• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Pretty good turnout guys except that there was no montage T.T
But next time for sure cause June will be a year since I started doing the monthlies ^.^

Shoutouts:

Cook: Your Captain Olimar is just too good and we should have totally done the Captain Falcon ditto on the last match >.0

Kit: My god switching to G&W talk about an ace in the hole LOLz

Blank: Thanks for NamcoXCapcom and yes we need to PKMN battle next time for sure "hugs"

Jordan: More singing next time >.<

Metal: We needed to play more cause that Wolf match was just ******** >.0

Future: GG man IC are something else I tell you what

Steve: We didn't got play but maybe next time.

Nyus: Same thing mang and also thanks for coming down guys.

Razor: Good stuff on teams.

Grinnell: Glad you can make it again hopefully you guys can come down to more.

Jlo: Should have stuck with Ganon >.< GG though

Uli: Thanks for bringing the camera even though we didn't use it that much T.T but next time for sure.

JBM: I need to play that MK of yours next time though finals.

Skizm: Goosh Goosh and thanks for you mango drink think and the Bawls <3

BC,CBK: GG guys.

Mduo: GGs as always is like every time a play you is a different Mduo >.0

Ngamer,Sinder: I didn't got to play you guys, but hopefully you guys enjoy the tourney and can make it to future ones.

Captain Love: Pokemon Battles are just too good.

CTX: GG man your Marth is getting there keep it up >.0

Smeesh: Glad you could have made it also we need to play next time.

Everyone else GGs.

OK now I'm ripping the DVDs and should start working on them either today or tomorrow when ever the thing finishes, some bad news is that when finalizing one of the DVDs the recorder got unplugged and corrupted the disk now I can't finalized the files are still there it just that it will take time cause now I have to re do it T.T
And so you know it was the one with the finals and some matches before it.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
melee went something like this

jbm smeesh split and played low tier roy dittos and random marth vs roy matches.
dekline
bc
uli and love tied for 5th
scizm and twink for 7th?
fall got 9th i believe idk after that.

joker i look forward to our matches if they happen :)
jlo your peach is so fast i don't get it. >_<

Shad_Bad

Smash Rookie
This

I really should've stayed Sonic against Cook, or even Diddy or Falco, but I wanted to learn the matchup against Olimar without a projectile, and Sonic IS a projectile lol.

You like my advice about Sonic Vs Olimar? ^_^ I won a school tourny against the best there with that matchup. ^_^ You just gotta run over him constantly, side-B is your friend and grab him when he least expects it ^_^ Also, I was watching that match, you were doing really good with Sonic ^_^ As for Cook, I didn't know Olimar could be so good! XD

Shad Bad: It was cool you showed up, we had some nice matches. If you ever need the heads up on the homebrew channel and stuff I can kind of point you in the right direction, but to be honest I have never done a 4.0 wii myself.
Thank you very much, to me, it was an honor to meet you. First tourny I been to too ^_^ I'm gonna look up that stuff on Sonic like spin canceling, I gotta practice that cuz that tricked me a bunch of times! That second match with Sonic was down to the wire, same with Pikachu! You're just too good man ^_^ Also, I would love for you to send some info my way about the homebrew channel, downgrading and making Alt. Costumes and Music on Brawl and info on Brawl + ! ^_^ Sorry if that's a whole bunch XD Also, I would LOVE to train under you for some characters...where exactly do you live? I might not be able to make it but still...XD Unless you have free time and could make it somewhere around here and we can get together and talk and practice ^_^

Anyways, fun tourney. Left me completely wiped out though. Hopefully not my last biweekly before I move down to Georgia. GGs, and glad everyone showed up.
When are you leaving? We just met and I'm already sad T_T

Anyway, Thank you everyone for the games and teaching me stuff ^_^ Thanks for finding my wallet, um, I think it was, Metal? XD Sorry, I'm bad with remembering stuff >.< Thanks Joker and Razor for answering my questions and stuff! ^_^ Everyone was nice and a good sport ^_^ I wanna do it again but I dunno about the tournaments...XD I gotta get better but hopefully I will ^_^ Still playin' that Ganondorf and know that one day I'm gonna do great with him. I was suprised I even took one stock from Joker and Razor! ^_^
Also Twink, that was Tatsunoko Vs Capcom XD You did a great job for button mashing XD

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
he had to play uli. uli lost first match cp dreamland won, then bc cp corneria uli stayed falcon and lost. he couldn't work the stage like bc was.

scizm beat fall.

bc is very good at tech reading grabs with sheik against fast fallers, and thats all he had to play. bc was setting up combos very well i was impressed. i'm not sure how he would have done if he had played any other chars like samus or peach but yeah.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
When are you leaving? We just met and I'm already sad T_T
I'm not sure yet, sometime this summer. Hopefully I'll visit a lot since i have family here, and of course I really have nothing else to do over the summer. Anyways Joker's house is always where everyone goes to play games and I'm about 5-10 minutes away from it.

Cook

Smash Master
Hey, shoutouts! This was a fun tourney and all that jazz!

Joker: Thanks for housing me for a couple days, I should start coming down the Friday before more often, it's good times. Also thanks for the million friendlies Saturday morning, I learned a lot about the Olimar matchup. I think the Falcon dittos after the tourney were the REAL grand finals, though. Totally should have recorded them.

Kit: You don't play MK? Good job on third and doubles. Our first match was SO close, hopefully it will serve as a model for the Wario:Olimar matchup. Sorry I said your shoes were stupid, it was a heat of the moment thing. They aren't that stupid.

Blank: Man that Sonic is legit. I was worried you were gonna go Diddy on me, then you pull out Sonic and I'm like "Sweet, I got this." Then you beat me on Final? Good ****. But you're moving to GA???

Jordan: Does Kit play MK now? And DK? Why would you let him do that?

Metal: Good decision on coming to this instead of Sloth. Sorry I ha to step it up on Japes, I did get a lot of practice on that stage against Nicole. You can have your revenge Tuesday?

Razor: Still haven't played you in tournament! AND I forgot to Razor Challenge you! Get hyped for your present (but not too hyped or you'll be severely disappointed).

Twink: Nice Marth, I hope you and your crew can make it to more monthlies.

Future: I hate ICs and am very glad I didn't have to play you. But am very glad that I got to see you! And actually DO look forward to playing with you on Tuesday.

Jlo: Hey, we actually didn't have to play each other for once; I was worried you'd make me do Oli dittos again! Too bad about your loss to Razor, that second match was too good.

Uli: Finally played you a little bit in friendlies. Good times.

JBM: If you improve as much over the next month as you did between Friday and Saturay you very well may be in the top three next time.

Schism: Gotta respect anyone manly enough to whip out the pink ball of puff. I felt your pain watching Future infinite you.

Steve: You did pretty well, dude! I need to play you next time we're both at Metal's.

Nyus: Man, you have improved a lot, I think Wario is treating you well. See you Tuesday.

Captain Love: Finally played you! I heard you were King Spike, fortunately I didn't find that ut for myself. Never take me to Fino Cruise, Olimar owns that stage! :laugh:

Bonehimer: Didn't see you at this tourney. Decide it wasn't worth the drive from TX?

Ngamer 3K: Nice Yoshi, man, you're a sniper with those eggs. Hope to play you again sometime.

CTX: Don't get too down on yourself. I went to like four tournaments before I ever won a single match, let alone a set.

Smeesh: First time in a while that I didn't have to play you. Your Falcon ditto on that spiked pit of death was too hilarious, I'm definitely making a stage like that.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to come later, but as I have now said for two different tournaments the 20th I can't make it as that is the one weekend all summer that I have prior engagements in the form of my only weekend baseball tournament.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
No offense to BC, but how the **** did he place so high? Someone gimme full results so I can fix the ranking.
Grabs and Fairs

he had to play uli. uli lost first match cp dreamland won, then bc cp corneria uli stayed falcon and lost. he couldn't work the stage like bc was.
Yea that match was pretty intense... Was really fun

bc is very good at tech reading grabs with sheik against fast fallers, and thats all he had to play. bc was setting up combos very well i was impressed. i'm not sure how he would have done if he had played any other chars like samus or peach but yeah.
Thanks JBM.

Well i beat Fall's Peach? :O

-BC-

Cook

Smash Master
I vote 27th because I'm going to a tourney in St. Louis on the 20th and also because if it's on the 20th then my doubles partner would again be unable to make it due to wedding johns.

Dekline42

Smash Ace
Here's the link to the melee single's vids

All the matches on the tv not facing the bed were recorded

My capture card can't get audio atm so there's video game music on everything >.<

Lemme know if anything is wrong with the vids

Clickz

Uli

Smash Champion
Melee Singles Results

*JBM and smeesh split but i put smeesh as first anyway LOL*
1: Smeesh
1: JBM
3: Dekline
4: -BC-
5: Schiz nizz
5: ULi
7: Fall
7: Capt. Love
9: Razor
9: Jlo
9: TC
9: Dv02
13: VaderSeven
13: Bone
13: CBK
13: TIMN

Shout OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!s:

1: Joker - thanks for hosting dawg, i recorded some stuff ill make a short shiiiiitty montage for funz, you should come to jbms for some free money :O
2: Cook - olimar, i hate him but your too good!
3: Kit - gimme your controller
4: Blank - brawl + NERDDDD, GGz, way to poop me in bracket :3 ill talk to you later about brawl hack shiiit lol
5: Jordan - i also want your controller :D
7: Razor - thanks for last minute housing razor, thanks for the tips and stuff, cant wait to see yaa :D
7: Twink - good marth yo, but marth dittos are so fuucking dumb, NEVER AGAIN, im going falcon next time we meet XD (dead serious)
9: Jlo - your little furball (fox) was pretty neat to watch, your peaches is hot
9: Uli - sucks DIIIIIIICCCKK
9: The Batman - motha fuucckn LEON!!! good shhiiit jbm though, you will only get better now
13: Schism - MERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR <333
13: -BC- GG butt cock, untill next time :D
17: Captain Love - you crust bucket, but i still love you :3 GG in melee yo, keep it up
17: Bonehimer - close gamees in bracket, orpheum is a gay stage man..
17: CBK - i see you nerd some melee lol keep it up yo!
25: Vadorseven - you were a very cool guy hope to see you again
25: Smeesh - our best player gets last WTF SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!
dekline - likes boys :3
fall - good too see you again
everyone that played melee - <333333333333333333

sorry for the late results ( not that anyone cares except tyser ) i got home, went to sleep for a few hours then went to work and just got off now, but no johns lol

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Blake Cambell has seriously gone up in my book. He repped Iowa and got 4th in a Melee tournament. I just cant get the thought of this out of my head so Im going to keep bringing it up for the next week.

EDIT: Just watched videos, and BC's lack of tech skill and mindgames ended up being a super duper mindgame lol. He ran from one side of the level to the other side of the level and didnt JC grab and grabbed the person almost all the time. ****in incredible.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
This tournament was a blast, STL is very grateful that you guys had us!

Joker - Thanks for hosting, this tournament was a blast and you are very cool as always. I am really sad that I didn't get to face you in Winner's Finals because that was my goal. So close!

Cook - Andrew you chest-ie summumma beetch. I can't believe you beat me on Japes. WTF?! Grats on second!

Kit - Game and Watch did very well for you-- I really enjoyed how intense and close our first match was. I really wish that I had stayed DeDeDe against you in the second match... :( Yet again, I lose even more faith in my Metaknight.

Blank - Good **** man your Sonic is **** I was so shocked, and your Kirby is very awesome. Our teams matches had some ridiculous stuff in them, good times! Can I get some sort of official "Blank Approved Peach Slayer" tag or something? You owe me at the next tournament, you have to knock out some Game and Watches or something for me, lol.

Jordan - Why come you no convince Kit pray Wario against me? What for you train him to Game my Watches? I lawled SO HARD when you fought Razer on Green Greens and were like "Oh I am SO PATIENT!" lmfao also "I play Game and Watch like bad people play other characters!" lol that was hilarious.

Metal - Dude, you really need to stop playing Metaknight in singles against people who aren't Olimar or Ice Climbers... seriously...

Razor - You're a super cool dude, nice seeing you again. Tough luck on Green Greens vs Jordan, but honestly it's no different than, say... PIPES?!?!?!??! BAN THAT ****! lol <3

Future - Your IC's are getting really good dude, you make me proud. Next time you will place even better for sure if you don't have to fight Joker right off the bat like you did, lol

Jlo - Dude your peach is really, really good. Playing against you in teams was crazy, but singles was way more fun. I am so glad that our matches got recorded because we both did some really sick **** that was awesome. I can't wait to re-watch those.

JBM - YOU'RE BATMAN! Dude you are like one of the coolest Melee players ever. You have a great attitude about the games and you understand that they are both great, and honestly that is really hard to find around STL where I live, so I appreciate it. Your MK will get beast in no time, I'm sure. It was great meeting a real-life cool Melee player who isn't a turdlette.

Schism - Nice game and watch, work on your IC matchup a bit and you will go far. Learning to play against them helps you space and avoid grabs against everyone else, too. It's worth it.

Steave WTF STEVE. Why did you enter this tournament as "Steave"? What happened to "Alt-F4"? Real-life names are so lame, gawd. You have gotten so much better! Remember like 72 hours ago when you sucked? YOU DON'T SUCK ANYMORE! I am so proud of you! Serious improvements man, grats.

Nyus - WHO CARRIES WHO IN TEAMS!??!?!?! Dude you are getting leeeeeet I am so proud of you and Steve and Future. Wario is treating you really well and you will only improve in Teams and Singles.

Sinder - I really wish that Nyus's controller hadn't been broken in that first Teams match that we played against you, but I'm not going to john about that because the 2nd two matches that we played were really close. Your Snake is good just take some tips from Joker and you will do well I'm sure. I saw you play future's Ice Climbers and it didn't go so well the first game, but the second game you took him to Lylat and it was really close. That goes to show that you are fast on the pickup, which is a great trait to have.

Bonehimer - I legitimately thought that you were from Texas until this tournament.

Ngamer 3K - Nice Yoshi! Our singles and teams matches were really fun. Yoshi is soooooo under-rated, stick with him! He's good against MK, DeDeDe, etc. Work on the Falco and Snake matchups and you will do really well.

Vadorseven - Nice to see you again after Aerial Rave, good chats during other people's matches. You are doing well with Brawl.

CTX - Sorry we didn't get to play friendlies, but your Marth has gotten a lot better just from the last time I saw you at Kirksville. Don't let your win/loss record bug you-- it's not just about that. You have definitely visibly improved and you will continue to do so. You'll be pwning in no time :)

Smeesh - Nice job with Peach, if I hadn't gotten those Swallow-cides off, those matches would have been a lot scarier! Your Peach is good and I don't think I would have beaten JLO if I hadn't played you first, so I thank you for the on-the-spot Peach experience!

Good games all, I'm sorry if I missed anyone!

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Shout-outs!

Joker: What a surprise you won both doubles and singles.... again.... jk, good work as usual. We gotta keep winning doubles and take a circuit next time.

Cook: Congrats on the 2nd place! I think it is hilarious how we still have never played in a tournament. You have gotten soo good. Till next time friend. I like you coming up the night before as well.

Kit: Well if the first bracket would have stuck around and things played out the same you would have been in loser's first round instead of winner's finals heh. I like the character diversity I saw from you at this tournament and I think that is largely why you made it as far as you did. Good work Kit. Solid doubles sets as well, those were so intense.

Blank: I can't really be depressed that you beat me because you just out played me. They were super close match-ups and in the end I made one mistake each time that cost me the match (drill rush and missed grab both to be punished by an f-smash) Good job on fourth, see you soon.

Jordan: I think it is interesting that I consistently loose razor challenges to you, and I don't like it. I was kind of upset after dying from your d-smash at 61% after the hit despite you being hit by the explosives and living at around upper 70% but oh well. I got thinking that we only played one legit match anyway and that is the one you 2-stocked me. So you deserved to win. As I said to Kit already good stuff in teams those brackets were sooooo close.

Metal: Well I still didn't actually play you once.... that should have been remedied. Thanks for driving up here man I hope all you St. Louis folk had a good time. We play the same chars mostly and unfortunately the same awesome d3 colors. I enjoyed talking to you though. Next time we need to spend hours playing friendlies like me and future did. Hopefully see you again soon, and congrats on 5th.

Future: Well I played a little better against you this time than at Kahoka but we had some awesome matches. I still very much fear your IC's and have unpleasant feelings towards your pink dinosaur. I am still very upset that our replay didn't get saved. I mean was that the biggest upset ever? Just thinking about it gives me chills. But we had some epic matches with about every char in the game. You are my kind of player future. I hope to see you again soon too my friend.

Nyus: If you can practice up and channel that first minute of our first match you will be a serious player that will 0 to death me without touching you. There were a lot of unfortunate things about our set but mostly they lied in your 3 suicides? Was it three? Either way it was 3 or however many too many. You are a fun guy too bad we didn't get to do more friendlies :(

AltF4: I only got to play you in teams, but you have a nice ROB. I'm upset that I only really played friendlies against one person from St. Louis. I hope to see you again soon too.

CTX: I am depressed for you about your placement because you my friend have increased light years beyond your skill level at Kahoka. But as cook said both me and him got destroyed in our early tournaments so keep your head up and go get em next time. Thanks for the Razor challenge, I know it's hard for those who don't play a mass amount of chars. I hope you keep coming to our tournaments.

The Batman (JBM): As cook said you got so much better in like 12 hours, and at least 5 of those were you sleeping. I can't believe the rate as to which you got so much better. I'm going to go ahead and think that I am just that high tier of a teacher. I really hope you keep practicing and not let go of what you built up this weekend. I mean you got 9th out of 30. That is hardcore. No problems about housing you guys it was cool to spend more time with you guys than just the normal time at the tournament before you guys leave. Thanks for the melee coaching as well but I didn't do dynamically better like you did heh. Well I will see you at your tournament in a feel weeks.

Uli: Same goes as what I said for JBM. You got way better over the 12 hours in Des Moines as well. Keep working on those grab releases on mk that will make you a force to be reckoned with. Good job on placing 9th as well. See you in a few weeks.

Dekline: I had never spoken to you until this weekend. You are a cool guy and thanks for the tips in melee. I almost had you in pools, if I ever would have connected with my rest that was inches away literally ever time I missed. I will see you in a few weeks as well.

Smeesh: Brawl wasn't as fortunate to you this time around. I enjoyed our 4 Razor challenges however heh. Falcon dittos were too good as well. Keep playing and you will take a razor challenge from me next time.

NGamer / Vader: Iowa city folk! I only played vader and that was in melee but I liked what I saw for brawl. I hope you guys keep coming to our monthlies.

Grinnell: I can't say that I played any of you period in teams or singles but I love the fact that big crews are coming to your tournaments. I hope you guys can keep making it.

Kamig / Bad: I really enjoyed both of you and was happy you made it out. Don't get discouraged about placements and keep your heads up. I really enjoyed our team matches. Hopefully next time we can play some friendlies and I can offer some tips to help in tournament matches. I hope both of you guys make the next tournament.

B.C: congrats on melee, but brawl wasn't the same story. I'm sorry but the not playing john doesn't work, because that obviously isn't my fault. I could see the old bc in there but just kinda covered in rust. I did learn how to fight spammy diddys but still. Practice up man and get me next tournament.

Jlo: You are a **** and I saved you for last. Good matches between me and you. I won the first somewhat comfortably then you pwned me in the second but then I kinda took back over for the third. You're slowly getting closer to winning like you plan to do. You and blank got a good thing goin in teams I hope that keeps working out for ya. See you soon.

Um I hope that is everyone, if I forgot people sorry.... there were a lot of people at this tournament. I had a great time.

Sekou: Joker is just too good that is why he again took the money. Weekdays may be hard to work with me as my schedule is different week to week. Lets get something planned out quickly though. I believe this Thursday night I am free.

Nyus

Smash Cadet
Great tournament guys! It was a ton of fun.
Shout-outs!

Joker - Appreciate the hosting and housing for us STL man. Your snake is very mean and those team combos with you can razor were awesome! Nice job on getting first.

Cook - I hate you sooo much. That **** olimar has become an even greater monster! "Olimar can't die off the top" /glare ROFL. Good job on getting 2nd man.

Kit - Greater wario man and a nice job in teams figuring out our strategy and countering to pwn us lol. You have a nice variety of characters that your **** good with as well.

Blank - We had some nice friendlies friday night where I think we played the entire cast against each other lol. Your sonic has become fearsome and the kirby is just insane as usual. Great job sir.

Jordan - Listening to you comment while kit plays is near the funniest stuff I have ever heard lol. You have a great game and watch man. Keep up the good work man. "I play game and watch like other bad players play characters" lmfao!!!

Metal - WHO CARRIES WHO IN TEAMS!?!?!?!? lmfao!!! If you weren't there we would have lost our first match mang. Great job on getting 5th with that DDD. He's becoming a monster.

Razor- man razor, I feel terrible about all those suicides in our match because it probably could have been a good one. You're a really cool guy and we need to play some more next time. Great MK as well btw.

Future - Your IC's are getting nasty sir. I expect to be pwned by them quite a bit here tuesday. Keep up the good work. Also, I think you have to tie the big furry eyed ***** you bought to your pants next time lmfao!

Jlo - Man, your peach is amazing. I really had almost no idea what to do against ya in teams. Your singles matches were amazing as well. Look forwards to playing with you and the rest of the IOWA group again soon.

JBM - I didn't get to play against ya which saddens me but I saw you playing melee and your insane man. Hopefully we can get some games in next time.

Schism - We had a really close match man. Your Game and Watch is good. Keep up the good work! **** that turtle to hell!!! <3 It was really fun playing against ya and hopefully we can do it again.

Steave - Yay you went to a tournament and now have become really good! Nice job in there steve. You played very well and very consistent. I can't wait until the next tournament.

Nyus - WTF you blow! Learn how to save your teammates whenever they are in trouble noob!

Sinder - We had a very close teams match. You have a great snake so keep up the good work man. Also, I call controller johns!!!! /slaps myself. Haha the first match was very interesting.

Bonehimer - I don't think I got to play against ya man but hopefully next time we can fix that.

Ngamer 3K - Very nice yoshi. Luckily future plays yoshi so I knew a little of what to do against ya in teams but that didn't stop you from mind gaming me a few times lol. You had some nice singles matches as well so, keep up the good work!

Vadorseven
- Like a few others I don't think I got to play you at all :(. I need to just start asking everyone to play a match so I can stop posting stuff like this.

CTX - Your marth has become a lot better since I watched you play in kahoka. We need to play some friendlies next time as well!

Smeesh - Yet another really good peach that was there. Great job man! I don't think I got to play you but my memory is terrible so we may have played in teams. Either way, good job mate!

Teh Future

Smash Master
Short y sweet shoutouts

Joker: You are ******** good at this game. Next time I will counterpick inteligently and play smart though, I cant wait till our next tournament set. Thanks for housing us and hosting the tournament

Cook: nice job on second and taking the first set of GFs off joker. it seems like most
MO has trouble vs MK, we need to change that and we will be wondeful :)

Kit: I think we only played once :( we definitely need some more friendlies at Ogres

Blank: You are an incredible player. And never pick kirby vs characters that grab a lot, its just no fun :(

Jordan: Ill make you a deal, next set we play I wont run into any gay upsmashes, and you wont get grabbed. LOL good games they were too close. I told myself I would never loose to a G&W and I think I got too comfortable near the end, but you definitely are the best G&W Ive played and earned the win.

Razor: Im glad you were playing better than in kahoka, you are a blast to play in friendlies. Watch out though, I plan on learning the metaknight matchup instead of just pretending MK doesnt exist.

Jlo: We need more Peach vs Icies matches, they are a lot of fun now that I know the matchup. Your peach is awesome, keep improving and watch out for that D3 bair lol. Your matches vs metal were probably the most entertaining of the tournament.

STL: why would I want to say anything to you, I rode in a car back for 6 hours D:

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Shout-outs!

Kamig / Bad: I really enjoyed both of you and was happy you made it out. Don't get discouraged about placements and keep your heads up. I really enjoyed our team matches. Hopefully next time we can play some friendlies and I can offer some tips to help in tournament matches. I hope both of you guys make the next tournament.
Thanks I had alot of fun even though we lost, I'm feeling more confident with ZSS than with snake all together so I might move her up to my 1st/main

also Razor in case you didn't know I made it to montly #8 for street fighter 4, because I was sucking at brawl that day but I didn't meet you at that monthly.

GGs everyone that I played and hopefully more of you guys get interested in Tatsunoko vs. capcom.

Joker: thanks for hosting TvC I LOVE that game and i'm glad someone can host for tourneys because i'm pretty good at it :)

Thanks for Namco X Capcom Blank next time bad and I need to get our mirror team match with joker in, i'll be awesome :)

Tacoom

Smash Lord
JBM - YOU'RE BATMAN! Dude you are like one of the coolest Melee players ever. You have a great attitude about the games and you understand that they are both great, and honestly that is really hard to find around STL where I live, so I appreciate it. Your MK will get beast in no time, I'm sure. It was great meeting a real-life cool Melee player who isn't a turdlette.
Dont encourage him
I can see his big head 20 miles from were i stand
besides, there is only one batman. we call him the black games

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
good **** cook!
:D

Also, what happened Jordan? Losing to a sonic? That's not the GW I know. I know something's wrong. Well, everyone I now has got a reason to say "put the past away".

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Nah I went Kirby against Jordan. It was really close, and we kept killing each other at like 80% whenever we thought one person had the lead. He probably would've taken the match on Norfair but the lava killed him really low first stock.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Sorry I was such a huuuuge **** this time.
Just trying new things out..?
I'm not going to continue it.

Joker: Good games! Please stop cheating. :p

Razor: We didn't play at all!!! :( :( :(

Blank: We didn't play, but excellent choices on your hacked copy. :099:

Jordan: NOW who's never beaten whom in a tournament?

JLO: I don't know what you're talking about. Hardee's is the worst.

Metal: Except some beasty Wario from me next time.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So, has anyone kept up with Bayonetta? Joker, it seems like your kind of game, made by the same guys behind DMC, God Hand and Okami. Just found some recent new trailers a while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDKlSmM7PEE&fmt=18
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_11077_en.html

The new Beyond Good And Evil game has me interested too, it reminds me of a Bourne movie for some reason.

http://kotaku.com/5246177/is-this-new-beyond-good--evil-2-footage?skyline=true&s=x

If anyone watches E3 they should totally post if anything cool goes on.

Oh and I just finished watching the new Dead Fantasy previews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1dUjDaSyzY

Tifa is rapesauce.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
nah, all they will most likely talk about is more awesoem games like wii music and more of her

maybe some of this too

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
e3 is gonna be the shits this year with a bunch of new things being uncovered. i cant wait to watch the press confernece of nintendo and sony tomorrow. also the press confernece of SQUARE ENIX and KONAMI on wednesday. all i kno for sure is that the new psp is pretty funny lookin

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
The only thing I have seen from e3 that i found interesting was the new metal gear game for the 360

I was expecting for someone in this trailer to say "I fight for my friends"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jpzCAHDCGE
I expected "I fight for pizza!" Shows what I know about TMNT. =\

The new PSP is kind of mindblowing. No discs? So to combat software piracy they make a system thats entirely software-based? Huh, well at least more games will come since they no longer are required to publish+mass produce. Future of all vidja games there.

I call a new Mario game to be announced tomorrow. Callin it right now.

Edit: Kudou I think I found the best vocaloid singer ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7iC4_qBL5A&feature=related&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xCs7z6q2pA&feature=related&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrPjHuDW3B8&feature=related&fmt=18

Take that Hatsune Miku.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well blank, everybody already know that nintendo is already goin to announce another mario game. that already a given since they always do \(^o^)/. either way, im just excited to watch everybody's press conferences and game demos, its goin to be epic.

personally i like Hatsune Mike a lot since she pretty much does japanese covers. Megurine Luka is pretty good herself but she does a lot of english covers, which isnt too much to my likeings.
;_; they're both good though

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Ok first off this is Steve... or Steave. I should have used my tag but when I saw "name" I just instinctively put down my real name (nub johns)

This was the first tourney that I traveled more than a half hour from house, and it was worth every second of being trapped next to future for a total of 12-13 hours. Not only did I learn a lot, I had an amazing time.

Sorry if I miss you I didn't catch a lot of names (when I first meet you I am kind of quiet but, as the rest of STL knows, I get comfortable pretty quickly). Anyway on with the shout outs.

Joker: thanks for everything, especially housing. I think you teched more times in one game intentionally than I have ever done acidentally (the only way I ever tech). Seriously you are good.

Razor: good stuff man, sorry we didn't get to play more. Friday night I was really tired and thought that if I started playing and doing bad, it would affect me at the actual tourney

Jordan: good meeting you after hearing so much about you. Good G&W, by aerial rave I should be even better.

Kit: I honestly didn't get to see you play too much, but what I saw was some good Wario action.

JBM: the only reason my ROB did anything to you was because you were unfamiliar with the match up, next time you will destroy me.

Blank: You're sonic was amazing. I hope you get him even better before the next time I see it, I just wanna see how good he can get. At least you can always fall back on Kirby.

Twink: your marth was good, but next time I will win ;) .

Andrew: Man the last time I saw you, you were good, but holy crap that was amazing. All I can say is there was so much great whistling.

Metal: so close to top 3 :( thanks for all the help, and patience in trying to break my noob ways

Nyus: once you get a little more wario under your belt you will be taking down people all over.

Future: WE'RE ON A BOAT

If I forgot you I'm really sorry, I hope STL comes out again for it sometime soon.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Okay, finally finished School Days and I must say it's easily the worst anime I have ever watched ever. Not because I hated the characters but the story was completely stupid and the whole thing in general was so unrealistic I couldnt believe it. The only good parts of the anime was 0:01-5:00 in episode 1. Everything else was FUCKING TERRIBLE!

(-2)/5 STARS and biggest waste of time ever.

EDIT: FML right now.

Uli

Smash Champion
school days was fun to watch imo, my head exploded because i didnt see it coming XD
new psp looks dope as fuuuuck, might want :O
i love that gif of the dude playing wii music XD

so next tourny is the 27th, ill see wut i can do

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
The ending is worst than gay porn and child porn combined. Even before the end, the anime was complete and utter shit anyways. Seriously, biggest waste of time in the history of my life.

For those who feel like raging who have seen TTGL, you should check out this abomination:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa1CnefXKZE

And if you wanna laugh and rage at the same time, then watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ijZVnUN2M

That second one makes me feel ashamed to be the same species as him.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
The new PSP is kind of mindblowing. No discs? So to combat software piracy they make a system thats entirely software-based? Huh, well at least more games will come since they no longer are required to publish+mass produce. Future of all vidja games there.
ok after alittle bit of lookin into it, the new psp is call the psp go (yeah that pretty original). from what i've read from John Koller, the director of hardware marketing, here is the low down on the new psp.

3.8-inch display (resolution is undisclosed)
43 percent lighter than the PSP-3000
16GB of Flash storage
Bluetooth built-in; supports handset tethering and BT headsets
No UMD drive
Memory Stick Micro slot
New Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet and new Metal Gear Solid (!) on the way
Full PlayStation Network support (movie and TV rentals / purchases)
Integration with PlayStation 3 (works the same as the PSP-3000 does)
Sony views each of its products as "10-year lifecycle products," so the PSP "needs to live on."

somethings that stand out to me is that the new psp has 16gb storage in its hardrive so all the memory goes straight into that. u can put a memory stick in it for extra strorage. it has no umd drive and usb port so there is no way to put downloaded games into it via usb. if u can put downloaded games into then its gonna be via a sd card reader i assume. but that totally goes by the fact that it seems that dark alex would have to find a new way to hack the new psp go. i watched that u have to buy ur games via digitally, so downloading is something that is goin to take a while to do for the new psp. all in all, its seems like something kool at first but when u think about it, its a lot more better to just buy a psp 1000 or 2000 series and play download games on a hacked system for free instead of getting the new psp go and buyin all ur games, music, and videos.

Top Bottom