• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Jesus christ so people are now gonna start complaining about recorded matches? The first thing PortCity did when they came to our house was moan and whine about how the matches of the previous tourney hadn't been uploaded yet. We then explain the process we use of recording then ripping.

So i guess we gotta explain the process again.

We record matches.

We ripped them from the discs.

Edit them.

Then they gotta be uploaded.

Our comp is ancient and the process is time consuming. If this videos being uploaded to jewtube so they can sit there for months and only gather 50 views are so important then people should just bring their own recording devices.

Gonna explain the process again, pay attention

We record matches.

Edit them.

Did you guys got it that time? Here it goes again.

We record matches.

Edit them.

One more time.

We record matches.

Edit them.

Did all the whiny children got it now?

/end rant

On other news, just 13 more days till awesome happens.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Nawl, cousin, you don't understand. I'm laughing about the SELECTION of matches. Not the way they were put on there. They were good quality, great sound and everything. And yeah, I actually brought a hard drive thinking that you guys had a capture card, trying to help out the cause (Maybe you guys didn't have a lot of hard drive space...I remembered Joker saying something about needing to burn them to cds...it wasn't obvious that he was not using a capture card.) I was just laughing at the choice of which matches were uploaded to Youtube. The comment "how many hours did you search through" was to tease Joker and say that he cherry picked the matches really well. Remember at the end of the night, I teased Joker about the matches he was gonna put on Youtube. I told him "man, don't just upload the Joker highlight reel". Joker laughed and replied that he had control over what the world got to see. WE ALL LAUGHED, SMILED then left. Don't get it twisted, I'm not mad or moaning, just messing with Joker. Besides, who moans, whines and complains with smiley faces all through their posts? :) It's cool cuz, we are all friends.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
is there any way to get the matches off of the device without ripping them to a disk, such as a usb drive? Then i'd bring my external and encode them and such.

Tyser

Smash Champion
If you want your vids on Youtube to get less than 20 views, bring your own shit. Jesus fuckin Christ new peoples. This is Brawl, vids dont matter too much son. Now go learn some tech skill with some Melee.

gantrain05

Smash Master
If you want your vids on Youtube to get less than 20 views, bring your own shit. Jesus fuckin Christ new peoples. This is Brawl, vids dont matter too much son. Now go learn some tech skill with some Melee.
jeez, a little harsh man, some people just want to see matches they didn't get to see at the tourney, or maybe they want to see their own matches to see where they made mistakes and maybe fix them? vids might not matter to u, but they might matter to someone else.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Jesus christ so people are now gonna start complaining about recorded matches? The first thing PortCity did when they came to our house was moan and whine about how the matches of the previous tourney hadn't been uploaded yet.
i didnt hear complaining. just making fun of the "highlight reel"...which is understandable. I wouldn't want to take time to upload videos of me getting my self wrecked.

rant moar plz

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
tyser u just made my day lololololololol melee FTW

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well Port City sorry about the vids i picked i just use four of them that were in a row so i didn't had to look thru all of them it was like 5ish in the morning so yeah tired, and since they were just friendlies i didn't think it matter which vids were uploaded but if they were tourney vids i put all of them up even if I'm losing otherwise u won't be seeing the matches between me and David(cue) if u don't know him he's from Omaha.

Again sorry for the vids men and hope to see u guys on the tourney.

(9) More Days, get er done.

PortCity

Smash Ace
No real worries man. That is why I put emoticons all through the post so you would know that it was all teasing and nothing serious. I guess I was victim of a biased random sample. None the less, I'll tone down my trash talk / teasing. I'll just try to make sure next time there are no highlights available to be randomly selected out the bunch :-). Seems like there will be a little rivalry going on in the crew battles...I guess it will all be settled then :)

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Tournament Schedule.

Yeah, if I come over, whose Crew and Im in :-D.
U can be with us mang but that crew will be over power.

So yeah just so that u guys know next week start arriving around five or so, i may also start taking entry fees for Brawl Doubles as people show up, b/c that's the first one, this way i can have everything going at 6.

So if everything goes right with time here's the schedule:

Brawl Doubles - 6:00

Brawl Singles - 8:00

Melee Singles Or Doubles - 8:00(check the first page)

Brawl Crew Battles - Depending on time

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
U can be with us mang but that crew will be over power.

Brawl Crew Battles - Depending on time

Lol Wut! Tyser in ur guys' crew? Pshh cheap! Haha :laugh:

We could still do Brawl Crew Battles while Melee is goin... A crew battle only requires one TV. Unless there is someone in the crew that is gonna play Melee, then we would have to wait for em.. ;)

-BC-

gantrain05

Smash Master
sounds good joker, me and my crew might be a few minutes late tho, one of us gets off work at 5:30 so we might be there a little after six, so don't count us out if we aren't there^^

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
sounds good joker, me and my crew might be a few minutes late tho, one of us gets off work at 5:30 so we might be there a little after six, so don't count us out if we aren't there^^
Yeah thanks for telling me, I think what I'm going to do is have u guys or anybody else call skizm on the day of the tourney if they're going to be late , this way i can get ur team name put it on the bracket so that there won't be any stall for time, and when u guys get here just play ur matches

jimbob13ia

Smash Rookie
hey, i'm kiwi's pal, i'll come along to play melee and i'll probably doubles with him for brawl. I'm terrible at brawl and a little better at melee but it should be a good experience. Kiwi's a ****ty pikachu and i beat him every time...jklol ;)

gantrain05

Smash Master
oh joker, i can bring my N64 and smash64, but i don't really have any controllers so that may be a problem for the N64 tourney. i have 2 really ****ty offbrand controllers that i bought off Ebay that i can't even play mario kart with so....if u guys are fine with ****ty controllers lol.

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok, so my doubles partner might not show up now, so if anybody else doesn't have one we could form a team if u want, cuz i really wanna do doubles lol.

Echo

Smash Champion
I'll most likely be there, and I'll try to get the stuff you left in glenwood.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
sup peeps wats new in dsm?im gonna try to host a melee tourny.there aint much places for a venue here so ill do my best.is anybody wanting to go to the chicago tourny in aug. i might go by myself but definitely will go if peeps are wanting to go with me.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
sup peeps wats new in dsm?im gonna try to host a melee tourny.there aint much places for a venue here so ill do my best.is anybody wanting to go to the chicago tourny in aug. i might go by myself but definitely will go if peeps are wanting to go with me.
YO NOVA!!!! You coming down this weekend for Joker's Tourney? I would go with you to Chicago, but I don't know what day I'll have orientation for DMACC! Plus probably have to do some other stuff for college, so don't know yet. I'll give you a call or speak to you in person if I can go. :)

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
hey sluys, you still going to be entering doubles with that wario/zelda team of urs? cuz i want a rematch lol.
Sorry to disappoint, but zelda has taken a backseat. I now play lucario and there may be a sighting of ness from sluys. Don't worry, we'll still bring our A game

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
K, so I will be coming and I'll bring one, maybe two other people. We'll be playing Melee for sure, and I think I'll be the only one playing Brawl. First tournament, so I'm looking forward to getting the **** kicked out of me.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i think we should do brawl doubles and melee preferably singles, but if alot of people show i say we do teams. anybody wanna mm? my falco vs anything.

i love melee if this is on friday i will creep FO SHO!!!

Top Bottom