• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
that was probably the lamest match i've ever seen, and whoever is shouting right into the mic needs to shut their face.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
idk folks if i'm gonna make any brawl tourneys, some **** is going on in my life right now that i have to work out cuz its more important than brawl. sorry dudes.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Alright so this tourny is goin down saturday the 23rd then? :confused:

I hope it is cause that would work out much nicer for me and CBK since it doesnt interfere with school. Plus saturdays u can start earlier which leaves more time for crew battles and such. :laugh:

I believe others would prefer saturday as well... or maybe im wrong? :dizzy:

-BC-

gantrain05

Smash Master
Alright so this tourny is goin down saturday the 23rd then? :confused:

I hope it is cause that would work out much nicer for me and CBK since it doesnt interfere with school. Plus saturdays u can start earlier which leaves more time for crew battles and such. :laugh:

I believe others would prefer saturday as well... or maybe im wrong? :dizzy:

-BC-
i vote for saturday, or else i can't go lol. and i need my rematch on joker, you got lucky punk:laugh:

Tyser

Smash Champion
School ends at 3 or 4 though. Plus you only live 30 minutes away so the drive isnt really much at all and it's a Friday . . .

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
if it's still on friday, then i maybe wont make it due to football. i wont get off till like a good 7:00 or 9:00. so i guess i might have to miss this one

xfacta

Smash Cadet
well my doubles partner has to work till 5 on saturday... so he wouldnt be able to make it till after that

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Tourney Date Friday the 22 or Saturday the 23

Well some guys want it on Friday others want it on Saturday, ok so let's count them up how many want it on Friday and how many on Saturday, and if we hold it on Saturday it won't star until 1'o clock and have people arrive after 12, the reason(if u care) is cause our neighbor got mad at us for parking in front of his mailbox and not getting his mail, so if it's after 1 he should already have his mail deliver and wont have a reason to complain but he's an old timer so yeah.

Anyway start posting witch day u prefer Friday or Saturday and the amount of people you'll be bringing and hopefully we can choose which day by Wednesday.

I'm trying Tyser, but looking back at the post it may be Saturday, I prefer it to be on Friday but we'll see. If u can't make it I may see u on FCC if we can find somebody to drive besides Schism

xfacta

Smash Cadet
well i would prefer this one to be on friday but future ones i wouldnt mind saturday. and my teammate want this one to be on friday.. unless it would start on saturday the same time we usually start because he works till 5 on saturdays

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
for me, on this month, if it's on saturday i most likely can attend, but if it's on friday i could attend but i wouldn't show up till later at night, i'm guessing right now it would be pretty late. for the next few months i would be pretty busy on fridays, since i have football games every friday nights, up till early november. so to me saturday is a day that would fit on my schedule much better, but thats just me

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
ill be down this weekend but ill only be available on friday.havent seen u guys in a while? hows the DSM crew doing?

Tyser

Smash Champion
My plans on Saturday got canceled so I can show either day. Just make up your mind before Wednesday please, BabyYoker.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well Tyser mang thats good to know, that u can attend Saturday is anybody else coming with u, cause JBM said something about not coming, i believe Echo works, so then is Uli coming.

Tyser

Smash Champion
It will probably be only me. I dont know if Yulai works or not on Saturday. Ill have to ask him later today.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
so i found out that on friday, i get off at about 7:30 ish, so if i were to come on friday i would show up around a good 8:00-8:30 ish, at the earlist

you.are.a.tool

Smash Rookie
not that i matter..but yeah, i'm gantrains lil' bro...i was at a tourney a couple months back and such, just joined the boards....O_o i'd have to say sat.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
if it was on saturday, what time would it start since i have a football meeting on saturday morning from like 10:00-11:00 ish. i'm guessing a good noon-ish

Tyser

Smash Champion
Let's throw a football game in after the Brawl Tournament. I havent gotten to poop on that sport in a millenia.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I think Joker said we'd start around 1 PM if we had it on Saturday.
Tyser I haven't played football since I was like 10.
Also I heard Captain Love is going to play in some yugioh thing instead of coming to this. WTF man.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
HOLD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how is Captain Love going to play in some yugioh thing instead of this? the tournys for yugioh aren't on saturday anymore. unless it's not at the west des moines mayham. i'm pretty sure that they're not any regionals, jumps, or anywhere else that i can think of that has yugioh going on.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Should I bring stuff? If you guys want to, I can bring a TV, a Wii, Brawl, a VCR, my stix, and my cock, so yeah.

xfacta

Smash Cadet
hey my teamate is going to try and switch work and hes pretty sure they will let him... so we would both be good for saturday now

Uli

Smash Champion
i can come for sure naoo :3
love you better come, i thought you said yugioh was trash now (but hasnt it always been LOLOL)
i need to poop on you in some EVO games not including BRAAAAAAWLLLL
and take pics :3

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'm assuming it's going to be on Saturday now?
Tyser if you could bring a setup and something to record that would be awesome. Awesome to the max.
Also I believe Love said that Regionals is this weekend or something.

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah looks like its gonna be saturday, so xfacta and -BC- what are we gonna do with crew battles then? have an odd man out? or play with 5 somehow?

§chizm

Smash Lord
yeah looks like its gonna be saturday, so xfacta and -BC- what are we gonna do with crew battles then? have an odd man out? or play with 5 somehow?
If we wanted to do Crew battles we'd have to figure something out due to the fact that most people only seem to be coming in pairs. It would probably have to be Draft crews or something like that unless people just wanted to combine. :080:

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Tourney Date Saturday the 23 at 1:00 pm

Well Saturday it is I'll edit the first page.

Ok guys so the Tourney starts at 1ish so start arriving after 12 and if ur coming before 12 avoid parking next to a mail box, also u can park in my house but leave the far right side open so that my mom has somewhere to park, that being said everything should go down like so:

Brawl Doubles(1:00 pm)

If people need it a break(3:30 pm)

Brawl Singles(4:00 pm)

Melee, well haven't seen anyone talk about it, but I'll have a set up or two(4:00 pm)

Crew Battles after Tourney

Any one who wants to stay after the Tourney is done, ur welcome to stay and play friendlies, me myself i want to play everyone who comes at least once, this way i know who's who for sure.

As set ups go if anyone can bring a complete set(TV, Wii, Brawl) please do. Since we're going to be here longer than Friday it be nice to have set ups for everyone to use for friendlies.

Well guys that's that, hope I didn't miss anything, see you guys on Saturday.

Oh and in the mean time here's a little something ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBTwZPZDsrs

Kudou-kun said:
HOLD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how is Captain Love going to play in some yugioh thing instead of this? the tournys for yugioh aren't on saturday anymore. unless it's not at the west des moines mayham. i'm pretty sure that they're not any regionals, jumps, or anywhere else that i can think of that has yugioh going on.
TAKE THAT!!!!!!There will be YuGiOh Regionals going that day at the west Des Moines Mayhem.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Do you have an idea set up for Crew Battles or are we just going to figure out it when people show up?
Also, are you and I teaming as usual Joker? I wasn't sure if you were going to team with Bone this time or something.
Hopefully with the extra time I'll actually be able to get some friendlies in. I still haven't played a majority of the people that show up to these. :054:

Uli

Smash Champion
TTTAAKKEEE EVERYTHINGGG FROM THE INSIDEEE
ANDD THROOWW IT ALL AWAAYY
CUZZZ I SWEARRR ITS THE LAST TIMEEE
I WONTT TRUSSTT MEE SELLFF WITHH YOUUUU
why yoker why, why did you put that shiit in there haha

on another note, who wants to play some melee :O
ive been playing a lot of brawl lately though, daamnn you tyser...

Tyser

Smash Champion
So Im money matching Hurricane in a ditto and whoever wants to Dedede ditto me, Awesome.
Also, if anyone wants to money match me in a not ditto then that's cool, just holler at me and we'll get done in with each other ;P.
Hey BabyYoker, if it's cool with you, would it be awesome if I played on the TV with my VCR on most of the matches because I want vidjos of my DDD. I like watching myself play. My VCR or your recording shenanigan is fine with me. But it's your call mah.

Top Bottom