• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I went strictly Meta Knight. Tournament was 3-stock, 3 minutes, all stages are legal, single elimination -_- Schism and I used normal tourney rules in Grand Finals though. I won 3-1 I think?

1st game: Smashville - I won - Was a pretty legit battle.
2nd game: Brinstar - I lost - I got obliterated.
3rd game: Battlefield - I won - Was close because Schism SD'd at 0% on his 2nd stock.
4th game: Green Greens - I won - Explosions . . .

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
The people running the tournaments didn't know shit about the rules. They were afraid they were gonna screw up Blazblue hard somehow so they just cancelled it altogether

Halo and Yugioh randomly got the room all to themselves also. It made no sense at all. Apparently hype isn't allowed in those games :/

Tyserification

Smash Lord
The people running the tournaments didn't know shit about the rules. They were afraid they were gonna screw up Blazblue hard somehow so they just cancelled it altogether

Halo and Yugioh randomly got the room all to themselves also. It made no sense at all. Apparently hype isn't allowed in those games :/
Blazblue did happen according to David's friend. He got 2nd.
It was 1 match, best 2/3. Pretty lame. Also had 8 entrants.

Yugioh and Halo were gay.

§chizm

Smash Lord
G&W can CG now?
Tech chase grabs arent CG in my book if that's what you mean.
It was jab reset.
I just called it a chaingrab because I was chaining grabs. Asshole.

blank you MUST do this
everyone that is going MUST!!
and MUST learn the dance, w/e it may be :3
Kpop dances are horrible. It's like the Backstreet Boys.

Going as Roark or Norman would probably be the easiest for me.
I like Psychic Pokemon but all the trainers look like homos.

Uli

Smash Champion
oh my LORD, facebook only does 5 pics at a time
i have like 130 pics
ill upload later >_> lol

also schism you have to dance sorry broseph

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I had the best weekend of my life. Rave was too good. I will totally prepare better next time for Cosplay. Shoutouts to Conner, Rebecca, Yulai, Tyser, Jon, Chris, Matt, and Alan!

Edit: I can totally pull this off.

Uli

Smash Champion
pics up on facebook
sorry for the folks without it D:

ill tag stuff later...
someone else can do it if they're bored

Trent

Smash Champion
FINALLY just got home from the con. Totally wasted money on that giant Super Sonic, but perhaps it was worth it.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yeah, it's in August. The official date isn't announced yet, but it's either middle of August to the end of August, it fluctuates a lot.

Uli

Smash Champion
facebook keeps sending me emails of people who want to be tagged on my pics but i cant confirm them because it isnt there on my facebook
what does this mean!!

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Are you guys doing trainers from a specific game? Cuz I'll do the smart thing and go to google/wiki to find out who I should be. :p

Anyway.. Con was pretty decent. Too much drunk Connor, too much idiocy in Brawl, not enough to do. And holy **** at the shounen-ai panel. Dear god, those people are crazy. What was really awkward was when it came down to two girls crossplaying, though.

Dekline: Vampire Knight cosplay? :p I don't think I've seen that char cosplayed before, neato. Connor and I (assuming I can still force him into costume) will prolly pull out VK for a day so you won't be entirely alone.

Shout outs to all of you guys that came up to our room Saturday :) It was muchly appreciated, and fun(ny.) Sucks for the hangover, Chris--hope you got your **** done ok.

Random note: even though like everyone in that room drank, the only one to throw up (besides connor... <.<') was a random girl staying with us and she didn't have much more than a pull from the bottle of goldenness o.O;;; I feel sorry for the people that have to clean this hotel... I heard the shirtless Joker supposedly threw up blood.. on... a window? wtf people?

ALSO THANK YOU AGAIN for letting me kidnap your Pikachu all day. I went and got another Pika plushie later, though it's the smaller one scratchin' his ear :O

And yes, Tyser, I'm posting a longer message :p But it's your guys' fault for posting so much that's relevant to mah interests.

§chizm

Smash Lord
We're not doing a specific game, just pretty much any Gym Leader/Elite Four member I guess.
Yeah there were long periods of time where there wasn't anything to do at the con.
Some of the most...random conversations happened in that hotel room. :laugh: I don't remember some of it though. I got my stuff done though.
I didn't hear anything about someone throwing up blood. :confused:

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Mindy and her friend over heard him talking about it outside, I guess. *shrug* All I know is our room was bad enough >.>;

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I believe it's the Honors Building Joker :p
Yeah that one >.<
I like playing games there cause we can be some what loud unless there's a class but they seem to be done by the time we get there plus we can leave when ever too <(^.^<)

Well clannad makes me really sad, the Kotomi arc brought me to tears. I really liked the Tomoyo special at the end tho, to me it made more sense for those 2 to hook up than him and Nagisa.
Sad indeed I cry when Nagisa died then I was getting mad at him cause he started acting like his dad, but then when he started getting along with his daughter Fuko appears and for a second I thought he was going to marry or something but then Ushio started getting sick then she goes and dies to and I just couldn't stop crying T.T
All in all Clannad is an awesome anime loved every episode of it. The ending kinda trew me off a little cause I though it was a dream but it was all about him collecting those orbs right o.0
Anyways good anime.

If I go to Anime IA, I'm going as Snake ^.^

Uli

Smash Champion

Sad indeed I cry when Nagisa died then I was getting mad at him cause he started acting like his dad, but then when he started getting along with his daughter Fuko appears and for a second I thought he was going to marry or something but then Ushio started getting sick then she goes and dies to and I just couldn't stop crying T.T
All in all Clannad is an awesome anime loved every episode of it. The ending kinda trew me off a little cause I though it was a dream but it was all about him collecting those orbs right o.0
Anyways good anime.

If I go to Anime IA, I'm going as Snake ^.^
oh gosh i swear anything related to clannad i see or read w/e, i will get goosebumps or tear up

Hey peeks there is more to the tomoyo after story, its uhh ;_;
http://www.onemanga.com/Tomoyo_After_-_Dear_Shining_Memories/ - there it is folks

i need to play the visual novels someday...
i hear its better or something
tomoyo's is an H-game i hear XD

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
i need to play the visual novels someday...
i hear its better or something
tomoyo's is an H-game i hear XD
visual novels r so awesome, i had the clannad one for a while but my pc couldnt handle the greatness so i had to remove it. the art work wasnt the original artwork like in the anime but its based off the movie artwork which through me off. i dont really like the movie's artwork that much so ehh. i've played a few visual novel games before and they r so fun, i also tried somen h-games before but they werent translated so i gave up on most of those. cant really figure out what path to take and such since u cant read what ur doin

also the whole tomoyo h-game thing, yeah there is one. i read a long time ago that fakku tried to gather some people to translate it but it never happened. all i kno is that there is a game but no translation for it

ace156

Smash Apprentice
joker (or anyone),

do you have a solution for fixing shtty wii's? haha my wii decided to not go past the "push a button" screen.

ex: wii turns on, the main screen that says "push a button" come up, and the a button sentence blinks like normal. i use the wiimote and hit a, which then the wii makes the noise saying that it connected the wiimote (the wiimote gets the first player light on the controller) and then the screen slightly fades out (but not all the way).... and then nothing happens.

short version: my system died, help?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
the solution is to buy my wii off me since i dont want/use it anymore \(^o^)/, but seriouly i have no idea y ur screen would fade out then nothing happens. im guessing that its an internal problem or something.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
hey guys good games last night untill it got all messed up...>_<

but yea TvC better game then i thought i kinda enjoy it now Yatterman is too good...im thinking of entering that tourny now. $5 right?

ace156

Smash Apprentice
also

some PLEASE explain this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=530U-ZMz0Xk

its like an instant 65%!!! pikachu for s tier? lol

edit:
the solution is to buy my wii off me since i dont want/use it anymore \(^o^)/, but seriouly i have no idea y ur screen would fade out then nothing happens. im guessing that its an internal problem or something.
haha how much for yours? assuming its in good condition and doesnt plan on crapping out anytime soon. haha my wii also sounded like a chainsaw when it was reading the disk, its louder than a 360

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Something to do with one of the stupid resets in Brawlol -_- That ending was the only unexplainable part o.O

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
OH WOW ummm yea no idea why its like that...lol but its pretty good that im going to try and learn how to do that by the weekend...lol

Top Bottom