• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it fair to say that Chudat is the best Kirby?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I notice that Chu does a turn around up-tilt on characters instead of the Gonzo combo. What are the advantages to this?
I thought that WAS the Gonzo combo? fthrow uair reverse utilt? I'm pretty sure that it's inescapable for most characters. Doesn't he usually follow up with a bair too? I'm pretty sure the bair and possibly the utilt are escapable, but it requires perfect timing, and if the opponent doesn't know Kirby that well, it's a really good combo.

Whenever I try to do the reverse uptilt on wifi, I end up doing a downwards ftilt >_> it's lame

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
ive always used f-throw, up-air,f-throw,up-air, foward smash on fast fallers. It doesnt work on everyone but it does more damage the the reverse up-tilt. Tho reverse up-tilt can hit more people.

Edit: looked it up, thier both actually called the Gonzo combo. I just noticed that Chu uses the reverse up-tilt instead of following with the grabs on Snake, who i thought could be grabbed again. I guess he can't be, i just dont play any good snakes.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ive always used f-throw, up-air,f-throw,up-air, foward smash on fast fallers. It doesnt work on everyone but it does more damage the the reverse up-tilt. Tho reverse up-tilt can hit more people.
By fast fallers, do you mean they input fastfall? I've never understood that. Anyway, I generally try that combo on heavier characters like Snake, and it works best on Wolf/Fox/Falco. It is extremely easy to do on them, but on some others it can be hard.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
yea pretty sure it only works on the spacies as inescapable, but when you mix up the combos sometimes u can pull some more off.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
sometimes its better to do a fthrow, uair, and aerial chase instead of falling and utilting
Or fthrow->fair wall of pain, particularly off the edge of the stage, for potential gimps.

Or bthrow->bair wall of pain, but that's harder to do, bthrow seems to be more vertical than fthrow

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, i think i'm probably the 3rd, 4th, or 5th best kirby in the world; Everytime i go on wifi i always win atleast 10 matches in a row with my blue kirby before soccumbing to a fluke. All of this talk of rankings just makes me wish that brawls online was like mario karts online...oh well.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
No offense but wifi isn't the best way to gauge your skill. You should probably try and play some in person matches.

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking about that, you're right I never really win in a one-on-one no items match but i always win wi-fi, i do beat my relatives on one to one but they're not exactly pros..the main reason as to why i think i'm a really good kirby (probably 11th or 12th concidering new thoughts) is because i've been playing with him alot since the very first smash.

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see some of his vids actually, i always here about how good he is but I never see him in action, i'll check the videos thread.

EDIT: I PM'd you smash GOD, if thats what you meant by MM.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Sychu, y dont u go to some local tourneys then, Kirby can use all the representation he can get. Plus if ur as good as u say u are then u might even money

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Sychu, y dont u go to some local tourneys then, Kirby can use all the representation he can get. Plus if ur as good as u say u are then u might even money
Money isn't a verb!!
:p

But yeah, going to a tournament is the best way to wake yourself up out of any misunderstandings you might have of what it means to be the "best" >_<

People at tournaments generally play completely differently from anything you see elsewhere...they play to win, and only to win. (some of them)

Sychu

Smash Apprentice
Hmm..maybe i'll look into it, smash god already wants to face me in a tournament but i never have the energy to attend those events. I'll definately concider it though, Kirby sure can use alot more exposure then he already has and i do happen to like money ^$^.

Edit: I'm sorry if i pissed off anyone by proclaiming myself 3rd-5th, i was very sleepy at the time and had been away from the smash community for like halph a year.

PinkMarshMallow

Smash Apprentice
I recently went to a torney, well my first one :p but I was surprise how well I did even though I didn't rank top 8 but rank 3 in doubles :chuckle:, I saw KoreanDJ faytmaker memphischains other great players which all was awesome! It cool to face ppl offline and meet them in person!!!

OverLade

Smash Hero
o_O that's the best in the state? Chudat made that Snake look horrible lol

In other news, I played Master_raven because I asked for a "really good meta knight player" in allisbrawl, and now I finally see why MK is top tier. He's unstoppable. I got 3 stocked half the time, 2 stocked a lot, and I occasionally brought him down to 1 stock. He may be a better player than me, but the difference shouldn't have been THAT huge ._.
Raven is one of if not the best MK in florida. That's why people complain about MK. If a MK player is good, then half the cast is absolutely useless against him.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Raven is one of if not the best MK in florida. That's why people complain about MK. If a MK player is good, then half the cast is absolutely useless against him.
It seems like everyone in Florida can beat me...but not by a large margin. I'm looking at you, Deg, ShadowDragon, Master Raven :)

Someday soon I will actually win >_>

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Chudat's kirby is too good... I'd like to think my kirby is good, but I got wrecked by omni's meta... -_- The recent C3, I placed 9th though. I ended up losing to Azen and Omni (though i came close to beating Azen's lucario, He owned me with peach). So I think my kirby is ok.

Oh and I kirby dittoed Chu at his final bi-weekly in tourney... I lost one stock low % both times.

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
Chudat is like the worst Kirby I've ever seen. He doesn't even know how to do the combo that like only I know about, ok? jeez, chudat is terrible. :D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Chudat is like the worst Kirby I've ever seen. He doesn't even know how to do the combo that like only I know about, ok? jeez, chudat is terrible. :D
Chudat fails at doing the "Hi!" taunt enough.

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
That's my favorite taunt!!!! Obviously I am pro and chudat is terrible. Btw, the secret combo is 2 utaunt -> 1 l/rtaunt -> 15 dtaunt. 0-death combo for sure.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
That's my favorite taunt!!!! Obviously I am pro and chudat is terrible. Btw, the secret combo is 2 utaunt -> 1 l/rtaunt -> 15 dtaunt. 0-death combo for sure.

lol, old. Auto 3 stock is the secret u,d,l,l,l,l,r,r,r,u,u,d,u,d in .5 seconds.... it works.

OH Jtowns, can you come to gnt in norfolk this saturday? Were trying to get sova on the map. Chudat might even be there.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185111&page=1

Thats the thread

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
I would if I had a ride. If you know any SoWVa people that are going, tell them to send me a message. I'd be happy to come play you guys! Tbh, I don't really care about Chudat is going to be there, because you're all going down! :D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
o.O i live in florida!
Is that a challleeeeeeeeeennngeeee?

By the way, watch my "combo" video plox people, I don't want to make a whole thread dedicated to it, but noone's looked in the "NEW kirby video archive" since I posted it :(

It's in my sig --V

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lol MD/VA >>>>>>>> SoCal. not even debatable
It's depressing. I used to live in Connecticut, which is close to a lot of tourneys.

Now I live in Indiana, which is crap.

If I still lived in CT, I probably wouldn't be traveling anyway.

I guess it's lucky that I live ONE MINUTE AWAY from a local tourney in IN though. That's pretty epic luck.

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
well im new to this site, you'll be seeing my kirby soon, and ive seen these top ones fight, im up there ill make some vids for ya, not combos fights

Top Bottom