• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it possible to...

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I decided that I am going to main sheik for the upcoming tournament Event 52 in the midwest, seeing as how I have little time to get better and sheik would probably be the easiest.

So, I would like to know,
1. Is it possible to jab fox/falco out of firefox/falco?

Jab out of firefox, then while they are trying to recover again using firefox you drop down and f-air. This could be done using needles but I'm just trying to find out what options I have.

2. Is there any character you can up throw against where you can combo from it? Such as marth or samus to where you can then f-air?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well for fire fox for spacies I suppose you may be able to land a jab but go with f-tilt its for the most part much easier to connect and it sends them either directly up(no DI or DI towards you) or they have to DI off the stage where you can probably hit them with needles.

You can CG spacies at like 150+ with up-throw :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

But in general no you can't do much out of upthrow. It sometimes makes it easier to tech chase but really it doesn't do much. D-throw is more reliable.

soap

Smash Hero
u can uthrow utilt or uthrow jab regrab spacies at mid percents, but it kinda depends, dthrow techchase is already too good id stick to that

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
1. Is it possible to jab fox/falco out of firefox/falco?
yes, you can. if you time it right.
IF you time it right, it also cancels Marth Fsmash. (should be angled up, though, sometimes, randomly cancels it =P )

2. Is there any character you can up throw against where you can combo from it? Such as marth or samus to where you can then f-air?
Taczero and soap said yes to some possibility,
but i'd say no to general occasions. (meaning there are still some occasions)

i tried a lot, but even space animals can jump out of Uthrow,
also, if they DI wisely, none of your tilts reach without moving yourself to the right place.
OR, because of the weird timing, you might just let them to recover from stun for free.
bascially, you should guess their DI correctly, or guess what is going to happen afterwards.

I'd recommend you to use Uthrow, when you want to suprise your opponent.

Or, when there is a platform, you send your opponent up to the platform from ground level, and follow them up and regrab or hit.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
u-throw fox onto platform after 35 and tech chase with aerials, ideally uair (or u-tilt if it's a low platform/you're lazy or planning something funny or you know they won't cc, etc but mostly stick to aerials) is a really funny trick. i think around 80% it's hard for fox to jump out of the u-throw before you can u-tilt him if he bad dis the u-throw so maybe use that to mess with his brain.

falco if you u-throw him onto platform it's higher percent for the aerials to work because he's a lot fatter than fox so he can cc aerials and stop combos until like 50/55ish or so.

other than fox and falco and platform tech chases and random percentages where tilts after u-throw work i see no reason to use u-throw as a move. it's laggy and low hitstun and bad. d-throw is stupidly good and leads to automatic combos against everyone and it's super easy to tech chase spacies and d-throw is amazing so yeah use it mostly and never u-throw against something like samus or marth you won't get anything because they're too floaty.

enza99

Smash Rookie
1 idk exactly what u mean by jab... but i just needle that stuff =D
2 i dont really kno about uthrow... but sheik can get some really nice d throw combos at least thats what i c seems to happen...

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I agree pretty much with it all. At least against Fast Fallers...I don't really suggest Uthrow, except for Mindgames. Dthrow->Usmash->Fair/Bair/Uair might work. (depending on DI) I also prefer the needle method as opposed to jabbing out of it. Heck, you can get them from far range. If you really wanna get them confused, then use the chain if they're close. It works...as odd as it may sound. (But it's REALLY dangerous.)

Top Bottom