• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
hey peeps whats up..^_^ yea tourny night was fun too bad TMNT didnt happen..=( but yea for some reason i have a melee craving and i decide to pick up fox so yea does anybody wana do games tomorrow and wensday b/c i really feel like playing melee..lol

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

Cook

Smash Master
**** yeah, 4th place in Melee doubles. **** BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lightning kick+spin attack=????? (4th place I guess)

§chizm

Smash Lord

§chizm

Smash Lord
Alright I'll be going as usual then. I need more Meta Knight practice apparently :laugh:.

I think Afrayail said they might start coming to these as well, but I dunno how they'd know where to go unless they lurk here a lot or something.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
haha awesome well actually could you guys wait to go to ames until like 9:30 cuz i get off work at 9..unless we could actually do games tomorrow up there? cuz i dont work today or tomorrow.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Andy, those Thursday games don't include Sekou though correct?

As for the new comers for Thursday games, I told Rebecca to watch the boards for our talk and they would come if they could make it.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Andy, those Thursday games don't include Sekou though correct?

As for the new comers for Thursday games, I told Rebecca to watch the boards for our talk and they would come if they could make it.
i think he's trying to work something out.

i'm guessing he'll get to take a break for an hour or two to play.

if anyone lurking the boards wants to game you can pm me for directions.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
My plot to kill all NE smashers is complete.
Yeah, all like, six of us from border to border.

It's coo', I'll just come back as an angel and Pew Pew Pew, which is the solution to everything.

All Pit Players go to Heaven, y'know. They made a movie about it, but they got confused during production and changed it to "Dogs."

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, all like, six of us from border to border.

It's coo', I'll just come back as an angel and Pew Pew Pew, which is the solution to everything.

All Pit Players go to Heaven, y'know. They made a movie about it, but they got confused during production and changed it to "Dogs."
Lol, you and Trent got owned too?

Our entire car [minus me ;P] was in bed sick. Sucks to be you guys, failing your endurance check.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Woah I feel really bad--like, everyone is sick o.O; I don't know if you remember, but our big bald friend who crashed the tournament for awhile is really sick too. I personally am going to blame it on the apartment in Ames >.>

On a happier note.. o.o;;.. Yeah, Thursday would work out, though I have softball practice so I couldn't show up til around 7pm (and apparently I found out Ptato works at 10pm.) I just joined the lurking; did I miss what times we're meeting and stuff? Also, I mentioned this to a couple people I think, but I have access to a building at Iowa State where they have 1 big screen projector we can hook Brawl up to, and they also have a regular TV set up in there with pillows/chairs for chillaxing upon. If anyone would ever be interested in getting together there instead (maybe bringing another TV or two if we'd feel the need), or on a separate occasion (I was thinking of finding out what times work best for everyone and making a facebook group so I can get info out and stuff for random meet ups, and eventually, ISU's own tourneys. Whoo!)

If anyone has texting, feel free to let me know what's up as far as Thursday goes, in case I don't get back on here in time (515) 229-8262. My email is rdrong@iastate.edu; feel free to drop me a line there, too, even if it's just for general chitchat.

Despite the major stomping in the brackets and apparently half the crew currently dying, we had a great time this weekend. ^_^ Definitely plan on going to more, s'long as they don't conflict with anymore anime cons... hahaha. And excitement about Allplay--my group used to go their for ITG like, everyday.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I usually don't show up at Andy's with everyone else from DSM until 7 or so, I'm not sure when Razor is showing up. That's how it usually goes unless Andy needs us to show up/leave at a specific time.

The other room would work out pretty well if we had a timeframe for when people were able to show up, and the Facebook group sounds like a good idea as well I guess?

I'm not sure who all is coming up with me this time.

My number should still be on the front page if you need to know anything else.
You might PM Andy for specific directions to his place.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
omg how is everybody getting sick? im not feeling to good myself so i had to sleep like all day today just to get a little bit well while takin aleve. i blame joker since i bet that this is his way to get everybody sick at the tourney so he can win money \(^o^)/. thats some diabolical plan he cooked up there. but in all seriousness its kind of werid that everybody got sick

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Whoever did that was a F ucking ******. That is very selfish of them to come to a tournament while they are sick or contagious.

Devon a good friend of mine is in the ER now BECAUSE that selfish person chose to come to the tourney. I realize we all want to have fun. Be selfless by not going to the tourney. You probably knew you could get someone sick but were selfish and chose too.

Tony and Devon are sick. Tyser is sick. Congradulations for making 3 guys sick.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace

Yeah the game looked good I was actually thinking of getting it but wasn't sure, so now I may just get it but first I need to get Arkham >.<

Also I finish uploading all of the doubles matches working on singles ^.^
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2931F4E36C41FE4D
If you want i could let you borrow it next month at the tourny, i cant imagine not beating it by then.

And has anyone watched tiers to tiara, is it good and worth watching.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
And has anyone watched tiers to tiara, is it good and worth watching.
im currently watchin tears to tiara right now. i only watched up to episode 19 out of 25 right and and its ok but not that good. i tried skimming a few eps before hand and i lost my interest.

im also sick -_-
im just going to play kingdomhearts on my ds...
goodness sake, everybody is freakin sick, this is just madness. also how is the new KH 358/2 like? i was think about downloadin it and tryin it out but i would like someones input before i try it.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
You know who I think caused this but its only a hunch? BAWLLLIN!

He was sick since we stepped foot in Des Moines. He even went to sleep early and stuff. Im pretty sure it was him. But like I said, its just a hunch.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I'm not sure who all is coming up with me this time.
Well I'm always up for it >.0

If you want i could let you borrow it next month at the tourny, i cant imagine not beating it by then.
That be awesome d(^.^)b

0.0 dayum dude everyone is getting sick wassup with that, well me and Bone are doing fine same for everyone else who lives here so yeah >.<

He was sick since we stepped foot in Des Moines. He even went to sleep early and stuff. Im pretty sure it was him. But like I said, its just a hunch.
Was he the guy who came with you guys o.0

Nicole

Smash Champion
Cook and Nicole: Nicole I apologize for calling you pet names while we were playing. I have a notorious habit with that. So please forgive me if I said anything out of line :-D....btw your Peach has gotten even better. Mr. Cook ... continue to **** all diddy kong's that are not me. Your pivot grab sends shivers down everyone's spine.
I didn't notice anything, heh. I'm sure I've been called much worse than anything you said. And thanks for playing 109127848718239 doubles matches with me and Andrew, we don't get much doubles practice.

Dekline42

Smash Ace

You're probably right, he was coughing like crazy and slept at a bunch of random times.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
JBM chill out. Anybody who goes into a basement to which there are 30+ people should know the risks to which they exposing themselves.

I myself haven't been feeling particularly well, but there is no sense throwing fingers around.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
JBM chill out. Anybody who goes into a basement to which there are 30+ people should know the risks to which they exposing themselves.

I myself haven't been feeling particularly well, but there is no sense throwing fingers around.
You're not feeling well?

Clearly, I must drive back to Iowa. Perhaps in your moment of weakness, I will defeat you! Muhahaha!

Too bad I feel an overheated sack of useless meat at the moment.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Well if someone is sick to that degree Like Devon(smeesh) is right now than they should know better. If someone was walking around with the flu it wasn't a very good decision. I know I shouldn't point fingers and I made the mistake to blame just that person. It goes for everyone if your feeling ill to the point or that you know its contagious reconsider for others sake. Some people don't have health insurance.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
Theres always the option of not going to Joker's monthlies because youre scared of getting sick also. Its just another option.

Top Bottom