• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is it possible to get melee stages for brawl

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
this may make no sense, but ill throw it out there.

would it be possible to pull a stage from a melee ISO file, and put it on the sd card to replace a stage in brawl's melee stages? so the file on the sd card replaces the stage u select. eg, fountain of dreams to replace the melee kirby stage (cant think of the name)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
In theory it might be remotely possible if the file sizes of the stage are about the same.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
If they're in the same format, which I highly doubt. It's possible, but it hasn't been done, and don't expect it to happen soon. With any luck, we'll see it happen.

Dream Land 64 ftw

timothyung

Smash Ace
Currently the best we can do is to make hacked custom stages to remake them. But when model hacking become possible, and we crack the stages data, we should be able to do that. Replacing the files directly won't work unless the formats are exactly the same, which is not likely. So you have to crack both Melee and Brawl stages to do that.

Ihatecompvir

Smash Rookie
I think killing my friends who've never played Melee on Melee Stages in Brawl would be so rad(POKE FLATS FTW)

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
I liked Melee Hyrule better than Brawl Hyrule. Brawl Hyrule you're just so big for that stage. Characters were smaller in Melee. lol

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
I liked Melee Hyrule better than Brawl Hyrule. Brawl Hyrule you're just so big for that stage. Characters were smaller in Melee. lol
Ah, and then there's this problem. Replacing the Brawl Hyrule with the Melee Hyrule won't fix anything, it's the characters that are bigger. You'd have to make the stage larger.

This would also be true for any hacked stages from Melee, you'd have to make them bigger if you want them to feel like their Melee versions...

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Proper past versions of FD, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, and the Smash 64 stages would make it a perfect game. I'm just hoping there are hackers good enough to find a way to extract and transfer the files, or convert them, or model hack them, or something.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Yeah omg
no more stupid Brawl FD edge
yup, my thoughts exactly. I attempted to remake Melee FD, didn't work. :ohwell:

But it would be nice to remove Hannenbow, Mario Bros. and 75m, and replace them with FoD, Mute City and Poke Floats.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
If we could just slow down and weaken the cars on Port Town, it's sharper textures and wider music selection would be a perfect Mute City replacement for me. But it's still wishful thinking at the moment.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lulz music selection. no one cares about in-game music when you can put in your own.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
lulz music selection. no one cares about in-game music when you can put in your own.
Mute city is an awesome song, it doesn't need to be replaced. Besides, the point of bringing back old stages is nostalgia. That would be lost if you tampered with any of the more "important" elements of the stage, such as its music.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
not only is it nostalgia, but it's because... well you like the old stages, not specifically their music. some people might be all "OMFG DREAMLAND 64" because of how they like the music but I'd rather have it because it's a good neutral stage.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Dream land N64 with Brawl's version of Gourmet Race would be pretty cool...

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
If we could just slow down and weaken the cars on Port Town, it's sharper textures and wider music selection would be a perfect Mute City replacement for me. But it's still wishful thinking at the moment.
lol, I was just thinking that as soon as I made that last post. I really don't know why it hasn't been done, it'd be easier than most of the other crap they've done. The cars in Melee don't kill even at 150%, they could just weaken the cars similarly. Cuz otherwise Port Town has all the elements to make a great counterpick stage.

that whole process is really tedious though. :p

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'd love to do this, but ALL of Melee's Character and Stage files are in the .dat format. If there was a way to extract the data from the stage. I'd help, but I can't.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It probably involves Dolphin's dumping functionalities which I can't use since my computer isn't strong enough. :(

Anyway, I have Melee on my computer and GrMc.dat appears to be Mute City.

I know this since when I open it in Hex Editor Neo, I see things like this at the end:

....ALDYukaAll.G
rdFzeroAdver_lCM
PR_image.GrdFzer
oAdver2_C8_image
.GrdFzeroAdver2_
tlut.GrdFzeroAdv

and it goes on.

Top Bottom