• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
This tournament might be the smallest Joker Monthly of all time.
Then again, our earlier ones only had like 16-20 people :'(
i hear theres alot of minnesota coming, and theres always the random iowans that show up, it should be a decent sized turnout.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Don't forget Kansas, and maybe Missouri if the rest of them aren't Easter-bogged.

As far as Brawl goes, this is our usual turn-out.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't know what the other MN dudes reasons are, I just know I'm not there because ISU isn't having any college visits this weekend :/

I heard something about a biweekly in IA? I'd like to hit that up amidst some college visiting if possible :D

Triple R

Smash Lord
I think MN just kinda got uneasy about going to a tourny that had a chance of having a bad turnout. Plus we have 2 tournies the next two weekends here, plus we just went to IL last weekend. Gets kinda spendy lol.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I can't house this time guys sorry. Since it is Easter the next day I have family stuff at my place early on Sunday morning.

Kansas: We are always very happy to have all of you, and it would be sweet if you came up still. But at this point is it really worth it? I think we are going to have like 15 counting all of you. I, and everyone else here would love to see and play with you guys, I just don't feel like it would be worth it for you guys.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
aww man. It's a problem when people worry about turn out and so they don't go, meaning less and less people keep coming. vicious cycle and all that.

anyway Connerd and I are coming with my sexy partner JLO. Do you all need a ride, btw? I can bring my awesome smash van if necessary.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Sonic 4 makes me sad.

Its like, if you took all your worst expectations of SEGA attempting a Sonic 4 and made them come true, it would be this game...

The music is the worst. Since when has a Sonic game had music thats actually annoying to listen to?

Trent if you like this game, you're dead to me.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Everyone: GG's matches were fun and I got to play a lot of doubles.

@Fino: Pro Tip- Talk noise during the match, not afterward. Also, don't try to fight me, run away and do not go off stage, neither are profitable for you... :)

@MJG: You have the best comeback skills known to man, I have seen then on the internet, but they are much worse in person. GG's. I think you can work on doubles a bit, but I can't really put my finger on it. I'll think about it and get back to you. Last note PLEASE stop losing to Fino. :)

@Zeton: GG's...you and razor gave Joker and I some trouble.

@Razor: I like teaming with you...I'm dead, 2nd player is dead, 3rd player has 1 stock...and fat DDD is at 298 with 3 stocks left :)...stylized example...but you get the point :) You caught me at a bad moment with that Wario match. I'm not tripping though...when I devote my time to you...we both know what happens to your Wario. Your lead goes from high percent 3 stock....to almost losing with mid-high percent last stock :-D

@Joker: Not bad...I have to take a break until I buy some more controllers, and the summer comes. So I'm almost sure, I'll either miss the next monthly or come super late. After that...I'll be ready to get some good practice in before MLG. I think we stand a decent shot.

@Rebbeca & Conner: Nice seeing you guys. I hear you both are getting better, good job!

@CBK: WOW...I like that stuff! I couldn't believe it.

@Everyone non-Iowa :): "Just cause you can't kill, touch, or beat me in doubles doesn't not mean I'm going to beat you in singles. So stop trying to money match me after we play doubles. :) " - PortCity

MJG

Smash Hero
@Everyone: GG's matches were fun and I got to play a lot of doubles.

@Fino: Pro Tip- Talk noise during the match, not afterward. Also, don't try to fight me, run away and do not go off stage, neither are profitable for you... :)

lolololol

@MJG: You have the best comeback skills known to man, I have seen then on the internet, but they are much worse in person. GG's. I think you can work on doubles a bit, but I can't really put my finger on it. I'll think about it and get back to you. Last note PLEASE stop losing to Fino. :)

You have to catch me sometime when I am not sandbagging ;)
Response is bolded

EDIT: GTFO Stealth

PortCity

Smash Ace
@MJG: Sandbagging....aight homey ;) I'll remember that when I see people sit up in their seat and get closer to the screen in the middle of a close match. :)

Afrayail

Smash Ace
The five (I believe) from Kansas, Connor and I, Jake/Razor/Blank/Kudou/CBK in terms of "regulars", then I believe 6 others that are newerish? to the scene (including the 2 totally new guys)

Not a big turn out, but hard brackets everywhere.

@all the MKs that were cool enough to play mah ROB: thanks for the matches and GGs :] I got some new stuff to work on, and it was nice seeing it from a different [Metaknight's] perspective.

@Falcos: I'm getting my anti-bird*** moves down, get at me >.<;

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I won $50 dollars playing Yu-Gi-Oh yesterday instead of coming to this which I had no chance. Go me! :)
But I didn't get to see the cool people that usually show up to these monthlies. :(

gantrain05

Smash Master
i got wrecked =/ sorry Uli i let u down lol. but i think im finally getting some decent MU experience against fox and TL, the matches were alot closer than they were in the past with those guys. next time i got you scrubs =P

Afrayail

Smash Ace
heh heh.

seriously though, what happened? iowa, don't let kansas sweep your tourney. i guess the same question goes to minnesota if they showed up, too.
I think the best answer to that is probably match up experience, honestly. With lack of MKs in Iowa now, it's harder to get the MU down. Not to mention a wicked Fox and TL creeped the scene, which is even more rare than MK matches I guess.

Step yo game up, Iowa! :] I believe in you. I'll be joining in the next monthly (or bi-weekly.) I think Connor and I would like to come down and see about getting some friendlies in. Anyone game for possibly Wednesday? We could potentially carpool and bring down a few of you from the area, also. *Jlo?*

Edit: hmm, was that the second time an Olimar technically took first at Joker's? if so, next time might hafta be the third >:]
well, err, an olididdyrob anyway...

§chizm

Smash Lord
I heard the tournament wasn't fun . . . at all.
Is this a true story?
It's because no one from NE was there.
And I was only there for like 30 mins.

Yeah games on sat were kool. Didnt lose a single match to anyone because i am the best and always win. I even took down Kansas single handedly in crews.
LIES.

Also if people show up Wednesday I'll probably show up.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yer. Me too. I'll show up Wednesday. Why does Smashboards choose when to come back to life whenever it wants to?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
I heard the tournament wasn't fun . . . at all.
Is this a true story?
well blank, cbk, and i had a great time for a while. i was able to play some random games for bit then went over to rich games BC's house to see his kid with a side of yugioh in there. it was a very productive weekend.

I won $50 dollars playing Yu-Gi-Oh yesterday instead of coming to this which I had no chance. Go me! :)
But I didn't get to see the cool people that usually show up to these monthlies. :(
hey greg i was wondering, do u have a heavy storm or a dimensional prison that i can borrow as well with that solumn judgment? if i can get those 3 cards from u then my deck is pretty much complete besides my synchros. i need a goyo, brionac, and Arcanite Magician and then im finish with my yugioh deck. i also want to buy this awesome play mat so i can enjoy nerding the game again \(^o^)/

THIS

also i just bought Resonance of Fate and Bayonetta and im am very happy with my purchase. now i just need a big awesome plasma hdtv to finish the collection of greatness

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I really want to say that there weren't that many Asians there this weekend were there? :laugh: Anthony, all I have is a Solemn for you to borrow. Playmat looks F-ing sweet!

This!!!!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Oh hey the boards are back XP

So yeah even though there where only a few people here tourney was still fun.

Brawl Doubles:

1: The ****
2: Living The Dream
3: Toon Link & ****
4: Why So Serious?
5: Princess And Vibrator
5: We Get Gimped

Brawl Singles:

1: MJG SPLIT
2: Fino SPLIT
3: Domo
4: Zeton