****).

In conclusion (lol, I feel all warm inside for saying that) unless you are very good, you have absolutely no base to say that jiggs sucks, (even though its true), because the matchup ratio between two ****ty people at even levels of play is like rarely worse than 40:60, which is a decent ratio even for the guy on the short end of the deal.

Also, I don't want the word "elitist" ever used again on the jiggs boards. If you have a problem with someone who is better than you, saying that they're better than you, then just work your ****ing *** off to get better than them, don't just sit on your *** complaining about it all day. ******* scrubs who say elitist all the ****ing time never get better and are seriously annoying as hell. Everyone starts off terrible at this game, and while some people legitimately suck and there is nothing they can do about it, most people can get better if they ****ing try to learn how to be a better player.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
That was long, lol. If the last post seems like I'm really pissed off, it's because I'm really pissed off about **** not smash related.

I can understand this kind of behavior because I have ED.
You have ED? That sucks dude, lol.

eongilth

Smash Apprentice
This tread is about to get locked soon, so I'm going to say this.

You win, Mr. Breyer. K?

Glad that's settled.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff, I thought was terrible until I played as her. She's decent. Certainly not bad enough to be called terrible.

PND

Smash Champion
So Bowyer. You should totally come to the Niagara tournament and own us Canadians. Totally. And feel free to bring as much MI smashers as you want. Free money, right? Like taking candy from a baby. . . >_> Plus, it's not like there wouldn't be money matches and stuff to finance it. <_<

[/pestering]

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, that's 5 hours away and I don't really like playing smash like all day long... tourneys as of late kind of bore me, and like all I really enjoy playing as of late is C. Falcon... so it doesn't really sound like something I want to do, lol.

Smady

Smash Master
Every low tier character has a thread like this.

Yes. Jigglypuff is bad. She was nerfed horribly from Melee. That's not to say you can't help raise her game, but you won't win any big tournaments with her unless you, or someone else, makes a flabbergasting relevation about her meta-game.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
What?!

Picking up other floaties like kirby or metaknight isn't hard at all when you've been using jigglypuff. Multiple jump mind games and WOP is pretty consistent.
She is pretty worthless against them, and it gets harder as you get better... But it is easier to pick up other floaties (I prefer Marth because he's a mid-floaty, he avoids a lot of chain grabs like that) and many of these counter Jigglypuff's weakness...

Top Bottom