• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I haven't gone and got my Dittos yet. :laugh: I only got bad ones except for Timid. I'll look to see if I have any Synchronize Impish guy/gal.

Edit: I need to borrow a Adamant Ditto from you guy cuz I decided not to use Inferape and went with Heracross instead.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I do my ditto searching in Emerald, Desert Underpass ftw. Another good thing about Emerald is that there's this guy that can tell you how good your pokemon is based on its IVs and which stat has the highest IV

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I havent even touched the Frontier in Platinum yet so I wouldnt know. In 4th Gen there's something on the summary page of your pokemon that tells you the highest IV anyway

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
All of this pkmn talk is making me want to bust it out again lol. I think thats what i will do over my 2 week army thing. Just the drive out there is like 10 hours, so i could get a good chunk out of it.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
does anything ever happen in that pokemon game? I watched like 4 minutes of it and there was one attack.

I had no ****ING clue waht was going on.....

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
who can show up to Joker's today? I actually don't have anything going on for the rest of the night... for the first time ever? Blank / kudou can one of you be there? I think I am going to come for sure tonight. There are no maybes that I have been attaching lately.

Get back to me as soon as possible so I can make the arrangements.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Joker is blank at your house? I am bringing my wii to get hacked :) I don't think Jlo is coming.

Andy can Vos come? Get team Ames some work?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
im most likely not gonna be at jokers till friday or so. im pretty low on gas and have to save some money so i have to try to drive as less as possible

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'm not at Joker's house at the moment.

Namco X Capcom is so good. LeiLei teaming with Fonling and King teaming with Felicia lool.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Hey my Wii is version 3.4U can you hack that? All I want is unlimited time replays, tags visible for replays, music modifier, and brawl+.

I'm gonna bring it, bring your brawl+ too blank I wanna play that.

I'm gonna leave in like 10 min so I should be there at like 7:30. Get ready.

Uli

Smash Champion
wtf has been going on dudes, all i see are pokemanz

people ready to get pooped in brawl?!

Twinkieftw

Smash Cadet
Hello, fellows. Been a while, lol.

A group from Grinnell are coming down again for this monthly since our school year ends on Friday, the day before, haha.
We'll probably bring 5-6, including myself, and participate mostly in brawl, some of us in melee.
Hope you don't mind. (:
We want to see if we've gotten any better, especially since we got owned last time. ;P

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
hey joker, bone, or love. im tryin to figure out a team to make and this is what i think that im gonna try to make and this is what i have so far.

Metagross - Lead
Jolteon - Choice Specs
Gyarados - Sleep Talker
Heatran - Choice Scarf
Lucario or Scizor - Sweeper

i dont kno who to put in my last spot. anything advice would help since i want to try to make this team as decent as possible. i need to find out what to put as my last pokemon

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
hey joker, bone, or love. im tryin to figure out a team to make and this is what i think that im gonna try to make and this is what i have so far.

Metagross - Lead
Jolteon - Choice Specs
Gyarados - Sleep Talker
Heatran - Choice Scarf

i dont kno who to put in my last spot. anything advice would help since i want to try to make this team as decent as possible. i need to find out what to put as my last pokemon
This is my opinion, but my opinion is far from great

Metagross is a good lead I guess, it takes out the usual ones like Aerodactyl, Azelf and Weavile

Specs Jolteon's interesting

Gyarados - I never liked sleep talkers but whatever floats your boat

Heatran- is a bitch, good for you

Lucario/Scizor - I'd personally say Scizor since if you use Lucario, there'll be 4 pokemon that get shit on by earthquake, Heatran dies the easiest. Scizor also has a redunkulously strong priority move which I dont think anyone esle on the team has, but Im a hypocrite since I dont use priority moves too much. Scizor's also the most used pokemon in the game so there's that.

6th guy - I'd highly suggest something that cant get hit by ground type moves. You dont really need a spinner since only Gyarados gets decimated by stealth rock. Another guy to take electric moves would be nice incase Jolteon dies. It'd be nice to make room for a fighting type that isnt Lucario for the sake of killing tyranitar and blissey, maybe a machamp cuz that guy's rigged.

Wait a second, you're Blue/Green. Throw a Blastoise in there
EDIT: Like Tyser said, we're probably screwed for this tournament

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Just got back from the Strip Club! For Heatran, Make sure you save before fighting him and then battle, catch it, and take a look to see if it has the right Nature, then IV check it on Serebii.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Tyser I hope that is a mind game again and you actually will be there.

Twink that's awesome that you are coming again with your crew. I was actually thinking the other day about how to get in contact with your group to make another appearance.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Is that translated???
Yep, english patch last updated February and still being worked on. It has a few grammar errors but most of it makes sense and the game is very much playable.

Glad to hear that Grinnell is coming again. GGs at Joker's, *Yawn* sleepy...

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman

Metagross - Lead
Jolteon - Choice Specs
Gyarados - Sleep Talker
Heatran - Choice Scarf

Metagross is Metagross there is nothing to discuss.

Jolteon - I am guessing you are going for hidden power Ice/Grass? Its cool but its gonna be a ***** to get it. If you go for grass then your team will lack any ice moves which are a key to dealing with slamance, garchomp and its just a good type of attack to have around. Maybe this is what your sixth pokemon should be.

Heatran - He can get Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power Ice so this moves can deal with the threats mentioned above.

Gyarados - Seems good, when I first saw your team I thought you had too many sweepers or attackers but then realize your Gyarados isn't like mine built to sweep. Also noticed your jolteon is a scout so I can see how Gyarados could come in on expecting counters for jolteon.

Lucario or Scizor - I am not familiar with either.

I was gonna recommend Togekiss as a special tank or as a baton passer to give Jolteon/Heatran nasty plot but then that would weaken your team to stealth rock in which case you would need a rapid spinner in your team.

However there is always Umbreon who can also baton pass Wish or after a Mean Look/Taunt/ Yawn/ Toxic.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
You don't have to worry about Garchomp though. He's an Uber, but still need someone with an Ice move to take down Dragons.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I honestly wouldnt batonpass anything to a choice user. It might make them powerful beyond belief, but if a good enough counter comes in, you're gonna be forced to switch and lose your boost completely

You can give Gyarados Ice fang for those dragons, or give Lucario Ice punch if you choose him, but he gets outspeeded by salamence.

A Stealth rock user could be good. It takes care of guys like Zapdos, Salamence, Gyarados, and Charizard lol.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54478

this is useful

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
This is my opinion, but my opinion is far from great

Metagross is a good lead I guess, it takes out the usual ones like Aerodactyl, Azelf and Weavile

Specs Jolteon's interesting

Gyarados - I never liked sleep talkers but whatever floats your boat

Heatran- is a bitch, good for you

Lucario/Scizor - I'd personally say Scizor since if you use Lucario, there'll be 4 pokemon that get shit on by earthquake, Heatran dies the easiest. Scizor also has a redunkulously strong priority move which I dont think anyone esle on the team has, but Im a hypocrite since I dont use priority moves too much. Scizor's also the most used pokemon in the game so there's that.

6th guy - I'd highly suggest something that cant get hit by ground type moves. You dont really need a spinner since only Gyarados gets decimated by stealth rock. Another guy to take electric moves would be nice incase Jolteon dies. It'd be nice to make room for a fighting type that isnt Lucario for the sake of killing tyranitar and blissey, maybe a machamp cuz that guy's rigged.

Wait a second, you're Blue/Green. Throw a Blastoise in there
EDIT: Like Tyser said, we're probably screwed for this tournament
Metagross is Metagross there is nothing to discuss.

Jolteon - I am guessing you are going for hidden power Ice/Grass? Its cool but its gonna be a ***** to get it. If you go for grass then your team will lack any ice moves which are a key to dealing with slamance, garchomp and its just a good type of attack to have around. Maybe this is what your sixth pokemon should be.

Heatran - He can get Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power Ice so this moves can deal with the threats mentioned above.

Gyarados - Seems good, when I first saw your team I thought you had too many sweepers or attackers but then realize your Gyarados isn't like mine built to sweep. Also noticed your jolteon is a scout so I can see how Gyarados could come in on expecting counters for jolteon.

Lucario or Scizor - I am not familiar with either.

I was gonna recommend Togekiss as a special tank or as a baton passer to give Jolteon/Heatran nasty plot but then that would weaken your team to stealth rock in which case you would need a rapid spinner in your team.

However there is always Umbreon who can also baton pass Wish or after a Mean Look/Taunt/ Yawn/ Toxic.
alright good stuff for the information. i really appreate it but here is a little bit more indepth on move sets and what i think on my choices.

Metagross
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion

i read somewhere that metagross is just a good lead in plat. so i decided to just roll with him, not much there

Jolteon
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power (grass)
- Baton Pass

with jolteon, Hidden power grass is to take out swampert and can wreck a little damage to Tyranitars from what i've read. Baton Pass so i can get out intimidate switches with Gyarados for early/mid game

Gyarados
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Waterfall
- SleepTalk

gyarados is there to wreck up a lot of damage but not there to sweep cause like bone said, i would have too many attackers or sweepers. also he can be a status absorber with the rest+sleeptalk combo

Heatran
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power (ice)
- Explosion

revenge killer and hidden power (ice) to take out dragons like salamence and dragonite. Explodes at the late game when the job is done

Scizor - leaning towards scizor now indead of lucario
- Bullet Punch
- Super Power
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

just there to be my mid/late game sweeper, not much really there as well.

well this is what im shooting for but im still pretty unsure on how this team will work out, still undecided on whom the 6th person would be
;_;

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Yep, english patch last updated February and still being worked on. It has a few grammar errors but most of it makes sense and the game is very much playable.

Glad to hear that Grinnell is coming again. GGs at Joker's, *Yawn* sleepy...
****! I didn't think anyone was interested in that game anymore I REALLY want to play it but I don't want to import and I don't want to take the time to torrent it.

for anybody that likes youtube poop this is a good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljMQgm90XBs&NR=1

Top Bottom