• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

PortCity

Smash Ace
I'm not going to be able to show up at all this week. All of you guys get some good practice in and I'll show up this Saturday night.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Counting today it should be 61 days and I will be back in AMERICA!
I'm so HYPE right now 0.0

nvm christian doesn't answer his phone;p

sc2 it is!
sigh man I though you where just going to show up like Greg, Nova, CBK and Kudou where here.

3 Level 9 Ganons in Melee with no Team Attack is ********!!!
^Pick Jiggz, float over the edge, win?
Pff Link did it for me ^.^

Also who's all going to TP tourney o.0

Kuares

Pizza
I should have gotten whoever had that she-hulk on their team.

Gah, once I got to that point in the bracket I was so free. That and in friendlies I got destroyed by Wesker teleports and sentinel drones...ONLY Wesker teleports and sentinel drones. Next time....

Soran

Smash Ace
June 11!? poop.

I'm going to be gone by then. I got sick last Saturday. I'm sorry. I'm still sick sorta.

when is the next time you're going up to Dubuque? Saros is really into Marvel and I just started playing online with random people. On this and BlazBlue.

I have improved vastly- BEYOND IMAGINING!
nah, but I have gotten better. I still need work using assists and using the right ones.
I want to play with you possibly this weekend? Games at my house? idk.
I just have a lot of questions.

CS2 challenge mode has changed and Jin's are easy as ever.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
So I have not been on the boards in like. 2 weeks. sorry, work has kept me uberrr busy. Who is up for games tomorrow from Ames? I should be free around 4-5

BOLT08

Smash Lord
ames is a ghost town
Yeah, welcome to Ames during the summer. It's fantastic. I also discovered I can't do games tonight. But I should be able to do games next week, as I don't think I have to camp for work. So, people hit me up.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
New Rules

When next Joker's is? I need to see all my lovely Iowans again.
When is the next event?
k well I don't think I'm going to have a monthly till late June assuming nothing is going on however I'm having a biweekly on June 4th which I'll probably use to have an MvC3 tourney Brawl it's still going to be there but thinking of using the biweeklys as the MvC3 main tourney day and on the monthlys a side event.

So this means that on the biweeklys people need to bring TV and set ups for it my TV will be used also but I know people don't like it cause the so call "lag" >.< but since is a biweekly they tend to be small so there should be enough space for like 2-3 extra set ups.

On the monthlys Marvel will be there but only one set up and will be using my TV/PS3 this is not up for discussion since Brawl is the main event and I don't want to take any space I could use for Brawl. The reason is obvious but Brawl matches take longer then an MvC3 match so in case anyone was wondering.

For those interested (Joker), Here is the results from our Iowa Monthly with videos of MvC3 WF, LF, GF and SSF4, LF and GF.
http://ngamer3k-stocktank.blogspot.com/2011/05/full-results-iowa-monthly-51411.html

Next one is on June 11. Marvel, SSF4 AE, T6, MK9. Be there!
http://shoryuken.com/f7/6-11-iowa-monthly-series-cedar-rapids-ia-mvc3-ssf4-t6-273564/
I was hoping to see some of your Marvel matches T.T but good **** boding in SSF4.
Also hope I can make this one ^.^

Who is up for games tomorrow from Ames? I should be free around 4-5
I believe Skizm is coming down today you can give a call to JLO he lives in Ankeny now at least I think but if he is you can probably pick him up since it should be on the way. Sekou said he'll be busy till Saturday, Brandon and Colin are at MO so yeah I'll call Dustin if you decide to come also Nova for some Melee<(^.^<)

IMPORTANT

So I updated the rules on the front page check it out.
Some things to note is that even though I'm following most the Unity Ruleset there's a few things I have change or I'm thinking of changing.

One of the main things is that I still kept some of the stages like Green Greens, Jungle Japes and Pictochat now I may take the first two off but Pictochat will stay. Also I changed PS1 and Halbert from Neutral to Couterpick.

"All infinites and chain grabs are legal." - I think I may take this rule off I don't really see why you need infinites to win, idk someone explain why this rule is there o.0

So yeah take a look at the new rules and know that I will enforce the rules there shouldn't be a reason for you to break them and I have friends that attend this tourneys who can be my eyes and ears and they are trust worthy that if they claim someone broke the rules I'll agree with them.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
Yea I'll be showing up later to te bi cuz I work...but on another note I'm pretty jelly that zash is in Japan...so peeks were so going to plan when u get back...lol

Wait there's games today right??

:phone:

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: Aight here is a list of things to remember about the computer.

1) Don't update Windows 7 until you know what you are going to do (product key?, etc)
2) You need sata cables to connect your DVD burner. The one in there now works perfectly fine, it just so happens to be mine :)
3) Make sure the "reset" button on the case works, and that the LED light flashes when the Hard drive / computer is processing.
4) Test out all the USB ports. I know the back ones work, but I didn't test the front ones.
5) Check the front and back audio, I didn't test that either.
6) We need to connect the top fan back up, but that will be later after all is done.
7) I have a spare AMD Athlon X2 4400 Dual Core Processor in my old computer...i THINK it will fit in yours. The cheapest I saw it on the internet was $150. This is probably one of the best processors your motherboard can handle.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.2 GHz Processor

http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Dual-Core-Processor-89-Watt-ADA4200CUBOX/dp/B000FU1ZMC

Your motherboard

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/A8N-SLI Premium/e2435_a8n-sli_premium.pdf

So if you want, we can swap out processors. I get the one that is in your computer now and you give me $75 for the processor. This is only if you are interested.

8) You are right, they do have HDMI to DVI converters, so you guys should be able to get one of them and use that BIG TV as your monitor. You might want to go by goodwill and buy a cheap lcd monitor. I think they are relatively inexpensive, but don't quote me on that. So you can have dual screens if you need it.

9) When you get a chance, slide me $20. That will give me some money to buy more parts and cables and stuff to help the next person who needs it.

10) If you want to do some damage with your computer (you know kill zombies, and blowup stuff in starcraft) you will probably need at least 4 GB more of RAM. I'm not sure off the top of my head what you need, but if you want to get some. You can give me the money and I can go to the store and get some for you after I look it up in the manual.

11) Enjoy your new computer...I know the feeling to finally get something that is fast.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Bpx: Congrats

@Joker: I just read that unity ruleset, you should run 1 tourney "to be eligible" and then change that "all infinites" are legal garbage. That makes Ness/Lucas/Wario USELESS.... NGamer will destroy Bpx at every tourney that has that rule in place, even though Bpx has shown to be better. Yoshi has a standing infinite on Yoshi...I know....Razer used to cheat and do it on me...

Top Bottom