• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
oh gosh i swear anything related to clannad i see or read w/e, i will get goosebumps or tear up

Hey peeks there is more to the tomoyo after story, its uhh ;_;
http://www.onemanga.com/Tomoyo_After_-_Dear_Shining_Memories/ - there it is folks
I love those side stories also kinda weird they have the same name except for the o and a XP
Which by the way for the Kyou side story I felt bad for her sister T.T

but yea TvC better game then i thought i kinda enjoy it now Yatterman is too good...im thinking of entering that tourny now. $5 right?
Yay I may have someone to play with now ^.^
But yeah the thing about TvC is that since it was only release in Japan so people couldn't get a hold of it so you didn't get as many people, but now that the new one is coming to the states more people should play it

also

some PLEASE explain this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=530U-ZMz0Xk

its like an instant 65%!!! pikachu for s tier? lol
Well for one it seems it happens around 50% cause that's what he had when the vid started also around this damage you can either air dodge or if you have a quick aerial you should be able to react before the Footstool since they had to use their second jump for it. This could happen and ouch when it does but it seems is one of those things your opponent can't see coming still a good thing to know <(^.^<)
Kinda of reminds me of the one for Jiggly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOLuUHJVHaU
Why is it always on Lucario >.<
Also not sure what happen to your Wii my doesn't read disk but I have the USBLoader but I was having problems with it last night T.T

Something to do with one of the stupid resets in Brawlol -_- That ending was the only unexplainable part o.O
I though that was on Melee too I remeber seeing a match with M2K and Darkrain with Echo commentating ^.^
But yeah not sure how hard it is there either way is stupid T.T
But yeah the end part when he grabs him I think is meant to show what you can all do.
The other thing is that when you get hit by a lighting time move you're actually get all electrified and stun in place is one of those things in Brawlol >.<
But I think the reason for it is to replace the skeleton thing 64 had like when Samus hit with her blast you could see the other chars bones which I like.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Would any two people be interested in being on a 5 v 5 melee crew battle? I need 2 people on my team.

entry fee is probably 5 to 10 dollars. its a money match for crews.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I doubt youre going to get a 5v5 with money crews. This gonna be the first crew battle in history that had money involved now? Let's keep things traditional bub.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
Who were the idiots who lost their money?

I take it you meant Pound 4 Stage List, not ruleset. I also agree on it. Its gonna become the new norm in the future anyways -_- Im just glad Kongo isnt on random. Whoever wanted that is a complete moron.

EDIT: Here's the stages:

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
i would be down JBM but i kinda suck at melee..lol so i dont think i should play it..lol

Joker: yea TvC is a pretty fun game so ill play it more bring up thursday cuz ill want to play it...^_^

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
haha how much for yours? assuming its in good condition and doesnt plan on crapping out anytime soon. haha my wii also sounded like a chainsaw when it was reading the disk, its louder than a 360
im lookin for like $120 or so, i rarely use it so its in like new condition with the original box, and everything inside that would consider it brand new. it also has homebrew channel, backup loader/wii gator, and such things on it. i would consider it just like new besides the fact that it has those specific channels and such.

also if ur wii is louder than a 360, then i think that its time to get a new one cause that cant really be good

I love those side stories also kinda weird they have the same name except for the o and a XP
Which by the way for the Kyou side story I felt bad for her sister T.T

Also not sure what happen to your Wii my doesn't read disk but I have the USBLoader but I was having problems with it last night T.T
i dont really like Kyou's sister Ryou all that much because Ryou doesnt really have great any qualities that sticks out. besides being cute, she isnt all that great imo. i really like Kyou because she's athletic, cute, good and loves to cook, and basically a tsundere \(^o^)/. i just love my tsundere characters

and did we not come to a conclusion last night that ur wii was having problems because it was all cbk's fault? just throwing that out there \(^o^)/

OH WOW ummm yea no idea why its like that...lol but its pretty good that im going to try and learn how to do that by the weekend...lol
how bout we try to learn some team combos instead, that seems like it would be more useful \(^o^)/

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Id be willing to sell my Wii and everything Wii related that I have for $200.

- Wii w/ cables XD
- Wii-mote w/ Wii Motion Plus
- Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
- Super Smash Brothers Brawlol
- Wii Sports
- Wii Sports Resort

My Wii is not modded or anything and it comes with 80 awesome Miis. Tell your friends!

EDIT: I actually gotta talk to my folks about it first -_- Forgot my dad plays the Wii kinda often.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
lol how we gunna do that kudo?

Tyser: wow thats too epic i just skipped through most of it...lol but still pretty crazy. i would fail at that pretty hard.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
***hey, read this post***

Now that I have gotten your attention, me and joker forgot to make a combo video for the contest
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251719
So we are gonna try to crank one out in a few hours, if you have ANYTHING that you think its worthy upload it to megaupload or something so we can maybe us it.

we have no wario, send us some wario
especially if its using the bike

Tyserification

Smash Lord
What the hell ever happened to the Joker Montage 2? I WANT THAT NAO!

On another note, I found out what "Neorago" means. It translates to "It's You." Go figure lol.

I think that's gonna be my new temporary gamer tag.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
also

some PLEASE explain this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=530U-ZMz0Xk

its like an instant 65%!!! pikachu for s tier? lol
If the opponent actually falls for this it can also infinite. Pikachu can QAC lock afterwards. As for getting stuck in thunder, type advantage?

Actually though, people getting stuck in base thunder like that is pretty common. I've seen most Pika's get it on accident and just Nair afterwards. Don't know how its done consistently though.

Edit: That picture is still hilarious.

Uli

Smash Champion
Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

im totally down for this ruleset for melee
if the majority says yes, then YES!!!

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Only problem with 5v5 crews, that's $5 a person, is that I dont wanna put my trust in 4 people that my $5 will be okay. I can hardly depend on just 1 person with $5 -_-

ace156

Smash Apprentice
im lookin for like $120 or so, i rarely use it so its in like new condition with the original box, and everything inside that would consider it brand new. it also has homebrew channel, backup loader/wii gator, and such things on it. i would consider it just like new besides the fact that it has those specific channels and such.

also if ur wii is louder than a 360, then i think that its time to get a new one cause that cant really be good

i might actually take you up on that. unfortunately i wont be at the tourney this month because my college is hosting a campus-wide tourney that im entering (mainly because it guarantees me like $80-90 and its free to enter haha)
so maybe at the December tourney or earlier?

also when did you buy your wii? mine was from launch date so im happy it made it this far. and yes, my roommate has a 360 and we confirmed my wii runs MUCH louder than his 360 does.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Someone help me in FFT! I need JLOOOOOO.

Freaking Gafgarion and his stupid weapon/magic breaking knights and hell ivy.

Trent

Smash Champion
Someone help me in FFT! I need JLOOOOOO.

Freaking Gafgarion and his stupid weapon/magic breaking knights and hell ivy.
Love that game, such an amazing **** your butt fight. Umm, I had Agrias and the yellow shirt dude with the gun on my team, a White Mage, a Dragoon, and Ramza as Samurai. Agrias and the gun dude pwned the guys up top while I had the Dragoon and Ramza take out Gafgarion ASAP.

Um, you ARE talking about the fight where there's like 12 of them and 5 of you, right? With the "hanging" of the princess or whatever?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Love that game, such an amazing **** your butt fight. Umm, I had Agrias and the yellow shirt dude with the gun on my team, a White Mage, a Dragoon, and Ramza as Samurai. Agrias and the gun dude pwned the guys up top while I had the Dragoon and Ramza take out Gafgarion ASAP.

Um, you ARE talking about the fight where there's like 12 of them and 5 of you, right? With the "hanging" of the princess or whatever?
Yes, and WHATS A DRAGOON!? Lul the game is seriously addicting.

I can take out Gafgarion pretty quick with my monk and a wizard, but Mustadio and my other gun dude don't do too much damage. Agrias just tanks stuff, but she can't kill anything. My strat is to hope she gets a lucky stop on the two knights because they seriously **** my summoners and my monk usually gets gang-***** after killing Gaf.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
***hey, read this post***

Now that I have gotten your attention, me and joker forgot to make a combo video for the contest
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251719
So we are gonna try to crank one out in a few hours, if you have ANYTHING that you think its worthy upload it to megaupload or something so we can maybe us it.

we have no wario, send us some wario
especially if its using the bike
i'll see what i can find

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Lol thank you for posting the party Bone. It always puts a smile on my face.

Also, in case Peeks hasn't already posted (I'm too lazy to go back and check) he will no longer be attending this month. *sadface*

However, me and the two newbies, (Enima and Raven) will still be showing up sometime around 9-10. Looking forward to being back!

Love,
Zash

P.S. No homo

§chizm

Smash Lord
Aww I'l miss my Mute City counterpick...

Also, in case Peeks hasn't already posted (I'm too lazy to go back and check) he will no longer be attending this month. *sadface*

However, me and the two newbies, (Enima and Raven) will still be showing up sometime around 9-10. Looking forward to being back!

Love,
Zash

P.S. No homo
Have I seen either of those newbies before? I don't remember.
No peeks wtf?
Agreed.

Also I don't work tomorrow so I can play games for a bit.

Partyvan pic is still epic.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

Love,
Zash

P.S. No homo
Now I'm sad :cry:
By the way are you guys still coming Wednesday night like Peeks was planing

Also Party Van is just too epic

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
i might actually take you up on that. unfortunately i wont be at the tourney this month because my college is hosting a campus-wide tourney that im entering (mainly because it guarantees me like $80-90 and its free to enter haha)
so maybe at the December tourney or earlier?

also when did you buy your wii? mine was from launch date so im happy it made it this far. and yes, my roommate has a 360 and we confirmed my wii runs MUCH louder than his 360 does.
well anytime is fine with me, basically whenever u come back down here to des moines i can have it ready to go. as for when i bought it, yeah i have no idea but im gonna spit ball here and say like a year or so or maybe less. i kno it hasnt been that long since i bought it

Afrayail

Smash Ace
While styling Winona's wig would be fun.. I think I'll opt for one of the two characters I actually like a lot ^_^ Clair or Sabrina.

Not sure which outfit I'd wear with either of them, though if I could get a Lance to go with me I'd definitely be Clair (yay, they fight together in H. Gold/S. Silver.) On the other hand, I could probably use Sabrina's wig for the Adiane cosplay from TTGL I've been really wanting to do. :O

Edit: ****. I have the battle theme stuck in my head.. on loop.. for the past 10 minutes. And Tyser, that picture would make for an epic poster. I still wanna cosplay Anti-spiral Nia.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
well anytime is fine with me, basically whenever u come back down here to des moines i can have it ready to go. as for when i bought it, yeah i have no idea but im gonna spit ball here and say like a year or so or maybe less. i kno it hasnt been that long since i bought it
cool sounds good, ill put a post up sometime when im either going to des moines or if it will be at the next tourney. my playing is pretty shabby so i hope to get some practice in before the tourney.

p.s. i have a school break of december 18-february 19 because im leaving for china then

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
While styling Winona's wig would be fun.. I think I'll opt for one of the two characters I actually like a lot ^_^ Clair or Sabrina.

Not sure which outfit I'd wear with either of them, though if I could get a Lance to go with me I'd definitely be Clair (yay, they fight together in H. Gold/S. Silver.) On the other hand, I could probably use Sabrina's wig for the Adiane cosplay from TTGL I've been really wanting to do. :O

Edit: ****. I have the battle theme stuck in my head.. on loop.. for the past 10 minutes. And Tyser, that picture would make for an epic poster. I still wanna cosplay Anti-spiral Nia.
I cannot choose between Clair or Flannery. Flannery's is way too easy...I don't know if I could do Clair or not. I think I have a guy that would totally go as Lance though. (He dressed up randomly as Lady Gaga for Halloween) :S

EDIT: OH YEAH. I forgot to mention he was my Brawl buddie. He's a Peach and Zelda user.

Top Bottom