• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Intimikill - Norman, OK (December 5th)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
*PSST... Alex... I still plan on going...*

Besides at this point, I probably am one of OK's best Melee players, and that's a real sad(?) and scary thought.

What happened to you guys? Where did the confidence and the guts go? Where is the skill? Hopefully Intimikill answers these questions and more.
I sucked it out of everybody.

*slurp*

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Texas is down for any and every crew battle :D Also, I have the housing info for Texas people, so Bluezaft, darkrain, any of Texas that needs it, get at me.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Lame... well, if darkrain needs a ride, he can come with us. I can pick him up on the way there. :p And Texas will still have enough for a crew match... if Jesse doesn't back out.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Just move the tournament after the 19th. Then we'll be able to show up in full force, mkay?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Hayzgoose, Is Darkrain still planning on attending. Also could you change Jesse's name to Clide please? He also wants his name bolded he had a fit that his name wasnt bolded and mine was hahahaha. Clide is really good bold his name ;D. How good is Quad5?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
as far as i know, yes, but dmac would know more than me about that, and if so, his travel plans.
and tell clide to just hold it against me and beast the bracket to try and beat me ;P

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I'm only entering one event.

So if someone wants to step up and be my double partner, that would be amazing. Otherwise I guess I'll just to singles.

or team with level 9 Ganon. He's so good.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
there are probably, if nothing else, a couple of good oklahomans with no teammate that are coming. zinth, gravity, sars...maybe? we'll have a little free agent pool up so people can look for teammates for about 2 hours before entering doubles, since it won't start until after pools anyway. :D

i've got arc, jf, and nes noob down for MMs...anyone else care to play my sheik or ness? we can also do liberty matches instead of MMs if someone doesn't want to play for munies. :o

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
my heart goes out to DML. of course there's a lot more to say, but for now, i hope nes's friends and family are coping as best as they can.
no idea if midsouth is even still coming, i can only imagine if this happened to me i wouldn't really be in the mood to travel. either way, this tournament won't be the same without him, and there will definitely be a moment of silence for such a missed member of this community, one of the few i've legitimately never heard one bad word about. ever.
also, people in the memorial thread were discussing a pound4 fund for his mother to help pay for all of the funeral/burial/etc costs...i'm going to do the same thing here and we can give it to DML to give to his mother or paypal if they are not here.

again, my most sincere wishes and best support to his friends and family, in this context most directly to DML, arkansas, and all other smashers who had the opportunity and pleasure to meet him. hope to still see everyone here for a great time, it is a great community and it is good to know how much we can and do care for each other, and how much so many great people have in common besides smash in this community despite small and professional interactions. if there's anything i can additionally do to help, guys, for any reason, don't hesitate to aim me or post here.

<3 melee, <3 the south, <3333333333 south melee
see everyone in 6 days ^.^

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure we are still coming. I'm sure Ryan wouldn't want us to stay home and cry. You guys should check out our tribute tournament. I'd post a link, but I'm on my phone

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I am literally speechless... I just started talking to him maybe a month ago and we seemed to hit it off pretty well. He seemed like a really cool guy, and I was very much looking forward to meeting him. My prayers go out to his family. I even told him a couple months back that I was planning to enter this as "Sugoi Kawaii Moe Chan" I will definitely keep that promise now.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
if i can get off work i'll be there :D
zomg melee kids will be at my front door in 5 days.
i'm so pumped for this, i have entered singles at only 2 melee tournaments in 3 years o.0 and only been to still a couple more.
revitalizing ok melee AND meeting some ****** OOSers? too good.

Jace08

Smash Lord
If we hadn't planned to already, there should definitely be a moment of silence for Nes n00b at this tournament. It was going to be his next one, after all, and he seemed really excited about it. Everyone let's try to keep that excitement alive for him, if we can, and always keep him in mind.

Also, for those still wondering Darkrain is confirmed for this tourney.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm not sure that Arkansas will be coming to this anymore...I think we're all gonna save the money we were gonna spend coming here, and instead use it to go to NES Memorial Tourney.

I found out today that I have a chem test this friday, followed immediately by the Chem final that next Monday. So I'll be busy all weekend studying for it. I'm not sure about the status of VTS/Ace/Saberguy but I know for sure G.Vice and Chamberlin can't make it :(

I still wanna play OK sometime soon, maybe come to the NES Memorial? Or come crash at Arkansas sometime on the weekend, I'll house you.

turnip tosser

Smash Rookie
im sorry to say but it looks like me and my Arizona cohort will not be in attendance to this here smash shin dig. sux but money issues arouse and the time off i was hoping to take got replaced with working for the all mighty dollar.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I'm not sure that Arkansas will be coming to this anymore...I think we're all gonna save the money we were gonna spend coming here, and instead use it to go to NES Memorial Tourney.

I found out today that I have a chem test this friday, followed immediately by the Chem final that next Monday. So I'll be busy all weekend studying for it. I'm not sure about the status of VTS/Ace/Saberguy but I know for sure G.Vice and Chamberlin can't make it :(

I still wanna play OK sometime soon, maybe come to the NES Memorial? Or come crash at Arkansas sometime on the weekend, I'll house you.
i understand, man. good luck to you all, and we'll definitely be crashing arkansas if you guys don't get here first! just be sure to update zinth and let him know le status :D

im sorry to say but it looks like me and my Arizona cohort will not be in attendance to this here smash shin dig. sux but money issues arouse and the time off i was hoping to take got replaced with working for the all mighty dollar.
AZ even considering travelling that far is beast enough. hope to play you guys someday.

kansas city at my house in under 4 days. hell yes.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I call legit johns. GPA johns as well as other ones. But I'll see you both soon. Especially you Jack, we need to hang out again.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I also suffer from johns. This weekend is the weekend before finals, and I have a few assignments I have to wrap up as well as tests to prepare for. I'm short on money and I'm short on time, so I'd rather use what little I have to go to the NES memorial.

-Chad-

Slackerator
you guys if money is an issue I will pay whatever you need to come to this if you want. I don't really care at all, I just wanna see you guys.

I definitely understand if school is the major issue but if it's money like I said I will pay for you guys. That way you can still make the NES one too.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
you guys if money is an issue I will pay whatever you need to come to this if you want. I don't really care at all, I just wanna see you guys.

I definitely understand if school is the major issue but if it's money like I said I will pay for you guys. That way you can still make the NES one too.
As much as the offer means to me, It's actually not the money that bugs me, I'm good there. I will pull a few strings, as see if maybe I can still swing it academically. I really really wanna come and see all my midsouth bros again, and hang with you and stuff. I just don't want my grades to suffer terribly as an impulsive decision could set me back considerably at this point.

Thank you though Chad, you're a good man. We will definitely see each other at the NES Memorial at the latest.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I figured I could borrow money from someone if I really wanted to go, but it really is more of a time issue. There's just too much going on, and it's not just school (although school is the most ******** right now).

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Really looking forward to seeing everyone and hopefully make some new friends here too :D. Smasher <3.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
everything about this tournament is on track and solved except that if possible, we could always use more tvs and setups for speeding the tournament along and having more friendlies!
so bring any extra if you can! :D

getting so pumped for this. rawr.

dmac

Smash Champion
kc is prolly bringing 2 full setups

if i could bring 9 *****es i would

spaceballs and i are going to **** people up (in ssbm, im too tiny to do anything irl)

anyone plannin on recording setups? stupid darkrain is playing super good right now :-/

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Cant wait for this GET HYPE, lets see how I do against you ALL!!!! MWahahahahahahaha <33333333

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
picking up the hxc tvs tomorrow. and ou decided to give us 1 more tv yay.
still could use a couple more consoles if people could spare. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

1) more sponsorships? major props to Scud that got us another sponsorship, THERE WILL BE 20 LARGE PIZZAS AND 3 24-PACK CANS OF SODA AVAILABLE AT THE VENUE FOR FREE! of course there are other food options, actually plenty of them since we will be right on campus, so you can enjoy a nice sandwich, pita, burrito, etc anywhere else for cheap (in fact i just printed mad coupons that people can take to a local place for good deals)...but there will be free pizza and soda for those who want. too good.

2) should have lots of videos from here so play your best, people! have lots of recording stuff and the main tv will be hooked up to mah laptop for commentary on top of recording. scud and i are asking for a couple more people interested in commentary to volunteer for when we're playing/otherwise busy. jace, arc, whoever?

3) i'm bringing both my ps3 and dreamcast. i have most good fighting games but someone should bring blazblue and mvc2 if they have them :D to reiterate people should also bring wiis/cubes with a memory card and a copy of the game, too :X

4) stop backing out, losers! can't believe people don't want to make room to show up to such an amazing tournament :p in fact, let's reverse the trend and convince more *****es to come and enjoy the most amazing tournament in ok history :D

5) i love you all, i'm really looking forward to good games and great company. i don't hear too much about the midsouth/southwest too often, the south is usually like "lol pp, lozr, and FL." let's change that and be an awesome scene and best friends :D holy **** KC will be here in 48 hours!

Top Bottom