• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interior BC Canada (AKA Thompson/Okanagan/Kootenay/Rockies/Other) Thread

Zyfe

Smash Rookie
I don't think UBCO is on this week - they will be looking out for us now, and getting caught twice in a row could be bad.

I would host them if I had a large house, but my basement where the games are would fit like, 4 people max, and we can't do it anywhere else - not to mention my parents would be all weird about it. I need to friggin move out.

Also, XZone is 110% gaysauce, they charge like 2 million dollars an hour to play consoles (no johns) even though I'm sure Jeff (one of the owners) would give us a "deal", his "deals" are often garbage - and I don't really feel like paying regardless.

I saw we all just hijack James' house regardless of what he says. He has the best setup. So yah, smash at James' this sat.

Also since Oli is ONLY good on Corneria, I am going to say that I have the toughest time playing you guys, since I only have ONE winnable stage! NO JOHNS. :p

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I won't be there. If you guys go to James, I insist Melee is only at my TV, the one that has the 40$ price tag in the upper corner. Cake/James is to enforce this.

And I'm serious too. It's the reason I bought the TV.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
was the ride confimred? lol

I won't be here the next 2 UBCOs/smashfests(wheverTF they are) but after that I'm available again.

As far as venues go...I haven't looked into it at all really, but there are many possibilities. As there always is. To clear a few things up though...

My house is out of the question. I can't do anything in my house from March to October without getting in the way of other plans. Even for MOST3 I had to bail on playing 2 shows in Armstrong and my mom and bros were glad 'it was the last one until next year' type of thing. Which I planned it to be that way and it really has to be. There'll be no room once music kicks into high gear, everybody is going all summer partying and my mom moves the rest of her office into the smash room.

I can easily drive to Penticton for smash Lib gives us the go. As long as I have a couple people coming with me so I don't have to pay for gas or get ultra bored for the hour drive there and back, then I can stay all day Saturday's from noon to midnight or whatever. I'll need to get those road closure things through Summerland cleared up too, getting stuck sucks.

The Official Smash Bros Club at UBCO gets priority over all other venue options. It won't be as annoying finding space or getting organized, even if we only get a designated small time space or room, there will always be a decent turn out because of the regulars added to by the UBCO students and of course it's already, or should be, in progress. That relies on CC, Dotz and the other various UBCO smashers though. So that involves contact with Danny, Him, Culex, Evan, Tycho, etc.

1. Official UBCO Smash Club (CC, Dotz, Fazha and so on have to organize it and make it happen)
2. Pentiction at AJs house (Lib can only if the parents and player commitment allow it)
3. Other players house (Cakeh, Zyfe, anyone who possibly has a decent smashing space)
4. Sneak into UBCO (just like we were but maybe make sure we don't get caught again)
5. Xzone (might cost a fee but it's full of tvs and could attract a lot of players long term)
6. When I look into it, I'll find something else too.

CC or whoever at UBCO: If you can get the Official Smash Club going there, just like you said you were trying to do when I first contacted you, it'll be the best thing possible. It's all on you though.

Aside from Lib: Who has a decent smashing space/room that's possibly at their disposal? Even once a month for smash, every little bit counts. AJ can sometimes, Steve has decent room, anyone?

Xzone and me:
I can probably work out a decent deal with the Xzone but it'll be a long process and everyone will have to be willing to chip in a few bucks a night. Just like a tourney entree fee but no pot or winnings (not like anyone but me wins anything anyway so nobody should care lulzlulz).

It would be great to do it there because the community could grow unintentionally (slowly but surely, like those few people that showed up from nowhere at MOST3. Some random black dude, that little kid, that spencer guy max's friend. Just one tournament there and 3 people were interested, even though one was a buddy that didn't play, one was an annoying loud kid and one guy just happened to be there and liked it. At MOST1 I only knew half the people too. We get that advertised there and it'll grow significantly every week probably.

Armstrong really needs to get more active. They are far and don't have suficient transportation (still have Ns, don't have jobs or vehicles and can GH but even then I need to pick them up lol) so I'll give them those johns, but MOST3 was a necessity. Oh wells. I might take double day trips to Armstrong and go through Vernon in the process for Brawl and Melee if anyone wants to tag along. That'll be a last second road trip type of thing during the summer when my shows are cancelled and I find out I'm free on a weekend lol

Haunter>Gengar, I don't know why everyone always wants to change that lol

Graveller is almost as good as Golem but Golem isn't as cool so whatever.

Alakazam *****.

Machamp? You serious? I could **** you with a Squirtle ***** lol jkz

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I'm completely my pokedex. wts at Haunter > Gengar? Gengar is one of the most ultimate special sweepers, james.

NO ****ING TL;DR JOHNS! Lots of important stuff regarding the future of Okanagan smash area.

James's hands are tied, and I'm kinda a P-Town resident, so it REALLY comes down to you guys, especially CC, Fazha, and Max: start inquiring, do what you nhave to do, but resecuring UBCO as a venue is VERY important.

Smash at my place on the weekend after easter weekend, MAYBE. I still can't quite confirm it, and I'd need James AND YOU GUYS AS WELL to bring TVs down. (lol, James, if there is smash in K-town and smash in P-town, where should we leave my TV? Also, if my TV becomes a bit of an area blocker for your mom or family, just tell me, alright?) Honestly, I have one in my room, which will remain unexcessable (unless I get my act together and make this a viable bachelor pad lololol), and one in my parents room, also unexcessable. That leaves ZERO TVs. Come big, come small, I don't care. a seven inch is **** fine. Viva la smash!

But yeah, I'll have a smasher for one weekend at least if UBCO keeps up. We're planning a bit of smashing then smashing, the second one being partyiiiiing aw yeah. Aparently a lot of people from my high school go to UBCO now, especailly the partiers. I'm sure you guys are welcome to join too, if you want. Except Steven. Seriously. No jokes even. Not even if his mom okay's it. You're too young.

But as for tournaments, there's a guy who plays GG down in Penticton (currently on teh coast) and he and I might start something up with smash and gg. I want y'all (y'all lol) to give GG a good shot. GG = Guilty Gear btw).

ANYWAYS, recapp.

Do WHATEVER you can to keep Okanagan smash alive. James, keep doing what you';re doign. You're aweosme. Zyfe, Steven, others not at UBCO, see what youi can do about your houses and stuff. If we have to start small, then we'll go to my place, but just because it ain't Saturday and James didn't announce it, does't mean you can't be all, "Hey, Fazha. How about you come to my place and we can practice more." or yada yada. Maybe CC can **** Cake at with his awesome Mewtwo Rolling skills some more too. Idk. UBCO people: do WHATEVER you can to start an OFFICIAL ubco smash club. To my understanding (of uVic club policies), you need 5 people attending the school (or 10?) to innitiate the club. You've easily got that, so pleeease make it. CC, Fazha, Dotz, Danny, Him, Culex, Evan, Deathknee, Tycho, Player X, that one guy who laughed at crab battle during the week of Fazha's epic controller malfunction, I DON'T CARE! It's very important and it's completely up to you guys. smash =/= gaming club btw, we're superior, **** it! AJ, personal note to **** james mercilessly away from CvS2 smacktalking, and to ask folks about smashfests. It'll be monthlies or biweeklies if I do it. 3rd week in the month, cancelled if I'm at tournaments.

If it does happen, smash at my place, I'll need power bars tvs, and wiis if you want brawl. If you don't bring wiis, I will not be able to even have brawl. I'll be having GG and inviting Teyah (Paul) too btw. You all be nice to him, you teen smashers.

btw, Graveller is ****ing some ugly *** ****. And Machamp is a beaaast. Machoke just looks plain ********. Machop pwns both of them.

Zyfe

Smash Rookie
tl;dr

for srs.

jkz

idk what to say yo.

spam

i'll just chill and let you guys handle everything. its my way. aww yah.

Walker-

Smash Rookie
uhhhhh as far as official ubco stuff goes wed essentialy have to wait till next semester. Thats my input so far. I think our best bet is to see if we can rent a room over the weekend.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
lol, I guess that means it needs to be updated. DUUUUR JAMES.

Plus besides, we haven't had an update since early march late feb. What's the layout change going to be? Change PRs to traditional PRs? or just colors and shiiietz.

Max, work on that right away.

I asked my folks, and my dad has a negative vibe about it already. THat's alright though, he had a negative vibe toward driving me up for MOST3 too, so things are pretty good. I just need to kiss *** and such, and then I might be able to use the basement. Who knows.

edit; btw guys, the GG'er in penticton is one of the top players in BC. I'm **** lucky with getting those types to chill with me. FIrst Tim mentoring me and now Paul. Aww yeah. Lets just hope I improve faster unlike May-Nov 08. Daaayum, I sucked.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
btw, where is everyone going once the semester ends? Can you stay at campus or do they shoo you home? Max, are you heading back to the coast (that's where you live right?), or are you staying around in Ktown? Fazha, we know you're heading back up north. I'll make James see who he can round up there for you to still get your smash in with. Apparently there's this really good online Yoshi player, he might be near where you live. CC, where do you even live normally? o.O Anyone else that goes on the boards that I'm forgetting?

ARrrmmmstroonnng, come backkkk!

Walker-

Smash Rookie
Oh Ill be staying here this summer in kettle valley and workin'. Also teaching myself some advanced courses cuz Im too cheap to pay for another semester.

Inuyfreak

Smash Rookie
So i asked my mom and she said its okay if maybe 2-3 times a month you guys all come over to smash. I'm perfectly fine with that,too i dont have to go anywhere lol. And we'd be closed off from pretty much every other room, humongus tv with not too much lag (no worse than Jamesys tv) computers nearby,fridge in the next room, the works. Just let me know ahead of time so i can get some stuff down there. We also might need one more tv which im sure SOMEONE can supply. Just lemme know if you need the space, and its there.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I can vouch: there's minimal tv lag, which is very nice considering the monster FLAT screen. Wait, maybe not. I'm not sure. There was some noticable lag during Megaman 2, but I don't remember much with smash. Kinda weird, eh? I bet it's because I'm a Samus main.

Count the outlets down there, by the way. James can bring my and his TV.

When's the soonest you can have a smashfest there?

What's kettle valley?

btw, I'd have to say KH2 is the WORST large budget game I've EVER played. So ****ing ******** uuugh.

It's nice down there though. Got like, Chilly chibangas or whatever those burrito like things were called, nice couches, and like, it's good. A little cozy, even when it was just me and Steven, but that's more due to furniture arrangement I think, which we can alter I'm sure, as long as we tidy and put things back to how they were.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Yay for Cakeh!

I updated the first post but I need some more input on the Brawl PR (all of middle tier pretty much) and can't remember the singles results for MOST3 so someone clear that up too.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
JAmes, I see many errors. You put me as a Sheik main lol. I was using Sheik in doubles because my Fox was horrendously slow and I didn't want to embarass Tim but making us lose all our matches. And I was trying to CP you, as well as being up against Falcos/Falcons/Marth/ or other things against Kaelen aside from the last match. I ain't no sheik main.

You also put juggies below you. Since it's so close, and you still lost, Kaelen should be above you in melee.

in brawl, I'll get back to the mid tier, but wts is with the MOST3 brawl results? Results have me and Tim tied in 5th, and you forgot Saki. idk who got 7th and who got 9th though between Saki and Player X. Could've been CC too.

I really have no idea for some parts of mid tier in brawl. Me, Him Danny sound alright, but I can't really offer much since I've only played Danny like twice and seen Him play for only parts of matches. idk who is next between Cake and CC. It's really close, and either of them can take it. Player X and Saki played eachother at MOST3, I think, in the bracket, so you can judge them between that. from playing both of them, I'd say Saki is higher than player X personally. Dave's on the bottom, but he's definitally a huge jump up from Evan or Deathknee, Tycho or Sweet.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Double post because I'm looking at the front page atm to make the post. How's it going, Lanowen? lolol.

Melee low tier is all kinda garbled up. There's a huge jump down, but CC isn't the next one. Apparently Cake was beating CC all the time, he allegedly said as well as beating him in the round robin. "mewtwo was so annoying. Roll. roll. roll. shadowball. roll." direct quote.

Regardless, that low tier is a toughie. Sess is a Samus main btw, apparently too. I'd rank it...

Zyfe....

then I have no idea. ):

Zyfe's on the top of the low tiers though. Zair's bowser was pretty good as well last I played him, considering it's bowser. CC just does the CC thing, somehow does good. Cake beats CC, apparently Fazha beats Cake, I'd rank Dotz over Fazha though, but I don't think I'd rate Dotz over Cake or CC in melee.

idk, but just putting together a list of who I see play the best to the worst, it's...

Zyfe
CC
Sess
Cake
Zair
Dotz
Fazha
Dave

With all my brainstorming, it's a rough list. James, thoughts?

Maybe we should make traditional PRs to avoid this confusion? lol.

Edit: Max uses Falco in both games now apparently, but don't switch it. It'll probably make me change my whole list.

2nd edit: You guys have to play more because you all are too hard to range yourself in melee. :/

Oh, and a third edit to this one: We should have armstrong off the melee pr since theyh aren't ranked super high, they're missing in action, and they're too hard to put into here since no one besides themselves have played them since at least Febby.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
More stuff from front page that I forgot to mention:

You spelled "Divided" wrong on the explaination of the brawl pr.

MOST4 needs a date earlier than beginning of summer unless it's going to be in Sept.

And I'm a pikachu main in SSB now. feel tha huuuuart.

And I THINK that's everything.

For the record, James's post disapeered: I didn't actually quadruple post, did I?

nevermind; sent one of them twice. Kinda scared me. I'm on a wii, I get johns, right?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Much better 4 posts than the 3 postingness. But lol at it

JAmes, I see many errors. You put me as a Sheik main lol. I was using Sheik in doubles because my Fox was horrendously slow and I didn't want to embarass Tim but making us lose all our matches. And I was trying to CP you, as well as being up against Falcos/Falcons/Marth/ or other things against Kaelen aside from the last match. I ain't no sheik main.

You also put juggies below you. Since it's so close, and you still lost, Kaelen should be above you in melee.

in brawl, I'll get back to the mid tier, but wts is with the MOST3 brawl results? Results have me and Tim tied in 5th, and you forgot Saki. idk who got 7th and who got 9th though between Saki and Player X. Could've been CC too.

I really have no idea for some parts of mid tier in brawl. Me, Him Danny sound alright, but I can't really offer much since I've only played Danny like twice and seen Him play for only parts of matches. idk who is next between Cake and CC. It's really close, and either of them can take it. Player X and Saki played eachother at MOST3, I think, in the bracket, so you can judge them between that. from playing both of them, I'd say Saki is higher than player X personally. Dave's on the bottom, but he's definitally a huge jump up from Evan or Deathknee, Tycho or Sweet.
K I'll switch you back to Fox. Though your Shiek could actually win a couple matches 1v1 too. :p

One set wih someone doesn't mean much and juggies never took matches off Tim (maybe a few), where I did (1 every 5 or so) even tourney matches. And he lost a match to you. Also, I CP'd with FD cause I wanted him to go Falco so I could get more Falco practice. I could've gone Mangoland and ***** but that doesn't make me better as efficiently, does it? ;P

I don't remember anything regarding the MOST3 Brawl reults cause I never really payed much attention to that tourney lol. That's why I need people to clear it up for me. That's a start. :p

I'll fix those things with Cake, CC, etc later, makes sense.

Double post because I'm looking at the front page atm to make the post. How's it going, Lanowen? lolol.

Melee low tier is all kinda garbled up. There's a huge jump down, but CC isn't the next one. Apparently Cake was beating CC all the time, he allegedly said as well as beating him in the round robin. "mewtwo was so annoying. Roll. roll. roll. shadowball. roll." direct quote.

Regardless, that low tier is a toughie. Sess is a Samus main btw, apparently too. I'd rank it...

Zyfe....

then I have no idea. ):

Zyfe's on the top of the low tiers though. Zair's bowser was pretty good as well last I played him, considering it's bowser. CC just does the CC thing, somehow does good. Cake beats CC, apparently Fazha beats Cake, I'd rank Dotz over Fazha though, but I don't think I'd rate Dotz over Cake or CC in melee.

idk, but just putting together a list of who I see play the best to the worst, it's...

Zyfe
CC
Sess
Cake
Zair
Dotz
Fazha
Dave

With all my brainstorming, it's a rough list. James, thoughts?

Maybe we should make traditional PRs to avoid this confusion? lol.

Edit: Max uses Falco in both games now apparently, but don't switch it. It'll probably make me change my whole list.

2nd edit: You guys have to play more because you all are too hard to range yourself in melee. :/

Oh, and a third edit to this one: We should have armstrong off the melee pr since theyh aren't ranked super high, they're missing in action, and they're too hard to put into here since no one besides themselves have played them since at least Febby.
Shiiiiiit
k I'll deal with all that in an edit on the OP later too.

More stuff from front page that I forgot to mention:

You spelled "Divided" wrong on the explaination of the brawl pr.

MOST4 needs a date earlier than beginning of summer unless it's going to be in Sept.

And I'm a pikachu main in SSB now. feel tha huuuuart.

And I THINK that's everything.

For the record, James's post disapeered: I didn't actually quadruple post, did I?

nevermind; sent one of them twice. Kinda scared me. I'm on a wii, I get johns, right?
No johnz

Inuyfreak

Smash Rookie
Things are kind of weird for melee with me right now. At MOST3 i beat CC alot of the time, but i was playing falcon for all of a day (two if you count MOST3) which is why i ran into a lot of stuff when fighting fazhas roy. I got a lot of practice with my friend in melee and i improved alot, so next smashfest we should probably have a melee round robin. Also my place is available whenever on saturdays, we have the humongus flatscreen, my tv, and i could probably get one more hd tv, havent tested it to see if it lags yet. Just PHONE ME ahead of time, because i dont get on smashboards much.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Jamesies pick me up from GH to Cakiepoo's? Yes yes?

When's the earliest we can come?

James: You know us a lot better than we know him, and the original purpose of that round robin was to determin who was going to be higher and lower on the PR. idk. He got a higher record (you tied 6-6; not going to count against CC and Cake), but he won one more set, 2-1 to your 1-2. Idk, it's still way to close to really even have it, but that should be the tie breaker imo.

and what? Fox? SAMUS! Fox, SHeik, and Zelda are my subs. :/

Also, I don't know if I gave a verdict on CC vs Cake in brawl, but I'd rank CC higher. He can take matches and even sets off some of the higher players, where as Cake only does that in friendlies... against me... the guy who is entirely unmovitivated in brawl and just glides off the stage when he gets bored of the game. No johns, btw, Zyfe ***** me good, and the only time I've been beat by Cake in brawl was during the little party at Cake's house after the security mishap.

Still getting info on smash at my place. POLL: WHO IS WILLING TO DRIVE HERE IF I HELP YOU GET PAST THE ROAD CLOSURE WITHOUT GETTING STOPPED? James can drive some people I'm sure, but who that can drive (Zyfe, Fazha... can Dotz, CC etc drive?) would come on their own will to Penticton to smash?

Holy ****, what are these god **** animals!?

btw, armstrong and kamloops are still mia. :/ Someone contact them? I'm not able to use msn much anymore. James?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Cakeh iz are saviore

Samus? Why not? What? Your Samus is cute.

Yeah, we're really close. It's awesome! I win 80% time still though. :\

Also, that's like saying that the one bad choke week Fazha had a month ago should've dropped him below CC in the PR. It's just one match/set. Take into account everything. Like, look at your Brawl over the last couple weeks and look where you are on the PR. Get it yet? lol

Zyfe

Smash Rookie
Does Mr.Cake live in Kelowna? If so I vote his house for saturday smash, as he has said it's no problem and he has an awesome setup for it.

I don't really like the idea of driving to Penticton for smash on saturdays because I'm lazy and I don't like to pay for gas. I mean, It's hard for me to get up and go to UBCO for smash and I live like 2 minutes away from it.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
lol, I still beat people below me.

And you did choke; you were both playing amazing that night. You were even doing good in teams.

You6 sounded like you were going to put Fox as my main for Melee. Pikachu Samus DK for the three games in old to new.

With the whole game thing, I still find Kaelen to be better. I was playing stupid trying to CP and it really hurt me in the end.

You guys should redo your set or something. idk. Have a sole determiner set. bo7.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Cake lives up... uh... that one road. North Ktown. lol, James not knowing his NES and Ws. lol. My dad didn't either though. He thought East was North, just because that's the way you're heading when you come into Kelowna from Penticton.

five 4 nine Clifton rd. You can google map it. That's the address.

Inuyfreak

Smash Rookie
Cake lives up... uh... that one road. North Ktown. lol, James not knowing his NES and Ws. lol. My dad didn't either though. He thought East was North, just because that's the way you're heading when you come into Kelowna from Penticton.

five 4 nine Clifton rd. You can google map it. That's the address.
So apparently we're having company over this weekend (the 11th) and im not allowed to use the rec room. I could probably have a maximum of two people at my house,which isnt really great. Sorry guys, next weekend for sure, it just came up suddenly or something.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
"I could probably have a maximum of 2 people"

I don't think I can make it anyway. I'll probably chill and play GG and learn the **** game instead. muthafukka.

James, you forgot the question mark after the smiley face. jeez.

Where has Fazha and CC been? They haven't posted in forever.

Inuyfreak

Smash Rookie
"I could probably have a maximum of 2 people"

I don't think I can make it anyway. I'll probably chill and play GG and learn the **** game instead. muthafukka.

James, you forgot the question mark after the smiley face. jeez.

Where has Fazha and CC been? They haven't posted in forever.
Oh well if you do decide to come, you cant stay the night.

Walker-

Smash Rookie
Based on my sudden loss of the ability to do boost pivot grabs. I also want nub status.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Everyone envies my nubbie-ness.

Pokemon is gay. Complete and utterly gay. **** it.

If anyone's wanting to try other (2D) fighting games, tell me. Chances are I can bring it or I can bring a simular substitute.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Pokemon is so gay. :/

Okay, so I'm working on trying to get a competitive team, right? I'm bored, and grinding for the right nature + special ability can't be that bad. I catch a chansey, have a ***** of a time finding an egg partner (didn't know about egg groups, blow me), finally I get it bred with a Marrill, find out that I need Aromatherapy to be obtained, which in the least needs a level 43 (46 so it doesn't accidently teach itself it's last move over Aroma) Roselia. My highest level at that moment was either my Luxray or my Infernape, high 30s. :/

I hustle in bustle in the strongest cave I can find, kicking *** and taking names with a Roselia, and finally I get it.

I work on grinding to get a Bold nature with Natural Cure Chansey egg.

Hatched a good 12 eggs, and then while I'm doing this, I look at serebii.net and it doesn't have seismic toss listed, a move I know Blissey can get and that is very vital against special sweepers.

I ask questions, and guess what I gotta do.

Fire up Pokemon Firered, get a Chansey in THAT game, breed for the right nature + natural cure with a level 43 (46 again being optimal) Roselia, teach the Chansey/Blissey Seismic toss through some random one shot gungho move tutor, and then transfer it over to my Platinum.

Like, ffs. Seriously. **** that shiiiit!

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, to whoever cares, has been pushed back until the 20th and I won't be getting it until then... maybe.

Top Bottom