• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Diddy easy to master?

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
It shouldn't be too hard to improve your game on a pro level. All you really have to do for Brawl is change "unintentional" to "intentional" (reference to my last post) by adding in a few mixups and know what to do from what not do to in a situation and that's it.
Easier said than done.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's easy to get good aty anything when you first start out, it's harder to become great when you're already good.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
It's easy to get good aty anything when you first start out, it's harder to become great when you're already good.
its like guitar hero. **** load of people play on expert but actually getting the highest possible score on expert is another tier of people

BkMan

Smash Cadet
to be honest didy wasnt that hard to master all i needed to learn was how to glide toss and that took me a day to master

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
haha I don't see how glide tossing is even that hard learn, and no I don't think diddy is hard to "master" but I do think he requires a lot of effort in his matches to play correctly. That is, if your going against a player who knows what they're doing.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
haha I don't see how glide tossing is even that hard learn, and no I don't think diddy is hard to "master" but I do think he requires a lot of effort in his matches to play correctly. That is, if your going against a player who knows what they're doing.
Glide Tossing isn't even the half of it. Also I fail to see the difference between using him correctly and mastering him.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
We are talking on a pro level here. On a pro level you can say that about a bunch of players.
it's harder to become great when you're already good.
Yea, and not to be mean or anything but going only from vids and tourny results I only count about 5 Pro/Great Diddy Mains including myself, if I actually still played Brawl.

-lee-

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Yea, and not to be mean or anything but going only from vids and tourny results I only count about 5 Pro/Great Diddy Mains including myself, if I actually still played Brawl.

-lee-
I don't get it, why does it matter how many there are. Also, I didn't know you mained Diddy:)

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
I found i mastered him prettty quick took me 2 and a half weeks and i managed to 3 stock my mates DDD the other day but then i'm a toon main and alot of toon stuff helped me with it and it wasnt easy but then i got quite alot of spare time now ^^ so i probs got twice the amount of time some ppl have

TheEliteSmasher

Smash Cadet
I found i mastered him prettty quick took me 2 and a half weeks and i managed to 3 stock my mates DDD the other day but then i'm a toon main and alot of toon stuff helped me with it and it wasnt easy but then i got quite alot of spare time now ^^ so i probs got twice the amount of time some ppl have
Of course you mastered him in 2 weeks. Learn how to use them right and you win every match. Takes so little skill

CrAzYdRuNk

Smash Cadet
Just because you can beat some person doesn't mean you've done everything you can do with Diddy.

Watching guys like ADHD, NinjaLink, etc you find out that Diddy really has more to him then just bananas, glide-tossing, and dash-attack.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
No character is easy to master. You just have to work your way up to mastering your character by knowing all of their moves and stuff like that.
I agree here, I would say at this point in brawls life nobody has ANY characters mastered. I can see the possibilities with a character like diddy but as far as I have seen nobody is there yet.

edit: Seriously you guys stop posting that you have diddy "MASTERED". Arrogant much?

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I agree here, I would say at this point in brawls life nobody has ANY characters mastered. I can see the possibilities with a character like diddy but as far as I have seen nobody is there yet.

edit: Seriously you guys stop posting that you have diddy "MASTERED". Arrogant much?
Couldn't have said it better myself.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Mastering Diddy would mean knowing what to do in every situation to avoid getting hit and landing a hit against every character and their aspects, Knowing just about every mind game you could pull off in any situation without getting damaged, and being able to do all the technical things without messing up. Sounds pretty tough to me.

A game doesn't have to be melee to be hard. Starcraft is a lot harder than melee in terms of skills. So I guess melee isn't hard by that argument. I'm pretty sure the "pros" have a hard time beating their opponents in the final rounds. Keep in mind Brawl isn't even organized. How are you people establishing pros lol

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Im not being arrogant i'm just saying iv picked up diddy quick cause i took the time and put in the effort i didnt say it was easy...

and i find it takes alot of effort and skill to use diddy thats what drew me to him and OK i may of not "Mastered" him but im dam close so dont call me arrogant when iv put the amount of time i have into my diddy.

and that seems to be the whole point of this thread "Is Diddy easy to master?" conclusion: NO ITS FREAKING HARD!!!!!

Legic

Smash Cadet
I think it was pretty easy to master him, but that was because I put a lot of time and effort in it. Go to training mode and try all possible combo's. Use him a lot in fights. When my friends choose diddy, they aren't that good and say: how do you use him like that? So if you really want to main or use him as a secondary, just use him a lot in fights. In the beginning you might think, he's hard to master but if you keep training with him, you feel like you're getting better and better with him. I'm not being arrogant;)

Count

Smash Champion
Here's sort of a good example of how playing as diddy goes.

http://gamebattles.com/wii/smash-bros/team/count

As a diddy main it takes a bit of playing around to understand what works and what doesn't, and to get out of autopilot mode. I'm not great or anything, but playing wayyyyy less than a lot of other players on that ladder I have surpassed them just because Diddy's learning curve starts out slow then picks up steam, in my experience.

Kofii

Smash Rookie
In my experience as playing as a Diddy newcomer, I'm going to have to agree with Count, you start pretty slow with Diddy, but after you learn how to glide toss you shoot off like a rocket! That is until people gather the patience to see your predictable pattern of glide tossing. Then you have to go back and learn how to "turn off the auto pilot button" (which I'm currently trying to do), re-pick up moves you had from before the banana addiction (I don't think anyone else had this problem other than myself), and learn to set up mind games. That being said I think he's one of the hardest to master because of the idea of setting up mind games and flat out "controlling your opponents movements".

T_E_S

Smash Rookie
What could possibly be hard about spamming bananas?

Down b and you master diddy.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What could possibly be hard about spamming bananas?

Down b and you master diddy.
Lol. You must really hate Diddy if you'd waste an account to flame here.

white peachy

Smash Ace
This topic is really silly. No he isn't easy to master, although I think that was established within the first 5-10 posts in this thread. I don't think anyone has really mastered diddy yet either to my knowledge. There's numerous techniques that still need time to develop into his metagame, for example side B release to footstool and single naner lock amongst others. Don't get me wrong there's lots of great diddy's but "mastering" a character is a pretty strong idea to throw out there.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Playing Diddy in my opinion would be consider an easy character to pick up considering their are so many basic ideas with such a smash character, but when it comes down to mastering would be one of the hardest with all the options you have for combos and combo use. No matter how frustrated people get bananas are one of the best perjectiles in the game. Don't TRIP!

I've had my share of frustration against Diddy and I main him ;D -Phaty

ADHD

Smash Hero
Playing Diddy in my opinion would be consider an easy character to pick up considering their are so many basic ideas with such a smash character, but when it comes down to mastering would be one of the hardest with all the options you have for combos and combo use. No matter how frustrated people get bananas are one of the best perjectiles in the game. Don't TRIP!

I've had my share of frustration against Diddy and I main him ;D -Phaty
Ban this noob.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Thanks for all the opinions, I really didn't expect people to be saying that they have mastered Diddy. I think that is pretty aragont for people to think they are even close to the pros.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Thanks for all the opinions, I really didn't expect people to be saying that they have mastered Diddy. I think that is pretty aragont for people to think they are even close to the pros.
This site is full of arrogance if you haven't noticed.. really annoying tbh.

But to answer your question i think Diddy is one of the most technical characters, thus hard to get good with. I think some people need a refresher on the definition of "mastery".

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
This site is full of arrogance if you haven't noticed.. really annoying tbh.

But to answer your question i think Diddy is one of the most technical characters, thus hard to get good with. I think some people need a refresher on the definition of "mastery".
I havn't really noticed a lot of arrogance here. That's because I came from Gamefaqs though.

Anyways, by mastering I mean being close to as good as the top players. Ninjalink for example.

Top Bottom