• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introducing myself

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
Hello ganon players out there!

My name is Bradley and i have been playing ssbb every since it first came out. I played ssbm for about a year and a half before brawl came out. Every since i first started playing melee i was looking through the characters one day and i really wanted a power house character. I didnt really care how the character would be played just as long as he could do like massive damage in one punch/kick.

I spent a long time testing out the dps on a lot of characters and as soon as i picked up on ganondorf i was just amazed on how well i did one my first day. So i played ganon for a little under a year then brawl came out and of course i was still going to keep my all time fav character (Ganon)

Well once i started playing him i noticed that he didnt do nearly as well as he did in melee but he did still do the most damage and im so used to him that i wasnt going to switch just because he was "nerfed" i guess you could say.

Another reason i never gave up on ganondorf and i will never give up on him is because he is ranked as the lowest in the ssbb tier so i just like to show people that the tier doesnt mean a thing.

I dont really play on wifi seeing as how i tend to lag just like everyone else lol. So i just stick to offline battles. I might start playig wifi battles one day but for now i would like to stick to offline battling.

If there is any advice you would like to give me or if you would like to just chat that would be great.

Oh and btw if you was wondering why my name is M.O.T.H it mean Man Of The House. (Ganon fits the name perfect doesnt he xD)

TP

Smash Master
Welcome to the forum!

Another reason i never gave up on ganondorf and i will never give up on him is because he is ranked as the lowest in the ssbb tier so i just like to show people that the tier doesnt mean a thing.
If you join the competitive community, you will soon realize that the tier lists are extremely important, and accurate (for the most part). While some Ganons (DLA) will say that he is not the absolute worst character, we will all agree that he is awful. If you are beating your opponents with him, it is either because you are a better player than they are or they don't know how to deal with Ganon correctly (a very common problem with players).

At any rate, it's good to see new Ganons. Read some of our stickies, put up videos of yourself playing if you can, and embrace the darkness.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
Nice to meet you Twilight Prince =D

Oh and im not saying that ganon is even close to mk skill level or snakes but all im saying is that people shouldnt look at the tier list and see that ganon is at the bottom and then just push him aside because he does have a lot of good things about him and also a lot of flaws (just like any other character out there)

Oh and i do look at the tier list and i see how accurate it is and i know that it does mean a difference if they are at the bottom or the top. So i do see what your saying.

I hope to be able to talk with some pro ganons on here.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Well Moth it looks like you've gracefully accepted Ganons pitfalls. Which is the best way to actually get better at him. I dont put too much of an emphasis on the tier list either, however i do honestly believe that being able to play every character in the game to some level of decency does help improve your over knowledge of game mechanics, plus it allows you to see how that character works in contrast to who you main.

I've been playing Ganon alittle bit more n' i've already noticed my prediction and sense of awareness has gone up just slightly just from playing Ganon abit. By being put at a disadvantage you really begin to make very careful, calculated decisions about what to do next on Ganon.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Tiers are for Queers, unless you are a professional.

And Ganon, (like many others) can be really good if you can read your opponet wisely. Ganon's dair honestly can get someone to 100% in 6 seconds

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
Yeah i agree with you on that one 3nergy. Ever since i started useing ganon my prediction has become a whole lot better, plus i used to play gunz the duel which is a faced paced game and it helped me predict a whole lot better and i play lots of fps games and chess so im always thinking ahead and i tr yto get in the enemys mind.

Also i have played all of the characters in the game to get to know there weaknesses. I used to have a bad time against snake but then i used him for about a week and got to know his limits so therefore im better aginst snake now.

Oh btw do any of you know how to make frag movies on youtube? Im going to start saving replays if its a good match and start putting them up on youtube but i need to learn how to edit and to make it to where it shows a kill then cuts off that part. Like combo vids do. Also what camera do you suggest me getting for stuff like this?

And if you know anything about editing please help me. I want a good intro for my videos and a good quality.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
alright thanks for the advice 3nergy =D

Um let me just ask this.. is it hard to make videos? Like the editing and all that?

If so do you think i should just record matches and record them with my video camera and then post the on youtube? I mean i wanted to make a combo vid one day but i might just post my battles, idk

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the Ganon-boards, Moth.
The difficulty of editing depends on how fancy you want to make your video. If you just want to cut it here and there, it doesn't require that much knowledge about the program you're using.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
honestly i might just use my i-pod and take a video of replays i have saved them post them on youtube. I have a stand for my i-pod so it wont be shaking and plus my i-pod has surprisingly good quality (better than my video camera xD)

Oh and just about 15min ago i landed like the most epic ganon-punch lol. I got so excited that it actually hit that im now going to devote my time into perfecting the ganon-punch. I know it sounds odd to tr yto perfect it because it is so hard to hit with it but in the end if i perfect the timing on it then my enemies will think twice about getting close to me lol.

I also have been landing a lot more spikes than usual. I mean for some reason i have just gotten so much better than i used to be. I mean i was never bad, i was actually pretty decent with ganon but today i hae just been on fire lol. i got three 0% spikes in like an hour of playtime lol.

Oh and could yal try to help me with my youtube username? Like maybe have a vote about it. I was thinking of MOTH1994 or something funny like PeachsMOTH seeing as how my name means (man of the house) lol. Just vote on one of them or maybe think of a better one for me. Oh and it might take a little while for me to get some videos up but dont worry they will come.

I also think i might just do 1v1 and double matchs instead of doing frag movies.

Top Bottom