• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Intro To Samus + Character Match-Up's

AIDS

Smash Lord
Is Samus plural Sami?
There was a thread about the plural of samus before, and it got closed. It was argued about a lot before it got closed, but it got closed due to pointless topic with no moving forward. Plural of Samus can be what ever you want...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I really like how this guide is turning out, guys. Very interesting to hear about one character from two different people.

Keep it up.

Smooth Criminal

'Fro

Smash Lord
Excellent information thus far, guys! While I've been told numerous times that it would be a good idea to move on to a "better" character than Samus, I'm very intent on keeping her as my main, so this is good encouragement for me! One match-up I would like to see you guys' opinion on is Peach. She's been a huge pain for me.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Excellent information thus far, guys! While I've been told numerous times that it would be a good idea to move on to a "better" character than Samus, I'm very intent on keeping her as my main, so this is good encouragement for me! One match-up I would like to see you guys' opinion on is Peach. She's been a huge pain for me.
I shall probably add that in this weekend sometime.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm sorry for the lack of updates on my part guys. I've had a bad day at work today and was real busy yesterday. I'll make sure to get at least 10 character match-ups by Sunday night (my time :p ).

Once again, sorry.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Done, we now have a vs Peach section on post #3.
I also updated some typo's and mis leading areas of the guide. Made it easyer to understand, a little more clear.

UPDATED!

Reminder that if there is something you feel we are missing, or a charecter you need a guide on fast etc. please request us to do so.

I can't believe I forgot edge hogging...

I do not proof read my stuff so much, so I might miss soemthing, but please request people, I know I have not answered al lyour questions!

AIDS

Smash Lord
No, as I said Corey, tak your time and make it effective. I am waiting until people request areas. I have work as well, and when people ask questions, I can put in my time then to update what they ask, I suggest the same to you. Many charecters don't really need a match up thread at the moment. haha.

AIDS

Smash Lord
vs Fox plz?
Lol, this is in my blood, I will have to break it down I guess. It is a hard topic to make, but sure, that will be next. I find fox fairly easy.

Edit: To help me make an effective guide, please state some issues you have in the match up.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Lol, Samus beats Fox though, Samus I feel has a slight advantage. Samus has many options vs Fox, but Fox has little on her. Samus might not be a better character, but she is better in that match-up.

That is good R@peness! =) except the last one... haha

AIDS

Smash Lord
Shup u.
My Pichu *****, Vulcan will testify to this.
I **** SpaceFalcon's Pichu. SpaceFalcon usto have an old user which he abandonned, and mad ethe "SpaceFalcon" account, but he usto be known as RobyExtreme, and N sider ranked him 5th best pichu in the world haha!

'Fro

Smash Lord
Well, since the thread is on a roll with the match-ups, how about Ganondorf? My friends keep telling me that Samus is at a disadvantage against the 'Dorf, but I'm hard-pressed to believe it could be any worse than even.

AIDS

Smash Lord
I worked mon-fri and i work all weekend, and I have bible study + church, and I have work mon-friday again. I am gimped for time, but I will do my best to get it up soon. (Samus beats dorf btw.)

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah. Samus can easily win aginst Ganon. I have no trouble fighting them.

And good ****e on the match up section. I can't wait until it's completed for every character?

AIDS

Smash Lord
Yeah. Samus can easily win aginst Ganon. I have no trouble fighting them.

And good ****e on the match up section. I can't wait until it's completed for every character?
lol thanks, low tier will be tough advice, don't vs them enough. I will see where it goes, request are priority.

AIDS

Smash Lord
I would not know if yoyur assitance would be accurate, the title says "By AIDS" and also I can give more basic knowledge, but as well I never have heard of you, or seen you in tournaments, and most people who play low tier suck anyway. Thanks anyway but this thread is stickied and I should edit it with caution.

rhan

Smash Hero
AIDS said:
I would not know if yoyur assitance would be accurate, the title says "By AIDS" and also I can give more basic knowledge, but as well I never have heard of you, or seen you in tournaments, and most people who play low tier suck anyway. Thanks anyway but this thread is stickied and I should edit it with caution.
It's cool I understand. I would totally agree with this is I was in your shoes. It was still worth a try though. Again good stuff on the thread and getting stickied. :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
I worked mon-fri and i work all weekend, and I have bible study + church, and I have work mon-friday again. I am gimped for time, but I will do my best to get it up soon. (Samus beats dorf btw.)
Yeah, I work Mon-Fri at Subway closing down the store. I feel like **** afterward and don't want to post about Samus... then end up playing TF2 until balls-o-clock in the morning. Then do it again.

I'm sure I'll get some more done soon. People, don't think I'm ignoring you... even though I kinda am... sorta...

AIDS

Smash Lord
Yeah, I work Mon-Fri at Subway closing down the store. I feel like **** afterward and don't want to post about Samus... then end up playing TF2 until balls-o-clock in the morning. Then do it again.

I'm sure I'll get some more done soon. People, don't think I'm ignoring you... even though I kinda am... sorta...
It's ok man, you make subway, **** in a bun right there! GG'z

but yeah

work 7-3, then bible study 4:30-5:30, then i got a little free time to clean up etc. then sleep early, then sudnay work again 7-3 then go home, shower get changed, church from 6:30-9ish, then go home late and sleep, wake up at 4:30 on monday to get ready for work....and I got more stuff to do on monday after work too. I got JV 5 stocked this week.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I just feel like I don't do anything on any day. I wake up at about 3pm, get ready for work at 4. Work from 4 - midnight. Then... there's nothing to do until I'm tired. All there is is online games or working on my portfolio. That's it. Then, when I get tired, with a consistent parallel to the rising sun I might add, I go to sleep. It sucks. I'm asleep while everyone is awake and vise versa.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Well, after some sparring sessions (i.e. Endless time matches) with Cunning Kitsune, I've been wondering: Is there a time or a certain match-up where up-b out of sheild is not a good idea? For some reason, I've been punished for using it on some occasions, particularly by Falcons and 'Dorfs. While the Falcon issue's been covered by AIDS, are there any others?

AIDS

Smash Lord
It should be fine, you can fast fall and DI after the up B, and very well too. Falcons can Fast fall Knee, but platforms can make you avoid getting punished, cause you can fast fall through one, and while he is spinning out he can not. But for Dorf, just DI away, they will often just go straight down and try to Fair or something, but you should be fine vs Dorf. Just go away and fast fall.

Vs Falcon fast fall on the spot through a platform, you will be safe. Often he will try to drop through platform and hit you again, even though you can always avoid it, thats a chance to up-B out fo shield again, and piss him off even more.

Getting agry and playing melee do not go well together. It helps so much that Samus is an anoying Character to fight against. =)

Corigames

Smash Hero
You really shouldn't Up B falcon though without some way to cancel it. His DI is supreme and his **** is... well... supreme. If a falcon is pressuring you on the shield, then try WD pivot tilts, unless you are getting away with Up B. Basically, do what works. If you find that what you are doing in the middle of a fight isn't working, then maybe you should re-think your tactics, and fast.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Falcons DI is not that amazing on Samus's up-B, he is a fast faller and it is all light hits.

I would say if you have no platforms wavedash and F-msash, or F-tilt would work. But if there is a platform above you up-B and fast fall through, most falcons will be stuborn and try to hit you, but it is not possable, so you can punish him again for his effort.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I'll have some questions for you guys tomorrow.
I'm going to my crewmates house to get ***** by his Falco all day.

Wish me luck (that I don't get 4stocked all day).

<3

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
moar up+b out of shield? moar homing missiles.

spam those (homing) missiles!
Well yeah, if you'd like to hear some sweet controller johns, for some reason I couldn't UpB outta shield like the whole first half of the day. Needless to say I got destroyed.

Shooting missles gets them deflected... if not jumped over and so begins the Dair/Shine combos that lead to my death.

My friend said that the reason he catches me in the back-and-forth-cross-stage dair combos was because my DI was bad... but it seems no matter where I smash the CStick/Control Stick, he just keeps hitting me over and over and over...
I'm really at a loss for what to do.

And after I started UpB'ing outta shield a lot, he's been shielding it like 1/4 of the time as well. :/
Works pretty good though...

I managed to win our last match of the day after getting 2-4 stocked about 30 times on the day with Samus.

Wish I had videos... it's hard to explain. He's just too fast, none of my moves seem to do much of anything and just get me Dair'd across the map. :urg:

Edit: On a side note, I played with Jiggz when I wasn't picking Samus, and won 2 or 3 out of like 20.

Top Bottom