• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Intro To Samus + Character Match-Up's

Geist

Smash Master
Wow I'm so lonely over here. Someone come over here and play melee.
Everyone I know, and I mean everyone, has either gone to a tourney in the past week or is going to one soon.

lol Smooth Criminal's sig is too good.

Alukard

Smash Hero
definitely out of range =[

rawrrrrr i wish i could go... i'm beasting for a tourney

Corigames

Smash Hero
Update:
Character Matchups-
+General info updates
I went back in and added some info to certain characters
+Stage choices
I changed a few of my stage choices for ones that I now feel are better

Extender Grapple
+Fixed my error on the timing of the grapple

god dammit i want to make a samus combo vid sooooooo badly ... -___-
Do it dood :p

Sucks: I successfully did something I had thought of a few days ago... but I only pulled it off once (last night)... and that was right before I started recording (during warmup)... dang. I can do it again >_>

Corigames

Smash Hero
BTW:
In order to be a true Samus player you have to have a cardboard cut-out of Samus in your possession.

I've had this one since Hunters came out.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
WTF

I feel...inferior. :[

Way to go corey.

But you know what WOULD make me feel better?

If you gave it to me.
lol

Corigames

Smash Hero
Sorry, can't. It's too important to mai skillz.

I had a friend working at Gamestop when Hunters released and they had a HUGE display. When the advertisement was over, he said that they were "forced" to throw it away because advertising companies don't want people getting free stuff or something like that.

So, after waiting outside the back of the store, I just let them "trash it" by sitting it out and I "dumpster dove" (just grabbed it and said 'Thanks!') and got it. Now it hangs on my wall.

So cash.

Now, you must go get your own to become a great Samus player, or else you are just a fraud!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ROFL OH NO! I wonder, where can I get one? And I'd rather get a Metriod Fusion poster, though. :3

I don't want to be inferior. Lol I don't even HAVE any posters.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
What if I rasterbate my own poster..............???

That way I can PICK the one I want...

Watch out for me though...SoCal's next **** samus. :D

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
HEY
DO YOU WANNA FEEL SOO ENERGETIC??

:[

HugS was/is pretty **** good.

EDIT: corey, are you coming to genesis?

Corigames

Smash Hero
He's still playing? I thought he quit.

Then I concede my previous statement. However, those are some pretty big boots to fill. Sure you are up for it?

He's been playing a couple Melee tournaments here and there.

Here's a set from one of them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxyr50kGFz8 (1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Cbs3Ltyp0(2+3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Yq5kHWkT8(4)

I'm up for it...but I just recently became super determined, lol.
I hope I'm pretty decent at least by Genesis.
Wow, if it weren't for the fact that everything was executed so precisely and with such caution, I felt like I could barely recognize the players... lol. Either that's a really good demonstration of high level play, or both of them have been playing too much Brawl... >_> heh.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Wow, if it weren't for the fact that everything was executed so precisely and with such caution, I felt like I could barely recognize the players... lol. Either that's a really good demonstration of high level play, or both of them have been playing too much Brawl... >_> heh.
Any Brawl is too much Brawl, lol.
But seriously, Hugo has. Mango's just been playing like, 5 characters, so...I dunno.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Holy **** I just noticed my post count pwns face.

Anyway, I enjoyed that first video, but it needed way more up B :p

Alukard

Smash Hero
lol ... i was playing KAGE today ... and i did REALLY WELL vs. ganon ... and i never get ganon practice so i played like 3 friendlies with him and i didn't do bad at all its a difficult match but its definitely not as ******** as sheik or marth ... imo i'll fight ganon instead of either i'd even fight him over falco lol

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
lol ... i was playing KAGE today ... and i did REALLY WELL vs. ganon ... and i never get ganon practice so i played like 3 friendlies with him and i didn't do bad at all its a difficult match but its definitely not as ******** as sheik or marth ... imo i'll fight ganon instead of either i'd even fight him over falco lol
Me and IHSB had the same thoughts when we played kage @ TO4
hard but not sheik hard lol
rather fight Falco over Dorf still lol >.>

Watty

Smash Lord
ya ganon isnt so bad just gotta be calm patient lots of shield pressure but id take falco over the gman any day

Geist

Smash Master
<3 kage
He looks like Ganondorf lol
I had a lot of difficulty facing him, I don't know why. I usually do well against Ganon but his is just ****.
I'd obviously rather play against him than sheik though :/

BTW:
In order to be a true Samus player you have to have a cardboard cut-out of Samus in your possession.

I've had this one since Hunters came out.
OH MY GOD I TOTALLY HAVE A GIANT WALL STICKER LIKE THAT
does that count?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Is it made of cardboard and stick off the wall three dimensionally?

And that kinda counts even if not.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
From what I learned this weekend, I think the counterpick vs sheik should be mute city. The fact that there's nothing to grab means that sh always has to land on stage, meaning she'll eat a fsmash or beam every recovery. Samus has enough options with recovering that this isn't as big of a hit as it is to sheik, especially since you can stall with bombs if you're not going to make it to the platform and just mak sure not to die in on of the bottomless areas. The different stage things generally allow for pmc, which is good.

I'll have to test it out more, but it seems like a really good stage.

Corigames

Smash Hero
How do you deal with the lack of... space... for most of the time on the stage, platforms to move to to avoid grabbing and general maneuverability, and the lack of something to grapple to compensate for her needle edge guarding?

I think that's a pretty rough stage to counterpick. Though, I can't say I've actually tried it.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Yeah, I dunno how, I wish that set was recorded. I'll test it more this weekend and try to record a couple matches to see if it's a good stage or a bad sheik.

Geist

Smash Master
Mute city seems like it should be a good cp, but it might have more negative aspects vs. good ones. Like Coreygames said, there isn't that much free space and aren't any reliable platforms to work with ( which I can't personally do without vs. sheik)
I like the idea that it's basically a free kill as soon as you hit her off the stage though.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Mute city seems like it should be a good cp, but it might have more negative aspects vs. good ones. Like Coreygames said, there isn't that much free space and aren't any reliable platforms to work with ( which I can't personally do without vs. sheik)
I like the idea that it's basically a free kill as soon as you hit her off the stage though.
the problem is that its the same for u ... because u can't bomb stall vs sheiks that are good with needles ...

i dont kno about u guys but my bombs go pop when they get hit by sewing equipment =\

Geist

Smash Master
the problem is that its the same for u ... because u can't bomb stall vs sheiks that are good with needles ...

i dont kno about u guys but my bombs go pop when they get hit by sewing equipment =\
lol I get properly ***** by KirbyKaze's needles anywhere.
He says Samus is the only character he'd rather have needles than falco lasers when facing...

As long as you're under the ledge, you should be safe, and you'll be safe around 50% of the time because of the road.

Geist

Smash Master
1 needle > Full charge shot. gawd **** it.
What do you guys do to avoid needles? Seeing as how jumping probably gets you air *****, and shielding gets you grab *****.

Alukard

Smash Hero
wave sheild around ... and ummm ... basically make sure ur controlling the stage ... and somewat scaring the sheik ... lol

Top Bottom