• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Diddy easy to master?

awful

Smash Cadet
i recently started playing diddy since ive pretty much mastered lucas

it is very hard to play diddy but combos sometimes do come easy

napZzz

Smash Hero
easy to pick up, but hard to use vs. someone smart who knows the match up IMO.

c3gill

Smash Ace
For a long time I couldnt decide on a 2nd- but as soon as i did (diddy and falco) of the 2 i picked Diddy has been my better one. His agressive and pressuring playstyle was really easy to pick up, and playing with Nanerzzz is just like throwing around PK Fire (ok not really, but it worked for me :)) I think Diddy is pretty easy to pick up as a 2nd character if your used to playing a fast-paced character, especially one who spams something alot.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
I always thought it went scrub/noob, average, decent, top/master, pro, legend

so thats wat i go by when i say "master" i wasnt saying i could rival ninjalink!!! that guy would destroy me ffs!!! i was just saying i'm good with diddy and that i can use him thats wat master meens over here where i am......

Ice`

Smash Rookie
Im willing to go so far as to say that diddy is the HARDEST to master in todays metagame

D1RE

Smash Cadet
^^ What he said. And perhaps Sonic. IC's also have some difficult stuff. Those three perhaps? Depends on your playstyle and strengths I guess.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
gannondorf is pretty hard to use acctually mainly chainchoaking, super gannon jumps, tipmaning and thunderstorming (for ppl without a sense of rhythm is hard).

c falcon in a way is difficult (haveing pretty much everyone in the game with an advantage over him dont help much)

but technical skill goes to diddy(you should all know why), ics(cause of their grab combos), lucas(he is hard to get a hold of he has no probs killing but he is tricky and you can only say otherwise when you can zap jump 30 times in a row), dorf(see the above) and toon link (it isnt as easy as it looks useing him his spam has strict timeing you have to mindgame into the kill and be patient and it can be hard to keep perfect spaceing against marth,oli,MK,snake etc and im just saying toon is hard cause im a toon main).

my thoughts no one elses.

Nic64

Smash Lord
hay guys I mastered diddy in leik 5 minutes

in all seriousness I think diddy is one of the hardest characters to master, I think him, snake, peach, and ZSS are probably the hardest of viable characters, they all have a lot of unusual quirks in their playstyles that make them a lot harder to use interchangablely than other characters, some characters you can pick up really quickly and because of their similarity to everyone else, be almost as good at them as characters that you've been using a lot longer...diddy is not one of those characters

Count

Smash Champion
hay guys I mastered diddy in leik 5 minutes

in all seriousness I think diddy is one of the hardest characters to master, I think him, snake, peach, and ZSS are probably the hardest of viable characters, they all have a lot of unusual quirks in their playstyles that make them a lot harder to use interchangablely than other characters, some characters you can pick up really quickly and because of their similarity to everyone else, be almost as good at them as characters that you've been using a lot longer...diddy is not one of those characters
Good post. Another character I think that is difficult to pick up is wario. I feel like you have to completely change your mindset to play as him, I tried to second him then I gave up. I've always gone straight diddy I fail hard at playing as other chars.

At some point I might try to pick up a char with a small learning curve (gnw?) but I dunno going straight diddy is pretty sweet also.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Diddy is hard to master. His options are vast lol, I learned that using him at No Koast for the first time seriously (I used him in friendlies, never in tourney though and not that good).

Top Bottom