• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Bring a Melee setup dude, there are plenty of Brawl setups coming.

I believe both Melee (as well as Brawl) will have singles and doubles.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
we might be running a little late.

joker is there any chance that we could maybe get melee money collected for singles(thats what i think we should do first) and then we can start making a bracket? you know you can trust echo myself and uli that we will pay you as soon as we get there.

i think we should try to start melee singles by 8

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@ Joker: Do you need me to bring a Wii/Gamecube and Brawl/Melee, or are there enough setups?
Also, @ whoever: Is it Melee Singles or Doubles or both?
Well the more the better. It certainly couldn't hurt and yes both.

we might be running a little late.

joker is there any chance that we could maybe get melee money collected for singles(thats what i think we should do first) and then we can start making a bracket? you know you can trust echo myself and uli that we will pay you as soon as we get there.
Its cool

i think we should try to start melee singles by 8
sure why not.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
SHOUTOUTS!!!

Joker- Good setups man! Well organized tourney man. Can't wait till next month.

Bonehimer- Great times with the camera man. Hope to see that montage up soon.

JBM- Great MM. Ton of crazy $hit in our matches.

Echo- You taking 2nd at your first Brawl tourney is some $hit.

Uli- Great seeing you again and getting to play those 2-D fighters man. We should nerd that new Capcom Vs. game and Blazblue man. We didn't get any pics, but maybe next time.

Kudou-Kun- Good seeing you again man. We need to hang out sometime.

Fall- Good to see you're alive! Haha, but If you wanna play some games or other $hit then give me a call man.

MTKD- You just disappeared after Melee Singles start!

Skizm- Finally got my $hit back!!!!

All Ames and Ankeny- Good $hit! Hope to see all you guys the next time.

I was G~ReG at the tourney. I just felt like doing something new. :D

Also I'm going to DMACC this fall and I'm wondering who else is going there cuz I might start up some Smash tourneys up there.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Tourney Results

Brawl Doubles:

1 Fist Of Fury(Saian/XAI) :mario2::luigi2:

2 Knightmares(Joker/Skizm) :snake::gw:

3 Port City(Mara/Se'kou) :metaknight::mario2:

4 Proficient(-BC-/CBK) :diddy::pikachu2:

5 Team America(Jake/Brenton) :metaknight::kirby2:

5 Doulbe Dragons(JB/Jlo) :wolf::peach:

7 Team Seaking(Yoon/Sfor) :metaknight::snake:

7 Knee Of Justice(G-reg/J.C.) :falcon::marth:

9 Man and Machine(Bonehimer/Elfen Lied) :rob::marth:

9 Ames(Andy/Voz) :wario::lucario:

9 Black Knights(Hayate/Kudou-Kun) :falco::rob:

9 iVangs(Pong/Aegis) :pikachu2::lucas:

Brawl Singles:

1 Joker :snake:

2 Echo :marth:

3 Bonehimer :rob:

4 Flow :metaknight:

5 Jake :metaknight:

5 Andy :wario:

7 Hayate :falco:

7 -BC- :shiek:

9 SAIAN :mario2:

9 Jizm :gw:

9 XAI :luigi2:

9 JLO :peach:

13 Sfor :snake:

13 CBK :pikachu2:

13 Voz :lucario:

13 G-rag :falcon:

17 Pong :pikachu2:

17 Aegis :lucas:

17 Yoon :metaknight:

Melee Singles:

1 Echo
1 JBM

3 V2K

4 Joker

5 kiwi

5 Fall

7 Jizm

7 Uli

9 8013

Four in the morning to tired I'll do shout outs when i get some sleep :tired:

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Just got back, my hands are still aching in pain. There were some Smash juggernauts in the house, so I am proud to say I managed to get 3rd place in Melee.

Shoutouts:

Joker - Good job hosting man, and congrats on dominating in Brawl.
Greg - It was good to chill again, haven't seen you since the last Smashfest.
Bruce - Your Fox gets better every time we play, keep it up.
Schism - Thanks for hauling me and my T.V. everywhere, I appreciate it.
Fall -Eh, sucks we never got to play doubles. Your Peach still *****, and that Falco of yours looks improved...
Echo - Long time no see, good stuff in the semi-finals, I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did with those awesomely close matches.
JBM - I'm glad we finally had the chance to play, I have never played that many matches in a row that were so close. And although it's difficult to say, I don't mind being Iowa's second best Melee player (:p). Congrats.
Uli - Some fun friendlies, man. Those Marth dittos were crazy. Glad to have met you.
Kiwi - About time I met you and your crew, you guys really weren't half-bad. I didn't get to play your Pika as much as I would've liked, but there's plenty of time for me to whoop some experience into ya in college.
gantrain - That Melee rust is coming off, albeit slowly. Keep at it!
Andy and the Ames crew: Good to see you all, it was interesting to hear about the current gaming scene up there. Can't wait to be a part of it.
Ankeny crew - Eh, we didn't get to talk much, but still good to see you guys.

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
I didn't enter any of the tourneys, but I went down stairs once in awhile to see how stuff is going and play some melee with Victor and played a few matchs of Brawl with Echo. Hey Echo, the porch light is still on and the electric bill is still going up and its at $23463.34. So, next time you guys come were going to take out 75% out of the POT LOL :laugh:

Don't really have any shout outs because I didn't do anything that much, but Congratulations to the people who got first, second, and third.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Who were the guys who beat Joker n Schism in Teams? LOL Echo played Brawl o.O and got 2nd. Noice.

EDIT: WTF? G-reg went to this tournament?

gantrain05

Smash Master
nice matches guys, 9th with my noob *** peach aint too bad, i'll get ya next time joker, i think my ness got ya figured out, too bad u destroyed my peach tho.

Echo

Smash Champion
Brawl is too good.

Nice meeting some new folks, and as always good to see familiar faces again. I'll definetely show up for the next one.

All the recorded tourney matches are going up, right? Can't wait for those.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Great tourney, I had fun playing Melee, too bad there weren't enough people for Melee Doubles though.
Might have to try out Brawl next time... fear the Yoshi.
Cheers to everyone I played for some great matches.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Shoutouts

Well guys this was a pretty good turnout it was nice seeing everyone again

C.Love: Good **** playing MvC2 and CvS2 should have play some Guilty Gear o.O

Kudou-Kun: Hadn't seeing u for a while u been hiding man, but good thing u came.

Fall: Where there's Melee there's Fall, our matches were to good but i had to pull a freaking M2K

Bonehimer: Good idea with the camera.

MTKD: Thanks for letting me use some of ur set ups.

Echo: 2nd, I told u, Melee or Brawl Echo is just Echo

JBM: It was fun playing u at Melee but i lost my Link touch

Uli: Why is it that i never get to play u more than a couple of games i need to play u more Melee or Brawl.

V2K: T.T u practice all night i only play once before u J/K but those were some fun matches.

BC and crew: We will have those Crew Battles, all in do time

Port City: We didn't got to play u this time around, but nice seeing u.

Ames: I got to plays with some of u but not all.

Anybody i forgot thanks for coming and hope to play u guys in Brawl or Melee.

Also i should have most of the vids by next week or so.

Uli

Smash Champion
GG everyone, i will probably go again!
i will be playing in brawl singles next time XD

Tyser

Smash Champion
If it is before August 25th I can be there. When school starts I wont be going to any out of staters anymore, maybe.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Rofl, that tourney was fun. Hopefully there'll be more. I suck at Brawl. Maybe I should go back to Melee. Good ol' times.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Good games you guys. It is a shame Knightmares didn't win, then I would just brag about how we know we would have won if there was enough time :)... Port City will hunt down Fists of Fury, play them again and put any doubts about us winning to rest. They should have played us seriously in those final 2 "friendly" matches we played before we left. Come on, "Ike and Captain Falcon" then "Marth and Sonic"? None the less, the score is 3 to 2 Port City. Port City is available to beat people down from now until Aug 12, holla at us.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Good matches with everyone, looking forward to the next one. Here is the montage video. It has some brawl some melee.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_CrDQyrZZ1E
hey thanx for the montage, we all get to see my lucas get the backside of falcons foot right in my face lmao. i don't remember who that was, i think capn love, nice shot, but we still won that round =P

gantrain05

Smash Master
Damn, that tournament looked too good. And whose Gantrain? He's johning a lot it seems like.
hey now that stings a bit, but u can't blame me, my name IS john, so it comes naturally, but why weren't you there tyser? u gonna be at the next one?

Tyser

Smash Champion
I really really wanted to be at this one. I planned on coming a few weeks in advance but important stuff with my family came up real suddenly so I had to drop the tournament for that. I can be at the next one if it is before August 25th, which is the first day of school for me; after that I wont do out of state stuff for a little while.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
victor2000 said:
Indeed, we might not be able to make the next one (what with preparing for college) if it's after the 19th.
Tyser said:
I can be at the next one if it is before August 25th

Ok so how about the 22nd, or does anybody have a better date or idea, i'm trying to work this out for Tyser and the ISU people

Tyser

Smash Champion
Uhhh, ISU people start on the 19th. 22nd would probably interfere with that, but Im all good with that date BabyYoker. I pray that I dont get something supposedly important 2 hours before I head out o.O.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
SDSU doesn't start until Sep 4 so we should be able to make almost anything at the end of this month, but we'll probably see you guys at the FFC if you are going the next one as well.

Top Bottom