• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Intimikill - Norman, OK (December 5th)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
so...the lan center that was suppose to sponsor us by giving us tvs totally had me drive 45 minutes and wait in the cold and then no one showed up or answered their phone. i love responsible companies. point being we could also use more tvs if possible, it looks like

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
7 :( how lame is that? actually i was aiming for 12 and we had 16 lined up so i guess we're short 3, which is better, but still...could def. use those 7 tvs :\
we may still be able to get them but i'm trying to be safe.

edit: the actual owner of the lan center found out and was upset. he fixed everything, so we're good on tvs once again :D
but don't forget to bring other setup stuff, cubes/wiis...games...memory cards...
and i forgot to mention this before but any and all power strips are appreciated.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Yay JF and myself are going to be leaving in a few hours. Clide backed out the last second I guess he didnt want to go : / CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!!!!!!

Handorin

Smash Hero
Additional Information
Schedule:
Registration starts at 11:00 AM and closes at 12:30 PM. Tournament starts at 1:00 PM. Be sure to be on time, the tournament is not waiting for anybody to start. No exact times are set for events, but the designated order at the moment is - Singles pools, Doubles bracket, Singles bracket, Draft crews. This will all be accomplished by 2:00 AM.

Just wondering:
No Doubles pools?

dmac

Smash Champion
it seems that if they really wanna do draft crews, somethings gotta go, but <3 doubles pools :(

draft crews does sound really awesome though, but as a last event hopefully people stay and wanna do it

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I'm with dmac. Crews are super fun, but I think the extra time should go into doubles pools considering you have to pay money for it.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
don't see the need for doubles pools when there will be less than 32 teams and people are generally accurately already be seeded by their singles seeds. the tournament won't end until at least midnight since...leaving the parking garage past midnight means you don't have to owe a dollar an hour 9free instead, w00t.
we would actually be able to fit doubles pools in without eliminating anything at all but...i still really don't see the need for it except for the extra games...point being we didn't take it out because of time constraints. we took it out because we didn't think we needed it. 2 32-man brackets (one for singles and one for doubles) is seriously like 6 hours when done right, draft crew will be about an hour...there's no way singles pools takes 5 hours :p so there's room for doubles pools if more people also express concern...we just didn't think it was necessary and didn't hear any objections until now.

estimated 15 locals, 20 ok competitive players, and 15 people travelling makes like 50...it will probably be 50-60 peeps now that a lot backed out (COWARDS!). should be a fun tourny game-wise even.

pizza and drinks are going to arrive at 5pm, so people should still bring munies for lunch or snack or something if they plan on eating more than 3-4 pieces of pizza for an entire day. or bring that food/snack directly. yarp.
also, IHOP party after the tourny? kthxbye.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Apparently I'm going to this now? Even though I've got a research paper due, a presentation, and an exam on Monday.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Singles. This is a bit of a guess.

1) Wobbles
2) Darkrain
3) AustinRC
4) IHSB
5) Bluezaft
5) Chad

I think...

Doubles

1) Wobbles + Bluezaft
2) AustinRC + JesusFreak
3) IHSB + (?)Dmac(?)

Well, I had fun. Thanks for throwing the tournament, I hope to see everybody again relatively soon.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Good stuff Jack/Chad! Greats to Dark and Wobbles ^^

ARC, I really wanted to play you :(

MM's are gonna happen.

Top Bottom