• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interior BC Canada (AKA Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenay/Rockies/Other) Thread

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Lanowen- What'd I do? D:

Jamesies- I still see a few things such as Player X not being listed in the MOST3 brawl singles results, but nothing for urgent change. Regarding stages, I think I'm just going to change the brawl ones to everything above the green-greens, pirate ship, Luigi's mansion, pipes and mario circuit to counter/starter (obvious starters being the starters), and ban that phylum and everything else under to finally get a clean Brawl stage list.

That being said, I have a few changes pending in the melee stages that I think should be put to discussion. I've seen Kongo Jungle 64 to replace FoD on the neutral stage list for doubles. It's got very little flaws and said flaws are lesser in doubles. Perhaps a trial at the next smashfest that we have melee doubles? I'm quite sure we don't want PPC or Great Bay in the counterse, those experiments being rather.. stupid to say the least. Is there any other potential stages that we could look at for allowing in doubles?

Just want to see opinions on the final brawl stage list, and get some input on the melee stagelist.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
so...GG sucks..?

gg no re motha ****a

My aunt is awesome. I was like ICE CREAM, ROOT BEER, NACHOS AND CHEESE

and she was all K COOL ILL GO SHOPPING TODAY

and BAM I GOTZ IT ALL

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
lol, reminds me when my friend quoted something like "I want Taquiiitos!" or something, idk what it was from, and his mom goes out and comes back with some lol. He didn't even necessarily want any.

Give me word on the stage list, an d don't judge gg without playing lol. You said CvS2 sucked during TC5 and CAST4 when I brought it.

@Lanowen- I'm just giving word from my local game store. MIght have more of a chance of early release around big cities. Who knows. You can get it on amazon.ca for cheap too, 34$ something it seemed like. Do you play GG?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Haha, that's awesome. I may hit you up for some advice later on it. I haven't gotten the game myself yet. Super psyched. COuldn;'t find it until I heard of AC+. ):

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
Oh by the way guys, for the 2009 fall-2010 spring campaign, I will be on residence as well as CC. Between the two of us, we can work out a way of renting a room.

Also, for AJ, UBC-O has a bit of a pokemon scene, basically just Player X. I'm working on a team, will experiment on Battle Revolution over the summer.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I'm getting my friend to hack me a lvl 1 chansey with Aroma and seis toss. I'll grind it, but I ain't playing FireRed and possibly Emerald too just for it.

With that I might give Pokemon another shot.

Good to hear about getting smash meetings together again. When does this semester end?

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Fixed the Brawl stagelist. Feel free to argue about how Big Blue should be neutral or how Max or I don't CP to Corneria.

imo we should enforce Cake to have his tag changed to Cakeh. Change it on the PRs, have it that on brackets, etc etc.

Also, wtf james lol. I don't know why you keep thinking Fox or Sheik are my mains. S A M U S. k? Don't bother changing it until the next major update though, no point.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
BIG POST ABOUT SACKFESTS (Smash At CaKeh's)!

Okay, so times are 9am-1am officially at 5four9 Clifton Rd. He needs a few extra TVs, which James and I should be able to provide, but the more TVs, the better. 20 people is the cap, but chances are we will NEVER reach that before the UBCO smashclub smashfests are back, and it'd be crammed as a mother ****er in there.

For food. we're a little screwed. Some options are to pack lunches, stop at subway or somewhere and save it for lunch, starve, or, if enough people want to, order some food such as Pizza (don't be lame and make me pay for all of it and then NOM NOM NOM. k?) or chinese (yeah? :D?). The only other options I can think of is to have an intermission and one of us (Zyfe or James) cram a lot of us in a car and stop at Timmy's or Quiznos or somewhere moderately less healthy. There will be soda, but Cake has to charge for it since it's not his, but his mother's. 1$ a pop.

General rules are rules as follow. You can be moderately loud, get hyped, but keep yelling and rowdiness to a minimum (I'm looking at you, CC, Max... and mirror.). No sicking their puppy on people playing (not sure if it's allowed to even go downstairs) and I'm not even sure of what other rules to list. Deodorant rule is in effect, and no bawing about me bringing other 2D fighter games, or I'm going to baw baw baw about how brawl is so boring and how it's start up movie is so dumb and stuff like that. (VA ***** lol).

Games going to be there:

SSSBB
SSBM
SSB (if james brings or Cake finds)
King of Fighters 94-98
Capcom vs SNK 2
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + (when it finally gets in Canada)
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike (when it comes in the mail).

Keep in mind that just becuase I'm bringing 1000000 non-smash 2D fighters, doesn't mean they will all be occupying a TV. They don't get TVs unless people want to start playing on them and there is a free TV or if I feel like kicking people off my TV. Feel free to bring your own games too. I'll bring less fighters when they just don't want to be played anymore. </3 Smash is the MAIN game at these events, so it will be catered to first and automatically.

If anyone has any questions, text or phone at one two five zero four six zero zero zero three nine. Do NOT call at 9am-4:30pm on sunday or 5pm-9pm on thursday, nor call any time between 2am-6am. Leave a voice mail, or don't, I'll probably call you back if you leave just a missed call. Since my sister will be back monday, chances are she'll be with the phone, in which case leave a message with her for me to call and then your tag. easier that way imo. Leave a number if you're like, player x or Culex or something though.

Uhm... yeha. that's just about it.

Zyfe

Smash Rookie
AAAAH i knew someone would recognize my name eventually... No, i dont like the anime, this is just a name i use for everything cause i am completely unoriginal.

I knew exactly what your name meant, I just didn't want to sound like I know about Inuyasha.

And admit it, you liked the anime at one point. I know I did. Don't be ashamed.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Same thing as Zyfe. Except that I didn't like Inuyasha. Uuugh, bloody horrible.

Someone get CC. Idk where he is.

PBR = Pokemon something or other? That sounds cool. Pokemon is about the most common competitive game that competitive smashers play. I was kinda hoping it was something a little more 2D fighter ish, but eh.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Same thing as Zyfe. Except that I didn't like Inuyasha. Uuugh, bloody horrible.

Someone get CC. Idk where he is.

PBR = Pokemon something or other? That sounds cool. Pokemon is about the most common competitive game that competitive smashers play. I was kinda hoping it was something a little more 2D fighter ish, but eh.
POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION! Yeahh...

Guilty Gear.

AAAAH i knew someone would recognize my name eventually... No, i dont like the anime, this is just a name i use for everything cause i am completely unoriginal.
Lols.

I used to watch InuYasha.

It got too fillery and lovey-dovey.

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
I liked Inuyasha before when i was like 10 or something and came up with that name because it was never taken on anything. Cakeh is MUCH better though.

YES

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
<33333
wubz wubz wubzzzzzz

What's the difference between PBR and Pokemon Silver?

I might pick up competitive mons again if it's similar XD

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
<33333
wubz wubz wubzzzzzz

What's the difference between PBR and Pokemon Silver?

I might pick up competitive mons again if it's similar XD
PBR is like a pokemon game that isnt a pokemon game. You just import pokemon into the wii from other games and make them fight other people. BUT ITS ON A TV :O:O:O

Cakeh

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the double post but why dont you put me above CC in melee? Or at least give me a valid reason? I beat him in at least 4 sets and i was playing CF for all of 2 days....

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
It's hard to rank you guys at the moment because of say you beating CC, and FAzha beating you, and so and so beaitng so and so. In truth, you're all really sub par, so we are having to rank you on how you guysd do against us. Your Falcon, maybe better now, sucks a lot, and while CC's bowser can do some real good, it's a bowser. I'm not sure how your fights go since I've never really watched you guys play eachother, so maybe me and James will have to do some spectating as well as we iron out the melee PR. It's hard to rank you guys.

Yeah, if people want, bring PBR. I'll be bringing my fighting games and we can have a test about.

BUT THE FOCUS IS SMASH. SMASH SMASH SMASH. BRAWL MELEE SSB. OKAY?

I was all confused when I saw Cakeh. I was assuming it was a name change, and then a different Cakeh came by and was all, "***** STEALEN MA NAEM!??/!??!??!?!!!

Little known fact: this keyboard can't do question marks when holding on both shift buttons. o.O left **** is what I use for everything but question marks so ya

edit: Lucky in my picture makes me feel so cool.

edit2: he's just like, "hey nukka."

edit3: "waaannna shoot some hooops?"

edit4: It's too bad because I use the red color of him in KoF98.

edit5: speaking of KoF98, if we pop in my KoF94-98, that's the version we will be playing. It has all the characters through the KoF series to that point, as well as seemingly the most balance from what I can see from my scrubby *** self playing in arcade mode. It has two "grooves" too, one where you charge like S groove in CvS2, and one where you store power like N groove in CvS2. I suggest Adv, the N groove equivalent, but feel free to try both out. I just don't use Power Max Super Specials much, so ya.

edit6: Lucky is going to **** you guys at KoF btw. ****ing shooting basketballs at you. raaape.

edit7: so many edits and they were over 5 minutes lol.

Walker-

Smash Rookie
A) Ima pwn cloudz
B) James post the **** tourny vids. I want to analyze my game before we go to van.
C) Stoked for road trip, what are the exact days?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
a)sure
b)sure
c)sure
what?

Cakeh, just remembered to remind you to remind your sister to have one of those hot slumber parties this Saturday during the smashfest.

Also

Top Bottom