• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introduction To Perfect Resting

Metatitan

Smash Master
Well since Veril is the main restmaster ill let him handle teaching the advanced stuff :p
I'm just hosting a class a few times this week to try and get jigglypuff users to learn how to perform basic perfect rests. Sign up here and i'll try n squeeze u in :bee:

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm signing up for this, I just dittoed Meta and lost. But I tried resting him several thousand times and got a few good ones. Lol

Metatitan

Smash Master
work on your bair approaches also chaco; that move is the basis of jigglypuff's playstyle

and probly the only move that lets u remain nonshieldgrabbed xD

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I have been having some trouble with rests lately.

I can lag rest, drill rest, rest interrupt, and in some cases single hit rest cancels with ease, but I have been having a lot of trouble perfect sheild resting and preforming a simple, perfect rest.

It may just be lag, but I have been missing with these. I may do it sometime this week Meta.

ggs btw xD.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Eh, not sure about this.
What exactly will I learn? :mad:
You don't explain enuffff.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
well the first lesson would be perfect resting a jigglypuff's f smash with shield, then without shield. we'd move on to more difficult stuff from that
Alright, that's a little more specific. Sign me up, then. :)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay just after playing Meta, I learned how to rest a lot better. Lol

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
sounds fun (and just slightly based on my recommendations)

Sign me up!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
lolwut Chaco? You play Jiggs? Since when?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol uhm, I don't really play him. I just play around with him and beast the other Jiggs users.

XD

PND

Smash Champion
I would actually be scared to sign up for this class. . . I'm scared playing on wifi would mess up my timing for offline perfect rests.

(not saying it's a bad idea, just saying that I suck at adapting to timing changes like that. Hell, I can't play with a wavebird at all because of it)

Veril

Frame Savant
zomg ur too phail for my class gtfo <3
that's not very nice :urg: I just wanna learn! You Jiggs players are soooo mean.

@ Mike: Wifi timing for perfect resting IS different. I can't do it at all online... and uh... I'm godly with it offline because I knows all teh secrets. (inflates ego)

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
My perfect rests are not perfect in the slightest, more get the guy into a corner rests. I've just started doing spot dodge resting, real fun, but not super reliable.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
I would like to sign up for this. I took Jiggly online yesterday and tried some competitive matches in Anyone Brawl. I didn't do too well in some matches and struggled. I couldn't hardly nail a rest. I switched controllers too. At one point I just started fighting normal and just not focus so much on a rest. I did though manage to get about 3 surprise ones on the other guys, but I know it takes practice and time. I would need to know who are the online people so I can get their friend codes. I do want to make my Jiggly a force to reckon with. :)

PND

Smash Champion
Generally, Jiggs fails online. She requires such timing and preciseness to be effective that any lag will just get you punished, killed, maimed, and tortured.

Veril

Frame Savant
Generally, Jiggs fails online. She requires such timing and preciseness to be effective that any lag will just get you punished, killed, maimed, and tortured.
true story.

yet there are some wins online with Jiggs though? I only would play online.
I play online. Mike is right.

Also, I legit main Jiggs for tourney play. So there :p

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I'm a blind mutant fish, so my Jiggs is pretty good online. As is known, I do online tournaments, and I generally place well solo Jiggs when I don't run into a G&W. :O

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
so are you saying that Jiggs NEVER wins online?
Depends on the lag. Lag can screw up other people spacing and make for a couple easy rests, like if they spot dodge in a ton of lag. That's really it though. It doesn't screw her over as bad as other characters though, like Diddy and Ice Climbers.

fix'd spoonbob ;o
God, I know. Metatitan is so ****ing broken.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
I'm a blind mutant fish, so my Jiggs is pretty good online. As is known, I do online tournaments, and I generally place well solo Jiggs when I don't run into a G&W. :O
Well that is encouraging to hear. :)

Depends on the lag. Lag can screw up other people spacing and make for a couple easy rests, like if they spot dodge in a ton of lag. That's really it though. It doesn't screw her over as bad as other characters though, like Diddy and Ice Climbers.

God, I know. Metatitan is so ****ing broken.
I will watch out for lag, but usually my matches don't have much lag online. I just need to nail some moves and tactics. Jiggly is different feeling from Pokemon Trainer. Yet I will stay committed to Jiggs. I like Jiggs. Especially after last night, I was fighting against a Pika and doing "okay" (well okay is so bland, but I was surprised at how the forward b move helped a lot and how I got out of the Pika downsmash with Jiggs a couple of times. Jiggs seems to have a way to get out of that move by moving away from it when caught in it.

Well I am here so I hope to learn what I can and make it work for me online.

I will add some of you to my FC list in Brawl.

PND

Smash Champion
Her lightweight allows her to DI out of moves well. . . and she can get out of some situations that no other characters can with it. It takes less with her than other characters, so she's basically a playable trainer course on smash DI, like a Fisher Price "My First Smash DI Playset". (tm)

Not only that, but playing her teaches you the importance of good / god DI. Like, you HAVE to have good DI to play Jiggs competitively.

Top Bottom