• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
Hrmm. Whilst randomly surfing the webs because I'm bored and waiting for some design program thing tonight, I decided to glance at Oli's match ups. Actually, Yink, apparently the Ness/Olimar match up is even, if not in Ness' favor. I was reading the thread and apparently it's heavily debated, but the general thought is that Ness has advantage, regardless of his tier (which is why a lot of Olimars think this match up is even and underestimate him) That's really interesting o.O;
its cuz ness has a super gay Fair that eats up everything oli can do, although both characters gimp each other too easy. its probably 50/50.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
DANG razor that okay you'll get a better one in due time..^_^v but on the bright side you can still smash with us..^_^v hehe

yea but im surprised on how much better my marths gotten in these last 2 days....^_^

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
For the people at Andy's yesterday, I apologize for the obscure things I was saying that may have offended you or grossed you out. I really have no excuse of things like other than I was just saying random stupid stuff.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
For the people at Andy's yesterday, I apologize for the obscure things I was saying that may have offended you or grossed you out. I really have no excuse of things like other than I was just saying random stupid stuff.
Uhhhh I don't remember anything? I think you're good Captain Love. Unless I wasn't there for it. but meh

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
That's OK Love that's just how we roll. We may say stupid stuff but is all in good fun <(^.^<)

Also I started to watch some of my anime I had for awhile and I was just ignoring for some reason T.T
Anyways I finish watching Rosario+Vampire Capu 2. Loved it however the FACKING BAT kept ruining it, is like it wasn't Ecchi any more :ohwell:
And I finish the first season of Clannad. Which by the way Kudou thanks, this anime was way too good the first arc with Fuko did it for me T.T
The ending was pretty good and the Tomoyo arc was good also ^.^

By the way after watching Clannad I felt like watching Lucky Star for some reason XP

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Joker there is a chance I may be able to go over to your place for casuals (needs moar tvc pratice) on saturday, i'll find out whether I can go or not. But would that be alright?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Also I started to watch some of my anime I had for awhile and I was just ignoring for some reason T.T
Anyways I finish watching Rosario+Vampire Capu 2. Loved it however the FACKING BAT kept ruining it, is like it wasn't Ecchi any more :ohwell:
And I finish the first season of Clannad. Which by the way Kudou thanks, this anime was way too good the first arc with Fuko did it for me T.T
The ending was pretty good and the Tomoyo arc was good also ^.^

By the way after watching Clannad I felt like watching Lucky Star for some reason XP
thats right, more anime is always better, i cried at the end of the Fuko arc in the first season. thats how touched i was ;_;
u should watch the after story, its pretty legit. i liked the kyou arc in the after story cause i have a thing for her, u can tell from my avatar \(^o^)/. i've been tryin to catch up with detective conan so im like behind on like all my ongoing anime. just 200 more conan episodes and i am finally caught up

EDIT: cut that, i started conan when i was a sophomore in high school, so thats about 3 years ago \(^o^)/

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
So i just got thursday thru sunday off for the next tourny so i am thinking about coming down on wed nite, if not thursday morning so i can be there for thursday games. And thanks again to everyone that went to the tourny, it was way fun, epically long car rides ftw!!!

And Joker sorry i left in the mourning without saying anything, you looked to peaceful i didnt have it in me to disturb you lol. But thanks for letting me crash there like always.

Uli

Smash Champion
omg everyone that watched clannad must watch after story
also tomoyo is the best kudou
sorry *shrug*

fuuucking anime con next week guys
Love you might need to make the R your self, im pretty busy >_>
who is all coming with greg and schizumsz??

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
sorry *shrug*

naw mang, its kyou then tomoyo imo. anime con wise, im most likely not gonna go since im super poor games but ehh

§chizm

Smash Lord
sorry *shrug*

I hate those School anime. Ugh.

I think Joker and Bone are coming with me but I'm not completely sure yet.

hey guys ill try and get thursday through saturday off so i can go up for games in ames..but idk yet i hope i can...>_<
I'm going to assume you mean the week of the tournament because we'll be at the con next weekend.

Speaking of when the hell should we show up in NE on friday?
I'm not cosplaying anymore. :bee:

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
i love watchin school animes, thats what i love about high school girls, i keep gettin older, they stay the same age. yes they do, yes they do lol. \(^o^)/

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Doubt me and joker will be going to the con, pretty low in funds and kinda wanna get a new hard drive. I agree with schizm on school anime

§chizm

Smash Lord
Doubt me and joker will be going to the con, pretty low in funds and kinda wanna get a new hard drive. I agree with schizm on school anime

Ah, I wasn't exactly sure but that sucks.
Guess I have to win the Brawl tourney if Joker isn't there? (I'm assuming there is one).
Yes, School anime are not my thing, I prefer action like Hellsing/Trigun/Heat Guy J.

I like some 3D fighters like Tekken, I just find them horrible for competitive play.
Soul Calibur is awful though.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
The original Soul Calibur was the best game ever, no comparison to Tekken. The series just got worse with every sequel is all.

I probably won't be going to the con because of issues with family right now, but I still have my costume lol. I'll wear it to Joker's one of these days.

I get enough of school attending one, I don't need more school in my life with anime.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
Crouch and jab until your opponent is in the air then juggle them with more jabs followed by kicks?
theres actually more to it..like grabs and side steps, um wavedashing, juggle combos like u+4, 1, 1, f+2, 2, 1(king air combo)

The original Soul Calibur was the best game ever, no comparison to Tekken. The series just got worse with every sequel is all.

I probably won't be going to the con because of issues with family right now, but I still have my costume lol. I'll wear it to Joker's one of these days.

I get enough of school attending one, I don't need more school in my life with anime.
blank you suck...lol j/k man bust seriously tekken out beats soul cailbur by a LONG shot.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
What is your costume blank?
You'll see one day. I'm an all or nothing person though. It must be perfect.

blank you suck...lol j/k man bust seriously tekken out beats soul cailbur by a LONG shot.

I played Soul Calibur on DC too much, even lurked guardimpact.com when it existed. Game is way too underrated. Future SC's just ruined it by making a bunch of moves useless, and overall taking away everything fun about the game.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I wasn't exactly sure but that sucks.
Guess I have to win the Brawl tourney if Joker isn't there? (I'm assuming there is one).
Yes, School anime are not my thing, I prefer action like Hellsing/Trigun/Heat Guy J.

I like some 3D fighters like Tekken, I just find them horrible for competitive play.
Soul Calibur is awful though.
They are also having Magic/Yugioh tournametns, you and greg can win those too.

I'm an all or nothing person though. It must be perfect.
This is why I will never cosplay as I would need the costume to be fitting and look perfect.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman

I played Soul Calibur on DC too much, even lurked guardimpact.com when it existed. Game is way too underrated. Future SC's just ruined it by making a bunch of moves useless, and overall taking away everything fun about the game.
so your saying tekken is better right?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
but greg borrows cards from other ppl at mayehem to make decks and skizm uses like 80% proxies in his magic deck \(^o^)/.

so your saying tekken is better right?
no i think he's just sayin that SC became bad so tekken stays where its at \(^o^)/

§chizm

Smash Lord
I bet it's a Tails costume.

Or Bridget.

This is why I will never cosplay as I would need the costume to be fitting and look perfect.
I don't have any actual Magic decks, especially one to compete with rigged Type 1 decks.

Also yeah I don't think I could cosplay and not look as close to perfect as possible.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
I don't have any actual Magic decks, especially one to compete with rigged Type 1 decks.
You can borrow our cards, doubt you will have to worry about rigged decks. Looking at their thread it seems it will most likely be type 1 just so everyone can compete as everyone played at different times.

greg could probably borrow a deck from dustin if there is no tourney.

Top Bottom