• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Irrefutable Proof that Ganoncide should result in a win

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Go do it in the PAL version of the game. Results in a win.

The PAL version can be considered a bugfix, can it not? Are not bugs and glitches fixed in later releases? This without any doubt whatsoever shows that Ganon losing or tying was not intentional, but merely a bug or programming oversight.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I'm from Europe thus I have the PAL version. However, Ganoncide resulting in win has never ever happened to me, but losing because of it has happened very often.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Huh. Maybe I jumped the gun on this.

Maybe was a glitch in the emulator. Was testing version differences.

*sigh* My bad, jumped the gun. If I can replicate the win again, I'll be sure to post a video.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I dunno what the rules are for you guys in Europe, but in America, if you Ganoncide last stock, you win.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I have the PAL version, and I've had ganoncide Sudden Deaths..

I dun get

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I think someone did testing on this a while back. As far as the game reads it, a Ganoncide with both users on their last stock will never result in a win for the attacker, and will randomly go into sudden death or give a loss for the attacker. I remember reading that port priority had nothing to do with it (or very little).

I forget which thread that was in or who did the testing, but I'll try to find it. Maybe someone else remembers it as well.

:034:

TP

Smash Master
For NTSC, port priority is the prime factor. If you are the lower port, you will almost always go to sudden death, and on rare occasions you will lose. If you have the higher port, you always lose.

If PAL let's you win, I'd love to see proof.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
For NTSC, port priority is the prime factor. If you are the lower port, you will almost always go to sudden death, and on rare occasions you will lose. If you have the higher port, you always lose.

If PAL let's you win, I'd love to see proof.
Okay, I'll try N find a match were I win by Ganonciding.
If I can't find one, I'll save the replay the next time I do it.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Well, in theory Ganon should win. Since the opponent is below him when they crash to the bottom of the screen.
But I have Ganoncided into all 3 options.

rangaDORF

Smash Cadet
I'm from australia =pal and I've never won when ganonciding only sudden death and loseswhich is absolutly ridiculous ganondorf grabs his opponents head and slams them into the depths of the earth. How can that possibly not be a win?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just sort of hard evidence for anyone who says otherwise. I don't think it matters too much in tourneys, just most of the people I play friendlies with act as if it's a loss for me. Sorta gets annoying.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I dunno what the rules are for you guys in Europe, but in America, if you Ganoncide last stock, you win.
Woefully, the rules are in actuality not airtight enough to guarantee this.

The SBR official ruleset at this time only says that if a Ganoncide would result in a sudden death, instead it results in a win.

This makes Ganonciding on the last stock even more insanely random than before. And this is because, apparently, the SBR still didn't get that Ganoncide can cause either a loss or a sudden death (even after Twilight Prince told them!).

All I say is Ganon should get the same logic as Bowsercide. And it that logic is that Ganon always loses, fine. Or if we remove this stupid rule that does nothing but literally break the meta-rules of FTG rulemaking, and put Bowser back as he is in the game, fine. Just pay attention to what the move does, please.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Must just be my region then. In all the tourneys here, the ruleset is:

Bowsercide or Ganoncide: Whoever initiated the move wins.
Swallowcide or Kirbycide: If it ends in a tie, whoever initiated it wins.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
I know this thread is really old, but I tested this today on NTSC and it appears that sudden death happens more often (if not always) when Ganon is P1 and losses happen more often if Ganon is P4.

Can we take a look into this?

Top Bottom