• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introducing the new Whorenado.

replicate

Smash Lord
Peach's downsmash is honestly not that hard to avoid. . . .

I don't want to sound like a prick here, but the dsmash in melee doesn't MOVE. You can't start it, move across the stage, hit your opponent, then fly back out again.

I'm not saying that it's not a great move, but most Peach players will tell you that's it's more situational than anything. Peach approaches with float canceled airs and turnips, and nearly every character has a move to punish downsmash effectively if they see her spamming it (or, in higher-level play, if they do it once without a purpose). Besides, nobody rushes a downsmashing peach anyways.

I'm not saying it's not a good move, but from what I've seen MK's tornado is much more abusable just from the fact that you can approach, combo, then retreat with it all in one go. If someone's standing a ways away from you, you can tornado over to them. If they shield, you can wait for it a bit then retreat again, and if they get hit you can keep going, combo them a little, then retreat with a hitbox on every side of your body. To me, the mobility in it makes it a much more viable (and abusable) move than Peach's downsmash.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I think all of you are forgetting something in your determining how retardedly overpowered MK's tornado is.

It has 0 landing lag.

None. Absolutely none. So not only does it: Shield poke, punish spot-dodges, chase, outprioritize practically everything (that list of attacks that goes through the tornado is a joke. Bowser's f-tilt? What kind of ****ed up MK will run into an f-tilt?), punishes, is afaik the BEST EDGE GUARD IN THE GAME, and has ZERO LAG.

It's ********. My noob friend can come close to beating me by using only 2 inputs: B, and the analog stick.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
This move is crazy, anyone know how to cancel it out when it's already executed and he's whirling around and such?
Ness counters MK. It's the only reason why I'm still playing Brawl. Either that or someone with a good disjointed hitbox that can actually be used.

Bowser's f-tilt... Rofl... Too bad the time MK uses Tornado is either when you're in the air or when he's close to you.

iankobe

Smash Lord
I don't get why you people are comparing this to Melee's Peach's Dsmash.

I didn't say they were the same did I? I was just saying the move is as spammable as Peach's Dsmash.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Peach's Dsmash in melee was one of the most overrated moves in the game. It was a noob slayer, granted, but it was handled swiftly by pros.

Meta's tornado, on the other hand, is a pro slayer. It beats the dsmash in almost every single way other than by damage and KO ability.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ness counters MK. It's the only reason why I'm still playing Brawl. Either that or someone with a good disjointed hitbox that can actually be used.
I fail to see the significant advantage Ness has to be able to "counter" Meta Knight.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I fail to see the significant advantage Ness has to be able to "counter" Meta Knight.
He doesn't really, it's just that his Fair beats out everything that Metaknight has, including Mach Tornado.

Too bad the Fair is a wimpy attack that's best used for defense.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Peach's Dsmash in melee was one of the most overrated moves in the game. It was a noob slayer, granted, but it was handled swiftly by pros.

Meta's tornado, on the other hand, is a pro slayer. It beats the dsmash in almost every single way other than by damage and KO ability.
Enough said!

Finally proved the point of the new whorenado is almost broken.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You shouldn't use the Mach tornado liberally. It stagenates quickly. Ike's fsamash and up smash can destroy the tornado.

Sliq

Smash Master
You shouldn't use the Mach tornado liberally. It stagenates quickly. Ike's fsamash and up smash can destroy the tornado.
If a MK is stupid enough to send their tornado into the 2 slowest moves in the game, they should probably stick to shoving marbles up their nose and finger painting.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
If a MK is stupid enough to send their tornado into the 2 slowest moves in the game, they should probably stick to shoving marbles up their nose and finger painting.
If you think Ike has the 2 slowest moves in the game, you're off your rocker.
Try playing ganondorf, and then do a utilt followed by a neutral B

Sliq

Smash Master
My friend here seems to be unfamiliar with hyperbole.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Eh, I tend to struggle against this move by Metaknight. Though, chain grabbing Metaknight is a bit entertaining, as well as putting him in an egg in mid-air or as he's doing the tornado. Though, the tornado move is very annoying.

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
Not that many projectiles can cancel it sadly. And it freeking rises.

Well at least ROBs projectiles can cancel it :)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You... just said that... to Sliq...

Not only a ganondorf user... but also the guy who wrote the ganondorf guide on the character-specific ganondorf board...

Irony much?

isomorphism

Smash Cadet
It really does depend on the character. For example, I believe DK's F-tilt hits him out of the tornado, and that comes out very fast. But against a lot of characters yeah, it's pretty broken.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
first off, i play a tournament level pikachu with my main...captian falcon*cough* >.>. and i exploit his down-smash every single time it comes out. in fact, i try to bait him into doing it so i can kill him afterwards. It's easy to shield through if you have the timing right, it's knockback is terrible, and its recovery is enough for me to put a flaming elbow in his chest. I can stomp him if i'm above it as well, true it's a great move for him, fast and it sucks you in, but it's no whorenado.

second, metaknights mach tornado...rips my captian to pieces. but i CAN break trough it. C. Falcs down B, ganons down B, falco and wolfs lasers, pikachus B, ROBs laser...all break through it. and of course, he's vulnerable from the top.

third? melee Peaches down smash was a mistake and was fixed in brawl...what the hell was so wrong about Captian Falcon >[

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
this isnt as bad as pikas donwsmash used to be when i first got brawl. lol now its all about being 0-death by this friends IC

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
This is not as mad as 0-65% dsmash Peach
And a few can go through it, but many can cancel it out, like Luigis fireball

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
lawl not to mention there is the little ganondorf face below his avatar.

nub flood <3... not really >_>

Top Bottom