• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Trent

Smash Champion
Tourney looked like it was a lot of fun for the most part. I'm gonna be trying to attend the next one, asking the day off from work the second you put up the next day too. :D Stupid Anime Iowa getting in the way.. ;_;

Aramosu

Smash Rookie
Joke's got Joke's? PINGAS!

So, I was sitting here thinking, and I'm thinking after I get a car, a new computer, have my magic deck up to par for standard, then get laid about five or seven times, I might be able to drudge up enough courage to get a nintendo Wii and Smash Bros Brawl for the LAWL.

For now, I'm gonna sell the rest of my 360 games aside from Blazblue and start like a fresh nub on the train to oblivion... and possibly cake.... Nope, pie actually.

Vote now, CAKE OR PIE!!!!!

Dekline42

Smash Ace
They'll be up today probably, it takes yonder to upload em, but they're all ready and chillin on my desktop ;)

Dekline42

Smash Ace
Unfortunately the second 1/3 of crews got corrupted when my laptop fell asleep, so bolt vs echo, bolt vs mushrooming, bolt vs blank, blank vs razor, razor vs uli, uli vs jlo, and jlo vs dekline all got corrupted :urg:

and falco dittos are dumb so don't worry about it, lul

BOLT08

Smash Lord
F*ckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkK MY ONE AWESOME MOMENT DIDN'T GET RECORDED? FML.

**** you dekline, **** you.

ANd it was me vs ULI first, not echo.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Melee crews were as sick as BlazBlue singles. Definately one of the better tournies weve had. Smaller is better XD

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well blazblue singles was pretty sick, expecially the match that love posted of Tager and Nu. Tyser, ur Tager must be better for next monthly so more epic matches will go down. u had the crowd that match \(^o^)/

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
im entering blazblue for sure next time if its still 1 dollar, all will fear the kitty!!!! cuz i suck w/ rachel.
i would but i still such at the game since i dont own it and what not so no practice and such. also i was just lookin up the SBO results and a few things caught my attention up in there. first of all, justin wong and his teammate got knocked out first round in SF4, so lulz there. a rufus and viper player won SF4. daigo only made it to the 3rd round.

in blazblue, a arakune player won and a carl player got second. what i dont get is that how a Carl player made his way to the finals beating 3 Nu players and 2 litchi players to lose to a arakune in finals? madness i say, and also im sad that all 3 ragna players didnt made it to the second round :tears:

im pretty sad in Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core, since davids team lost in the first round

Stunedge (KY) / Cue (ED) / Blacksnake (VE) vs. Satou (JO) / Chonari (ZA) / Mugen (BR)

these guys won the guilty gear section.....

Shounen (TE) / Woshige (MI) / N-O (VE)

good stuff goin on in SBO

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I've been telling you guys about Arakune for a while now. Nu's overrated.

Dekline we're doing Nu dittos again next tourney. You gotta do more TK crescent sabers and 5DD IAD tricksies. Remember her sweeps are JC'able so TK crescent mix-ups are hard to block. I'll catch on to those little act pulsars lul. Still hate Nu's backdash though.

Aramosu

Smash Rookie
A quota o' le jokes!

I've been telling you guys about Arakune for a while now. Nu's overrated.

Dekline we're doing Nu dittos again next tourney. You gotta do more TK crescent sabers and 5DD IAD tricksies. Remember her sweeps are JC'able so TK crescent mix-ups are hard to block. I'll catch on to those little act pulsars lul. Still hate Nu's backdash though.
If Nu had a better backdash than everyone as well as the fastest forward dash, yeah, all hell would unleash cause her forward sword distortion finish would likely never miss if done right and also, her weakness--close range rushdown--would be out the window. It'd be like giving OJ diplomatic immunity, and we all know we don't want that. >_<

"Fly away Hellen Keller, fly away and be freeeeeee!!!!!!! -SPLAT-"

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
i would but i still such at the game since i dont own it and what not so no practice and such. also i was just lookin up the SBO results and a few things caught my attention up in there. first of all, justin wong and his teammate got knocked out first round in SF4, so lulz there. a rufus and viper player won SF4. daigo only made it to the 3rd round.

in blazblue, a arakune player won and a carl player got second. what i dont get is that how a Carl player made his way to the finals beating 3 Nu players and 2 litchi players to lose to a arakune in finals? madness i say, and also im sad that all 3 ragna players didnt made it to the second round :tears:

im pretty sad in Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core, since davids team lost in the first round

Stunedge (KY) / Cue (ED) / Blacksnake (VE) vs. Satou (JO) / Chonari (ZA) / Mugen (BR)

these guys won the guilty gear section.....

Shounen (TE) / Woshige (MI) / N-O (VE)

good stuff goin on in SBO
You know who won Melty Blood?

§chizm

Smash Lord
So I'm probably picking up BB for 360 this friday since I have nothing else to play on 360 currently.
Are Mike and Andy the only people who have it for 360?

Small tournaments are fun.

Doesn't the new Melty Blood come out Thursday?

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
I know it's a little late but ggs everyone I guess i'll post a shoutouts thing later.

OMG! Why didn't anybody back out to char select AFTER re-assigning controls, instead of doing that bull**** "3-2-1-GO!" PEOPLE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOUR SUPPOSED TO BACK OUT AFTER SOMEONE PAUSES FOR A LEGETIMATE REASON LIKE THAT THEN GO BACK AND RESTART THE MATCH! I'm not pissed at you guys i'm just pissed that you didn't know it/do it.

Next tournament I will enforce this as strict as possible, and blank, dekline, and aramosu could help because I KNOW they know tourney standards at least.

I need to get some good combos down with arakune after that i'm gonna do muuuuuuuuuuuuch better unless that day i'm just sucking then FML if that happens.

§chizm

Smash Lord
We should go to NE this weekend before school starts.
I guess that could be possible if anyone in NE wanted to and I don't work Sunday.

OMG! Why didn't anybody back out to char select AFTER re-assigning controls, instead of doing that bull**** "3-2-1-GO!" PEOPLE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YOUR SUPPOSED TO BACK OUT AFTER SOMEONE PAUSES FOR A LEGETIMATE REASON LIKE THAT THEN GO BACK AND RESTART THE MATCH! I'm not pissed at you guys i'm just pissed that you didn't know it/do it.
Some of the people didn't even know what they were doing. Also some people really don't care about ridiculous stuff like that at small tourneys that are mostly just for funzies. I can see the legitimacy of it for actual tourneys but honestly people just wanted to play the fucking match haha.
It's basically the same as people just agreeing on stages instead of stage striking.

Uli

Smash Champion
I guess that could be possible if anyone in NE wanted to and I don't work Sunday.

Some of the people didn't even know what they were doing. Also some people really don't care about ridiculous stuff like that at small tourneys that are mostly just for funzies. I can see the legitimacy of it for actual tourneys but honestly people just wanted to play the fucking match haha.
It's basically the same as people just agreeing on stages instead of stage striking.
schism is 100% right
im pretty sure we all knew we are suppose to do that, its common sense but no one gives 2 ****s about that in a lil fun tourny but we will do it next time just for you :333

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
We'll have to do that now that I'm going to play Rachel. You guys are going to need every second you can get because the matches will last longer and I'll time ppl out. :3

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I knew about it but I specifically said "No, youre not gonna reset" when I played against Blank and Dekline because it takes an extra 10 seconds XD

Top Bottom