• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
I am gonna train a Shuckle, get ready for some exciting battles with the moves Wrap and Encore.

Also, Iowa is now king pokemon.

It's all grass type. Be aware.

Jordan and I would like to be considered part of the Iowa crew, like Kentucky considers itself part of the midwest.
you are both now part of the iowa pokemon crew, be proud.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
If I bring my Wii it probably still has my old pokemon on there for PBR. Gunna get swept yee.

I'm pretty sure PBR lets you do lvl 100 battles, just not online.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Idk what episode its from, except that its not actually Ash i dont think. If only the anime was based on the manga, but then it'd be too short.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
i should just start playin some pokemon seriously like every1 else so i can feel like i fit in \(^o^)/. but im too lazy to Ev and Iv train ;_; anyways, any ppl doin anything tonight or something? im just bored here playin some yugioh and pokemon

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
It may seem daunting at first but it really isn't as bad as it looks. EV training done right should take about 15-30 min. Breeding for IVs is the hard part, but once you have a couple with good IVs you just ***** them around for breeding purposes.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
So my house doesnt have inter-web, so im out of the loop of whats going on. As of now i plan on coming down sometime this week. Not sure about Zash, i think he is dead. And i got a copy of blazblue limited ed reserved, i am so pumped to play that.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
It may seem daunting at first but it really isn't as bad as it looks. EV training done right should take about 15-30 min. Breeding for IVs is the hard part, but once you have a couple with good IVs you just ***** them around for breeding purposes.
well my biggest problem is how to make a team, i have no idea on who's good for what and whats good. u should link me to some sites so i can get started. well first i think i should beat platinum before i start

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
alright good stuff, now i just have to pick up the game again and beat it. since everybody has a trainer for their avatar, Greg=Blue, Matt=Red, Juan=Gold, i might as well have one too, i pick Green cause shes pretty funny in the manga.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Kit and Jordan: Sounds good to me bout you guys joining Iowa crew. We are glad to have the realest team there is as part of our crew.

If games are going on kinda later tonight I can come. I will be busy until around 9 I believe, but if people will be there still for some time I will come down, probably with Jlo and maybe Luger. Kudou are u going to be there? Cause I wants me wii hacked.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
I changed my avatar cause there is already a gym leader named Juan.

He is fabulous.

Also for building a team, there are different ways you can approach it. However to start your first team I would just say you go standard build with a physical wall, special wall, then some special/physical sweepers or support pokemon.

Try lurking the Rate My Team smogon forum to see what type of teams people build and get ideas. Just don't fallow anything crazy.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Kit and Jordan: Sounds good to me bout you guys joining Iowa crew. We are glad to have the realest team there is as part of our crew.

If games are going on kinda later tonight I can come. I will be busy until around 9 I believe, but if people will be there still for some time I will come down, probably with Jlo and maybe Luger. Kudou are u going to be there? Cause I wants me wii hacked.
well i could show up later tonight, it just depends on who all gonna be there

He is fabulous.

Also for building a team, there are different ways you can approach it. However to start your first team I would just say you go standard build with a physical wall, special wall, then some special/physical sweepers or support pokemon.

Try lurking the Rate My Team smogon forum to see what type of teams people build and get ideas. Just don't fallow anything crazy.

alright good stuff, i just gotta beat the game then ima start doin some EV and IV training stuff

~GregDang!~

Smash Master

He is fabulous.

Do you have a Female Duskull with an Impish Nature? I'm tired of waiting for mine to come out with one.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
alright good stuff, now i just have to pick up the game again and beat it. since everybody has a trainer for their avatar, Greg=Blue, Matt=Red, Juan=Gold, i might as well have one too, i pick Green cause shes pretty funny in the manga.
Actually since I nerd this manga, Blue is the girl and Green is the guy/gary. Red's already in my sig so Im probably switching my avatar to Sapphire or something

edit: Oh yeah! best avatar

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well here in america (lol), Blue (Green in Japan) is Red's rival and Green (Blue in Japan) is a wily con-artist, its just switched around for coufusion purposes \(^o^)/. also dont pick Sapphire, she's from the third generation and nobody likes the third generation. u might as well pick Diamond or something

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yea, 3rd Gen had a lot of stuff missing from it that the previous games had like Time, Day and Night, Ruby and Sapphire had no VS. Seeker. I was so disappointed. The Pokemon were cool though. :laugh:

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
3rd gen was sweet when it first came out, the Battle Frontier blew my mind with awesomeness. Groudon and Kyogre were cool, they're still the most used Uber Pokemon in the game. They still had day and night except they decided not to make it get dark ever, but you can still evolve eevee into espeon and umbreon. I never used my Vs Seeker in FireRed to be honest, I just got the shiny starters.

Emerald was a great game imo. It had the Battle Frontier, it introduced the magma armor hatching trick, it introduced everstone breeding, it had a cloning glitch, you could synchronize natures, and Salamence and Metagross are from those games.

The only thing that disappointed me I guess was that your rival was a wuss, they didnt even get to their final level and you cant rebattle them ever again after you beat them in lilycove.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Hey Razor, think you could pick me up for Jokers? I have no school on Monday so I should be good for it.

I can probably hack your wii too. So long as its not 4.0.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well love needs to do some errands first so i can pick u up then i can pick love up to do whatever then we can go to joker. or i can pick love up and do his errands than i can go and pick u up then we can go to jokers. choose ur pick

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Boii I was on the bandwagon a long time ago but my cousins took my DS and lost my Pearl. I still have a few pokemon on my PBR but it may or may not be enough for a full team. My Suicune ;_;

Either way I think I'm going to play Platinum on emulator until I have an R4 and can find my DS, then I should be able to transfer save files.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
alright good stuff, i just gotta beat the game then ima start doin some EV and IV training stuff
Now your talking, first enjoy playing the game then the real training begins >.<

im callin out a pkmn tourney
next time im around
2 wii set ups should be good
just take them from brawlol
since melee runs on cube power
Well now that everyone is getting into Pokemon I should do one o.0
But first we need to find a way to have the Pokemon's at Lv. 100 cause Lv. 50 sucks T.T

I love the manga
Who IS that lady anyways, by the way the manga looks too good 0.0

3rd gen was sweet when it first came out, the Battle Frontier blew my mind with awesomeness. Groudon and Kyogre were cool, they're still the most used Uber Pokemon in the game. They still had day and night except they decided not to make it get dark ever, but you can still evolve eevee into espeon and umbreon. I never used my Vs Seeker in FireRed to be honest, I just got the shiny starters.
That is right time was in the game it just didn't show, I think I only played that game once sold it and forgot about it, then again this was before I knew about this whole IVs and EVs.

Emerald was a great game imo. It had the Battle Frontier, it introduced the magma armor hatching trick, it introduced everstone breeding, it had a cloning glitch, you could synchronize natures, and Salamence and Metagross are from those games.
Don't forget Gardevoir <3

So I finish EV training my Ninetails and Persian, but now I need to start doing the rest all over again T.T
Those Pokemon that have Hidden Moves are a pain, cause not only you need to breed one with good IVs but it also needs to have the HM that you need.

And while we are on this PKMN subject anybody have an Impish Ditto or a PKMN with the ability Synchronize that's Impish

When a Pokémon with this ability is first in the party (even if it is fainted) when entering battle against a wild Pokémon, there is a 50% chance of making the wild Pokémon's nature correspond to the nature of the Pokémon with this ability.

Actually I need an Impish and Relaxed Ditto then I'll have every single one ^.^

Top Bottom