• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Into the Void - Hybrid Combo Video

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
My first ever combo video, hope you enjoy it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MSDWiDPFFL4

I didn't have alot of footage to work with and made this video mainly for the practice of it. You can expect a bigger combo video for each of my mains as time pass.

Comments? Critique? Questions?

elbryan

Smash Cadet
the ice climbers part was really sweet. It's cool to know they still have awesome throw combos. Especially now with nana's spike hammer fair.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Have hybrid combo videos ever been created before? If not, I'm posting in a legendary thread. If they have, forget that.

I spy a DK song remix near 2:30. At least, I think it is. Anyways, although all the different chars in the vid were awesome, I liked the Ice Climber footage the best. They looked like they were pretty good.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Have hybrid combo videos ever been created before? If not, I'm posting in a legendary thread. If they have, forget that.
There were a few hybrid combo videos in the past.

I spy a DK song remix near 2:30. At least, I think it is. Anyways, although all the different chars in the vid were awesome, I liked the Ice Climber footage the best. They looked like they were pretty good.
You spy correctly this was a remix of "Haunted Chase" in DKC2 (It starts on 2:03 actually).

Thanks for the comments people, I see that an IC combo vid is most wanted here so that will be my first when I get footage to work on.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Great video, and for what i've seen you've been getting a great response from everyone! Nicely done, i liked both Luigi's and ICs footage, this game just seems funner and funner every new video i watch! and its just 2 days away from me :) amazing grab game, and loved every single Luigi up-b KO.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Nice stuff.
Got kinda repetitive, but hey, there aren't THAT many effective things to do yet, nor do you have a wide variety of opponents to take on yet :p.
-DD

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Wow those were some pretty sweet IC chain grabs. Very nice spike at the end; that was my favorite part. Also, props on some of those Luigi combos. Game and Watch has certainly received a buff in this game as well. All around this was a very cool combo video.

Percon

Smash Lord
Overall, VERY nice. I saw some of your Luigi play a few days ago and I was impressed; now I see more of your Luigi and ICs I'm blown away.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Overall, VERY nice. I saw some of your Luigi play a few days ago and I was impressed; now I see more of your Luigi and ICs I'm blown away.
im gonna have to agree here. i was pretty suprised to see IC's footage this early on and for how early it is this is very nice.
great job, and also agreeing with Percon saying that your luigi is nice too. double punch up-b.....brilliant

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Gotta love it when Luigi gets some love, lol. Absolutly amazing video! Your ICs are flawless. I hope I come across you on the battlefield!

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand the question :ohwell:
Whats the difference between dash grab and running and grabbing?
I heard somewhere that to do DDD's chain grab, you had to run, let go to the control stick, then grab, opposed to run, and grab while you are still running. I was wondering if the IC grab combo that you had needed the same technique. sorry for the confusion.

SystemShark

Smash Rookie
Insane, I watch your videos when I get down time at work. Inspires me to be a better Luigi. You should write some guides or something tho.. I have a hard time landing his ^B (hyduken) in any combos. Hitting A A ^B dosn't work for me, either the first two don't hit/end fast enough or the ^B isn't the powered one (just the one with the coins and not the flame). Anyway keep it up with the videos they are very entertaining.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Definitely great vid. IC grab game and Luigi up-b finishes were great. I can't even begin to imagine what you can do after a while and with some new material...

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Thanks again for the comments!

I'm already working on a guide for IC, focusing mainly on what to do from grabs on various % and characters. A luigi guide will probably come after.

Sadly I havn't had hte chance to meet up with the local smashers here and get more combo vid footage yet.

Skazryk

Smash Apprentice
The only combo's i saw were the ice climbers. the rest of the video were just you being able to hit them with multiple attacks, although they could easily have gotten out of them.

Cuongdawg

Smash Rookie
Can you explain to me exactly how you're desyncing in the very beginning of the video? I'm trying to work on my Ice Climbers and you seem to be an extremely good person to look up to for them.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Can you explain to me exactly how you're desyncing in the very beginning of the video? I'm trying to work on my Ice Climbers and you seem to be an extremely good person to look up to for them.
You simply hold a button (Or button combination) while the match is loading and only Nana will do that specific attack when the match starts.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Skazryk said:
The only combo's i saw were the ice climbers. the rest of the video were just you being able to hit them with multiple attacks, although they could easily have gotten out of them.
IceEmblem said:
Im not sure if you can call it a Combo Video, there was some great Gameplay in it, but not many combos. If you really want to make a good Combo Video, make one in training where the Character is on stand.
(a) They're just calling it a combo video because that's what most Melee "gameplay" videos were called. Don't get hung up over a name. It's good for the game being out less than a month.

(b) Training mode combos are interesting but have little or no relevance to competition.

Top Bottom